What to do about China

Argus

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of a country is China? A country which threatens to stop selling PPE gear to the Netherlands, calling it 'chewing gum under our foot' because the country renamed a trade mission to Taiwan. A country which threatens Australia with a trade halt and a ban on Chinese students simply because Australia calls for an international investigation into the origin and early missteps of the covid19 virus. Not only is China showing not the least hint of responsibility for the virus which has spread around the world it's arrogance and ignorance only seems to have grown more pronounced. Someone should ask Trudeau if he still admires their 'basic dictatorship'.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-with-angry-words-around-the-world-china-uses-covid-19-pandemic-to/

On 1/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, eyeball said:

I wonder how many wealthy westerners have availed themselves of this service?  Surely China has kept a record - I bet the Panama Papers and Jeffery Epstein's list of filthy customers are probably just a puddle of sordidness compared to the ocean of admirers China's dictatorship is swimming in.

Can anyone think of a dystopian fiction that even comes close to the reality we actually live in?

All the sci-fi I watched as a kid prepared me for this. Even the worst B rate sci-fi from the 50s ad 60s told us this would happen!

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

What kind of a country is China? A country which threatens to stop selling PPE gear to the Netherlands, calling it 'chewing gum under our foot' because the country renamed a trade mission to Taiwan. A country which threatens Australia with a trade halt and a ban on Chinese students simply because Australia calls for an international investigation into the origin and early missteps of the covid19 virus. Not only is China showing not the least hint of responsibility for the virus which has spread around the world it's arrogance and ignorance only seems to have grown more pronounced. Someone should ask Trudeau if he still admires their 'basic dictatorship'.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-with-angry-words-around-the-world-china-uses-covid-19-pandemic-to/

The West's troops should all wear a mask of Li Wenliang when then eventually go toe to toe with China's troops.  We should be naming schools in his honour.

Coronavirus: Whistle-blower Dr Li Wenliang confirmed dead of the ...

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

I find it astounding the amount of side stepping our collective leaders have been on this whole issue. Delaying action while waiting for the WHO to say what is what. And then our leaders failing, each in their own special way on how they handled the problem. The optics from the west appear to be verify different from the Asian Pacific nations who have no problem calling China out for what they are. Why are our leaders hesitant to do so? They clearly want to, but they know China has the capacity and the nerve to make things difficult for nations that rely on them for much of manufacturing via slave labour. China is holding those nations hostage because of it. And I hope this means Canada will bring more manufacturing back to Canada. We simply cannot trust what comes out of the Chinese Communist Party.

21 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

We simply cannot trust what comes out of the Chinese Communist Party.

We cannot trust what comes out of the Communist Party in China for the same reason we cannot trust political parties of many stripes in many countries. Politicians who put their own interests first.  A political party is just a thing, what people do is what matters. 

This outbreak's severity is strictly the fault of one short-sighted individual who failed to do the right thing, Xi Jinping.  Li Wenglian represents everything that is wrong about the relationship between the governed and their governments.  Losing sight of that will mean he died in vain and the politicians win.  The Trudeau's and the Trump's of the world have little more in common with Li Wenglian than we do with Xi Jinping.  About the only thing we can say we all have in common is that we're not petunia's. 

Guest ProudConservative

American use to have 9mt Titan missles. 30 timex more powerful than our their dinky minuteman 3.

19.thumb.jpg.090dd376c61ba02245903b1780dad7d8.jpg

Here's what it would do to Beijing.

image.thumb.png.29353cce113c202171d17bf387829fd6.png

Everything is yellow goes back to the stone age... By the way i'm joking :)

image.thumb.png.3ce4d5d08a4cc652cc94bab3b06beca2.png

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

If you want to stick it to China, don't buy their products whenever their is an alternative. If you see a T-Shirt made in Honduras, and not made in China.... but the one made in Houdurus... If everyone did that... Walmart would take notice, and only source their products from countries outside China. That would force transnational corporations to re-route their supply lines, and China gets F@cked... Sounds good to me.

14 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

If you want to stick it to China, don't buy their products whenever their is an alternative. If you see a T-Shirt made in Honduras, and not made in China.... but the one made in Houdurus... If everyone did that... Walmart would take notice, and only source their products from countries outside China. That would force transnational corporations to re-route their supply lines, and China gets F@cked... Sounds good to me.

If you want to stick it to China you're missing the point.  We want to stick it to politicians and political parties that put their individual interests above everyone else's.  Xi Jinping screwed China along with the rest of us.  

Guest ProudConservative
16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If you want to stick it to China you're missing the point.  We want to stick it to politicians and political parties that put their individual interests above everyone else's.  Xi Jinping screwed China along with the rest of us.  

Infighting is a distraction. We should all united and destory the CCP. Death by 1000 cuts. The world unites to drain their economic blood. The Australians are already at the front lines. We need to join them.

48 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

American use to have 9mt Titan missles. 30 timex more powerful than our their dinky minuteman 3.

Here's what it would do to Beijing.

Everything is yellow goes back to the stone age... By the way i'm joking :)

Canada use to have neither.....and I am not joking.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:39 AM, Zeitgeist said:

Probably a trading block like the one Conrad Black recommends, for example, of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, and Singapore, would provide additional leverage against China, which will overtake the US in economic size, as well as Europe.  

Someone should inform Lord Black that the British Empire died in 1956 and ain’t coming back. The best way to negotiate with China would be for Asia, North America and Europe to speak with one voice through EU-TPP but there is no hope of that at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Someone should inform Lord Black that the British Empire died in 1956 and ain’t coming back. The best way to negotiate with China would be for Asia, North America and Europe to speak with one voice through EU-TPP but there is no hope of that at the moment. 

Hong Kong was a British colony that remains a democratic wedge into mainland China.  The Commonwealth, at least big parts of it, can be a powerful and important democratic block. TPP and Europe (CETA with Canada) are important forces that will become more important as the US continues down a more self-absorbed road and China continues to rise economically.   

Edited by Zeitgeist

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hong Kong was a British colony that remains a democratic wedge into mainland China.  The Commonwealth, at least big parts of it, can be a powerful and important democratic block. TPP and Europe (CETA with Canada) are important forces that will become more important as the US continues down a more self-absorbed road and China continues to rise economically.   

Maybe, but the opposite happened after WW2 with regional trade preferences between member nations.   The UK joined the EU and has most recently become more "self-absorbed".     Canada and Australia have more trade with non-member USA than with any other Commonwealth nation.

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Not until Trump is gone at any rate.

Guest ProudConservative

I just got off the phone with my friend deep inside the US military. I asked him why they arn't showing solidarity with Australia calling for a world investigation into China. He told me Trump is scared, and that they don't want China start a war. He said Australia is being foolish, because China can retaliate in ways, they can't even imagine. He just admited that America thinks China is too powerful, and so America is trying to appease China for stablity.

Guest ProudConservative
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not even after Trump is gone....China has already declared its objectives and established trade agreements.

Don't let Australia stand on their own. They have jumped into the front lines. Canada and the US needs to show them solidarity.

Guest ProudConservative

China is like the liberal establishment. They want us dependent on them. They use tools like debt-trap deplomacy. Liberals use tools like vote buying. It's the same shit.

Just now, ProudConservative said:

Don't let Australia stand on their own. They have jumped into the front lines. Canada and the US needs to show them solidarity.

Canada decided to be a military deadbeat long ago....don't get brave now and expect Australia or the United States to do the things that Canada refuses to do as well.    The U.S. and Australia already have a military alliance (ANZUS) and trade agreement.

How many Canadian ships and submarines are in the South China Sea ?   How many aircraft in the region ?   How many troops in South Korea, Japan, or Australia ?   

Guest ProudConservative
5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada decided to be a military deadbeat long ago....don't get brave now and expect Australia or the United States to do the things that Canada refuses to do as well.    The U.S. and Australia already have a military alliance (ANZUS) and trade agreement.

How many Canadian ships and submarines are in the South China Sea ?   How many aircraft in the region ?   How many troops in South Korea, Japan, or Australia ?   

You're right... We have been freeloaders, and pathetic. We have to admit our shortcomings, if we are to defeat a common enemy. We must help out, in the best ways we can. It doesn't mean we can afford to build aircraft carriers... but we need to pull more of our own weight. It's time for Canada to come clean about their B.S. towards the States. We don't have time for infighting, so we have to shollow our pride and admit when we're wrong. Why did you decommision those 9mt Titans?

On 1/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, eyeball said:

I wonder how many wealthy westerners have availed themselves of this service?  Surely China has kept a record - I bet the Panama Papers and Jeffery Epstein's list of filthy customers are probably just a puddle of sordidness compared to the ocean of admirers China's dictatorship is swimming in.

Can anyone think of a dystopian fiction that even comes close to the reality we actually live in?

I will bet that all of the scumbags that played with Epstein are probably very happy these days with all of this China virus going on these days. It is keeping the media off their scumbag backs. Some I am sure are breathing a great sigh of relief for now. They will probably also want to help keep this virus stuff going to help keep the cops from knocking on their doors. Knock-knock!! :D

Guest ProudConservative
8 minutes ago, taxme said:

I will bet that all of the scumbags that played with Epstein are probably very happy these days with all of this China virus going on these days. It is keeping the media off their scumbag backs. Some I am sure are breathing a great sigh of relief for now. They will probably also want to help keep this virus stuff going to help keep the cops from knocking on their doors. Knock-knock!! :D

Well my friend in the Miltary is still crying over not being able to bomb Iran... It turns out, he's still holding a grudge about the hostage thing from 40 years ago. I said wake the F up... China has done 1000 times more damage to America than Iran. China is flooding the American streets with fentanyl. You don't see Iran trying to get Americans to overdose on drugs.

5 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

You're right... We have been freeloaders, and pathetic. We have to admit our shortcomings, if we are to defeat a common enemy. We must help out, in the best ways we can. It doesn't mean we can afford to build aircraft carriers... but we need to pull more of our own weight. It's time for Canada to come clean about their B.S. towards the States. We don't have time for infighting, so we have to shollow our pride and admit when we're wrong. Why did you decommision those 9mt Titans?

Doesn't matter what I think....those are/were Canada's choices, so live with them.   Don't expect the United States (or Australia) to do the heavy lifting against China.  Trump has already engaged China on trade like no other national leader.

The Titan I/II ICBMs were decommissioned because they used dangerous liquid/hypergolic propellants and better targeting precision was possible with more modern ballistic missiles.   Large yield warheads are not necessary when more warheads can be deployed with better precision.