Former GG of Canada Adrienne Clarkson.

taxme

While visiting the Canadian Taxpayer's Federation website, I came across a story about how our former Governor General of Canada Adrienne Clarkson still has an expense account even though she retired from the GG's office way back in 2005. Apparently, Clarkson still has an expense account that she can still use and charge to the taxpayer's of Canada after all these years. Wow, what a deal, eh? 

In 2018 news broke out that Clarkson has been billing the taxpayer's of Canada for more than a $100,000 every year since she retired by being able to charge any of her expenses to the Taxpayer's of Canada. The total that she has received since 2005 up too now so far has been over $1.1 million tax dollars for free under a government policy that allows all former GG's. to continue to submit their expenses to the government even after they have left office. She is up to 14 years now ripping us off, and will no doubt be still allowed to ripoff we the people even more for the next few years or until she kicks the bucket. And I must assume also that she also is getting a nice rewarding pension with benefits for her service to the Canadian elite establishment. Well well, how is that for ripping off you the taxpayer, eh? I guess that when one becomes a part of the elite establishment, and stays loyal to that establishment, then there are plenty of goodies to be had for them. 

This is just another tax ripoff boondoggle being played on the Canadian taxpayer's that you may not be aware of by our wonderful political servants who truly do look after each other after they leave politics. Wouldn't it be great if you could retire, and be able to do the same thing, and be able to submit expenses to your past employer that you worked for, and retired from decades ago. Apparently, the CTF is now challenging this in court, and hopefully they will win, and be able to stop this ripoff being done to the taxpayer's of Canada. I wonder who the hell else is out there ripping of all off. 

I don't know about you, but this really does pizz me off big time. What about you? Does this pizz you off also, or could you care less? What say you, eh? Over. 

21 hours ago, taxme said:

While visiting the Canadian Taxpayer's Federation website, I came across a story about how our former Governor General of Canada Adrienne Clarkson still has an expense account even though she retired from the GG's office way back in 2005. Apparently, Clarkson still has an expense account that she can still use and charge to the taxpayer's of Canada after all these years. Wow, what a deal, eh? 

In 2018 news broke out that Clarkson has been billing the taxpayer's of Canada for more than a $100,000 every year since she retired by being able to charge any of her expenses to the Taxpayer's of Canada. The total that she has received since 2005 up too now so far has been over $1.1 million tax dollars for free under a government policy that allows all former GG's. to continue to submit their expenses to the government even after they have left office. She is up to 14 years now ripping us off, and will no doubt be still allowed to ripoff we the people even more for the next few years or until she kicks the bucket. And I must assume also that she also is getting a nice rewarding pension with benefits for her service to the Canadian elite establishment. Well well, how is that for ripping off you the taxpayer, eh? I guess that when one becomes a part of the elite establishment, and stays loyal to that establishment, then there are plenty of goodies to be had for them. 

This is just another tax ripoff boondoggle being played on the Canadian taxpayer's that you may not be aware of by our wonderful political servants who truly do look after each other after they leave politics. Wouldn't it be great if you could retire, and be able to do the same thing, and be able to submit expenses to your past employer that you worked for, and retired from decades ago. Apparently, the CTF is now challenging this in court, and hopefully they will win, and be able to stop this ripoff being done to the taxpayer's of Canada. I wonder who the hell else is out there ripping of all off. 

I don't know about you, but this really does pizz me off big time. What about you? Does this pizz you off also, or could you care less? What say you, eh? Over. 

Where did this newly created topic of mine go? 

On 11/17/2019 at 2:47 PM, Dougie93 said:

Victoria Patricia.  Colonel-in-Chief.  

Well, so far it looks like this topic is going to go nowhere. I guess that not too many people really care about this just another ripoff of Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars. Aw well, I tried, and it looks like I failed on this one. I am beginning to believe that there are just too many Canadians out there who really could careless about where and how their tax dollars are being blown. Your reply was not exactly what I was looking for from a member here.

Personally, that video did nothing for me. It was just a bunch of soldier wives singing about their soldier husbands. The video did nothing to make me feel in anyway patriotic. I turned it off about a 1/4 of the way. ;) 

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, so far it looks like this topic is going to go nowhere. I guess that not too many people really care about this just another ripoff of Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars. Aw well, I tried, and it looks like I failed on this one. I am beginning to believe that there are just too many Canadians out there who really could careless about where and how their tax dollars are being blown. Your reply was not exactly what I was looking for from a member here.

Personally, that video did nothing for me. It was just a bunch of soldier wives singing about their soldier husbands. The video did nothing to make me feel in anyway patriotic. I turned it off about a 1/4 of the way. ;) 

Everything the GoC does is a ripoff to Canadian taxpayers, so that's a wash to me.  What they spend on the GG and Lady Patricia is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

In terms of Lady Patricia, I think she does a good job, she's  also responsible for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Valour Square.

1024px-Tomb_of_the_Unknown_Soldier_-_Tom

That most Canadians could care less about the Ric-A-Dam Doo and Lady Patricia,  does not surprise me, but as my wife is a soldier's wife, I care about them and their soldier husbands.

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Everything the GoC does is a ripoff to Canadian taxpayers, so that's a wash to me.  What they spend on the GG and Lady Patricia is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

In terms of Lady Patricia, I think she does a good job, she's  also responsible for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Valour Square.

1024px-Tomb_of_the_Unknown_Soldier_-_Tom

That most Canadians could care less about the Ric-A-Dam Doo and Lady Patricia,  does not surprise me, but as my wife is a soldier's wife, I care about them and their soldier husbands.

Well, that old way of doing things of supporting the troops will soon disappear as the old soldiers fade away. The newcomers that are coming to Canada everyday could probably careless about the soldiers who died before they got here. Remembrance Day will become a thing of the past, and it will slowly disappear as the young generation gets older, and the newcomers will be more concerned about making money rather than remembering some soldiers who died in some war for Canada. I could be wrong on this, but I kind of doubt that I am on this one. But carry on with the remembering because it may not be around too much longer.

Don Cherry tried to show his disgust at how many Canadians did not wear the Red Poppy, and look where that got him? The majority of Canadians appear to not give all that much of a dam about Remembrance Day. What will it be like in another decade? Too bad Don Cherry did not work for the government. He could be possibly collecting a government pension check every month from the government like Adrienne is getting every month, but maybe just a hell of a lot less than what she is getting. Adrienne is having a good laugh at the taxpayer's of Canada every month. But ask those same Canadians if they give a dam. Nope, will probably be your response. You yourself already said that you could careless about where your tax dollars are being blown also.

Personally now,  I do hope that Clarkson lives to a very very ripe old age where she can keep giving the finger to the taxpayer's of this country. A well deserved finger, indeed. :D

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, that old way of doing things of supporting the troops will soon disappear as the old soldiers fade away.

I ask for no support, the Canadian public owes me nothing.  Canadians are all square with me, I was paid in full, it was my privilege to serve.

None the less, I still support the troops and I still salute Lady Patricia, even if I am the last man standing to do it.

Ducimus,

6 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

If Canada, or Australia and New Zealand for that matter, were ever tou turn into a republic it would only mean that the office of the GG would be changed that to the president. 

Not in Canada, the only thing binding the Confederation together is the British Crown.  It's in the DNA of the BNA

Canada would have to write a whole new constitution from scratch, none of the provinces would be able to come to an agreement, so Canada would cease to be in the process.

Canada is not like Australia nor New Zealand : Canada is the only Confederation of the British Empire.

So what would happen is that Canada would break down into its components, and then those would be like New Zealand's unto themselves,  with Ontario as an Australia.

Canadians are not republicans by nature, they are confederates, so Quebec would be the only republic, the rest would be Commonwealths.

Edited by Dougie93