The Mob of Ignorance.

Argus

On 11/14/2019 at 2:09 AM, Argus said:

There is certainly no equivalent of Sharia in Christendom.

There is the law given to moses and to Jesus. Some people try hard to pretend neither of them said anything about how to live.

On 11/15/2019 at 12:57 AM, Shady said:

Christianity went through a reformation period.  

Christianity became corrupted from the start. That's not reformation.

On 11/15/2019 at 12:52 AM, Argus said:

It's obvious you don't like Catholics. But you base that dislike on historical incidents, not on today

It would be strange if someone as bigoted as you didn't have any issue with catholics of today.

On 11/15/2019 at 12:52 AM, Argus said:

you love Islam,

He said, 'i hate almost everything religion stands for'

On 11/15/2019 at 12:25 AM, marcus said:

For someone to experience all of the above seems unbelievable.

:lol:

On 11/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, Teena said:

Sharia Law scares me.

It is the idea to fear God. But it is strange you find it frightening to imagine living somewhere where it is forbidden to kill, steal, slander, run a corrupt business, harm animals or nature, gossip, walk outside half naked, drink alcohol or disrespect the elderly. I realise you would have to try to follow similar guidelines and for someone from a Western society it isn't easy, but the good thing is, none of those things can be done to you.

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Not just complete nonsense but idiocy, really - the Ten Commandments = Sharia Law...   but if they do, what's one of them, oh yeah     Thou shall not kill.   Doesn't exactly fit with Sharia or Islam.

Is there anything as 'backward' as Sharia Law ?   Will stoning necessarily cause death ?  

2 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Is there anything as 'backward' as Sharia Law ?   Will stoning necessarily cause death ?  

The idea of stoning was that the person(s) would be bludgeoned by stones until death.  

The use of stoning as a method of execution finds its roots in ancient Greece and in Judeo-Christian religious texts, and has been used to punish those accused of adultery, prostitution, murder, and blasphemy.  It is referenced in the Torah and Old Testament, but has no explicit mention in the Quran.

It still exists in Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates.  

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.

How do you reconcile the multitude of differences in the writings of the apostles?

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

the Ten Commandments = Sharia Law...   but if they do, what's one of them, oh yeah     Thou shall not kill.   Doesn't exactly fit with Sharia or Islam.

That doesn't include excecution by the leaders, obviously. The ten commandments were given to Moses. Moses ordered stonings to death in the old testament. The word used in the commandment which is sometimes translated as kill, is better translated as murder, and that's how it is used dozens of times in the old testament.

37 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Will stoning necessarily cause death ?  

No. The punishment, if it is stoning, can be stoning to death.

7 hours ago, Marocc said:

It is the idea to fear God. But it is strange you find it frightening to imagine living somewhere where it is forbidden to kill, steal, slander, run a corrupt business, harm animals or nature, gossip, walk outside half naked, drink alcohol or disrespect the elderly. I realise you would have to try to follow similar guidelines and for someone from a Western society it isn't easy, but the good thing is, none of those things can be done to you.

Islam/sharia law forms the ideological positions of countries where the death penalty is still administered for blasphemy/questioning the actions of mohammed/apostasy, where homosexuals are killed for being considered offensive to allah, where the justification to kill religious minorities is unquestioned, etc. 

In western society you can choose your religion or sexual orientation without regard for your own safety, or the safety of your women and children. 

It is common for muslims to consider the existence of Israel to be an abomination, while their acceptance of Pakistan is unquestioned. Meanwhile, the formation of Pakistan has resulted in the deaths of 13 million actual humans and the mass systemic rape of hundreds of thousands of women. Where is the justification for this? And make no mistake, the evil within a person is judged solely by what they can/cannot justify. Does the justification in this instance come from a book that's 1,400 years old? If not, where then? Why is the existence of a religiously-bigoted hellhole like Pakistan worth 13 million lives and Israel can't even exist, despite the fact that they haven't even killed 100,000 people, and that's including the deaths resulting from wars in which the Israelis were attacked?

Are you even allowed to consider these things Marocc, or is it a sin for you to exercise free, conscious thought? Are these things true? How does that make you feel? 

9 hours ago, Marocc said:

There is the law given to moses and to Jesus. Some people try hard to pretend neither of them said anything about how to live.

You cannot compare the 10 commandments to Sharia, which governs everything from personal behaviour to criminal and family law.

Christianity became corrupted from the start. That's not reformation.

You mean because it no longer calls for barbaric brutality against anyone who disbelieves or commit blasphemy or hersey I guess that's the sort of 'purity' you believe in.

It would be strange if someone as bigoted as you didn't have any issue with catholics of today.

Hmmm, given that your holy texts spend most of their time ranting about unbelievers and how awful they are all the horrible things Muslims should do to them, shouldn't all devout Muslims be considered bigots?

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Islam/sharia law forms the ideological positions of countries where

No, it doesn't. History from way before Islam shows that. And if you're going to argue it does, you're gonna have to present something other than just your word for it.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

where homosexuals are killed for being considered offensive to allah,

Where this from? Religionofpeace?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You cannot compare the 10 commandments to Sharia, which governs everything from personal behaviour to criminal and family law.

I didn't. All three Abrahamic religions have the same ten commandments. All three have other laws as well. But no average 'self-respecting' Christian can admit there is more to being a Christian than feigning to obey the ten commandments.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You mean because it no longer calls for barbaric brutality against anyone who disbelieves or commit blasphemy or hersey

No, but because the books have not been preserved. Because there are no details as to who wrote which book of the Bible. Because there are fabrications, contradictions and blasphemy in the Bible itself.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

the evil within a person is judged solely by what they can/cannot justify.

To you?

Your review of Israel makes as much sense to me, as it would make to you for me to say, "the Nazis only killed the Jews as a last resort, in self defense."

Are you even allowed to consider these things Marocc,

Sure, but I value my time and try not to spend it in considering nonsense.

Are these things true?

No. Do you really think they are or are you just pretending?

How does that make you feel? 

Makes me feel like you think I'm stupid enough to believe such weak lies. Which then again makes me feel you haven't thought this through.

In western society you can choose your religion or sexual orientation without regard for your own safety, or the safety of your women and children. 

If it's religious freedom and the safety of women and children you're worried about,

The report shows predominantly Muslim women and girls are being targeted with verbal abuse, profanities, physical intimidation and death threats in public places, most often while shopping, and most often by Anglo-Celtic male perpetrators.

https://news.csu.edu.au/latest-news/islamophobia-continues-in-australia-2019-report

You should give that freedom to other people and guarantee, as far as you can, the safety of other people's women and children.

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Clearly you are wrong.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marocc said:

I didn't. All three Abrahamic religions have the same ten commandments. All three have other laws as well.

I can't say much about judaism, other than that the single Jewish state has a free judicial system and no executions, but there is no Christian 'law'.

15 hours ago, Marocc said:

No, but because the books have not been preserved. Because there are no details as to who wrote which book of the Bible. Because there are fabrications, contradictions and blasphemy in the Bible itself.

And you think God dictated the Koran? Seriously?

19 hours ago, Marocc said:

No, it doesn't. History from way before Islam shows that. And if you're going to argue it does, you're gonna have to present something other than just your word for it.

Where this from? Religionofpeace?

Who controlled Islamic State if not muslims?

18 hours ago, Marocc said:

To you?

No, it's just an obvious truth.

Some people couldn't justify harming other people, they're what we consider "good" people by definition.

Some people think that killing mass amounts of children at an Ariana Grande concert to advance their political goals is justified. Those people are evil by definition. 

Your review of Israel makes as much sense to me, as it would make to you for me to say, "the Nazis only killed the Jews as a last resort, in self defense."

Sure, but I value my time and try not to spend it in considering nonsense.

No. Do you really think they are or are you just pretending?

Makes me feel like you think I'm stupid enough to believe such weak lies. Which then again makes me feel you haven't thought this through.

So you live in complete denial of every actual historical fact of the last 75 years because of your religion and then you act like it's a cozy, friendly thing which prevents people from doing bad things to each other. Weak lies control people like you.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Who controlled Islamic State if not muslims?

How does that relate to what you or I previously said?

3 hours ago, Argus said:

And you think God dictated the Koran? Seriously?

Of course. That's why I'm a Muslim.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

the single Jewish state

What Jewish state?

3 hours ago, Argus said:

but there is no Christian 'law'.

You'd like to think so. Lest Christians stop having casual sex and using a fifth of their income on alcohol & things paid for because of alcohol. Let's not forget the cigarette industry — and the obligation to dress modestly is just a drag, isn't it?

18 hours ago, Marocc said:

If it's religious freedom and the safety of women and children you're worried about,

The report shows predominantly Muslim women and girls are being targeted with verbal abuse, profanities, physical intimidation and death threats in public places, most often while shopping, and most often by Anglo-Celtic male perpetrators.

https://news.csu.edu.au/latest-news/islamophobia-continues-in-australia-2019-report

You should give that freedom to other people and guarantee, as far as you can, the safety of other people's women and children.

Clearly you are wrong.

The act of merely threatening people, like you are describing in Australia, is illegal, and the government enforces those laws when they can prove them.

The act of threatening women in Afghanistan is not illegal. If a woman is dumb enough to go out without a niqab and she gets raped the police won't raise a finger to even investigate. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

The act of merely threatening people, like you are describing in Australia, is illegal, and the government enforces those laws when they can prove them.

The act of threatening women in Afghanistan is not illegal. If a woman is dumb enough to go out without a niqab and she gets raped the police won't raise a finger to even investigate.

I don't know how we jumped here, but you live in the west and your police will surely investigate it if someone you know is raped — so what's the problem?

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

How does that relate to what you or I previously said?

You said that the horrific treatment of homsexuals had nothing to do with islam and everything to do with pre-islamic beliefs. You said that I needed to prove otherwise.

Well, FYI, the people who started islamic state did so in order to have a state which was controlled and regulated purely by islamic laws and traditions.  Not by the laws of Syria or Iraq, not by tribal laws, not by international laws, nothing else was to be considered but pure islamic doctrine. 

And they killed gays while preaching islamic text. 

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

I don't know how we jumped here, but you live in the west and your police will surely investigate it if someone you know is raped — so what's the problem?

You need to learn to connect the dots dude. I am explaining very basic things to you which a child could understand.

1) You're acting like the actions of a few mouthy punks in Australia is proof that muslim women can't live in the western world and feel free from danger, but I proved to you that's not the case at all because....

2) There are tens of millions of muslim women living in the western world and they get the full protection of the government, and they don't get threatened with impunity, and they NEVER EVER get raped with impunity.

3) HOWEVER, women in many islamic countries who don't wear the prescribed headwear are targeted for actual physical abuse and actual rape and they do not get any protection at all from the government. 

22 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Islam/sharia law forms the ideological positions of countries where

This is what disagreed with

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You said that the horrific treatment of homsexuals had nothing to do with islam and everything to do with pre-islamic beliefs. You said that I needed to prove otherwise.

But you didn't prove anything, did you?

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

the people who started islamic state

Which Islamic state are you talking about and who did create it?

Just now, Marocc said:

This is what disagreed with

But you didn't prove anything, did you?

Which Islamic state are you talking about and who did create it?

AL Baghdadi's islamic state. Duh? 

You're trying to make us all believe that islam is good & pure and then you show this insane ability to let your beliefs override basic facts that you know to be true. That, or you're just telling blatant lies over and over again like a Nazi propagandist, waiting for people to start believing they're true.

• Thanks 1