Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

Like for all the young people reading this, I can tell you that the whole TMZ Paparazzi thing as it is now, this did not exist before Diana.

This was all invented  for her, in order to pursue her to the the ends of the earth, round about 1981

Before Diana., Paparazzi were professional photographers, it was all arranged, and only a handful showed up.

With Diana, the Stalkerazzi became a thing,  as you see it today.

She is the birth of the celebrity culture you see today, it expanded out from her, she was the celebrity culture Big Bang.

There is no single celebrity today who is even close to being as big as Diana was in the 1980's

She wasn't just bigger than the Beatles, she was way bigger than the Beatles, we had never seen anything like, before nor since.

She was like a messianic figure. Hundreds of thousands showed up to get a glimpse of her, everywhere she went, all over the world.

33d6273a0f513026b3e184dd04c5718d

Edited by Dougie93

12 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Like for all the young people reading this, I can tell you that the whole TMZ Paparazzi thing as it is now, this did not exist before Diana.

This was all invented  for her, in order to pursue her to the the ends of the earth, round about 1981

Before Diana., Paparazzi were professional photographers, it was all arranged, and only a handful showed up.

With Diana, the Stalkerazzi became a thing,  as you see it today.

She is the birth of the celebrity culture you see today, it expanded out from her, she was the celebrity culture Big Bang.

There is no single celebrity today who is even close to being as big as Diana was in the 1980's

She wasn't just bigger than the Beatles, she was way bigger than the Beatles, we had never seen anything like, before nor since.

She was like a messianic figure. Hundreds of thousands showed up to get a glimpse of her, everywhere she went, all over the world.

33d6273a0f513026b3e184dd04c5718d

I remember where I was when I heard she had died.

I was at a freind's birthday party/rave out in the country. A rumour started going around the crowd that she'd been involved in an accident. I was in my first mobile kitchen serving food and drink to the ''cheesy Quavers'' and I turned my radio on to find out if it was true.

At the time most of the people there didn't really care. Diana was pretty unpopular with a large section of the British public and was attacked regularly in the tabloid press. The ''People's Princess'' narrative came after and the Queen took a big hit over her refusal to speak publically about her death or fly the flag at half mast at the palace (despite the fact it would have been against traditional protocol to do so for someone of Diana's position).

9 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

I remember where I was when I heard she had died.

I vaguely remember it, I was coming off leave and  I got back to my room and turned the tv on,  it was like in the middle of the night here IIRC.

I had bigger things to worry about as I remember, I was going on an army course and my shit wasn't ready, so I had work to do, polishing boots, ironing uniforms, etc.

I remember the wedding much more vividly.   My recently divorced father and his new girlfriend having a champagne and orange juice breakfast.

I think that was the first time I had champagne and orange juice.

I remember being surprised that my father was interested in it, but I think it was just a new girlfriend thing.

I remember being none too impressed, Charles looked like a dork, Diana wasn't exactly hot, and her dress was ridiculous, like forty feet long.

I didn't really get why this young chick would want to marry creepy old Prince Charles.

I didn't see what the big whoop was, nor did I have any idea how this was about to become a non stop story running all day everyday.

I was interested in the Queen, because she was Queen,  and Margaret Thatcher, because my Da ranted about her,  the rest of them I didn't care about at all.

There were all these adults at my Da's breakfast party, oohing and aahing, I just wanted them to get the f@ck out, so I could have my tv back.

Everybody kept saying it's a "fairy tale wedding!" while I was thinking that girl is going to make babies with creepy old Prince Charles: gross.

Edited by Dougie93

While on this side of the border I hold to my oath to resist HM enemies and defend HM peace.

Should the British Crown in North America fall and be replaced by some sad and failing leftist people's republic, I am released from my oath therein.

At which point the Big Red White & Blue Machine just carries on without you : enjoy the rule of your Chinese Communist overlords from Beijing I guess.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, PPC2019 said:

Canada doesn't live in a democracy. We live in a delegated democracy under a dictatorship. We live under a parliamentary-monarchy.

Why do the British taxpayers spend millions of dollars to help a royal family live in billion dollar palaces?

Isn't that worse than corporate welfare?

Has Canada ever lived or been a democracy? It seems like Canada has been living in a dictatorship for centuries now.  But ask the people if they really give a chit? By the looks of it, they do not. When fools go and put a liar and scandalous dictator back in power again, this should tell us all that we do not live with people who are all there. Those people need some seriuos mental help. Why do most Canadians appear to want to keep this crooked and lying system alive and well? The only reason as to why this may be so is because they are pretty much all crooks themselves, and want to keep this crooked system alive and well.

The Royals do nothing for their people. They just get to live the lifestyles of the rich and famous, while the stupid British sheeple get to live the lives of slaves so that the Royals can live the good life. No one should be allowed to live  off the taxpayer's tax dollars of any country, but yet that is what is happening all over the world. Corporate welfare being just another one where the elite in that corporation make plenty of money for really doing nothing while their employees do all the work, and barely make enough money to survive. The system is rigged against they the sheeple, and the sheeple appear to be quite happy with it. They must be? They put the fool who says that he cares for them, lol, back in power again. :(

Canada has never been under a dictatorship.  We are a constitutional monarchy.  

http://www.monarchist.org.uk/constitutional-monarchy.html

A dictatorship is an office that has been gotten through force, and a monarchy or crown is reign that is passed from one generation to another. A dictatorship is termed as a government ruled by one person or commander who is known as the dictator. 

Also, we do not pay taxes to the monarchy with the exception of state visits.  

The sovereign similarly only draws from Canadian funds for support in the performance of her duties when in Canada or acting as Queen of Canada abroad; Canadians do not pay any money to the Queen or any other member of the Royal Family, either towards personal income or to support royal residences outside of Canada.

Jeffrey Simpson coined Canada the Friendly Dictatorship,

In that the Liberal Party is so dominant that it is a de facto one party state and the Prime Minister has dictatorial powers with no real opposition. 

I'd say that's accurate, even if you elect the Conservatives, they will either adopt the Liberal policies or simply do nothing until the Liberals return.

All the MP's in Canada are cronies, all policy comes fully formed out of the PMO, dictatorial by the PM and his inner circle.

Edited by Dougie93

That book was in more particular reference to Chrétien, who did rule very centrally.  He was a more successful PM than Martin, who kept whining about the power of the PM after he became the PM.  He divided the Liberals.  Harper had better control over the Conservatives than JT has over his caucus.  Greater control has generally served governments better, as long as the members see a vision worth following.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

That book was in more particular reference to Chrétien, who did rule very centrally.  He was a more successful PM than Martin, who kept whining about the power of the PM after he became the PM.  He divided the Liberals.  Harper had better control over the Conservatives than JT has over his caucus.  Greater control has generally served governments better, as long as the members see a vision worth following.  

The PM has to rule with an Iron fist, Canada is a failed state, it will never deliver on the promises

So there must be a dictatorship of sorts,  to tamp down the inevitable dissension in the ranks

The history of English, or British, monarchy is quite different from other monarchies in the sense that it has been more or less the same for at least 200 years meaning that the monarch obeys Parliament, not the other way round. 

The German Kaiser or the Russian Czar were tyrants as recently as  in the early part of the 20th century shortly before their regimes were overthrown. 

On 11/17/2019 at 4:59 PM, Argus said:

Oh, were some of them 17 instead of 18 like at the Playboy mansion? Big deal. Anyway, the age of consent in most countries is 16. In Canada it was 14 at the time.

Since 2003, it could be a very big deal to do what Giuffre has alleged to a 17 year old in the UK. The relevant sections are 47-50:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/contents