More Critism about Canada from the US and the world...

On 12/6/2019 at 10:26 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

"The U.S. was among five countries that rejected the resolution, while Australia abstained. A total of 164 countries voted in favour, including the U.K., Germany and others."

https://nationalpost.com/news/canadas-support-for-un-resolution-condemning-israel-occupation-blasted-as-faustian-bargain

What's wrong with voting in favour of the resolution?  We should support Israel, as our ally, but not give it carte blanche support.

What's wrong with this wording:

Two weeks ago, Canada surprised Israel’s friends by voting for a North Korean resolution that challenges the legitimacy of Israel.

The legitimacy of Israel is a really hot topic among people who do not and would never question the legitimacy of Pakistan, purely out of their extreme religious bigotry.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:09 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Anyone breaking international law should be condemned within the UN.  Israel breaks international law, including the settlement building.  If Israel doesn't like critique, stop doing it.  We  shouldn't be playing favourites within the UN based on who is on "our side", the UN was designed to maintain international peace.

The hypocrisy is that most of the members of the General Assembly are governments that abuse human rights and international law, but Israel gets most of the mud thrown at them in the UN and picked on when others aren't.

These UN Resolutions which target Israel are a one-sided, blatant farce. 

Some of the lands occupied by Israel were taken over in wars where the Israelis merely defended themselves. They've overtaken massive tracts of land which they've already given back.

Sorry, the map has changed and it's not their fault. Seems like some folks got hoisted on their own petard.

Can you show me where the UN condemns the terrorists who shoot rockets, mortars and fire bombs into Israel on a constant basis? Can you tell me why there are fake refugee camps with hundreds of thousands of people in them for 70 years now when millions of refugees have settled in the last few years? I know you can't, don't bother trying. There's literally no excuse for what's happening to Israel, aside from religious bigotry.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's more of a Democrat thing. You know, the founders of the KKK and all.

The Ku Klux Klan (/ˈk ˈklʌks ˈklæn, ˈkj/),[a]commonly called the KKK or the Klan, is an American white supremacist hate group, whose primary target are African Americans.[8] The Klan has existed in three distinct eras at different points in time during the history of the United States. Each has advocated extremist reactionary positions such as white nationalism, anti-immigration and—especially in later iterations—Nordicism[9][10] and anti-Catholicism. Historically, the First Klan used terrorism – both physical assault and murder – against politically active blacks and their allies in the South in the late 1860s, until it was suppressed around 1872. All three movements have called for the "purification" of American society and all are considered right-wing extremist organizations.[11][12][13][14] In each era, membership was secret and estimates of the total were highly exaggerated by both friends and enemies.

you heard it here folks, the dems are actually right wingers!!!

if the dems are far right then that makes the repubs on the left!! :huh:

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

The Ku Klux Klan (/ˈk ˈklʌks ˈklæn, ˈkj/),[a]commonly called the KKK or the Klan, is an American white supremacist hate group, whose primary target are African Americans.[8] The Klan has existed in three distinct eras at different points in time during the history of the United States. Each has advocated extremist reactionary positions such as white nationalism, anti-immigration and—especially in later iterations—Nordicism[9][10] and anti-Catholicism. Historically, the First Klan used terrorism – both physical assault and murder – against politically active blacks and their allies in the South in the late 1860s, until it was suppressed around 1872. All three movements have called for the "purification" of American society and all are considered right-wing extremist organizations.[11][12][13][14] In each era, membership was secret and estimates of the total were highly exaggerated by both friends and enemies.

you heard it here folks, the dems are actually right wingers!!!

if the dems are far right then that makes the repubs on the left!! :huh:

LMAO ch - if you don't know the origins of the KKK that's your own problem. This is from the link that you pasted FYI:

Known as the “Invisible Empire of the South,”[15] the first Klan flourished in the Southern United States in the late 1860s during Reconstruction, then died out by the early 1870s. It sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South, especially by using violence against African-American leaders.

Dems will claim that they're the party of Civil Rights because the racist Lyndon B Johnson was the President when the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was voted in but the Republicans had always championed the cause of voting & civil rights for blacks. 

Vote totals for the Civil Rights Act by Party, from Wiki:

By party[edit]

The original House version:[21]

• Democratic Party: 152–96   (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34   (80–20%) 19% more support from Republicans

Cloture in the Senate:[22]

• Democratic Party: 44–23   (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6   (82–18%)16% more support from Republicans

The Senate version:[21]

• Democratic Party: 46–21   (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6   (82–18%) 13% more support from Republicans

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[21]

• Democratic Party: 153–91   (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35   (80–20%) 17% more support from Republicans

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

LMAO ch - if you don't know the origins of the KKK that's your own problem. This is from the link that you pasted FYI:

Dems will claim that they're the party of Civil Rights because the racist Lyndon B Johnson was the President when the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was voted in but the Republicans had always championed the cause of voting & civil rights for blacks. 

Vote totals for the Civil Rights Act by Party, from Wiki:

Lol 80-20% what kind of accuracy is that?

3 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5389258

I won't be complaining when my wallet gets heavier :P

$300 per year, Canadian for individuals, $600 per family.

That's 82 cents per day Canadian or $1.43 per family.

I don't think that your wallet will notice the difference. That doesn't even make up for the carbon tax and whatever new taxes the Libs dream up this tie around.

3 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5389258

I won't be complaining when my wallet gets heavier :P

And here, in essence, is what drives people to vote for left wing parties. Left wing parties promise to give you stuff for nothing. They promise to make 'someone else' pay for it, someone  who makes more than you do (those bastards!). Already close to half of Canadians are, in essence, freeloaders, paying nothing for the government services they get. The Liberals and the other leftist parties will keep raising this for political profit until the taxes have driven all the skilled people with real talent (like technology pros) out of the country. The only taxpayers left at that point will be public servants, who will demand higher wages to make up for their low disposable incomes.

Guest ProudConservative
2 hours ago, Argus said:

And here, in essence, is what drives people to vote for left wing parties. Left wing parties promise to give you stuff for nothing. They promise to make 'someone else' pay for it, someone  who makes more than you do (those bastards!). Already close to half of Canadians are, in essence, freeloaders, paying nothing for the government services they get. The Liberals and the other leftist parties will keep raising this for political profit until the taxes have driven all the skilled people with real talent (like technology pros) out of the country. The only taxpayers left at that point will be public servants, who will demand higher wages to make up for their low disposable incomes.

That someone else is future generations. This is why I became a conservative, I got sick and tired of deficit-financing. The government is suppose to be the richest, most powerful bank in the world. Why does the richest and most powerful bank, need to borrow money?

If we can't pay for things ourselves, then we should all agree to raise our taxes. I would rather 70% taxes than, borrowing another dime from future generation. That's theft.

Anyways I don't get why so many people here support Trump. He's running Trillion dollar deficits. If republicans are no better than the democrats, at cutting government waste... Than I might as well support the liberals, at least the care about the environment. I think Trump is cringeworthy, but if he was paying down debt, I'd support his re-election, despite his obscenities. I'm a fiscal conservatie first, and a social conservative second.

If liberals wanted my respect, I'd have to start hearing them say. We got to stop stealing money from future generations.

Edited by ProudConservative

14 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Anyways I don't get why so many people here support Trump. He's running Trillion dollar deficits. If republicans are no better than the democrats, at cutting government waste... Than I might as well support the liberals, at least the care about the environment. I think Trump is cringeworthy, but if he was paying down debt, I'd support his re-election, despite his obscenities. I'm a fiscal conservatie first, and a social conservative second.

Trump is not and never has been a fiscal conservative....and he used to be a Democrat.

U.S. federal budget deficits are caused by a combination of spending and revenue shortfalls at the hands of both Executive and Legislative branches of government.

Canada is also running deficits, but American voters don't waste time worrying about it.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

52 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

but American voters don't waste time worrying about it.

Because it's not that high in the grand scheme of things, 108% debt to GDP is not a problem when your debt is valuable.

Japan is at 236% debt to GDP, the markets still line up to buy their debt, America's debt is exponentially more valued.

ZOMG The Debt is fake news.

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

These UN Resolutions which target Israel are a one-sided, blatant farce. 

Some of the lands occupied by Israel were taken over in wars where the Israelis merely defended themselves. They've overtaken massive tracts of land which they've already given back.

Sorry, the map has changed and it's not their fault. Seems like some folks got hoisted on their own petard.

Can you show me where the UN condemns the terrorists who shoot rockets, mortars and fire bombs into Israel on a constant basis? Can you tell me why there are fake refugee camps with hundreds of thousands of people in them for 70 years now when millions of refugees have settled in the last few years? I know you can't, don't bother trying. There's literally no excuse for what's happening to Israel, aside from religious bigotry.

The UN Resolutions are one-sided for sure.  That's just because most countries in the GA are from the 3rd world.

The lands in the wars taken over by Israel i don't have a problem with, and they're "occupied" as means to control and defend Israel's security, which is fine.  But building permanent settlements in occupied regions of the West Bank goes well beyond that, it's a way to gain land that's not theirs by international law, it's literally illegal.  Even Obama derided Israel for doing it.

There's blood on both sides, i don't take sides in the conflict overall.

• Like 1

Guest ProudConservative
46 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The UN Resolutions are one-sided for sure.  That's just because most countries in the GA are from the 3rd world.

The lands in the wars taken over by Israel i don't have a problem with, and they're "occupied" as means to control and defend Israel's security, which is fine.  But building permanent settlements in occupied regions of the West Bank goes well beyond that, it's a way to gain land that's not theirs by international law, it's literally illegal.  Even Obama derided Israel for doing it.

The United States and Canada should stop sending foreign aid to Israel, and Palestine. The more we give, the more their lobbiest will try and hijack our democracy... . Put Canada first, and forget Israel and Palestine.

If they don't know how to live peaceful, that's their problem. Not ours!

I think we should put economic Sanctions on Isreal and all neighbouring countries, until the create a two state solution.

That will never happen, because the military industrial complex needs an excuse to sell weapons.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The way I see it is that Israel occupies 1% of the ME and they're just looking to be left alone. If the other guys get their way all of the Israelis will be dead. It's an easy choice for me to pick the side that doesn't want to commit genocide.

The existence of Israel is no less legitimate than the existence of Pakistan and not a single person who bemoans the existence of Israel is upset by the existence of Pakistan, so I chalk their intentions up to pure bigotry. 

Both countries were created in the same way, the only difference is that the Pakistanis killed everyone that they didn't want or drove them out, and there are no camps full of people wanting back into Pakistan because it's a religiously bigoted shithole where the government still executes people for their religious beliefs.

20 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

This guy's name would already be St. Mickey if he wasn't a Trudeau supporter lol.

On behalf of men with lack of  hair I protest the discrimination shown by the above Prime Minister. Now to get back to this who did not read the resolution Trudeau supported-let e first start by saying as a supporter of Israel's right to exist as is also the also the case of me and being a Zionist, I do NOT and have never believed nor do the majority of Zionists Canadian or otherwise, that Canada should never criticize Israeli policies. Israelis criticize their policies more than anyone anywhere. That is not and should not be the issue.

Also as a Zionist and I wish someone would ask us just once rather than assume what we think or Israel thinks or any Jew thinks, the majority of us understand that for a comprehensive peace agreement to come about on the West Bank there will have to be compromise and a significant change in the current leadership of Palestinians and Israelis and all other leaders of the Middle East.

That said, just as  no meaningful peace talks could take place until the IRA were disarmed, nothing but nothing will change as long as the current PA and Hamas represent Palestinians. They both have charters and have openly stated they want Israel and Jordan turned into a sharia law state along with the West Bank. That is something leftists on the board deny and pretend is not so. They pretend the only issue is West Bank settlements and that is the only reason the PA and Hamas are who they are. Bullshit. Its always been bullshit. Hamas and the PA stand for the dismantling of Jordan and Israel and until leftists acknowledge their charters and what their representatives state every moment of every day, they can pretend all they want Israel violates international law in a one sided vacuum but its bullshit.

The resolutions by the way are not international law and  have never been. They are political memorandums of statement with NO I repeat no legal status. They contain deliberately one sided references to the West Bank issues. The fact they are sponsored by countries in fact that violate every day international and human rights laws also seems to be denied by leftists. They see no problem in that. They see no problem in the fact that the current PA has a leader who stood up in his house of representatives cheering on his representatives chanting death to Israel and wrote his supposed doctoral thesis at the University of Moscow denying the holocaust existed. Yah that's some moderate. You may also want to look at how much money Mr. Abbas has placed  in offshore bank accounts that should have gone to helping Palestinians. For that matter Hamas spends the money it gets from Iran building tunnels to get into Israel not one penny has gone to benefiting Palestinians. Hamas blew up the roads and hospitals and schools Israel helped build deliberately. Its ability to stay in power is to keep its people isolated, impoverished and living in inhumane conditions so they remain angry and capable of being manipulated. Ask yourselves, how is it Hamas can not disarm as the IRA did if it truly is interested in peace negotiations? Why does it continue to build tunnels to get into Israel and finance terrorist actions and cells? Why is it Egypt and Jordan as well as Israel contain it? Why is it even Saudi Arabia has stopped financing it? Who do you think it represents? As for Mr. Abbas some of you leftists  need to understand he has no credibiloity with Palestinians. They are waiting for him to die as they did Arafat to see what is next. Palestinians know this man is corrupt and incapable of offering anything to them.

What Palestinians need are Israelis. What they need are Israelis working side by side with them on water irrigation systems, sewage facilities, electric networks, roads, access to a port to export their goods. The sole thing the PA did was shut down a business employing hundreds of Palestinians because it was started by an Israeli and showed Palestinians and Israelis work together just fine in business.

Trudeau sold out Canada's balanced approach because he wants a seat at the security table and he thought sucking up to this resolution would do it. The European countries that go along with this resolution have financial interests in the Middle East that cause them to be spineless cowards. Its always been the case. The UN ceased being a meaningful, neutral world leadership centre 20 years ago. Its a corrupt secret layered organization compromised by countries that break every law on the books but pontificate about the illegal behaviour of their fellow countries. It is a farse. It needs to be blown up and reconstituted to take out any direct connection or control from the governments which hamstring it.

For you conspiracy freaks, it proves on world government is a figment of someone's illuminati.

4 hours ago, Rue said:

Trudeau sold out Canada's balanced approach because he wants a seat at the security table and he thought sucking up to this resolution would do it. The European countries that go along with this resolution have financial interests in the Middle East that cause them to be spineless cowards. Its always been the case. The UN ceased being a meaningful, neutral world leadership centre 20 years ago. Its a corrupt secret layered organization compromised by countries that break every law on the books but pontificate about the illegal behaviour of their fellow countries. It is a farse. It needs to be blown up and reconstituted to take out any direct connection or control from the governments which hamstring it.

The UN is a farce. The people who occupy positions in all of the special interest panels are from the shithole countries who are the world's leading human rights abusers. Eg, Saudis on the women's rights groups, etc. I can't even look anything UN-related it because it just makes me sick.

Canada should be angling at pulling out of the UN unless there's a complete overhaul. Not just sucking up to the current power base there.

19 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

That someone else is future generations. This is why I became a conservative, I got sick and tired of deficit-financing. The government is suppose to be the richest, most powerful bank in the world. Why does the richest and most powerful bank, need to borrow money?

It doesn't.  It can just print its own.

Must be easier to grow the wealth gap by borrowing I guess.

Edited by eyeball