Jump to content

Canada doesn't need this many Ministries


QuebecOverCanada

Recommended Posts

This is not discussed at all in the public debate. But in Canada, we have way too many Ministries, which in turn creates a really fat government with a lot of Ministers, who cost a lot of money in turn, plus their teams and executives that drives the cost of government through the roof. I'll list the stupidest Ministries first, then I'll list those who are basically useless since another Ministry should already cover their field.

List of the most stupid ministries;

Ministry of Seniors,  Ministry for La Francophonie,  Ministry for Canada Post Corporation, Ministry for Canadian Dairy Commission,  Ministry of Status of Women, Ministry of Canadian Heritage.

Each one of those should not have to exist, and/or to have a Ministry to regulate those. I'm sorry Frenchies (I am French from Québec), but a Ministry just for the French Language is incredibly stupid. A Ministry for old people (Seniors)? A Ministry for Canada Post? A Ministry for the Dairy lobby?

Those ministries are totally unjustifiable, a waste of money, and sheer indirect corruption.

Next for me are the 'double Ministries' which are petty to say the least. Very petty. They sometimes are even a triple ministry. Demonstration here;

Ministry of Science ===== Ministry of Science AND Sports ===== Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development

Ministry of intergovernmental Affairs and Youths ===== Ministry of intergovernmental Affairs, Northern Affairs and International Trade

Ministry of Canadian Heritage ==== Ministry of Culture (Ministry of Culture does not exist, my bad)

Ministry of International Trade ===== Ministry of International Trade Diversification

Ministry of Small Business and Export promotion ===== Ministry of Small Business and Tourism

Does anyone agree we have some serious fat to cut with a chainsaw? It's not even a surgery with a scalpel that we need. It's a straight up psycho from Texas that we need to cut the fat.

Discuss, and correct me.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

This is not discussed at all in the public debate. But in Canada, we have way too many Ministries, which in turn creates a really fat government with a lot of Ministers, who cost a lot of money in turn, plus their teams and executives that drives the cost of government through the roof. I'll list the stupidest Ministries first, then I'll list those who are basically useless since another Ministry should already cover their field.

List of the most stupid ministries;

Ministry of Seniors,  Ministry for La Francophonie,  Ministry for Canada Post Corporation, Ministry for Canadian Dairy Commission,  Ministry of Status of Women, Ministry of Canadian Heritage.

Each one of those should not have to exist, and/or to have a Ministry to regulate those. I'm sorry Frenchies (I am French from Québec), but a Ministry just for the French Language is incredibly stupid. A Ministry for old people (Seniors)? A Ministry for Canada Post? A Ministry for the Dairy lobby?

Those ministries are totally unjustifiable, a waste of money, and sheer indirect corruption.

Next for me are the 'double Ministries' which are petty to say the least. Very petty. They sometimes are even a triple ministry. Demonstration here;

Ministry of Science ===== Ministry of Science AND Sports ===== Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development

Ministry of intergovernmental Affairs and Youths ===== Ministry of intergovernmental Affairs, Northern Affairs and International Trade

Ministry of Canadian Heritage ==== Ministry of Culture (Ministry of Culture does not exist, my bad)

Ministry of International Trade ===== Ministry of International Trade Diversification

Ministry of Small Business and Export promotion ===== Ministry of Small Business and Tourism

Does anyone agree we have some serious fat to cut with a chainsaw? It's not even a surgery with a scalpel that we need. It's a straight up psycho from Texas that we need to cut the fat.

Discuss, and correct me.

I'm not going to dig into all of that, but I do know that Freeland does the deputy pm and intergovernmental.  

https://www.canada.ca/en/intergovernmental-affairs.html

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waste of money ? So what do you understand from the word "money" ? We can think "money" as a labor given to do something or a labor spent to do something. All the jobs should be divided into smaller sectors and even all the sectors should be divided into much more smaller sectors. If you want to make a chocolate cake, someones should be specialize in purchasing cocoa, someones should be specialize in mixing the materials, someones in cooking it and a mastermind should organize all their works. It will have NO effect on economics closing these centers, even if you reject to employ someones and do all the cake yourself, still you have to pay them in a way if you want to sell them cakes.

Edited by Altai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Altai said:

Waste of money ? So what do you understand from the word "money" ? We can think "money" as a labor given to do something or a labor spent to do something. All the jobs should be divided into smaller sectors and even all the sectors should be divided into much more smaller sectors. If you want to make a chocolate cake, someones should be specialize in purchasing cocoa, someones should be specialize in mixing the materials, someones in cooking it and a mastermind should organize all their works. It will have NO effect on economics closing these centers, even if you reject to employ someones and do all the cake yourself, still you have to pay them in a way if you want to sell them cakes.

"So what do you understand from the word 'money' ? " . . . . . . . good socialist rhetoric in your above post.  

How about 'taxpayers dollars' to pay all the un-necessary 'deadwood' in the traitors new cabinet ?    Ministry of Middle Income . . . . wtf

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

"So what do you understand from the word 'money' ? " . . . . . . . good socialist rhetoric in your above post.  

How about 'taxpayers dollars' to pay all the un-necessary 'deadwood' in the traitors new cabinet ?    Ministry of Middle Income . . . . wtf


Any economies that relies on making profit and stocking money have to experience economic crisis. This is why it is a vicious circle that World economics always collapse with some intervals. Making profit means you retain money from the money flow in your country and it means someones lose their job somewhere in your country. Someones losing their job means your job will get smaller over time, smaller smaller smaller and one day you wont be able to sell whatver you produce and sell, service or an item. You harm yourself by trying to make "profit" by closing these workplaces. If you are trying to say "these people should spend their effort in much more beneficial jobs", this is a relative issue that may have many different options to make a chooice based on information we have and all the algoritms of these informations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2019 at 6:26 AM, Altai said:

Waste of money ? So what do you understand from the word "money" ? We can think "money" as a labor given to do something or a labor spent to do something. All the jobs should be divided into smaller sectors and even all the sectors should be divided into much more smaller sectors. If you want to make a chocolate cake, someones should be specialize in purchasing cocoa, someones should be specialize in mixing the materials, someones in cooking it and a mastermind should organize all their works. It will have NO effect on economics closing these centers, even if you reject to employ someones and do all the cake yourself, still you have to pay them in a way if you want to sell them cakes.

you've taken a $10 cake and created a $100 cake

welcome to socialism 101, hyperinflation and starvation

Edited by pinky tuscadero
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pinky tuscadero said:

you've taken a $10 cake and created a $100 cake

welcome to socialism 101, hyperinflation and starvation

Turkish academia. What can I say.

Getting back to Queb's original point, most of us agree all governments are too large and there is a lot of redundancy and overlap with all 3 levels of government often working in opposites to one another. Unfortunately   partisan motives always supercede efficient government administration and we all know that except the Turkish economic expert.

In a country of 40 million to have so many Ministries at the federal level is ridiculous. The Solicitor General and Homeland Security whatever you want to call that should be one Ministry. Immigration, Health  and Employment, one Ministry. Interprovincial Affairs, Aboriginal Relations and Culture, one ministry. Environment, Fisheries,  one Ministry. Natural Resources and Energyone Ministry. International Trade and External Affairs, one Ministry.  Finance, Justice and Defence, stand alone. That's it. Period.

Also I would like to see the PM cut back on most ceremonial duties and pass that back to t e Governor General and stop using their position at events that should be apolitical such as Veteran's day. Same comments provincially. Scale it back

 

Edited by Rue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2019 at 3:55 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

This is not discussed at all in the public debate. But in Canada, we have way too many Ministries, which in turn creates a really fat government with a lot of Ministers, who cost a lot of money in turn, plus their teams and executives that drives the cost of government through the roof. I'll list the stupidest Ministries first, then I'll list those who are basically useless since another Ministry should already cover their field.

List of the most stupid ministries;

Ministry of Seniors,  Ministry for La Francophonie,  Ministry for Canada Post Corporation, Ministry for Canadian Dairy Commission,  Ministry of Status of Women, Ministry of Canadian Heritage.

Each one of those should not have to exist, and/or to have a Ministry to regulate those. I'm sorry Frenchies (I am French from Québec), but a Ministry just for the French Language is incredibly stupid. A Ministry for old people (Seniors)? A Ministry for Canada Post? A Ministry for the Dairy lobby?

Those ministries are totally unjustifiable, a waste of money, and sheer indirect corruption.

Next for me are the 'double Ministries' which are petty to say the least. Very petty. They sometimes are even a triple ministry. Demonstration here;

Ministry of Science ===== Ministry of Science AND Sports ===== Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development

Ministry of intergovernmental Affairs and Youths ===== Ministry of intergovernmental Affairs, Northern Affairs and International Trade

Ministry of Canadian Heritage ==== Ministry of Culture (Ministry of Culture does not exist, my bad)

Ministry of International Trade ===== Ministry of International Trade Diversification

Ministry of Small Business and Export promotion ===== Ministry of Small Business and Tourism

Does anyone agree we have some serious fat to cut with a chainsaw? It's not even a surgery with a scalpel that we need. It's a straight up psycho from Texas that we need to cut the fat.

Discuss, and correct me.

All those ministries were all created to make it appear as though our political dear leaders really give a shit about you and me and everyone else out there in Canada land. They all were created to please many tiny minorities. Hundreds of billions of our tax dollars are being blown every year by the creation of all of these useless ministries mentioned above along with the hundreds of billions more that are being blown on so many other leftist liberal socialist programs and agendas like multiculturalism, foreign aid and refugees that have done not a dam thing to help make Canada great. Canada is broke, but yet we get more government and more bureaucrats. What the hell is wrong with the sheeple in Canada? Have most of them all gone f'n mad in the head? They go to work every day trying to eek out an existence, while their political masters rob them of their tax dollars, and give them more government, create more new taxes, and take away more freedoms. Are most Canadians communist minded who believe that the more government there is the more things will be great for them? 

Canadians do have some serious fat to cut alright but they appear to be quite reluctant to want to do so. They just put in a liar and a scandalous crook once again who will do just the opposite. Those idiots are the bloody problem. Their prime mistake that they voted for and put back in power has now created more fat for them to have to deal with and pay for. It's sad to say that most Canadians will never learn from anything that the government does to them. The more government that they can get never seems to be enough for these quite obvious communist fools. They seem to not realize that our dear leaders appear to have more contempt for them rather than love for them. I am surprised that there is not a ministry for the LGBTQ/Trans, refugees and climate change.  Oops, I maybe should not have said that!! I hope that Trudeau does not visit here. 

I guess that if Canadians did get rid of most or all of those ministries mentioned above, and try to get rid of some government fat, would probably cause Canada to go bankrupt? I mean, it would appear that most Canadians that are employed are pretty much employed by the government. Lay even 30% of them off, and the markets would show it, and the Canadian dollar(peso)could possibly get worse. The only thing that can save Canada today is to get rid of big government, hundreds of rules and regulations, cut taxes, and let the free market do it's thing. The government should be encouraging as much as possible the private sector, not try to stifle or impose countless rules and regulations and taxes on them. Leftist liberalism and socialism and environmentalists are wrecking this once great nation with their communist looking programs and agendas. Government will always be the problem, and never the solution to anything. Discuss and correct me if I appear to not be on the right track with saying that we need less government fat. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2019 at 6:23 AM, Rue said:

Turkish academia. What can I say.

Getting back to Queb's original point, most of us agree all governments are too large and there is a lot of redundancy and overlap with all 3 levels of government often working in opposites to one another. Unfortunately   partisan motives always supercede efficient government administration and we all know that except the Turkish economic expert.

In a country of 40 million to have so many Ministries at the federal level is ridiculous. The Solicitor General and Homeland Security whatever you want to call that should be one Ministry. Immigration, Health  and Employment, one Ministry. Interprovincial Affairs, Aboriginal Relations and Culture, one ministry. Environment, Fisheries,  one Ministry. Natural Resources and Energyone Ministry. International Trade and External Affairs, one Ministry.  Finance, Justice and Defence, stand alone. That's it. Period.

Also I would like to see the PM cut back on most ceremonial duties and pass that back to t e Governor General and stop using their position at events that should be apolitical such as Veteran's day. Same comments provincially. Scale it back

 

I am starting to get the impression that Canada is slowly becoming another over bloated government communist country. As Canada continues to exist, the more government Canadians seem to be getting. Our communist looking politicians appear to be trying to ruin anyone who tries to create new jobs, and growth, with so many taxes and rules and regulations that should appear to be discouraging anyone from trying to create new jobs for themselves and others in Canada.

I personally would not want to try and start up a business in BC with this present day socialist NDP party in power. The socialist NDP sure do love their government controlled vehicle insurance company(ICBC)rather than dump ICBC and hand vehicle insurance over to the private sector. The only ones that want to keep ICBC around are the socialist politicians and their over paid bureaucrats running ICBC.

Personally, I would like to see our prime mistake of Canada cut back on everything he has done already or would like to try in the future. Hey, save tax dollars, why not, eh?  ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, pinky tuscadero said:

you've taken a $10 cake and created a $100 cake

welcome to socialism 101, hyperinflation and starvation

Imagine if our federal liberal socialist government were to try and start up a lemonade stand business in Canada somewhere? Can you see it now? It would cost two hundred dollars to build the stand. Then the government would have to create dozens of new bilingual jobs and create many new rules and regulations for the stand to be able to operate. Then the government would have to figure out as to how much taxes should be levied on the lemonade. Of course, then they would have to check with the many environmental and animal rights groups out there too make sure that the environment is not being damaged in anyway, and the animals in the neighborhood are not affected by the stand being there, and being in the way of some wild life animals that may want to cross the street. What should have started as a 25 cent glass of lemonade, will now probably cost five dollars to buy. 

PS: I forgot about this. Maybe there should be a ministry of lemonade stands created? Hey why not, eh?  Just a thought. LOL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

This is not discussed at all in the public debate. But in Canada, we have way too many Ministries, which in turn creates a really fat government with a lot of Ministers, who cost a lot of money in turn, plus their teams and executives that drives the cost of government through the roof. I'll list the stupidest Ministries first, then I'll list those who are basically useless since another Ministry should already cover their field.

Discuss, and correct me.

I wouldn't say correcting you, but giving you some perspective.

Once upon a time before only the most incompetent and stupid people, and/or those with an agenda would be involved in politics there was a very bright MP from the Yukon named Erik Nielsen (https://www.yukon-news.com/news/tough-brutally-honest-nielsen-championed-the-yukon/).  He was an extremely bright guy, but not really good at Ottawa politics (exposed a LOT of Liberal corruption but hated and was hated by the media).  He was brutally honest.   He found that there were 1,100 departments and programmes within the Federal government.  Near the end of his career, he wanted to fix that obvious bloated problem.  To this very day, federal unions speak of being "Nielsenized" - i.e. eliminated.

What I encourage you to understand is NOT to fall for the bureaucrats BS of "can do more with more money, less with less money" but simply ask why the hell do we pay most of them in the first place? The answer is, as I think you can appreciate, because we are stupid/ignorant/weak enough to let them (government and the baggage that goes along with more government) in the first place.

Edited by cannuck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,289
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Novemberishere
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...