So America is Almost 23 Trillion in Debt.

Guest PPC2019

1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

Donald Trump might be a social conservative, but he doesn't have a clue how to run a budget.

He's not. He's a New York Liberal who hijacked the Republican Party and made them less socially conservative. America can spend a lot more, but it should it spend it more wisely.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

He's not. He's a New York Liberal who hijacked the Republican Party and made them less socially conservative.

This is what angers with me, with so many fellow PPC supporters. They should feel embarrassed when they attach the conservative name to Donald Trump.

8 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

This is what angers with me, with so many fellow PPC supporters. They should feel embarrassed when they attach the conservative name to Donald Trump.

Social conservatives are dragging the conservatives down and preventing them from winning elections by demanding ideological purity to a social conservative agenda. It was a smart move, it helped drive the left further to left and made them unelectable. Just win baby, all that matters is the SCOTUS, social conservatives have nothing to complain about, Trump gave them the win for decades, despite not being one himself, something no real social conservative would have accomplished because they wouldn't have gotten elected in the first place.

If it wasn't for Trump, the Democrats would have a 6-3 SCOTUS majority, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Social conservatives are dragging the conservatives down and preventing them from winning elections by demanding ideological purity to a social conservative agenda. It was a smart move, it helped drive the left further to left and made them unelectable. Just win baby.

If I was president, the first thing I would do is cut all military spending by 40%. We would stop building aircraft carriers and fighter jets. And use half that money to reduce the deficit, and half that money to replace crumbling infrastructure. If any other country invades the USA will teach the 100 million Gun owners how to go to war. 

I think over a 4 year period I would cut defense spending by 75%

I would increase the retirement age to 75, since the boomers screwed up the economy, I would punish them for trying to mortgage our grand kids future.

Edited by PPC2019

5 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

If I was president, the first thing I would do is cut all military spending by 40%. We would stop building aircraft carriers and fighter jets. And use half that money to reduce the defict, and half that money to replace crumbling infrastructure. If any other country invades the USA will teach the 100 million Gun owners how to go to war. 

The hired gun did better than any social conservative ideologue could dream of. Cutting defense spending is silly, it's the one kind of government spending that actually boosts the economy. Federal infrastructure spending is a boondoggle.

Edited by Yzermandius19

If I was president, the first thing I would do is cut all military spending by 40%. We would stop building aircraft carriers and fighter jets. And use half that money to reduce the defict, and half that money to replace crumbling infrastructure. If any other country invades the USA will teach the 100 million Gun owners how to go to war. 

Doesn't work that way....Congress authorizes defence spending.   

Guest PPC2019
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't work that way....Congress authorizes defence spending.   

Well I would go on prime time every week... I tell Americans exactly what has to happen to protect future generations. I would sign executive orders forcing CNN and all major new outlets to run Slideshow presentations educating Americans about the dangerous of the $23 debt.

3 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Well I would go on prime time every week... I tell Americans exactly what has to happen to protect future generations. I would sign executive orders forcing CNN and all major new outlets to run Slideshow presentations educating Americans about the dangerous of the $23 debt.

Ask Japan about wasting taxpayer money on infrastructure like it's a panacea. That's like the main way they got in over 200% debt to GDP ratio after their debt bubble popped, they tried spending like drunken sailors on infrastructure to get out of it, and now they are mired in debt and low growth. If you're so worried about the debt, you shouldn't be pushing infrastructure spending and trashing military spending, that's completely backwards.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Ask Japan about wasting taxpayer money on infrastructure like it's a panacea. That's like the main way they got in over 200% debt to GDP ratio. If you're so worried about the debt, you shouldn't be pushing infrastructure spending and trashing military spending, that's completely backwards.

Maybe your right, but what happens to the bridges that are rotting? Will we wait another 2 decades until they collapse and people get killed?

Maybe your right, but what happens to the bridges that are rotting? Will we wait another 2 decades until they collapse and people get killed?

The states can spend that money on infrastructure. No need for the federal government to step in and rack up the debt to no real benefit. On the other hand the federal government does need to step in when it comes to military spending. Infrastructure is a states issue, Military is a federal issue, spend accordingly.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Doesn't matter....American voters and special interest groups would still want defence spending.   CNN has less credibility now than Fox News.

The U.S. could easily raise taxes to stop deficits if it wanted to...but it doesn't want to.

Guest PPC2019
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter....American voters and special interest groups would still want defence spending.   CNN has less credibility now than Fox News.

The U.S. could easily raise taxes to stop deficits if it wanted to...but it doesn't want to.

Then we need to raise taxes by 10% everywhere, but only on the condition that it goes towards lowering the deficit.

4 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Then we need to raise taxes by 10% everywhere, but only on the condition that it goes towards lowering the deficit.

How very fiscally conservative of you.
:rolleyes:

Raising taxes can actually reduce revenue and raise the deficit, some taxes are already too high and cutting them would actually raise revenue. Cutting spending is the way to go, but not from the military.

Edited by Yzermandius19

There is no political will to do so.    The U.D. dollar is the world's strongest reserve currency, and the debt will just be monetized as before.

There is no going back....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

So how soon until America goes Bankrupt? How many years?

The spending isn't the issue, it's what they are spending it on that is the real problem, economic growth is a better way to reduce the deficit than high taxes. America won't go broke for a long time, it can afford to double the debt without any real chance of going bankrupt. If Japan can be at 236% debt to GDP ratio and not be bankrupt, America can afford to go even higher and not be bankrupt, other nations can't get away with that, but America can. If Canada tried to do that, they'd be totally screwed.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

So how soon until America goes Bankrupt? How many years?

America can never go bankrupt as long as the U.S. dollar is the world's reserve currency.   The debt would just be monetized down by printing more dollars.

Canada was in real risk of default in the 1990's...America has no such fears.

Edited by bush_cheney2004