People's Party of Canada

marcus

17 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Bigot means a person who is intolerant of other people's opinions, so technically, you're the bigot.

Bigot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Argus is a bigot.

43 minutes ago, marcus said:

Bigot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Nope.

big·ot
/ˈbiɡət/

noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
  1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Everybody is bigoted against something. Be it vaccinations or removing your daughter's clitoris. Everybody is prejudiced about something. Be it broccoli or cats. The origins of the term 'bigot' are Medieval: Bi Gott or something like that...something to do with Norman submission to the French King....or their perceived lack-there-of. 

Dictionary: 

....having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others. 

16 hours ago, Argus said:

What if they're goat herders? You let in a bunch of rural third world types with no education or modern job skills and you set them up for a lifetime of poverty and welfare. And then you think you're being kind...

Right, because rebels seeking to overthrow the government would focus primarily on poor, rural areas and small villages resulting in the displacement of poorly educated, near unemployable "goat herder" types.  Urban areas, where the powerful live, is of little interest to these rebels, the government, the Russians or Americans. Consequently, displacement of educated, employable Syrians who would seek refuge in Canada would, of course, be pretty rare.  Very astute of you to have figured this out, Argus.  :rolleyes:

Can anyone provide us with a link to this Monday's election results?

I cannot seem to find an article on CBC.    Prior years they had a map of provinces and regions with their elected parties

8 minutes ago, cougar said:

Can anyone provide us with a link to this Monday's election results?

I cannot seem to find an article on CBC.    Prior years they had a map of provinces and regions with their elected parties

I think this one?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6023150/live-canada-election-results-2019-real-time-results-in-the-federal-election/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Right, because rebels seeking to overthrow the government would focus primarily on poor, rural areas and small villages resulting in the displacement of poorly educated, near unemployable "goat herder" types.

Yes. That is precisely what happened in Syria.

The 25,000 refugees Canada is importing contrast with Europe’s new arrivals in almost every way. Generally speaking, they were the most economically vulnerable of the Syrian refugees living in Jordan, Turkey and Lebanon

They were Syria’s olive farmers and shopkeepers before the war, not its university graduates. Of the dozens of refugees headed to Canada that I met (and I was focused on the government-selected pool, rather than private sponsorships), I can remember only one who spoke passable English.

Many of their kids, worryingly, had been out of school for years.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/what-distinguishes-the-syrians-arriving-in-europe-from-those-incanada/article28614428/

Canada’s refugees are being drawn from a pool of the poorest of the poor. Lacking higher education or easily transferable skill sets, and with scant English or French, they will require an immense amount of help and encouragement when they arrive on the other side of the pond. They will be in for a tough slog once they get their parkas, toques and galoshes on.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/matthew-fisher-refugees-will-face-a-cultural-cliff-in-canada-and-canadians-will-be-tested-too

On 10/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, marcus said:

How do you know what the percentage of 'extreme elements' are?

Two of the most vocal supporters of PPC on this forum are racist and bigoted: Argus and taxme.

I don't know how do we do that, perhaps we should stick with your line of thinking....Maybe all Muslims are terrorists because there is much more than 2 persons have said so or acted in terrorist ways...Maybe you take the short bus to school because more than 2 people have said so....I mean we don't know how many more people out there agree with those 2 statements...shall we continue to explore those inciteful statements...

On 10/24/2019 at 3:04 PM, marcus said:

Of course it's not.

But calling people from certain countries and ethnic background goat herders, terrorist lovers, etc. is racist and bigoted.

Give us some examples where the PPC have publicly said those things....just a reminder which party released 6 candidates for racist, homophobic remarks...plus had 3 incidents of black face....thats not racist of bigoted is it....or maybe you just have a selective memory.....like the rest of the left does....

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Give us some examples where the PPC have publicly said those things....just a reminder which party released 6 candidates for racist, homophobic remarks...plus had 3 incidents of black face....thats not racist of bigoted is it....or maybe you just have a selective memory.....like the rest of the left does....

Are you really trying to pretend that the PPC - with their openly white supremacist 'security' thugs - are not racist? :lol: 

Why pretend? 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, jacee said:

Are you really trying to pretend that the PPC - with their openly white supremacist 'security' thugs - are not racist? :lol: 

Why pretend? 

To extremists like you anyone who disagrees is a racist and white supremacist. You have no credibility here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacee said:

Why pretend? 

No i'm not pretending anything, jacee,  it's fact that the left is more racist than the right...atleast if we were going to judge that by facts, liberals fired 6 candidates for racist and homophobic remarks, Maybe these guys tried out for the PPC but they said nope....or maybe the left are hacks, and divert attention by accusing everyone else.....

Erik Schomann (Simcoe North) over a social-media post that talked about sending pig meat to Muslims.(green party)

ept. 11: Dock Currie (Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo) over online comments. NDP

Olivier Mathieu (LaSalle–Emard–Verdun) over domestic abuse allegations.NDP

A Liberal candidate has resigned after criticising a woman who said her husband had raped her, saying the husband was the "real victim".

A spokesman for the Victorian Division of the Liberal Party said Scullin candidate Gurpal Singh was asked to step down after a series of offensive Facebook posts were made public.

Mr Singh is the seventh Victorian Liberal candidate to be disendorsed by the party this federal election.

Mr Singh had previously linked same-sex marriage with paedophilia.

there is a lot more this is what I found in 5 min.....and those are not counting all those released for other reasons.....other than being racist...OH for the record there has only been 2 PPC candidates asked to step down...for racist remarks, or other activities ….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

No i'm not pretending anything, jacee,  it's fact that the left is more racist than the right...atleast if we were going to judge that by facts, liberals fired 6 candidates for racist and homophobic remarks, Maybe these guys tried out for the PPC but they said nope....or maybe the left are hacks, and divert attention by accusing everyone else.....

Former neo-Nazi, Pegida Canada official among People’s Party of Canada signatories

https://globalnews.ca/news/5929770/former-neo-nazi-pegida-canada-official-among-peoples-party-of-canada-signatories/

Bernier's PPC signatories are a who's who of white nationalists in Canada. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Argus The National Post article is merely someone's opinion, the writer merely talked to some people in the camp; we don't know if they came to Canada or not, and he provides no data to support his opinion, so we can disregard that one.

The Globe and Mail article is better, as the author at least spoke to people who are actually coming to Canada, but again provides no data to back up his opinion.  

When I look at the data about the Syrian refugees and how they're doing in Canada, they are getting jobs, they are starting businesses, they are working to fit in to our country.  Nobody denies they have challenges, every immigrant or refugee cohort does. As Canadians we can make it easier for them or harder, as the Globe and Mail article points out. Calling them rude names, assuming they can't or won't work or learn English, that they are only here to take advantage of Canada's social programs, highlighting their crimes and dismissing their accomplishments contributes to their marginalization.  If you want ghettos full of disaffected young men, angry and frustrated, where crime, violence and substance abuse is a fact of life, then the marginalization of Syrian refugees or any other immigrant group, is the best way to achieve that.  

In any case, there is nothing wrong with farmers or shopkeepers. Farmers grew our Land and shopkeepers clearly have transferable business skills, as well as a drive to succeed.  

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1

I believe myself looking after refugees in refugee camps makes more sense so they are closer to their homes when sanity comes back and they can move back. I think we set many up for failure by bringing them to Canada. However in the case of privately sponsored refugees they are not a burden on the state. Also the stats on refugees on welfare is not 100% accurate its a snap shot of a certain time period that does not provide an accurate analysis of how long it takes for refugees to assimilate and/or whether their next generation or the one after has the effect of paying back any money they "cost" Canada. Also refugees facing genocide, imminent death or torture, we do have a moral role to protect..to what extent is of course subject to debate but the moral obligation is there it doesn't disappear simpy based on snap shot financial analysis.

..back to the thread, the party Bernier created like himself was completely rejected. Its also interesting to see why. People do not understand Quebecois. Just as Jameet Singh wears a turban and a beard and says he can be what ever he wants in Canada, so do Quebecois. They wear their nationality as Singh does his ethnic and religious identity and Singh never grasped that and never will. In Singh's mind he is a minority who can be a visible minority and expect immediate acceptance of his visible minority status-when a Quebecois does the same thing in regards to their perceived visible minority status...he calls it racism. Thus he lost all his seats in Quebec and Trudeau who pandered to ethnics in large cities to get elected did the same in Quebec being such a whore he put " I stand up for Quebec" on his podium indicating what everyone should know....Trudeau  panders to whoever he thinks will vote for him and in so doing has alienated Canada outside Toronto and Montreal repeating his father's same behavior which fanned separatism both in the West and in Quebec.

Singh did not understand and never will that Quebecois like him put their ethnicity or perceived visible minority status as a  hyphen before the name Canadian. Take it from this minority....if I choose which is my right to grow a long beard, wear a covering/hat, dress in black, and make myself a visible minority based on religious precepts...its a democratic choice but to pretend it will not alienate me from the rest of the cultural environment I live in is naïve and it shows I am now willing to adjust my identity to the values of the environment I am in to a certain extent-it shows a rigid, fundamentalist set of beliefs not flexible ones. Flexible ones are necessary in a democracy which requires people compromise. So you can choose to believe certain values are beyond compromise  but you can NOT expect everyone to agree with your values. Singh wants everyone to accept him as he is, but when Quebecois roll out their collective identity as he did his, he called it unfair. Trudeau on the other hand simply panders to anyone he thinks is listening an simply trots out platitudes to get elected. The Trudeau election strategy of pandering to large population density ridings with ethnics and not worrying about what was outside the cities, is what got him elected. It was a deliberate strategy and it depended on ethics being made to feel afraid of non ethnic Canadians. 

It worked in  Trudeau's case. In Bernier's case it was mentally retarded. Bernier is mentally retarded. His processing of cognitive thought is delayed. He could not figure out if he simply says what he did not like, which he did, he left nothing else to vote for. His platform other than he wanted to reduce immigration sounded imbecilic. It made no economic sense what-so-ever and it showed. Since he was playing the Trump card, the Block Quebecois already does that in Quebec in regards to the rest of Canada and believe it or not Singh did the same thing as his own community will tell you and explain why he has to run to BC to get elected since in his own riding he is so polarizing his own community won't elect him.

Trudeau got elected simply because people did not like Sheer. End of story. Bernier was a non factor. His one trick pony mental retardation does not attract votes and never will. In this day and age people need you to enunciate something clear even if it is a set of non stop lying, denial and studdering like Trudeau or Sheer for that matter,

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:19 PM, Argus said:

Here is a report from Macleans. Only 25% of them are employed. And for the government sponsored refugees it's a mere 5%. Less than half the Syrian refugees have a high school diploma.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/how-syrian-refugees-to-canada-have-fared-since-2015/

That isn't current employment  data, Argus. That's from the 2016 census, just after some arrived. 

We would be far better off using the money to take care of them back in Turkey than bringing them to Canada. It costs ten times more to fund a refugee in the West than it does back where they come from.

Well, they're not "where they come from", Syria, because much of it is destroyed. They're in refugee camps, in numbers too massive for any hope of integration into those countries.

Edited by jacee

On 10/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Argus said:

And they are on welfare. Let's not forget that. The Syrians, like other refugees, have no job skills to speak of, and little or no language skills. What jobs they can get are for largely for unskilled labour. This is not a reflection on who they are as people, but merely the reality of transferring a largely rural folk from a third world country to another land with a vastly different culture and language and with an economy driven by technology and communications.

Here is a report from Macleans. Only 25% of them are employed. And for the government sponsored refugees it's a mere 5%. Less than half the Syrian refugees have a high school diploma.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/how-syrian-refugees-to-canada-have-fared-since-2015/

We would be far better off using the money to take care of them back in Turkey than bringing them to Canada. It costs ten times more to fund a refugee in the West than it does back where they come from.

You are not fooling anyone with your denial and the cherry picked data which does not back anything you say. 

You have been using "goat herder" as a way to show your contempt and to demean brown/Muslim people for years. You have used it for more than just the wave of Syrian refugees that came in. 

You're a bigot and a racist and it's easy to see how people like you are attracted to the PPC.

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Projecting. You are the one who is the most intolerant of others views in this thread, you might be fooling yourself but plenty of us are on to you.

I am intolerant of hate towards my fellow humans and I will speak up whenever I see people trying to normalize their bigotry. 

Before you come running in with your tunnel vision, crying about how I'm some communist who wants to stop free speech; Even though I will speak up against bigots like Argus and taxme, I will defend their right to be able to express their bigotry and hatefulness.

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

I am intolerant of hate towards my fellow humans and I will speak up whenever I see people trying to normalize their bigotry. 

Before you come running in with your tunnel vision, crying about how I'm some communist who wants to stop free speech; Even though I will speak up against bigots like Argus and taxme, I will defend their right to be able to express their bigotry and hatefulness.

The Boy Who Cried Bigot. That's you.

Everyone who disagrees with you is a bigot, if we went by your definition of the word, it would have no meaning aside from that. That's not what a bigot is, you wouldn't know a bigot if they slapped you in the face.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marcus said:

Marcus 
Please do not confuse hate and dislike.
You have tunnel vision as well?
You know I often agree with Argus and Taxme on this forum. I am not a big fan of Muslims (with good reason). Do I hate them? No. Do I want to be like them? No. Do I agree with their rules? No. Would I like to see them return to the middle east? Yes. Can I live in the same neighborhood as them and ignore? Yes. I do that now lol Trust me they are not crazy on us Christian folk and our western ways either. What can you do?

On 10/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, marcus said:

Argus is a bigot.

First off, the PPC isn't as bad as you say it it is. The main problems with the PPC are that 1) Bernier said that he wouldn't go against the CPC and that turned out to be a lie, and 2) that they were splitting the conservative vote. They were in favour of less immigration, but there's nothing wrong that. There are high costs associated with immigration and the same people who don't want increases in immigration are also against abortion and increased education costs, etc. Those last things have nothing to do with racism. 

Secondly, you're not in a position to be throwing the B word around until you can express some reasonable & positive sentiments towards Israel, Jews, and western society in general. 

• Like 1