What to do about China

Argus

2 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

The only weakness is the U.S. debt to China = $1.07 trillion as of December 2019.

China, like many other nations, needs foreign currency and debt exposure for trade.   The U.S. and China need each other, but Canada needs access to the U.S. export market far more.

3 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Stop using every chance you get, to insult Canada alright. We have a common enemy. We're in this together.

Canada is not going to lift a finger to do anything, we are perfectly happy with letting someone else do the heavy lifting...until we change our attitude, I say bend them over the table once more BC....

How are we in this again, by standing on the side lines shouting go USA go,  we don't live up to the minimum standards set out by NATO, nor do live up to the ABCA and new Zealand, defense pact , so I'm confused if we are in it together then what are we doing about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Independent1986 said:

Exactly, you spend the money and we enjoy the peace, for free. So we are taking advantage of you, I mean if I own a business and the security is done by another business for free why worry about it ? We let that for the Bushes, Cheney, Obama, Bill Clinton, Trump. 

On behalf of Canadians we do thank you. God Save the Queen. Close your eyes and imagine Dick Cheney then imagine the Queen it will help you understand the difference between our 2 nations. 

Now there is something to be proud of, being a free loader...for some reason Canadians get a great chuckle out of doing it... personally I think it's embarrassing, not sure why the rest of the g-8 nations have not gave us an ultimatum....do your part or get the f8888 out.

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Now there is something to be proud of, being a free loader...for some reason Canadians get a great chuckle out of doing it... personally I think it's embarrassing, not sure why the rest of the g-8 nations have not gave us an ultimatum....do your part or get the f8888 out.

With all due respect sir, if you are in military, last time I checked the Canadian Military, which has one of the highest pay in the world is being funded by the tax payers, by us people that WORK IN CANADA and if we are in the private industry we pay through our nose in taxes. I do respect the military, but the soldier is taught to be loyal to his country not a foreign power even if it is an allied. Is this attitude quite normal in the Canadian Forces ? Just curios.

Guest ProudConservative
42 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Canada is not going to lift a finger to do anything, we are perfectly happy with letting someone else do the heavy lifting...until we change our attitude, I say bend them over the table once more BC....

How are we in this again, by standing on the side lines shouting go USA go,  we don't live up to the minimum standards set out by NATO, nor do live up to the ABCA and new Zealand, defense pact , so I'm confused if we are in it together then what are we doing about it.

When I think about self respect. I ask myself why we still want China to make our masks? China sends 1 million faulty mask to us on purpose, yet we still ask them nicely to send in replacements. It's about time we stop being so cheap, and invest in our own factories, so out own citizens can make our own products. I saw this coming months ago. I don't understand why Trudeau can afford to give every Canadian who was working $2000 a month... for 4 months.... but we can't even make 25 cent surgical masks here in Canada?

Are we too lazy to redesign a few factories? Are we too stupid to figure out how to make n95 masks?

When we send all this money to China... we have to end up paying more on our military to protect us from China. We spend more on rehab programs, to help unemployed Canadians deal with their opiod addiction.

Now is not the time, to do Chinese bargain shopping.

The Average Canadian doesn't have to do heavy lifting. I have a sollution. When you see a T-shirt that says "Made in China" don't buy it. When you see a T-shirt that says "Made in Honduras" help them out.

Pretty soon transnational corporations like Walmart will notice, and source more products from outside China. The world will no longer have supply shocks do to an international emergency.

Read the label, and only buy from China... when there is no alternative.

Edited by ProudConservative

33 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

With all due respect sir, if you are in military, last time I checked the Canadian Military, which has one of the highest pay in the world is being funded by the tax payers, by us people that WORK IN CANADA and if we are in the private industry we pay through our nose in taxes. I do respect the military, but the soldier is taught to be loyal to his country not a foreign power even if it is an allied. Is this attitude quite normal in the Canadian Forces ? Just curios.

Was in the military, I'm retired, Yes it is one of the highest paid militaries in the world, you are aware that all military members pay taxes as well right at the same rate as the rest of Canadians that "work in Canada".... Nothing in Canada is funded by the tax payer, you pay your tax bill as required by law, just like you pay your electrical bill, water bill, cable bill, do you get a say in where those funds go.....after the government collects your taxes it spends them on what ever it wants...

I am grateful that I got to serve in our military, it's not the military that I have issue with....It's the government and it's citizens I have issue with...you talk about loyalty and most Canadians could not give 5 mins thought to it's military or it's members, you talk about being the highest paid, and yet we have some of the worse equipment in the world.. Modern equipment saves lives....but it is cheaper to bury soldiers than to equipped them with the right equipment..... we still have groups of vets taking the government  to court so they can collect the same benefits as regular Canadians do.. There are vets that still have to prove their missing limbs did not grow back overt the year, prior to getting some benefits. Loyalty works both ways , and does not stop just because you paid you tax bill, nor is it guaranteed because I wore the flag on my shoulder...My loyalty lies with Queen, the Regiment, and comrades in arms, family and friends.  

A lot of Members feel betrayed by government and taxpayers...They love their jobs and would give their lives to protect the men and women on the left and right of them..

Edited by Army Guy

Guest ProudConservative
14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Was in the military, I'm retired, Yes it is one of the highest paid militaries in the world, you are aware that all military members pay taxes as well right at the same rate as the rest of Canadians that "work in Canada".... Nothing in Canada is funded by the tax payer, you pay your tax bill as required by law, just like you pay your electrical bill, water bill, cable bill, do you get a say in where those funds go.....after the government collects your taxes it spends them on what ever it wants...

I am grateful that I got to serve in our military, it's not the military that I have issue with....It's the government and it's citizens I have issue with...you talk about loyalty and most Canadians could not give 5 mins thought to it's military or it's members, you talk about being the highest paid, and yet we have some of the worse equipment in the world.. Modern equipment saves lives....but it is cheaper to bury soldiers than to equipped them with the right equipment..... we still have groups of vets taking the military to court so they can collect the same benefits as regular Canadians do.. There are vets that still have to prove their missing limbs did not grow back overt the year, prior to getting some benefits. Loyalty works both ways , and does not stop just because you paid you tax bill, nor is it guaranteed because I wore the flag on my shoulder...My loyalty lies with Queen, the Regiment, and comrades in arms, family and friends.  

A lot of Members feel betrayed by government and taxpayers...They love their jobs and would give their lives to protect the men and women on the left and right of them..

I was one of the dicks, on rare occasion was extreamly hard on the military. I believed if the solders didn't follow the invasion orders, there would of been no war. I thought shaming would be a deterant against future wars. Not fare to make you guys scapegoat, just because we didn't support the Invasion of Afghanistand and Iraq. People like us need to realize that it's psycologically tormenting to vets, and it's immoral.

Why am I saying this. To come clean, and admit I was wrong.

Guest ProudConservative

Funny thing is i'm anti war, yet right now... part of me wants the entire world to come together and bomb the shit out of China.

27 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I was one of the dicks, on rare occasion was extreamly hard on the military. I believed if the solders didn't follow the invasion orders, there would of been no war. I thought shaming would be a deterant against future wars. Not fare to make you guys scapegoat, just because we didn't support the Invasion of Afghanistand and Iraq. People like us need to realize that it's psycologically tormenting to vets, and it's immoral.

Why am I saying this. To come clean, and admit I was wrong.

I would not get to bent out of shape over it, their are still millions that feel that way, until Canadians put this in the top 10 list nothing will change.

Guest ProudConservative
8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I would not get to bent out of shape over it, their are still millions that feel that way, until Canadians put this in the top 10 list nothing will change.

I understand the how the liberal thinks... because I was in their think-tanks... They think the vets were apart of Bush's invasion of the mideast to get oil. That's what you're up against. Sometimes ya got to let it go... leave the past behind.

But change policy, so the future generation of soliders get the respect the deserve.

When you say stuff like "It's cheaper to bury a soldier than get them equipment" That embarrses the establishment. It embarrases the average Canadian. It's an effective way of telling the truth.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, ProudConservative said:

American use to have 9mt Titan missles. 30 timex more powerful than our their dinky minuteman 3.

Here's what it would do to Beijing.

Everything is yellow goes back to the stone age... By the way i'm joking :)

Notice how China did not need to fire a single shot while infecting the world with a virus.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, ProudConservative said:

If you want to stick it to China, don't buy their products whenever their is an alternative. If you see a T-Shirt made in Honduras, and not made in China.... but the one made in Houdurus... If everyone did that... Walmart would take notice, and only source their products from countries outside China. That would force transnational corporations to re-route their supply lines, and China gets F@cked... Sounds good to me.

Simply replacing one slave labour market for another.

22 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...I will not stop....Canada has a habit of contributing far less but expecting far more of others.   Insulting the U.S. is a popular sport in Canada.

Screw that....you wanna fight China...go for it.   Send in Trudeau with his mismatched battle socks...that should make the Chinese laugh themselves to death.

At least Trudeau knows when to step aside and let the medical professionals speak. 

23 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Well my friend in the Miltary is still crying over not being able to bomb Iran... It turns out, he's still holding a grudge about the hostage thing from 40 years ago. I said wake the F up... China has done 1000 times more damage to America than Iran. China is flooding the American streets with fentanyl. You don't see Iran trying to get Americans to overdose on drugs.

Your friend should be more interested in wanting to bomb China and not Iran. Wake up alright. On top of the Fentanyl being dumped on American and Canadians, and killing thousands of them every year, no one here wants to talk about the Chinese communists who are still holding two innocent Canadians hostages and locked up in one of their communist gulags. And it would appear as though comrade Trudeau and many members here could careless about that. Instead of attacking comrade Trudeau and wondering why the buffoon has not done a thing about those two Canadians being held as hostages many members here prefer to go after Trump over everything he says or does. Sad indeed. I have no love for Iran but I have even less love for communist China. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, Argus said:

What kind of a country is China? A country which threatens to stop selling PPE gear to the Netherlands, calling it 'chewing gum under our foot' because the country renamed a trade mission to Taiwan. A country which threatens Australia with a trade halt and a ban on Chinese students simply because Australia calls for an international investigation into the origin and early missteps of the covid19 virus. Not only is China showing not the least hint of responsibility for the virus which has spread around the world it's arrogance and ignorance only seems to have grown more pronounced. Someone should ask Trudeau if he still admires their 'basic dictatorship'.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-with-angry-words-around-the-world-china-uses-covid-19-pandemic-to/

And what kind of country is America? The capitalist paradise you worship, has further revealed its evil intentions during the Pandemic....stealing and outbidding PPE supplies destined for other countries- INCLUDING CANADA!!! 

But, since you ask, our spine-free prime minister is going to give them a stern talking to: he says "he’s working with the U.S. and is following up on this specific issue. He says he knows the needs are great in the U.S. but says it’s the same in Canada.

There! That out a show those Yankee vultures...who don't know how to prepare for a crisis that we all have been long warned was coming our way.

The US has been stealing from other nations they expect to be allies, like France and Germany; and even poor countries they've deliberately made destitute like Haiti, for christs sakes!

11 hours ago, taxme said:

Your friend should be more interested in wanting to bomb China and not Iran. Wake up alright. On top of the Fentanyl being dumped on American and Canadians, and killing thousands of them every year, no one here wants to talk about the Chinese communists who are still holding two innocent Canadians hostages and locked up in one of their communist gulags. And it would appear as though comrade Trudeau and many members here could careless about that. Instead of attacking comrade Trudeau and wondering why the buffoon has not done a thing about those two Canadians being held as hostages many members here prefer to go after Trump over everything he says or does. Sad indeed. I have no love for Iran but I have even less love for communist China. 

Goddammed Americans and Canadian koolaid drinkers just can't run out of foreign enemies to attack: 

China Cracks Down on Fentanyl. But Is It Enough to End the U.S. Epidemic? 

Dec. 1, 2019

XINGTAI, China — An online pharmacy advertising itself as a seller of “high purity, real pure” fentanyl still responds right away to potential customers.

“Which products do you want to buy,” a salesperson replied within a minute to an inquiry in English on WhatsApp, the encrypted messaging service.But when contacted from an American telephone number and asked about the availability of fentanyl, the synthetic opioid fueling an epidemic killing tens of thousands of Americans a year, the seller demurred.“I don’t sell any more.”

Until recently, much of the illicit fentanyl that found its way to the United States came like this: easily ordered online from a source in China and seamlessly shipped by international delivery companies, including the United States Postal Service.Fentanyl sourced from China accounted for 97 percent of the drug seized from international mail services by United States law enforcement in both the 2016 and 2017 fiscal years, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Thanks for reading The Times.

Subscribe to The Times

Now, China’s Communist government is taking steps to stop the flood, as the country’s leader, Xi Jinping, promised President Trump he would do.

Okay, happy now? This story tells me that the fentanyl sales were being done by Chines freeenterprizers...NOT the Chinese Government! And they have cracked down on the distributors in their nation. NOW, what is the US doing about American big pharma companies that have been selling fentanyl and other synthetic opioids through doctors and pharmacists they encourage with big bonuses.  I guess that's the part of the story the NY Times writer asks: but is it enough to end the US epidemic?

6 hours ago, Right To Left said:

And what kind of country is America? The capitalist paradise you worship,

I worship America? Are you on drugs?

6 hours ago, Right To Left said:

The US has been stealing from other nations they expect to be allies, like France and Germany; and even poor countries they've deliberately made destitute like Haiti, for christs sakes!

France and Germany both banned the export of PPE gear at the start of this crisis. They're not exactly innocent.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

I worship America? Are you on drugs?

France and Germany both banned the export of PPE gear at the start of this crisis. They're not exactly innocent.

Note that you cut off my quote mentioning Canada and our PM's limpwristed response to US thievery. Would this shit be tolerated by any other country in the world? 

But, you're afraid of the inevitable conclusion that the US has no value for any allies....including us! And we should have charted our own course in the world like Chretien promised/but reneged on back in the 80's.

As the US collapses, whether it's a re-elected Trump or a clown like Biden behind the wheel, the US will continue trying to devour the wealth of all other nations-- allies or adversaries be damned! Once again, Ahmurika is our greatest threat! And we should have continued the less financially rewarding independent course, instead of becoming a US colony!

13 hours ago, Right To Left said:

And what kind of country is America? The capitalist paradise you worship, has further revealed its evil intentions during the Pandemic....stealing and outbidding PPE supplies destined for other countries- INCLUDING CANADA!!! 

But, since you ask, our spine-free prime minister is going to give them a stern talking to: he says "he’s working with the U.S. and is following up on this specific issue. He says he knows the needs are great in the U.S. but says it’s the same in Canada.

There! That out a show those Yankee vultures...who don't know how to prepare for a crisis that we all have been long warned was coming our way.

Christ, why can't you say American deep state globalists and the deep state democrats who are making America and the average Americans look like a bunch of warmongers.  Start putting the blame where it belongs. All people like you ever want to do is constantly attack and mock Trump. When Obama was president no one attacked that ahole, and yet he was one of the worse presidents ever. Obama tried to use the FBI to bring down Trump. Trump stands up to China. Obama probably kissed Chinese asses every day, and it is China that is doing the stealing from other nations. Stop listening to CNN and MSNBC and the CBC. Try and get the other side of the news and the story for a change. :P

3 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

Note that you cut off my quote mentioning Canada and our PM's limpwristed response to US thievery. Would this shit be tolerated by any other country in the world? 

But, you're afraid of the inevitable conclusion that the US has no value for any allies....including us! And we should have charted our own course in the world like Chretien promised/but reneged on back in the 80's.

As the US collapses, whether it's a re-elected Trump or a clown like Biden behind the wheel, the US will continue trying to devour the wealth of all other nations-- allies or adversaries be damned! Once again, Ahmurika is our greatest threat! And we should have continued the less financially rewarding independent course, instead of becoming a US colony!

Hey, do you have anything to say about those two Canadians that were kidnapped and who now being held hostage in some communist Chinese gulag for well over a year now? Your dear comrade leader Trudeau seems to have forgotten all about those two. This limp wristed comrade leader of Canada could careless about those two Canadians. I guess that is actions towards Canada always shows that he does not give a shit about Canada or Canadians. Trudeau loves and admires his China. 

Funny how I am the only one here that brings this up from time to time abaout those two Canadians in the gulag. Why some Canadians come on here and like to pretend that they give a chit about this or about that is such a joke. Canadians do not care about anything but their lazy ass selves. This country is going to ruin but all they seem to want to do is bitch about Trump. China is the gawd dam enemy, not Trump, fools. :o

10 minutes ago, taxme said:

Christ, why can't you say American deep state globalists and the deep state democrats who are making America and the average Americans look like a bunch of warmongers.  Start putting the blame where it belongs. All people like you ever want to do is constantly attack and mock Trump. When Obama was president no one attacked that ahole, and yet he was one of the worse presidents ever. Obama tried to use the FBI to bring down Trump. Trump stands up to China. Obama probably kissed Chinese asses every day, and it is China that is doing the stealing from other nations. Stop listening to CNN and MSNBC and the CBC. Try and get the other side of the news and the story for a change. :P

Okay, I don't see the point of your post! I see Obama to Trump as part of a continuity of government/not something radically different, regardless of who your favorite team is. The only reason why a lot of deep state players who have been greatly enriched by Trump's tax cuts and gifts like the latest CARES program, is because he's stupid and boorish. Sometimes they are entertained by how he talks to foreign leaders, but they don't like having a buffoon as their rep in the White House.

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Hey, do you have anything to say about those two Canadians that were kidnapped and who now being held hostage in some communist Chinese gulag for well over a year now? Your dear comrade leader Trudeau seems to have forgotten all about those two. This limp wristed comrade leader of Canada could careless about those two Canadians. I guess that is actions towards Canada always shows that he does not give a shit about Canada or Canadians. Trudeau loves and admires his China. 

Funny how I am the only one here that brings this up from time to time abaout those two Canadians in the gulag. Why some Canadians come on here and like to pretend that they give a chit about this or about that is such a joke. Canadians do not care about anything but their lazy ass selves. This country is going to ruin but all they seem to want to do is bitch about Trump. China is the gawd dam enemy, not Trump, fools. :o

How many Canadians are being held in US prisons right now?  And NO, I reflexively avoid news stories that look like useful propaganda for those in power over here. That's why I also haven't bothered to weigh in on these Hong Kong demos that are starting up again, now that they've ended their social distancing and quarantine policies. 

There are some almost drowned out voices on the marginalized, independent left, who are calling HK an astroturf uprising similar to the color revolutions in Kiev, Georgia, Egypt, Syria etc., but there are only so many hours in the day, and I don't have time to explore every topic that comes up. 

20 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

I've criticized Trudeau on many issues, but there's not a lot of point in trying to take a principled stand with an unprincipled president.

20 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

I would be far happier if Canada was less reliant on the US market and trade with them. But the fact of the matter is Canada's productivity is low, and it's growth rate even lower. We demand a high level of social services and a high pay rate for employees, along with strict environmental laws. This means anything we make will cost more than what other countries can make, including the US, given their larger size adn the efficiencies that brings. The only real advantage we have is raw resources, but the Liberal Party has been doing its best to shut them down since taking office.

36 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

Okay, I don't see the point of your post! I see Obama to Trump as part of a continuity of government/not something radically different, regardless of who your favorite team is. The only reason why a lot of deep state players who have been greatly enriched by Trump's tax cuts and gifts like the latest CARES program, is because he's stupid and boorish. Sometimes they are entertained by how he talks to foreign leaders, but they don't like having a buffoon as their rep in the White House.

You are a typical Canadian, and what is typical with most Canadians like you is that you are totally clueless with just about everything, and never get the real point. Most Canadians like you seem to only want to talk about Trump. There are plenty of worse leaders in the world that you could talk about but with you and those other dumb azz Canadians out there Trump is the worse of them all. What your problem is and the rest of that hate Trump Canadian crowd is that you listen way too much to CNN, MSNBC, and the CBC who never have anything good to say about Trump. Trump is far from being stupid and boorish but you appear to be both of them. Just saying. 

I have leftist liberal Canadian friends like you who have no problem butting into American affairs, but when Americans butt into Canadian affairs, they are pretty much there to tell those Americans to mind their own business. While Canada burns under the dictatorship of Trudeau and the Chinese communists, it's all about let's go get Trump. Most Canadians make me want to puke at most times. The magnitude of their hypocrisy is incredible. Trump has the ability to be able to stand up to other world leaders where your dear comrade leader will get down on his knees if he has to in order to try and get their blessings, and allow them to steal more of our tax dollars from we the people of Canukistan. Get the point yet? ;)

Edited by taxme

23 minutes ago, taxme said:

You are a typical Canadian, and what is typical with most Canadians like you is that you are totally clueless with just about everything, and never get the real point. Most Canadians like you seem to only want to talk about Trump. There are plenty of worse leaders in the world that you could talk about but with you and those other dumb azz Canadians out there Trump is the worse of them all. What your problem is and the rest of that hate Trump Canadian crowd is that you listen way too much to CNN, MSNBC, and the CBC who never have anything good to say about Trump. Trump is far from being stupid and boorish but you appear to be both of them. Just saying. 

I have leftist liberal Canadian friends like you who have no problem butting into American affairs, but when Americans butt into Canadian affairs, they are pretty much there to tell those Americans to mind their own business. While Canada burns under the dictatorship of Trudeau and the Chinese communists, it's all about let's go get Trump. Most Canadians make me want to puke at most times. The magnitude of their hypocrisy is incredible. Trump has the ability to be able to stand up to other world leaders where your dear comrade leader will get down on his knees if he has to in order to try and get their blessings, and allow them to steal more of our tax dollars from we the people of Canukistan. Get the point yet? ;)

I still have dual citizenship through my US-born mother, and lived for 9 years in the US before returning to Canada. So, I know how your system works better than most Americans do!

But, the main reason I'm "butting in" is like so many other outsiders now, who have been less mesmerized by America's self-made mythologized history and especially now, see the US as the most dangerous nation in the world, because of its outsized military and continued intentions to destroy any challengers it sees on the horizon...like China!