It's Official, the Trump-Russia Investigation was a Partisan Witch Hunt

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why is it a stretch? Are you going to try and make the case that Donald Trump is more moral, has more integrity, has more respect for the law than Richard Nixon?

Good luck with that!

No...I am making the exact opposite case....Donald Trump isn't a saint...just like many previous American presidents.   The FBI was used by many presidents under Hoover's reign for all kinds of harassment and dirty tricks.

Why does Trump have to be squeaky clean ?

Really? Yet neither you nor any of Trump's defender here nor in the congress or senate have even attempted to deny what he did. Instead you all complain about the process and scream about Biden's son. Trump endangered American security interests to blackmail an allie into announcing a public investigation into the guy likely to be Trump's political opponent in the upcoming election.

So what ?    FDR was leading America into a World War with the help of foreign actors !

Nothing special about the Bidens either...."opposition research"  and "fake news" is perfectly legal.

Abraham Lincoln ordered his political and media enemies arrested? Cite for that?

President Lincoln not only arrested his enemies and thousands of others, he also suspended freedom of the press and habeas corpus.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2001/11/lincoln-s-suspension-of-habeas-corpus.html

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jala/2629860.0005.103/--lincoln-administration-and-arbitrary-arrests?rgn=main;view=fulltext

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...I am making the exact opposite case....Donald Trump isn't a saint...just like many previous American presidents.   The FBI was used by many presidents under Hoover's reign for all kinds of harassment and dirty tricks.

That's like saying there was slavery in the past so what's the problem with it returning. Most of us like to see some forward progress on these things.

So what ?    FDR was leading America into a World War with the help of foreign actors !

FDR was doing what he thought best for America.

Trump is doing what he thinks is best for Trump, and the hell with America.

Btw, you're not naive enough to believe Trump is the least bit patriotic, are you?

Nothing special about the Bidens either...."opposition research"  and "fake news" is perfectly legal.

It's not even remotely legitimate, though, which is why 500 legal scholars said it easily and fully justified impeachment.

President Lincoln not only arrested his enemies and thousands of others, he also suspended freedom of the press and habeas corpus.

Stuff happens in wars, especially civil wars.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, Argus said:

I note once again that you, like the Republicans, won't even try to defend or deny what Trump did.

It would appear as though you are, like the democrats, who are trying to avoid republicans and their questions about the Biden gate affair. When it comes to politics, who's real side are you on anyway? You appear to be one confused person. Just saying. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2001/11/lincoln-s-suspension-of-habeas-corpus.html

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jala/2629860.0005.103/--lincoln-administration-and-arbitrary-arrests?rgn=main;view=fulltext

C'mon eh. We all know what is really going on here or they should know. All this nonsense about trying to impeach Trump is just a smokescreen to try and keep the Republicans at bay from going after years of Obama and Hillary democratic corruption and all his corrupt democratic followers. It would appear as though Biden has been involved in some kind of money laundering hanky-panky going on here. I hope that Trump wins the house and senate in the next election. Then we may finally start to see democratic heads start to roll. I want to have a front row seat to that greatest show on earth blockbuster movie that may come to a theater screen near us all after the next election.. Popcorn anyone. :D

33 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

You don't "drain the swamp" by urinating and crapping all over the place. 

It's very counter-productive.  ;)

Yet, that is what the democrats have and are still doing every day to the American people for three years now. Constantly pizzing and chitting on their heads every day. The democrats are very counter-productive. The democrats are the bloody swampers. Any buffoon can see that by now. As I said already, the democrats are using this impeachment nonsense as an excuse and a way to try and stop the Republicans from going after the real corrupt leaders in the former Obama/Hillary/Biden tyranny anti-American regime. Hopefully, when Trump takes the house and the senate in the next election, your leftist liberal ilk will get what is coming to them. Long overdue for those  democrat rascals. :D

Edited by taxme

1 hour ago, Argus said:

That's like saying there was slavery in the past so what's the problem with it returning. Most of us like to see some forward progress on these things.

FDR was doing what he thought best for America.

Btw, you're not naive enough to believe Trump is the least bit patriotic, are you?

It's not even remotely legitimate, though, which is why 500 legal scholars said it easily and fully justified impeachment.

Stuff happens in wars, especially civil wars.

So the internment of 120,000 Japanese-American citizens and legal residents by FDR was fine by you....got it.

Impeachment is a political process, so of course Trump is going to be impeached.

...the Democrats and wannabe haters in Canada still can't get over 2016.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

You don't "drain the swamp" by urinating and crapping all over the place. 

It's very counter-productive.  ;)

Not for Trump, who maintains very steady support from his political base.

Crowds eat up the rhetoric, if only because it "urinates and craps" all over the leftists and drives them nuts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Argus said:

Why is it a stretch? Are you going to try and make the case that Donald Trump is more moral, has more integrity, has more respect for the law than Richard Nixon?

Good luck with that!

Really? Yet neither you nor any of Trump's defender here nor in the congress or senate have even attempted to deny what he did. Instead you all complain about the process and scream about Biden's son. Trump endangered American security interests to blackmail an allie into announcing a public investigation into the guy likely to beTrump's political opponent
 in the upcoming election.

Abraham Lincoln ordered his political and media enemies arrested? Cite for that?

OMG, are you for real? 

Trump's request was tit for tat, and he wasn't starting a sham investigation based on bogus intel. Biden bragged about an actual crime, it's his own fault that anyone even knows about this. 

Are you honestly going to try to act like it was ok for Hillary to use bogus Russian intel to try to spy on Trump pre-election and then use that fake dossier to get him removed from office after he won, but Trump can't just ask for a legit investigation into an obvious crime?

Even Hunter admitted that his last name got him his job in Ukraine, and everyone knows that it got him business with the Communist Bank of China as well. You go after Trump 24/7 but you act like protecting Biden is a mission from God himself.

CNN and the Dems are a joke and you're their toady. 

There are plenty of things to hate about Trump. If you want to stick to those topics and have an actual constructive dialogue then good on ya, but your 3 year long CNN-induced losing streak isn't coming to an end by clutching to their next idiotic farce. Next time they come up with a new thing, do yourself a favour and switch the tv off.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG, are you for real? 

Trump's request was tit for tat, and he wasn't starting a sham investigation based on bogus intel. Biden bragged about an actual crime, it's his own fault that anyone even knows about this. 

Are you honestly going to try to act like it was ok for Hillary to use bogus Russian intel to try to spy on Trump pre-election and then use that fake dossier to get him removed from office after he won, but Trump can't just ask for a legit investigation into an obvious crime?

Even Hunter admitted that his last name got him his job in Ukraine, and everyone knows that it got him business with the Communist Bank of China as well. You go after Trump 24/7 but you act like protecting Biden is a mission from God himself.

CNN and the Dems are a joke and you're their toady. 

There are plenty of things to hate about Trump. If you want to stick to those topics and have an actual constructive dialogue then good on ya, but your 3 year long CNN-induced losing streak isn't coming to an end by clutching to their next idiotic farce. Next time they come up with a new thing, do yourself a favour and switch the tv off.

Everything you wrote above is sputtering insanity. And none of it is true.  I'm not going to deal with you on this any more. It's like dealing with 911 truthers. There's no point.

Edited by Argus

15 hours ago, Argus said:

I think Trump does love America, he just loves himself more.

On its own i think the impeachment over the Ukraine call would be ridiculous, but given his shady dealings with Russia before the last election I think it's justified.  Trump and the Putin admin weren't swapping recipes before the last election like gimme a break.  He can't keep using foreign governments to help bring down his political opponents.  I think many Dems legit want to protect the legitimacy of the US election from Trump shadiness, but i think the impeachment timing is also political too let's not kid ourselves.

10 hours ago, Argus said:

Everything you wrote above is sputtering insanity. And none of it is true.  I'm not going to deal with you on this any more. It's like dealing with 911 truthers. There's no point.

Keep your head in the sand Argus, I couldn’t care less. 

We both know that on one side of the story people said crazy things like “the FBI is playing dirty and the MSM is lying” and on the other side people said “the new bombshell evidence is just about to be released and Trump is going to be proven guilty” every weekend for three straight years. 

At the end of the day the FBI was PROVEN (I’ll say again PROVEN BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT) to have been peddling falsehoods to the FISA court and the MSM was 100% wrong that whole time. 

Your side was a total joke Argus. CNN and CTV and CBC all missed the boat on the FBI scandals and they all piled onto the farce. 

At the end of the day you just have egg all over your face. Of course you want to put it all behind you. Do anything but man up and admit that you were wrong Argus. 

Now you seem to think that Biden is obviously innocent and Trump was wrong to question him, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary. The sham investigation into Trump was ok and we need to do everything in our power to ensure that Biden is never investigated, right?

”It’s easier to fool a person than to convince them that they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

On its own i think the impeachment over the Ukraine call would be ridiculous,

Why? The man endangered his country's security interests to blackmail a foreign leader into launching a phony investigation of the guy likely to be the Democratic contender in the next election. You think that's something that should just be let go?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG, are you for real? 

Trump's request was tit for tat, and he wasn't starting a sham investigation based on bogus intel. 

OMG are you for real. Are you really that blind to what Trump did? Really?  How do you pretend Trump has a legitimate role in initiating any investigation against Biden? Explain how it is in the President's job description to order the investigation of his political opponents by anyone let alone foreign governments. Please provide the law that allows him to do this. In  your world Presidents are above the law and can use the powers of the office no matter how conflicted their interests may be. You are not for real.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Why? The man endangered his country's security interests to blackmail a foreign leader into launching a phony investigation of the guy likely to be the Democratic contender in the next election. You think that's something that should just be let go?

POTUS' have done far, far worse.  I think it's the context that matters, at least for me. This guy keeps doing shady stuff with foreign leaders to win elections, and needs to be stopped. The election itself shouldn't be solely relied on to throw him out because the election itself is being compromised by him.  He's just going to keep doing this stuff too unless stopped.  I don't blame the Dems on this one.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rue said:

OMG are you for real. Are you really that blind to what Trump did? Really?  How do you pretend Trump has a legitimate role in initiating any investigation against Biden? Explain how it is in the President's job description to order the investigation of his political opponents by anyone let alone foreign governments. Please provide the law that allows him to do this. In  your world Presidents are above the law and can use the powers of the office no matter how conflicted their interests may be. You are not for real.

The US and Ukraine actually signed a Treaty on Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters that was brought in when BILL CLINTON of all people was President. So dealing with the Ukraine on legal issues isn't even an issue. 

https://www.state.gov/12978

I know you hate Trump, is that why you're ok with the fact that Hilary Clinton enlisted the help of Russians to spy on him to help win an election and then to help overturn the election results of 2016?  Hillary even took that bogus intel to the FBI, who knowingly provided it as false evidence to get a warrant to spy some more and start a propaganda trial which lasted 3 years.

If you're looking for an all-time low in US politics that was it. If you're looking for proven election meddling that's it. If you're not looking at that as some sort of crime then why the hell would you accuse Trump of committing a crime while doing the exact same thing, but in a more legal and above-board manner? Should he have found some sleazy cellar-dwellers in Russia and paid them off covertly through a law firm to make it legit Rue? Talk about clueless.

If you're looking for an example of slimier behaviour than Trump using an existing legal channel to get an investigation into an obvious crime started then look no further than Bidens bilking billions in business and millions in salary in foreign countries where JB was heavily influential as VP.

Why was the Obama administration so favourable to China when the Bidens were doing all that business? Hmmmmmmm.

Do you have a legit example of Trump's family doing questionable business with foreign countries like China? Because I have examples of Trump dealing with China in a way that will make the Chinese very willing participants in influencing the election in favour of the Dems. 

I'm for real Rue. That's a problem around here. No one likes to deal with the truth anymore. It's like the "information age" turned into the post-truth age, where companies like CNN can lie, retract, omit, make bogus accusations, etc and still call themselves a "news" channel. Honestly they should have to spell it Newz.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

POTUS' have done far, far worse. 

I'm not sure why that would be relevant. When they've done worse and been found out they've been booted out.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I think it's the context that matters, at least for me. This guy keeps doing shady stuff with foreign leaders to win elections, and needs to be stopped. The election itself shouldn't be solely relied on to throw him out because the election itself is being compromised by him.  He's just going to keep doing this stuff too unless stopped.

Then I'm confused as to why you think the impeachment is unjustified.

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Ok you win on that one.  I think its ironic. I see zero difference between Biden and Trump.

Biden isn't a compulsive liar. Biden has a fairly decent understanding of how government, the military, international geopolitics and grammar work, where Trump has none. Biden isn't a serial adulterer. Biden actually is religious rather than pretending to be. Biden hasn't spent his life stealing money from anyone he brushes up against, unlike Trump. Biden hasn't been an egomaniacal bully for sixty years. Biden hasn't used funding from Russian and Eastern European oligarchs to finance his businesses. Biden doesn't bend over to admire the shoes of every dictator he comes across. Biden has his own hair.

Lots of ways Biden is different from Trump.