Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?

Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Whatever, I have nothing to prove, if you don't think the Queen of Canada is the British Crown, House of Windsor, I can't help you, nor do I want to, you're basically my enemy then.

It's not my opinion, it's the law, as far as I know.

"The House of Windsor is the reigning royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

Reigning royal house of other Commonwealth realms, namely Canada, for one.  Part of our history, same lineage, same gene pool.  I don't disrespect our historical British links, it's part of who we are.

We're on the same team, you wear a different jersey.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It's not my opinion, it's the law, as far as I know.

"The House of Windsor is the reigning royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

Reigning royal house of other Commonwealth realms, namely Canada, for one.  Part of our history, same lineage, same gene pool.  I don't disrespect our historical British links, it's part of who we are.

We're on the same team, you wear a different jersey.

The Canada Act 1982 is crystal clear, the Queen of Canada is Elizabeth II of the House of Windsor.   The Crown therein is the British Crown.  Period, end of story.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Americans are the only ones defending Canada and the British Crown therein.   Canadians wont do it, so we do it for them.

Mostly correct.  The West has given international security over to the US many decades ago.  That's why I support US hegemony over the Chinese, and why I don't hate the US or its military, but respect it (imperfect as it is sometimes) and have the utmost appreciation for them.  If/when China surpasses the US in power, the anti-American leftists in Canada and elsewhere will wish they had been kinder.  You don't know what you got til its gone.

Giving US most of the military control is much more efficient anyways.  Not to say we shouldn't fund our military more.  But It's a mutually beneficial relationship. They pay in blood and treasure, they gain all the control and power.  If they want to renegotiate the deal they're more than welcome, they have all the power. 

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

Mostly correct.  The West has given international security over to the US many decades ago.  That's why I support US hegemony over the Chinese, and why I don't hate the US or its military, but respect it (imperfect as it is sometimes) and have the utmost appreciation for them.  If/when China surpasses the US in power, the anti-American leftists in Canada and elsewhere will wish they had been kinder.  You don't know what you got til its gone.

Giving US most of the military control is much more efficient anyways.  Not to say we shouldn't fund our military more.  But It's a mutually beneficial relationship. They pay in blood and treasure, they gain all the control and power.  If they want to renegotiate the deal they're more than welcome, they have all the power. 

I don't care to discuss with those who do not serve, not only do you not know what you are talking about, which makes it a waste of time, but it's really none of your business.

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Canada Act 1982 is crystal clear, the Queen of Canada is Elizabeth II of the House of Windsor.   The Crown therein is the British Crown.  Period, end of story.

There's no rules of succession in our written constitution.  The House of Windsor is British blood, but so is Stephen Harper.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/the-queen-of-canada-is-dead-long-live-the-british-queen/

"The British and Canadian Crowns are legally distinct and independent entities....

The final step toward a distinct Canadian Crown was achieved in 1982, when the Canadian constitution was patriated and Canada became a fully sovereign and independent state. While the 1982 patriation ended Canada’s legal ties to Great Britain, the expanded Canadian constitution retained the Crown as the concept of the Canadian state and as ultimate source of sovereign authority in Canada. This fully independent Canadian state could not have the British Crown as the source of its sovereign authority. Nor could it be a shared Crown. The only way Canada could be completely sovereign and independent was to decouple the Canadian Crown from its British counterpart."

Guest PPC2019
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Really doesn't matter to me in the end anyways, I have no loyalty to the Government of Canada, I consider it to be a criminal government.

Vis a vis Canada, I only have personal fealty to Elizabeth Windsor, Canadian Confederation can die in a fire burn in hell after, so far as I am concerned.

What government isn't criminal? What we have is far better than 90% of the places on earth.

United Kingdom - United States Security Agreement.   

The British Crown of Queen Elizabeth II under the protection of the constitution of the Republic of the United State of America

Canada is neither here nor there, it's literally none of Canadians business, and clearly Canadians agree by voting with their feet and having nothing to do with it.

Guest PPC2019

My biggest problem with the Canadian government is that it's naive and inefficient. The Queen honestly to me, Is just a wealthy aristocrat who doesn't contribute to our political landscape. She's the biggest welfare case in the world.

17 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

My biggest problem with the Canadian government is that it's naive and inefficient. The Queen honestly to me, Is just a wealthy aristocrat who doesn't contribute to our political landscape. She's the biggest welfare case in the world.

Canada's case of chronic 'athletes foot' . . . . the queen  (small case q)

Don Cherry :D

Edited by Nefarious Banana

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't care to discuss with those who do not serve, not only do you not know what you are talking about, which makes it a waste of time, but it's really none of your business.

1. Of course it's my business.  You're pretty arrogant to think it's only your business and those of some club you belonged to.

2. I'm not talking battlefield tactics. I know nothing about that. I'm talking international relations at the macro level.

3. I don't care.

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. Of course it's my business.  You're pretty arrogant to think it's only your business and those of some club you belonged to.

2. I'm not talking battlefield tactics. I know nothing about that. I'm talking international relations at the macro level.

3. I don't care.

/shrugs

I do think that if free speech isn’t more highly regarded and if Canadian traditions and icons like Cherry are dismissed to appease recent immigrants and media that can’t wait to pounce on any political incorrectness, it will be harder to justify holding Canada together as a country, especially if business interests see too many costs/regulations and the population feels overtaxed in the effort to pay off/appease special interests.  Economic challenges will only exacerbate the frustration, as we’re seeing in Alberta.   It might be easier to walk away and start over.  Quebec is so full of contradictions, supporting Bill 21 even as the Premier throws Cherry under the bus.  At a certain point the federal effort to reconcile provincial exceptionalism with some greater national purpose might be too hard to pull off if that purpose can no longer be articulated or garner enough public support.  If Alberta and Quebec no longer see the economic and cultural value of Confederation, I certainly don’t want to see Ontario left holding the bag.  Maybe Ontario would be better served charting her own course without paying out the rest of Canada.  I don’t like a Canada that disposes of a man like Don Cherry because of a politically incorrect statement, nor will I be watching the watered down pablum that Sportsnet serves in its new Hockey Night in Canada without Cherry.  

Edited by Zeitgeist