What to do about China

Argus

So how long is it going to take before Canada's government starts passing laws that crack down on Chinese interference in our politics and its growing influence over the Chinese-Canadian immigrant community?

China's foreign interference likely now widespread in Canada says author of new report.

comprehensive new report has mapped out the structures, methods and effects of what it calls China’s global foreign interference system. And the report’s author tells the Star he believes such activities are “widespread” in Canada, with clues often out in the open.

“When it comes to Canadians attending major United Front conferences and events, online directories of attendees show a large number of Canadian participants as well as Australians,” he said.

For example, a United Front-sponsored conference in North China’s Hebei province last October for overseas Chinese language media listed more than 50 attendees from Canada, while the All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese, a key united front organization that has been openly identified as such in Chinese state media, listed 24 Canada-based delegates and 24 Australia-based delegates in 2018.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/06/08/chinas-foreign-interference-likely-widespread-in-canada-says-author-of-new-report.html

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

So how long is it going to take before Canada's government starts passing laws that crack down on Chinese interference in our politics and its growing influence over the Chinese-Canadian immigrant community?

Canada's government is already cracking down on the influence of Canadians within our country. WTF are you talking about? 

Oh, you said Chinese. My bad.

Little Potato will never stand up to China. He'll probably fly over there with his Tater Tots while they do billions in business with the Communist Bank of China, on the down-low. It's ok, as long as they don't talk to their dad about it. 

11 hours ago, Argus said:

China's foreign interference likely now widespread in Canada says author of new report.

comprehensive new report has mapped out the structures, methods and effects of what it calls China’s global foreign interference system. And the report’s author tells the Star he believes such activities are “widespread” in Canada, with clues often out in the open.

“When it comes to Canadians attending major United Front conferences and events, online directories of attendees show a large number of Canadian participants as well as Australians,” he said.

For example, a United Front-sponsored conference in North China’s Hebei province last October for overseas Chinese language media listed more than 50 attendees from Canada, while the All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese, a key united front organization that has been openly identified as such in Chinese state media, listed 24 Canada-based delegates and 24 Australia-based delegates in 2018.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/06/08/chinas-foreign-interference-likely-widespread-in-canada-says-author-of-new-report.html

Cracking down on interference by China on the Canadian Chinese immigrant community..did you mean all Chinese Canadians or just  Chinese immigrants?  

I think myself you meant all Chinese Canadians and believe the two concepts are interchangeable. 

That said I think your assumption you can crack down on Chinese interference is interesting. Do you want political police? Do you want internet surveilled? Do you want Chinese people followed?

Do you give any thought any more to what you write? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rue said:

Cracking down on interference by China on the Canadian Chinese immigrant community..did you mean all Chinese Canadians or just  Chinese immigrants?  

I think myself you meant all Chinese Canadians and believe the two concepts are interchangeable. 

That said I think your assumption you can crack down on Chinese interference is interesting. Do you want political police? Do you want internet surveilled? Do you want Chinese people followed?

It seems on certain days you choose to simply be irredeemably smarmy, which would look better if it was at least done from a position of knowledge. Evidently, though, you didn't even bother to read the cite attached to the post to which you decided to make your smarmy reply. Nor have you read any of the other cites I've posted with regard to CSIS findings of Chinese interference with their expatriate communities here, nor any of the other cites describing the transition under Xi of Chinese nationalism to include a strong racial element of Chinese superiority and the need for all Chinese everywhere to be loyal to the 'motherland'.

How about the CSIS report which said that almost all Chinese language media in Canada are now controlled by China-friendly businessmen? How about the reports of intimidation and bullying and threats against Chinese-Canadians who don't tow the party line? How about the actions of the United Front in Canada, an organization run by the Chinese Communist Party meant to recruit collaborators in other countries?

For example, a United Front-sponsored conference in North China’s Hebei province last October for overseas Chinese language media listed more than 50 attendees from Canada, while the All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese, a key united front organization that has been openly identified as such in Chinese state media, listed 24 Canada-based delegates By using techniques such as political donations, offering paid trips to China and showering them with flattery, the United Front co-opts international politicians, too.

Wouldn't it be intelligent to investigate these people and their ties to the Chinese government, just for a start? Wouldn't banning the United Front be prudent? How about booting out Chinese agents who are harassing Chinese Canadians?

Joske referred to leaked screenshots to the media last February showing Chinese embassy officials in Ottawa instructing students of Chinese descent to find out information about a talk on rights of Uyghur minorities in China, and collect data on whether Chinese nationals were involved in organizing the talk at McMaster University.

Do you think this is normal diplomatic work we should respect?

ASPI has observed a decrease in the brazenness of United Front activities in Australia since the country passed a series of laws to counter attempts by foreign governments to influence Australian politicians and civil servants.

Perhaps we should look at these laws and pass similar ones.

And yes, I do give thought to things I post. My question is why you don't try it yourself.

Edited by Argus

Again Argus you avoid my questions. You again show in your lack of response to questions asked that you  have given no thought to what you propose.

You provided websites that do not support your proposal but you ask to be inferred to  ratationalize your negative assumptions about Chinese Canadians. 

So now what?  Your thesis contends  Chinese Canadians in Canada should be suspect  to be agents of the People's Republicof China by virtue of their being the same Chinese ethnicity. So are they less suspect if they are a half or a quarter Chinese? Given your identical comments about Muslims I assume you intend to surrveille them as well?Then given what you have stated  should one conclude you want any Canadian with an ethnic link to a country you feel is dangerous to Canada to also be surveilled, i.e., Russians, Turks and given your  concern about  divided loyalties and how some of our allies spy on us because thry compete with us for the same businesses and market access will we  be surveilling anyone who during world soccer tournaments or Olympics sports a  foreign flag? 

Hey let's not also forget  given your beliefmmigrants cause the most violent crimes and black Canadians  commit the most crimes and native Canadians have divided loyalties they too would be under surveillance.

So now... how many government agents  will you need to surveille them? What name will you give your operations, how many people will be hired, and  much money will you allot to it and how do you anticipate not violating the Charter of Rights? Further, gven your expanded targets of surveillance,  how will that be different and not conflict with what the CSE, Ministry of National Defence, CSIS, the RCMP, and police criminal intelligence units already do?

So finish it Argus

Is it smarmy to point out you once again call on the government to surveille people, this time,  simply  because they are Chinese?Is it smarmy to  point the fact your subjective assumptions about Chinese or anyone else is not the basis of a coherent public policy?

Did anything in what you produced in your website ask for surveillance of Chinese in the terms of reference you use? Of course not. Just like you have no proof to suggest immigrants commit the most violent crimes in Canada.

Do you intend to create an action group of concerned citizens to keep a watch on Chinese or Muslims or Leftists, etc.?Where will you intern suspected people with divided loyalties? How will you define when that divided loyalty requires incarceration and what countries do you intend to put on your list? What standards of evidence and proof will you use to base your need to intern or commence surveillance?

Please Answer the questions your proposal raises. What is smarmy is casting slurs against immigrants and Chinese.

I  challenge your words as bigoted  fear mongering with an agenda to turn Canada into a political police state based solely on your subjective perceptions of who should be Canadian.

I reject your assuming anyone is not loyal to Canada simply because they are Chinese, Muslim or anything else.

Until you can coherently provide objective criteria for your proposals and why and who you suggest the government surveilled you are no different than any fascist or the very Chinese communists you claim to loath.

Edited by Rue

3 hours ago, Rue said:

Again Argus you avoid my questions. You again show in your lack of response to questions asked that you  have given no thought to what you propose.

Perhaps I didn't answer your questions because they were inane and not based upon anything I actually wrote or suggested.

You provided websites that do not support your proposal but you ask to be inferred to  ratationalize your negative assumptions about Chinese Canadians. 

Would you like to support your statement that I have made negative assumptions about Chinese Canadians? Go for it. Show me where I have made such assumptions. Also, tell me about my proposal. What do you imagine I have proposed?

So now what?  Your thesis contends  Chinese Canadians in Canada should be suspect  to be agents of the People's Republicbof China by virtue of their being the same Chinese ethnicity.

My thesis contends? I pointed out multiple reports about China's fascist government and it's "United Front" influencing Chinese communities in Canada, about members of those communities complaining to the government about blackmail and intimidation by Chinese agents and those affiliated with them. I have stated that this is a problem, as CSIS has stated, and that the government should take action against Chinese agents and its surrogates, including United Front.

So now... how many government agents  will you need to surveille them? What name will you give your operations, how many people will be hired, and  much money will you allot to it and how do you anticipate not violating the Charter of Rights?

You seem to be hysterical. I have not proposed or even suggested any sort of widespread surveillance on Chinese-Canadians. That is a fiction of your own imagination. Don't create straw men and then yell at me because you don't like the looks of them.

Is it smarmy to point out you once again call on the government to surveille people, this time,  simply  because they are Chinese?

That, in this case, is not so much smarmy as dishonest. Again, I will ask you to quote where I ever suggested it.

Is it smarmy to  point the fact your subjective assumptions about Chinese or anyone else is not the basis of a coherent public policy?

Given you don't know what my subjective assumptions about Chinese are, it's dumb, as opposed to smarmy.

Did anything in what you produced in your website ask for surveillance of Chinese in the terms of reference you use?

You mean the terms YOU use. This idea of some kind of widespread surveillance on Chinese Canadians is all on you, bud.

Of course not. Just like you have no proof to suggest immigrants commit the most violent crimes in Canada.

Would you like to posit an explanation as to why the great majority of the people on the most wanted lists seem to be immigrants? You seem to be evading this.

Please Answer the questions your proposal raises. What is smarmy is casting slurs against immigrants and Chinese.

Which only you have done. Explain yourself. Why are you casting aspersions against immigrants and Chinese?

I  challenge your words as bigoted  fear mongering with an agenda to turn Canada into a political police state based solely on your subjective perceptions of who should be Canadian.

I challenge your words as apparently arising from early senility.  You have imagined I said something, turned it into something else, and become hysterical and insulting. Something you seem to be doing more and more of late.

Edited by Argus

On 6/9/2020 at 9:02 PM, Argus said:

So how long is it going to take before Canada's government starts passing laws that crack down on Chinese interference in our politics and its growing influence over the Chinese-Canadian immigrants.

You not I dragged Chinese immigrants into this topic. Have the integrity to admit why you did and why.

Your words deliberately switch the issue from problematic Chinese government policies to raising the spectre of disloyal Chinese Canadians.  

Who you. Yah you.

Edited by Rue

On 6/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, Argus said:

Would you like to support your statement that I have made negative assumptions about Chinese Canadians? Go for it. Show me where I have made such assumptions. 

Given you don't know what my subjective assumptions about Chinese are, it's dumb, as opposed to smarmy.

Would you like to posit an explanation as to why the great majority of the people on the most wanted lists seem to be immigrants?

Which only you have done. Explain yourself. Why are you casting aspersions against immigrants and Chinese?

Yes. Argus you made an allegation immigrant Canadians have the highest crime rates for violence then when I asked for the statistics admitted you have none and blamed the lack of statistics being caused by leftists.

You were caught red handed fabricating. Now you raise in an issue as to how to deal with Chinese policies a claim that Chinese agents are blackmailing and pressuring Chinese immigrants and call for a crackdown.  So I contend that necessarily raises an issue of fearing Chinese Canadians. You chose to raise it as a fear when discussing the Chinese government.

In the past on this forum you have also questioned the loyalty of immigrants repeatedly claiming they  do not have the same values you want for this country. You appear now to repeat it every chance you can work it in a thread or issue. Your preoccupation with immigrants dominates your responses now.

So I now argue your words words  smeer immigrants claiming the majority of people on wanted lists are immigrants. Yah I knew you just threw that in because it what Argus? Because what?  Because it justifies your negative stereotyping of immigrants?  So.. who keeps raising the immigrant issue Argus? You think the deflection and allegation I did  to suggest works any better than that other  attempt to blame leftists when you got caught fabricating an allegation of immigrants having the highest violent crimes in Canada?

Now twice you have repeated that immigrants are  the majority of suspects of crimes in Canada and argue I should not derive from your words that you find immigrants suspect? Of course I challenge your call for a crackdown.  

So you have lists of immigrant suspects Argus. .finish it? Isvthis about Chinese agents in Canada or is 8t  about Chinese immigrants and all immigrants you do not want in Canada?

Wanted list my ass..do you mean deportation list?

Edited on June 14 to delete specific comments.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Rue said:

You not I dragged Chinese immigrants into this topic. Have the integrity to admit why you did and why.

Your words deliberately switch the issue from problematic Chines.e government policies to raising the spectre of disloyal Chinese Canadians.  

Who you. Yah you.

My post was about CHINA and it's efforts here. Your extreme political correctness aside, there have been multiple reports from multiple agencies about China working to intimidate, bully, blackmail, bribe and recruit their overseas expatriates.

For example, from Amnesty International.

The report, Harassment & Intimidation of Individuals in Canada Working on China-related Human Rights Concerns, also sounds the alarm over what it calls escalating intimidation and interference at Canadian schools and universities. “Consequently, academic freedom and freedom of expression of university students in Canada speaking out on China has been increasingly stifled, as many individuals fear that Chinese government or consular agents are monitoring their speech or their activities.”

“It takes place on social media, through surveillance, monitoring and hacking of phones, computers and websites ... on university and college campuses, at public rallies and cultural events,” Alex Neve, secretary general of Amnesty International Canada, said. “Individuals responsible for the threats often remain anonymous or invisible, but make it clear that they are strong backers of the Chinese government, often leaving no doubt that they are directed, supported or encouraged by the Chinese government."

He said the threats are "bullying, racist, bigoted and frequently involve direct threats of violence, including sexual violence and even death.”

Or a report from the House of Commons this year.

One of the main ways foreign actors try to seek influence in Canada is through targeting and manipulating ethnocultural communities here, said the committee's report. "Some individuals willingly act as agents of a foreign power for a variety of reasons, including patriotism or the expectation of reciprocal favours," it said. But others are pressured into doing foreign actors' bidding through threats, harassment and the detention of family members abroad, the report said, The People's Republic of China uses its growing wealth to mobilize its interference operations and can call on its citizens to contribute, said the committee, which is made up of both MPs and senators.

"It is likely that citizens can be compelled to assist PRC state actors in interference efforts if and when those efforts fall under the broader definition of 'national intelligence work' and 'national intelligence efforts,'" the committee's report says. 

Or direct from CSIS

Beijing tightening grip on Chinese-language media in Canada

Chinese-Canadian journalists face being fired and threatened for criticizing Beijing in Chinese-language media in Canada

China’s efforts to bring Chinese-language media in Canada under its control have accelerated in recent years, especially since the rise of President Xi Jinping
Chinese-Canadian journalists face job losses, death threats, and compromising relatives in China for unfavourable coverage of Beijing
Parliament and intelligence services have warned of the threat posed by Chinese interference to press freedom in Canada

On 5/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, Right To Left said:

Right! They hate us because of our freedoms....got it! Simplistic garbage. In case you haven't been looking, everything is collapsing under our feet now. That's why the super-rich are warming up their giant yachts and leaving or preparing to leave to their island hideaways now. The people who have profited the most from bleeding the earth and the majority of people for profits, are packing up and thinking they are going to wait out a storm. But, this isn't a storm..this is a long emergency that will just keep winding down as long as there are any people left on earth. 

So, I don't believe this planet has enough left in it for another empire to rise up and try to conquer and run this world again. If China has hopes of replacing America as the pre-eminent capitalist world power, our dwindling resources, collapsing ecosystems and the rise of new, increasingly lethal diseases in a crowded world, will shortcircuit any attempt China might have of pushing aside the US and expanding its economic production and control of global trade. They will struggle to survive the near future, just like the rest of the people living in the wastes left behind by a gluttonous capitalist culture, that had no consideration for trying to live within nature's limits.

The future is going to look a lot more modest, even for those who have big dreams of great wealth and expansion. So, any wannabe John Galt's out there will have to find new planets to harvest for resources, because this one is just about spent!

China may well survive as a country because they have the deep state globalist Zionist cabal on their side. Just like the Wall Street banksters who backed and bankrolled the Bolshevik communist revolution in Russia in 1917, now those same gang of globalist communist Silicon Valley cabal thugs are backing China in everything they do. America has not started any new wars since Trump became President. China is pretty much moving into every Country that will let them in. 

Indeed, the globalists will be bailing out on their yachts or their private jets with their other globalist ilk cabal and head for their many private Caribbean type island getaways. It will be you and me and thee who will be left behind to have to pick up the pieces and the mess that they have created and now left behind like this false flag China virus, their BLM riots, and their attacks on the economies of the world. Since these crises started, the billionaire globalist have been making plenty of money. 

The globalist empire will prevail and will only get bigger if we the people do not start to wake the hell up that we are all under attack by those commie Chinese supporting globalists. Do you honestly believe that this pandemic was not an exercise to see how far and how much the globalists can push your buttons? They pretty much were able to shut  down the world. They forced people to stay home. They forced people to practice social distancing. They have forced many people in to wearing masks, and what did the stupid people do? They did what they were told to without question. Our dear comrade leaders, the lying media, and our lying health minsters and officials buffooned us all and are still trying to buffoon everybody. 

We do not need to wait for communist China to invade Canada. The Chinese are here already, and are being helped along by our dear comrade leaders, the media, and our health officials who are just loving all their now found power and control over we the people. You may not see or want to see the Chinese like communism going on here in Canada, but it sure looks like it to me. As long as social distancing is allowed to carry on we will never get our total freedoms back again, and be able to go watch a hockey or football game where we can sit with thousands, have a big party of over 50 or more people anymore or be able to go to a night club show or dance anymore. We are fast becoming a bunch of communist China like slaves day by day.

Mark my words. This is not over yet. If I have read my cards Chinese communist cards right, what is going on today is nothing compared to what will be coming for us in the fall. Watch out for October or November. Our comrade  politicians, and the media, and our health officials are already preparing us and have already pretty much have said that come this fall this false flag China virus could be worse. And sadly, the sheeple will once again believe the lies and what they will be told, and play this game all over again. 

There will be more Chinese like communism coming our way in the fall. I hope that you enjoy what freedom you have today. You may lose more of your freedom in the fall. Watch out for October or November. If social distancing is not gone by then that will be your sign that the end is near for freedom in Canada. Then there will be nothing that we can be able to do about China. All just my personal opinion of course. So, what say or think you? 

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Yes. Argus you made an allegation immigrant Canadians have the highest crime rates for violence then when I asked for the statistics admitted you have none and blamed the lack of statistics being caused by leftists.

I also showed you the RCMP and Toronto most wanted lists. You have steadfastly refused to address them. You also ignored the cites I did post from Macleans and from Fantino. You also ignored one of the cites which mentioned how statistics were banned because they might provide information to 'racists' which would only be the case if they WERE, in fact disproportionate.

hat was pathetic. You were caught red handed fabricating. Now you raise in an issue as to how to deal with Chinese policies a claim that Chinese agents are blackmailing and pressuring Chinese immigrants. That necessarily raises an issue of fearing Chinese Canadians. You chose to raise it as a fear when discussing the Chinese government.

I raised it as a concern about China interfering in Canada, taking over Chinese-language media in Canada, and intimidating and recruiting Chinese-Canadians. I said nothing directly about Chinese-Canadians and their loyalty. Although obviously with a powerful government like China working without interference to recruit them there have been obvious successes. As per my cite that showed 50 representatives of Chinese-language media in Canada traveling to China to meet with the United Front people, and a report from CSIS that China now controls most of the Chinese-language media in Canada. These are government agencies and reports.

My intention is not to suggest Chinese Canadians are disloyal but that they are being subjected to efforts by China and that Canada is doing and saying nothing about it.

In the past on this forum you have also questioned the loyalty of immigrants repeatedly claiming they  do not have the same values you want for this country. You havd repeat it every chance you can work it in a thread or issue. Your preoccupation with immigrants dominates your responses now.

By their nature foreigners do not have the same values as we do. The fact over 20% of Canadians are now foreign born, and that with the current numbers of immigrants that will rise to 50% within 25 years is very concerning to me, especially as they have arrived so quickly and in such numbers they cannot readily assimilate into our culture.

Now  you again smeer immigrants claiming the majority of people on wanted lists are immigrants.

They certainly appear to be.

Yah I knew you just threw that in because it what Argus? Because what?  Because it justifies your negative stereotyping of immigrants. So.. who keeps raising the immigrant issue Argus?

Well, right here and now, YOU. I was discussing China's interference in Canada, not really immigration.

So you have lists of immigrant suspects Argus. .finish it.  This isn't about Chinese agents in Canada . This is about Chinese immigrants and all immigrants you do not want in Canada.

You're a demented old fool who has no logic and whose thought processes have degraded to the point you are incapable of speaking intelligently.  Your ignorant ranting and brainless accusations have passed the point of my tolerance so I will put you into my ignore list with the other cranks and lunatics. You and Taxme deserve each other. I'm done with you.

Edited by Argus

18 hours ago, Rue said:

Yes. Argus you made an allegation immigrant Canadians have the highest crime rates for violence then when I asked for the statistics admitted you have none and blamed the lack of statistics being caused by leftists. That was pathetic. You were caught red handed fabricating. Now you raise in an issue as to how to deal with Chinese policies a claim that Chinese agents are blackmailing and pressuring Chinese immigrants. That necessarily raises an issue of fearing Chinese Canadians. You chose to raise it as a fear when discussing the Chinese government.

In the past on this forum you have also questioned the loyalty of immigrants repeatedly claiming they  do not have the same values you want for this country. You havd repeat it every chance you can work it in a thread or issue. Your preoccupation with immigrants dominates your responses now.

Now  you again smeer immigrants claiming the majority of people on wanted lists are immigrants. Yah I knew you just threw that in because it what Argus? Because what?  Because it justifies your negative stereotyping of immigrants. So.. who keeps raising the immigrant issue Argus? You think that half assed deflection to suggest I did works any better than that other dim-witted attempt to blame leftists when you got caught fabricating an allegation of immigrants having the highest violent crimes in Canada?Now twice you have repeated that immigrants are  the majority of suspects of crimes in Canada...and tell me Argus I should not derive from that you find immigrants suspect? Who you smeer immigrants?

So you have lists of immigrant suspects Argus. .finish it.  This isn't about Chinese agents in Canada . This is about Chinese immigrants and all immigrants you do not want in Canada.

Wanted list my ass you mean deportation list.

Save it Argus any semblance of respect I had for your posts long since disappeared in your litany of anti immigrant diatribes.

You piss on immigrants and then play victim when challenged.

Why does the left wing have such a love affair with china? They have treated us brutally and yet the liberals want to give them more. Can someone explain this to me?

On 6/12/2020 at 3:49 PM, Argus said:

Deleted

I argue You turned this thread into a pretense to fear monger about immigrants and the potential beliefs of immigrants. The theme is repeated in  your responses and I argue you use whatever political cause of the day you think you have to serve as the excuse.

Then when you are called out on it  you backpedal trying to hide from the comments you made and deflect back to the pretext you introduced them on. 

The RCMP did not ask for nor does it need you to tell it, its job orcgo tell or to crack down on anyone. Yourcreferencd to crackdown is not to agents and that us precisely shybyou refer go suspect lists of immigrants not agents or fabricated murder rates of immigrants.

The thread was about China as a country and how its trade practices and policies impact on its own citizens and the world and you now focus it on itsspying in Canada with the connection to Chinese immigrants.

You switched it to recruiting Chinese immigrants in Canada.

Now you try cover your miserable agenda acting as if you only meant Chinese agents give you a concern?

Your anti-immigration rants about immigrants being the most violent criminals in Canada and being the most suspect  in Canada preceded this thread and procedes this thread and tryi got detach this thread from anti immigrant comments in other threads will not removdcshat you said. I am calling you out on entire responses as to immigrants including in this thread.

Go on tell everyone. Finish it. You already stated Muslims need to be surveilled. How about Chinese now? What you want to pretend you only meant you are concerned with Chinese agents after claiming immigrants have the highest murder rates in Canada and are the most suspected of crimes? You are only concerned about Chinese agents? That is all you meant?

You accused without proof violent murderers and the majority of people being suspected of crime. Now you try paint me as politically correct for calling you out as an anti immigrant blow hard using this thread as yet another of many to couch your hatred and fear mongering. 

Enough is enough. 

Edited June 14

Edited by Rue

On 6/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, Argus said:

contents of quote deleted June 14

recruiting Chinese-Canadians. I said nothing directly about Chinese-Canadians

In regards to your suspect lists if you are not raising  fear about immigrants why do you raise them?

Read the above Argus.  It's a classic example of your cognitive dissonance.

As for your reference to me and Taxme Lol he is  supporting your views Argus not mine.

China's government policies impact negatively on its citizens much as they do Canadians. You want to start a thread on immigrants being the majority of murders and criminal suspects and  being recruited as spies start one. Go on.  People come here to get away from tyranical governments. They do  not need your smeers. You want use a thread on China to work in anti immigrant fear mongering I will challenge it.

Suspect lists.....in your world we fear immigrants for being murderers and criminal  suspects and crackdown on them. It's got  every thing to do with your take on immigrants or do you want to explain that Chinese don't use any other way but to sph  of using Chinese immigrants in Canada. 

China hacks into fire walls Argus. It breaks codes and uses satellites . What world do you live in? Most spying today is electronic. 

Edited June 14 .

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Charles Anthony said:

Folks, 

Do not re-copy the entirety of an other post.  The last posts are beyond ridiculous. 

If an explanation needs to be made, then you do not belong in this forum. 

Charles  I went back and edited three responses. I edited out certain personal references .  I could have done a far better job at responding. 

I am challenging opinions and words. I did not intend to inflamme just strongly respond to words.

By making your comment  public  I am compelled to acknowledge publically what you said and take full responsibility for my words. Folks means me in this case of course. 

I stand corrected at becoming too personal in responses. No excuses.

Thank you.

This was edited June 14

Edited by Rue

13 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

@Rue

Charles was not referring to your responses content he was referring to the quote's lengths. I got a warning too about that, he just wants us to trim the quote before responding so is easier to read.

Me  now get it.  Me went back and deleted some quotes. Lol.  

Give me a sec Indy..... you know the Canada I live in and admire was and is as defined by the sacrifice of its soldiers as well as the Montreal Canadiens and both are a mix of every  damn suspect imaginable.

So this shit today when I see someone  questioning  immigrants as being suspects leads me to say  then ut me on all the suspect  lists. 

As for China it's policies hurt its people  as much as it does us.  Its version  of communism is the issue.  It doesn't need to recruit Chinese immigrants . It recruits Canadians of all types. It recruits us openly with  jobs or buying out our  businesses or selling us cheap goods they can yank up the profit margin on after destroying its competitors.

The biggest recruits are we consumers buying its  products. 

We chose as consumers to buy the cheaper Chinese  versions  eradicating ur own products and businesses. We the consumers  are the recruited..not some  friggin Chinese immigrant...

So we now decide. If we do not like Chinese policies will we do without their products?

Edited by Rue

A private call from trudeau to XI informing him,that if the 2 micheals are not on Canadian soil in 1 week, Meng goes straight to a detention centre, leg irons and all. And right now I would take her ankle bracelet away and she can stay in her mansion till the paddy wagon comes to take her away.

Edited by PIK

5 hours ago, PIK said:

A private call from trudeau to XI informing him,that if the 2 micheals are not on Canadian soil in 1 week, Meng goes straight to a detention centre, leg irons and all. And right now I would take her ankle bracelet away and she can stay in her mansion till the paddy wagon comes to take her away.

Trudeau does not have the authority to order any such thing. No politician in Canada does. That's the thing with an independent judiciary. China has no such thing, so can arrest and hold anyone they want as long as they want, in any conditions they desire, try them on any charge, and get whatever finding they wish.

This is not an area where we can fight China. Any more than we can in terms of internet trolls, for example. China and Russia can spew thousands upon thousands of divisive messages into our internet social media every day. We have no ability to respond in kind because their internet systems and social media are rigidly controlled.

Another way in which the playing field is uneven is in their ability to find some problem or issue with imports from Canada - the latest being allegations of insects in lumber. Any agency or group in China will find whatever they are told to find. And no one will talk to the media or anyone else to say otherwise. That's not the case in the West. If Canada, or the US, was to order one of its safety agencies to find that, for example, Chinese clothing was filled with dangerous chemicals and needed to be banned, someone in those agencies would talk to the press saying the government had ordered them to make that finding. Other private sector actors, from big stores like Walmart to consumer protection agencies that do tests of clothing would rush to the media to say the government was lying and there was nothing wrong with imported Chinese clothing. Then the importers would go to the courts, and get the restriction lifted. So once again, the Chinese have the advantage.

Edited by Argus

7 hours ago, Argus said:

If Canada, or the US, was to order one of its safety agencies to find that, for example, Chinese clothing was filled with dangerous chemicals and needed to be banned, someone in those agencies would talk to the press saying the government had ordered them to make that finding. Other private sector actors, from big stores like Walmart to consumer protection agencies that do tests of clothing would rush to the media to say the government was lying and there was nothing wrong with imported Chinese clothing. Then the importers would go to the courts, and get the restriction lifted. So once again, the Chinese have the advantage.

You know I certainly have no desire to truck or trade with China's dictatorship but this sounds a lot more like our inabilities than China's ability.  It also sounds relatively easy to substantiate with evidence of some sort.  The numbers of people required to conspire in a coordinated manner to achieve this kowtowing must be large enough to have produced by now a few whistle-blowers or disgruntled employees motivated by politics so where are they? 

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2020 at 8:43 AM, Rue said:

Since the CCP is following these people, we should too.  Help and protection should be offered.

23 hours ago, PIK said:

Hand her over to the USA.

An excellent recital of what the Chinese have been up to in just the last few months, as they push against democratic norms and try to intimidate and bully other nations into allowing them to have their way.

From India’s Himalayan Border to Our Local Cell Networks, It’s Time to Push Back Against China

High in the Himalayan mountains, Chinese soldiers ambushed Indian troops this week, resulting in a brutal battle on the Indian side of their shared border. Twenty Indians were killed, while China won’t disclose its losses. It was the deadliest confrontation on the border in over 40 years. As a result, some Indian strategists are openly discussing recognizing Taiwan and providing more visibility to the Dalai Lama, state-owned telecoms are blocking Chinese equipment from 4G upgrades, and millions of Indians downloaded an app that helps remove Chinese apps from their phones (before Google removed it). All of this comes at a time when much of the world remains angry at China’s leaders for their initial handling of the COVID-19 crisis.

This week’s apparent provocation is part of a larger recent pattern with China. From the South China Sea, to Taiwan, to Hong Kong, Beijing has been seeking to change facts on the ground in a way that benefits its own strategic and economic interests. In a recent Atlantic Council discussion of the India-China border issue (convened before the latest fighting), senior American diplomat Ambassador Alice Wells summed the situation up well: “There’s a method here to Chinese operations. [A]nd it is that constant aggression, the constant attempt to shift the norms, to shift what is the status quo, that has to be resisted.”

https://quillette.com/2020/06/20/from-indias-himalayan-border-to-our-local-cell-networks-its-time-to-push-back-against-china/