Andrew Scheer needs to go.

Argus

The CPC itself needs to go, the merger of the PC and Reform doesn't work, it just becomes the PC's and the West gets screwed.

The West wanted in, but it didn't work, pandering to Quebec doesn't work, you can't beat Quebec, you have to join them by forming a West Bloc and playing the same game Quebec does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rue said:

I think he is strongly identified with the previous Progressive Conservative Party and so to pick him now, might alienate the former Reformist wing and cause a schism. Me personally I think he would be a good candidate. I think he could sell himself across Canada very well and has the qualities Sheer does not. Marcus mentioned Michael Chong. He is another middle of the road or progressive Tory but I am not sure he would carry nationally and I never did understand why he did not do better in Toronto. He was a pretty middle of the road inoffensive politician but voters tuned him out. I really do not know why.

I have never heard of Chong...….

10 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Andrew Scheer should be gone . . . . couldn't get the job done.  Conservatives in disarray.  Canada is hopeless.

Royal Guard . . . guarding what ?    RCMP wanna-be's . . . . 

Indeed, Canada is hopeless, but the Vandoos are not Mounties, not cops, infantry.

Ceremonial duty is not their primary role, they're not wannabe's, they're the real deal.

17 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Two majority governments? I thought he had two minority govts and one majority?

Exactly, they never really had a mandate, they were hanging on by their fingernails, only because the Bon Jack wave in Quebec split the left.

As a result they played small ball, there was never a Blue Wave and there never will be, they couldn't impose anything, they were beggars not choosers

Soon as the Liberals stole the NDP's platform and all the Dippers came back, the Tories were doomed.

If one is conservative, Canada is not their country, Canada is run by the eastern Liberal elites, always has been, always will be.

That is of course until Confederation ends, but in the meantime, the CPC is going nowhere fast.

16 hours ago, betsy said:

I have never heard of Chong...….

No surprise. He was a Toronto Municipal politician and dentist. No one would know him except his former Toronto riding and of course individuals such as myself who of course know everything Betsy. Middle of the road  guy on social issues. Had a good grasp on inner city transportation issues. He could be a good Mayor I think but I can' see him on the National level myself but he's a well spoken, thoughtful person well in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Every Canadian should have to swear an oath of allegiance before casting a ballot.

I didn't vote, democracy is broken in Canada, the Confederation is a failed state, the Elite Consensus rules, the opposition is fake, so no point.

It's not some great privilege to vote in Canada, it's meaningless, even the things Canadians vote for are vacuous, culture is destiny,  and I can't vote it out.

2 hours ago, Rue said:

And? ....you think this would make them what exactly.........people swear a lot of things and?

Exactly.   The oath is only as reliable as the men who swear it.  Oaths in of themselves are a product of God fearing age where your honor was you life.

Nietzschean bourgeois  Canada does not fear to break their oaths, does not live by their honor,  nor do they care to stand and fight for anything neither.

Postmodern. Post National.  Brave New World.

No God.  No Queen. No Country.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not seeing how forcing people to swear oaths that they have no intention of following is going to do any good whatsoever.
/shrugs

Well you hear the bourgeoisie truck out the tired expression "those who fought for our freedoms"

Its always those mythical people of yore who fought for freedom, nobody in the now has to do any fighting for freedom, freedom is ostensibly bought and paid for and so now free of cost.

The infernal Vimy Myth.   Never mind that the Canadian Corps on Vimy Ridge wasn't actually fighting for freedom but rather for the tyrannical British Empire.

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I didn't vote, democracy is broken in Canada, the Confederation is a failed state, the Elite Consensus rules, the opposition is fake, so no point.

It's not some great privilege to vote in Canada, it's meaningless, even the things Canadians vote for are vacuous, culture is destiny,  and I can't vote it out.

You're a spoiled child.  Go live China then tell me there's no point to vote.  Move or STFU.  You wait you can't, because you're a cuck.

• Like 1