Minority 2019

jacee

17 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Speaking for myself, I take no offence for what you say, it's just uninteresting. It's all about you...when it should be all about me.

There's no reason to be offended on behalf of Canada which doesn't give a shit about you. 

If Canada can throw its own soldiers under the bus, you are surely nothing to Canada.

I'm willing to talk about you, what about you?  Tell me about you

Tell me about how you stood on the line for Canada and gave all you had, tell me about what you have done for Canada.

The military is its own little world, hidden away from Canadians, when I got out, I realized that I didn't even know the people I was serving.

I'm interested to know about you, by all means, speak freely.

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

Generally sons means 'all' in this case removing 'sons' is an insult to the war vets who fought for our freedoms

Sons means men. 

There were over 50,000 Canadian WWII women veterans too. No insult was intended to vets, who were not the only "sons" referenced in the anthem.

That debate is over, the official version is now gender neutral, but sing it however you want. 

Personally, I sing "Our home ON native land."  Lol 

Trudeau is on record in 2015 as saying the party with the most seats should govern.

It doesn't matter what Trudeau or Scheer say, except they look stupid if they don't know the law. 

* When no party wins a majority of the seats/votes, the incumbent party can attempt to gain the confidence (majority vote) of the House by partnering with other parties. 

* If that fails, the opposition parties can then attempt to gain the confidence (majority vote) of the House by partnering with other parties to form government. 

Edited by jacee

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Tell me about how you stood on the line for Canada and gave all you had, tell me about what you have done for Canada.

While I had no aptitude for the military , I have always had tremendous respect for those of you who have.  I come from a long line of Canadian soldiers including one who fought off the yankee invaders and another who possibly was the longest serving soldier in Canadian history. Both of my Grand fathers served in the Canadian Army in the Great War. My father was a civilian who had a tiny role in the Manhatten Project. That was their service, not mine.

Had I tried to join the army, I would likely have been more dangerous to my own members than to the enemy. I don't know if you would call a career as a Peace Officer as serving Canada. I was pretty good at it and I have to be happy with that. 

The difference between us is I am grateful to this country for all the blessings I enjoy because of it.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

While I had no aptitude for the military , I have always had tremendous respect for those of you who have.  I come from a long line of Canadian soldiers including one who fought off the yankee invaders and another who possibly was the longest serving soldier in Canadian history. Both of my Grand fathers served in the Canadian Army in the Great War. My father was a civilian who had a tiny role in the Manhatten Project. That was their service, not mine.

Had I tried to join the army, I would likely have been more dangerous to my own members than to the enemy. I don't know if you would call a career as a Peace Officer as serving Canada. I was pretty good at it and I have to be happy with that. 

The difference between us is I am grateful to this country for all the blessings I enjoy because of it.

Anybody can be a soldier,  you just have to want it badly enough, and don't quit, the RCR Battleschool will do the rest.

I don't enjoy any blessings by way of Canadian Confederation, it's a burden not a boon.

I do not have any fealty for a fake country run by communists elites, no matter how much they wave the maple leaf in my face.

I mean, it's simply totalitarianism, the state propaganda arms feed you the kool-aid about how Canada is blessing you with its nonsensical dogma, and you swear fealty to it.

Yes. I f@ckin' hate that, and I hate people who fall for that shit, and then call me a traitor for going my own way.

I gotta be me.  If that offends people, too bad.  

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

If you're so unhappy, you can leave anytime.  

I'm not unhappy,  

I can hate Canada and enjoy life at the same time,   I'm not looking for anything from Canada, I simply own and reside on land here.

I'm glad to fit agin her, and I ask no pardon for anything I've done.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Charles Anthony suspends me all the time.  He won't suspend Queenmandy tho, just me.

Charles Anthony suspends me also . . . . warnings, demerit points, stand in the corner, etc./ etc. . . . . . . he's probably a retired schoolteacher.

October 21st fast approaches . . . .  no winners in this circle-jerk.

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

Charles Anthony suspends me also . . . . warnings, demerit points, stand in the corner, etc./ etc. . . . . . . he's probably a retired schoolteacher.

October 21st fast approaches . . . .  no winners in this circle-jerk.

I like Charles Anthony a lot.  He's a good guy.  I'll accept his judgements without grievance.

Sorry Jacee. Back to the original thread, I've been around long enough never to predict the result. This time, for the first time since my first campaign in 1962, I don't know who I am going to vote for. I listened to Lisa Raitt on the Current this morning and if she were leader, I would vote for her party in a heart beat. I know the polls say a Liberal minority but they also said that in 2015 and Secretary Clinton on 2016. Hmm.

6 hours ago, jacee said:

Women are not "sons".

WOW, can you feel the difference , we changed one word in our national anthem and POOF we are already more powerful for it.... do you feel empowered Jacee, in todays world where there is so much on our plates that truly need out attention ,  Liberals had to pick this as one of there issues to tackle.... what a crock of shit, it was a "squirrel" moment for the country, meant to distract you while the liberal government was not doing anything of any importance... still feel empowered , or a little embarrassed for not seeing it coming....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I listened to Lisa Raitt on the Current this morning and if she were leader, I would vote for her party in a heart beat. I know the polls say a Liberal minority but . . . . . . 

Lisa Raitt or Michelle Rempel  . . . . would carry the PC's far.  Andrew Scheer may be smart and concerned but, he's sadly got the image of a young Robert Stanfield.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Never sell yourself short, Queenmandy, anyone who serves this nation with unlimited liability has earned my respect,and the respect of many of my comrades,  that goes the same for fire fighters, EMS techs, coast guard, boarder guards, CSIS, RCMP the list goes on...those that do not respect that , are haters, and not worth the effort ...

I want to thank you for your service, and that of your relatives who help set the standards we have today as a military institution... 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Sorry Jacee. Back to the original thread, I've been around long enough never to predict the result. This time, for the first time since my first campaign in 1962, I don't know who I am going to vote for. I listened to Lisa Raitt on the Current this morning and if she were leader, I would vote for her party in a heart beat. I know the polls say a Liberal minority but they also said that in 2015 and Secretary Clinton on 2016. Hmm.

It's a Westminster Parliament, you're just voting for an MP to represent you.

Luckily the PPC candidate in my riding turned out to be a mensch who came to my door and earned the vote.

The only other party which showed up was the Greens.  Nice enough old bird, typical grey haired Green lady, we simply agreed to disagree.

Strategically I do welcome the left become ever more extreme and taking things to the streets.

Thus is the stuff violent civil disorder is made of.

There were some pro-oil hardhats who showed up at the Thunberg rally and started making trouble.

This all ends with lefitsts getting the stuffing beaten out of them by angry mobs.

Warms the cockles of my coal black heart, chaos is a ladder.

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

CBC said otherwise, the CBC reporter said that as soon as Thunberg took the stage, guys with pro oil signs started moving towards the stage and then there was "trouble" his words.

I guess I missed that news. Can you link? 

Protest and counter-protest is pretty much the norm these days. Oil workers and small business owners dependent on the oil industry are legitimately scared for their future. Who wouldn't be in their shoes? The inevitable wind-down of fossil fuel industries is now staring them right in the face within a very few years, and the oil industry bosses are not telling them the truth.

None of the oil companies have planned transitions for oil workers to new industries. They'll just keep using their labour and lying to them until the moment they shut down, while telling the oil workers it's somebody else's fault they're being laid off. 

The oil workers' concerns are understandable. That's legitimate activism, though perhaps better directed at the lying oil bosses than the Climate Strike.

What isn't legitimate is predatory far-right white nationalists trying to co-opt the oil workers' protests to camouflage and promote their racist, misogynist, homophobic agenda of hatred. 

What also isn't legitimate is politicians trying to divide people, set us against each other, to further their own careers, their own power. That's why I feel strongly that we need a minority government to keep their power in check, to seek collaboration rather than conflict. 

Edited by jacee