NDP vs Liberals, which one is going to out-left the other?

8 minutes ago, marcus said:

My comments are more about the past and their failure to take that step. 

I do wonder why refineries were never pushed or talked about by the Alberta government. I guess when you have money pouring in, you just sit back and not think about what if this ends. 

Now that those days are gone, instead of looking at how to fix the issues, they are doubling down and flogging a dead horse. You can't make Alberta great again like this.

Like I said, if they had followed your strategy, it wouldn't have solved their current problems, that's just more Venezuela North. So wonder away, but your proposal fails to address the problem you want to solve. Centrally Planned Oil Refineries are not the answer, just more mismanagement, whether you refuse to accept that answer or not, you can't "Make Alberta Great Again" like that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Centrally Planned Oil Refineries are not the answer, just more mismanagement, whether you refuse to accept that answer or not.

Canadians think central planning is the answer to everything, yet Canada can't even tie its own shoelaces anymore

It's laughable how huge the gap is between Canadian fantasies and the reality of total Canadian political paralysis.

Edited by Dougie93

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I don't manage anything in Canada, f@ck Canada and f@ck you too you dick sucking partisan hack.

Calm down you angry old man. You're frothing. Projecting your own failures onto others won't get you anywhere. I have 0 affiliation with any parties and have never once advocated for any of them. Old age has rotted your receptors. 

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Advocating for Venezuela North, while fronting like he's advocating for Norway West, to sell Venezuela North. That's marcus for you.

That's quite the statement. Your tunnel vision prevents you from understanding what people advocate. Why don't you surprise people for once and try to go just one day without pigeonholing everything and everyone. 

9 minutes ago, marcus said:

Calm down you angry old man. You're frothing. Projecting your own failures onto others won't get you anywhere. I have 0 affiliation with any parties and have never once advocated for any of them. Old age has rotted your receptors.

I have no Canadian failures, I don't invest in Canada at all, wouldn't invest here because it's a clown show.

I said refining gasoline is not a role of government, which is stating the obvious, you told me to shut up cause Trudeau or something about him, I rightly told you to gfy.

Canada is a joke,  fake country, you can't get anything done in Canada, but don't brame me roundeye, it's your problem not mine.

The attacks against me for my age are laughable, Millenials are a bunch of losers, I'm old, but I'm rich.

Go cry to your national helicopter mommy, hipster f@ggot.

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I have no Canadian failures, I don't invest in Canada at all, wouldn't invest here because it's a clown show.

I invest and I make money. Perhaps you don't know how to invest correctly. 

I said refining gasoline is not a role of government, which is stating the obvious, you told me to shut up cause Trudeau or something about him, I rightly told you to gfy.

I never mentioned Trudeau and I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about the many Albertans who play the victim card. 

Canada is a joke,  fake country, you can't get anything done in Canada, but don't brame me roundeye, it's your problem not mine.

Canada is young with a small population. What do you expect it to do? It's a teenager in an awkward phase. It has no defining character. It's not Britain, it's not U.S. and it's not anything. It's a rapidly changing country and no one can stop it. Stop being so mad at Canada. 

The attacks against me for my age are laughable, Millenials are a bunch of losers, I'm old, but I'm rich.

Go cry to your national helicopter mommy, hipster f@ggot.

You just said faggot. I love it.

12 minutes ago, marcus said:

Canada is young with a small population. What do you expect it to do? It's a teenager in an awkward phase. It has no defining character. It's not Britain, it's not U.S. and it's not anything. It's a rapidly changing country and no one can stop it. Stop being so mad at Canada.

I despise Canada, but contempt is not anger, you're the one whose angry

because you can't realize your dreams and schemes in a fake country with no national interest and no unity.

I've already realized my dreams, I already won the life lottery, I ain't mad at Canada just because I piss on it.  It's just a little piss, don't be so sensitive,  boy.

Canada's failures don't keep me up at night, f@ck Canada, it's dead to me, I'm just pissing on its grave.

Edited by Dougie93

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I despise Canada, but contempt is not anger, you're the one whose angry

because you can't realize your dreams and schemes in a fake country with no national interest and no unity.

I've already realized my dreams, I already won the life lottery, I ain't mad at Canada just because I piss on it.  It's just a little piss, don't be so sensitive,  boy.

I'm definitely not mad nor have I shown any anger. I'm also not sensitive. I also don't piss on Canada. I see no point in doing it. I accept it for its limitations and understand that it's a very large piece of land with a small sprawling population. Unity will only be displayed when Canada plays hockey in the Olympics or if the Raptors win. Otherwise, there is very little unifying features and conditions between people in different parts of Canada. It's just how it is. You can't change that.

Your life lottery was that you were born in this part of the world. You have a platform that most others will never realize. Be happy about that. 

16 minutes ago, marcus said:

Your life lottery was that you were born in this part of the world. You have a platform that most others will never realize. Be happy about that. 

I am happy,  I simply have contempt for Canada,  I enjoy pissing on pathetic Canada, I enjoy wiping my ass with the fake Canadian flag,

I enjoy being rich enough to be able to tell Canada to gfi,   I ask nothing from Canada, I pay Canada, Canada doesn't pay me.

All Canada requires of me is that I pay the taxes, there's nothing therein which binds me to love it.

I love my wife, she wanted this property here close to her family,  I bought it for her.

I served Canada for 22 years, Canada has never served me.  Canada has never done anything for me, no gifts, no handouts, nothing.

Canada is just a big pain in the ass, I'm the one propping Canada's useless shit up, I don't get anything in return, Canada can't even save itself never mind me.

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Like I said, if they had followed your strategy, it wouldn't have solved their current problems, that's just more Venezuela North. So wonder away, but your proposal fails to address the problem you want to solve. Centrally Planned Oil Refineries are not the answer, just more mismanagement, whether you refuse to accept that answer or not, you can't "Make Alberta Great Again" like that.

Alberta's oil glory days are over and Alberta governments haven't planned enough for a longer term sustainable economy: 

A popular bumper sticker in Alberta reads: “Please God, give me one more oil boom. I promise not to piss it all away next time.”

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/after-50-years-of-trying-to-diversify-its-economy-alberta-is-still-stuck-on-oil

A refinery would be an excellent idea, and "central planning" - ie, making that suggestion to Albertans - isn't out of line at all. Notley's petrochemical industry diversification is another. 

Kenney's millions spent fighting and wailing about environmentalists is not useful. 

A travelling friend met a guy in an Alberta bar, an oil worker who introduced himself by hollering angrily "What are you damn hippie freaks doing in our bar?!" ... but he smoked his weed nonetheless. Buddy didn't have to graduate high school to get a job in the oil field and a truck (he was paying for) worth $120,000

Ya, for buddy with no education and used to ridiculously expensive toys, coming down off oil is going to be pretty hard. You can't get a min. wage job flipping burgers in Ontario without a high school diploma.

Is Alberta's repeated lack of planning really Canada's 'emergency'? Canada can't fix the price of oil, nor the fact that oil is increasingly out of favour. Canada can't fix Alberta's lack of diversification into downstream industries. 

But Canada can help redirect, educate and retrain workers to diversify themselves into sustainable energy industries, energy retrofitting, downstream petro manufacturing industries, etc.

Canada can help the workers bail out of a dying industry ... but NOT by throwing our money away bailing out the dying fossil fuel industries. 

Alberta needs better leadership than Jason Kenney frothing at the mouth in his 'war room', railing at the fates, plotting and blaming.

Alberta needs to attract new industries for the long term, to retrain and employ its own work force.  

But the oil workers who come from across Canada are perhaps not so much Alberta's problem, and Canada can play a role in transitioning them to other industries. 

Edited by jacee
  • Thanks 1

This post probably isn't going to matter and either will I but I want to say it anyways.

I was thinking about voting NDP or PC this election until I found out I was not registered to vote. So instead of registering, I decided to give up my interest in Human politics because I feel as if this species use's me as a bad example no matter what I do. So as of Oct 21st, I am done trying to influence the Canadian political chess board. I am meant to be a villain, away from these affairs.

Because I was bullied and shit on by my fellow countrymen, I helped usher in the carbon tax with my inactivity. So have fun you hicks.  boo fucking hoo eh?

I helped just as much as someone who didn't give a crap about politics. But It matters a little bit, FEEL THE BURN FROM THE TAX! T4x the bu1li3s!

The EGS shall rule the world!

Edited by Carbon882

43 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The solution is the free market, not central planning. If you want to make the problem worse, shun the free market and embrace central planning as the only solution.

I agree. Suggesting that Alberta diversify is not "central planning", but just a suggestion that Alberta is already well aware of and should have implemented by itself but hasn't bothered with to any significant extent. It's also a message that "central bailouts" for the dying industries will NOT be an answer for Alberta. 

An even stronger message will be the necessary shifting of fossil fuel subsidies to renewable energy industries, which already employ more people than the oil industry. Even a small shift will tip the balance of profitability to renewables, and investors will follow. The "free market" solution is starting us right in the face.

Bail out the workers, but not the dying industry. 

Edited by jacee

11 minutes ago, jacee said:

I agree. Suggesting that Alberta diversify is not "central planning", but just a suggestion that Alberta is already well aware of and should have implemented by itself but hasn't bothered with to any significant extent. It's also a message that "central bailouts" for the dying industries will NOT be an answer for Alberta. 

An even stronger message will be the necessary shifting of fossil fuel subsidies to renewable energy industries, which already employ more people than the oil industry. Even a small shift will tip the balance of profitability to renewables, and investors will follow. The "free market" solution is starting us right in the face.

Bail out the workers, but not the dying industry. 

The market can handle the shifting, the problem is the central planning propping up the oil with subsidies. Level the playing field, no need to shift subsidies, that is central planning, not the free market, and like I say, it's the central planning propping up the oilsands, not the free market. If renewables are the future as you suggest, they don't need protection from market forces via central planning, they just need access to the market without their competition being propped up by central planning.

If you need to rig the market to make the shift to renewables, that will make them less competitive by relying on government handouts, and less innovative. That will actually slow down the shift, not speed it up.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Carbon882 said:

This post probably isn't going to matter and either will I but I want to say it anyways.

I was thinking about voting NDP or PC this election until I found out I was not registered to vote. 

Because I was bullied and shit on by my fellow countrymen, I helped usher in the carbon tax with my inactivity. So have fun you hicks.  boo fucking hoo eh?

Just another dough-head playing the 'victim' card . . . . poor you.  

3 hours ago, Carbon882 said:

Now that I found out that Climate Barbie is married to a libertarian conservative, I kinda like her.

In terms of the carbon tax, I think the damage is more that it makes Canada even less competitive against America and Mexico.

So you're not really targeting the bullies so much as Canadian workers.

On the the other hand work is bullshit jobs are jails, so maybe you're just freeing them for the purposes of violent insurrection.

58 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Now that I found out that Climate Barbie is married to a libertarian conservative, I kinda like her.

In terms of the carbon tax, I think the damage is more that it makes Canada even less competitive against America and Mexico.

So you're not really targeting the bullies so much as Canadian workers.

On the the other hand work is bullshit jobs are jails, so maybe you're just freeing them for the purposes of violent insurrection.

Here's a thought:

Let's all join Dougie and not work since jobs are jails.  Of course we wont have any production whatsoever, utilities to function (gas, hydro, telephone), police, firemen, or any medical support.  

Yeah I'm in.  

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Here's a thought:

Let's all join Dougie and not work since jobs are jails. 

Of course we wont have any production whatsoever, utilities to function (gas, hydro, telephone), police, firemen, or any medical support.  

Yeah I'm in.  

Your jobs are not productive, they are simply make work funded by policy stimulus corporate welfare.

to keep you working all the time so you don't have time nor energy to revolt against the entrenched interest vampire squids.

The public sector unions are all part and parcel of those entrenched interests fleecing you to feather their nests. How much do cops get paid to hand out tickets?  It's absurd.

Working for income is a scam, the rich don't pay income tax, only you do.

The control of production is not by employment and neither is the profits, do as the rich do, incorporate and live by capital gains alone.

Trudeau rules out a coalition with the NDP.

Not only does he know it would backfire, there's something else the Liberals are well aware of;

The NDP is broke right now,  they can't afford another election, so they have no leverage.

I think the Liberals will probably tack back a bit to the right now, like Kathleen Wynne tried to do, it is Gerry Butz who is really running things after all.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, Dougie93 said:

Americans are the only people Canadians find it acceptable to hate, and I can't hate my own kin.

You can be a comedian Dougie. :P

There is no such thing as an "American" or a "Canadian".   We are some 400 million people from around the World with different heritage, different origins, some born in North America, some not; some with short roots, some with longer ones.

I can hate the American foreign policy or the lax gun laws (which you are stubbornly in favor of)  but I can not say, hey this guy is an American and therefore I have to hate him, or hey, this guy with the birds nest on his head is a Canadian and therefore he is my brother.

The unifying force on this continent is not spiritual or nationalistic; it is economical.  This part works the same in the US and Canada and many other places around the world.