Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

Guest PPC2019

Canada doesn't live in a democracy. We live in a delegated democracy under a dictatorship. We live under a parliamentary-monarchy.

Why do the British taxpayers spend millions of dollars to help a royal family live in billion dollar palaces?

Isn't that worse than corporate welfare?

Guest PPC2019
6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The living embodiment of the story of my people, Glorious Revolution of 1688.  God, Queen, Country.   Regiment, Corps, Commander-in-Chief

Legio Patria Nostra.  Nec Aspera Terrent.

F@ck Canada.

If were spending millions to help maintain the Monarchy, why doesn't the Queen do a few interviews on CBC? Why do we only see handshakes when she meets with foreign dignitaries?

How can we remain loyal to a person we never see?

Edited by PPC2019

4 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

If were spending millions to help maintain the Monarchy, why doesn't the Queen do a few interviews on CBC? Why do we only see handshakes when she meets with foreign dignitaries?

How can we remain loyal to a person we never see?

Canada spends nothing.   Canada only pays for the RCMP to protect her while she is in Canada, the United Kingdom pays for everything else.

Edited by Dougie93

Guest PPC2019
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada spends nothing.   Canada only pays for the RCMP to protect her while she is in Canada, the United Kingdom pays for everything else.

Do you ever hear Queen Elizabeth help us out... Like doing a speech against transgenderism, or reminding young people about our history.

How is she maintaining our traditions?

I sometimes feel like she's sitting an empty chair.

Guest PPC2019
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is stuck with the monarchy  anyways, Canada cannot be a republic. 

You would have to write a new constitution from scratch, and Canada would cease by default the moment you did.

Confederation is a shotgun marriage, remove the monarchy, it all simply flies apart.

So what are you saying... Great Britain will bomb Canada if we declare out independence?

Just now, PPC2019 said:

Do you ever hear Queen Elizabeth help us out... Like doing a speech against transgenderism, or reminding young people about our history.

How is she maintaining our traditions?

I sometimes feel like she's sitting an empty chair.

You're free to feel as you like,  I would kill and die for Her, but you are not bound to take that oath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

So what are you saying... Great Britain will bomb Canada if we declare out independence?

No, Quebec will leave,  followed by Alberta, followed by Ontario, then the convention would break down and Canada would become multiple new states.

Edited by Dougie93

Most Canadian

1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

She doesn't want to rock the boat... She's enjoying her cushy life without taking a stand. The old monarchs took a stand, and engaged themselves politically.

Her life is not that cushy, all she does is work, all they do is truck Her around doing one event after the next. 

In terms of being non interventionist, that is because she is trying to remain above the fray, she doesn't want to get down into the muck of  politics, dragging the Crown down with.

Guest PPC2019
Just now, Dougie93 said:

Most Canadian

Her life is not that cushy, all she does is work, all they do is truck Her around doing one event after the next. 

In terms of being non interventionist, that is because she is trying to remain above the fray, she doesn't want to get down into the muck of  politics, dragging the Crown down with.

But when you're the official head of state. That is your duty.

Just now, PPC2019 said:

But when you're the official head of state. That is your duty.

And it's not cushy,  nor is it what she prefers to do on Her off time.   On Her off time she drives herself around in a land rover wearing rubber boots.

She's a Second World War veteran, bombed in the Blitz, her job in the Army was truck driver.

8d96ccfc5a66388a26c02e6eedd525dd.jpg

Guest PPC2019
1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Because they're conservative.  Conservative means upholding the status quo or even trying to restore the past (reactionary).  Upholding the monarchy is about upholding tradition.  Even Thomas Hobbes supported the monarchy before democracy was cool.

I'm conservative as well. I'm a moderate in upholding moral traditionalism. I'm also a an extreme-fiscal conservative. I'm also a moderate in honoring Christianity.

Guest PPC2019

I've seen a few imposers pretend to be in the societies, but I can usually tell when they are full of it. I've never come around anyone like you before... Not even close.

Edited by PPC2019