Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

1 minute ago, Iceni warrior said:

He wanted a girl. Don't think ginger hair had a lot to do with it.

That was the moment Diana knew it was over.

It was over from the start, would not surprise me at all if Harry is the son of James Hewitt,   Charles obviously thought so.

He walked right out of the hospital in a rage and drove off to play Polo with Camilla.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

It was over from the start, would not surprise me at all if Harry is the son of James Hewitt,   Charles obviously thought so.

He walked right out of the hospital in a rage and drove off to play Polo with Camilla.

Nah, he looks too much like his grandfather. The timing is all wrong anyway.

maxresdefault.jpgmain-qimg-ccbd343eeca5080b40f9601a258d36

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

None the less, Charles did not embrace him, I remember the scandal in real time, Charles driving off and leaving the mother and baby behind.

That's why I say that's the moment Diana knew it was all over. The point she realised that Charles didn't give a shit about her.

22 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Ginger is actually the Spencer's.  Not royalty, an aristocratic family.  The Royals are Germans.

It hardly matters. I differentiate between the political idea of a monarch, and mere royal adulation. The idea is a metaphor, a tool to be used. The person behind it is, of course, the same vulnerable idiot as anyone else... as we see today. I swear no allegience to anyone's DNA.

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Wills actually has the power to make the Spencer's into the Royal Family.   He could cut the German line and make the Firm English if he wanted.

Yeah, none so English as Winston.

As a member of the Spencer family, Princess Diana was related to a lot of prominent people in history. But, was Princess Diana related to Winston Churchill? According to Princess Diana’s family tree, the late princess and former Prime Minister were distant cousins and shared some of the same relatives. The two were allegedly related to a man named Charles Spencer (1675-1722), who was the third Earl of Sunderland and his wife, Lady Anne Spencer, whose maiden name was Churchill. The couple was Winston Churchill’s great-great-great-great-great-grandparents and Princess Diana’s great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Fair enough, but you make yourself into an American by default therein, there is no Canada without the British Crown, so you make a Declaration of Independence by rejecting them

I would not advocate for republic, but the problem with a kingdom is inheritance. Family rule is pure bullshit, we cannot accept that. What we have now a parliamentary monarchy or variant thereof, is a pretty good compromise, in that there is a process to select the GG, and their powers are limited. But it could certainly be improved, made a more democratic process and given more authority, to keep the government in check.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I would not advocate for republic, but the problem with a kingdom is inheritance. Family rule is pure bullshit, we cannot accept that. What we have now a parliamentary monarchy or variant thereof, is a pretty good compromise, in that there is a process to select the GG, and their powers are limited. But it could certainly be improved, made a more democratic process and given more authority, to keep the government in check.

Canada is dead anyways.   The Post National State is nothing to kill and die for.   Join us, brother, land of free, home of the brave.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Kid Rock's ex wife . . . the lovely Pamela Anderson, has moved back to her hometown of Ladysmith.  Have seen her around town a few times. Canada's first born on July 1st, 1967.

I never found her that attractive, I'm not into blonds, I prefer smouldering brunettes.

gettyimages-51952384-1573496457.jpg?crop

Edited by Dougie93

The role of the GG in countries such as Canada, Australia, NZ etc is similar to that of presidents in republics such as Germany, Hungary, Italy and numerous others were the position of presidency is largely a ceremonial role. 

In the Australian republic-referendum 20 years ago republic did not lose because people would love the monarchy so much but because people did not like the kind of republic they were offered whereby the GG would only become president.