Decisive Contribution to Victory in WW2

20 hours ago, mazerunner said:
Nevertheless, it is the Germans who are still ashamed of their fascist past, moreover, it was the Stalin`s USSR that destroyed Nazism.

What a crock of shit, perhaps you should visit Europe where the allied grave sites that number in the hundreds and contain thousands of troops that would suggest that Herr Stalin did not destroy Nazism by himself.... He had a lot of help.. Anything else would be a lie...

Still wonder what the world would be like if Patton got his way and continued WWII right into mother Russia...Russia under Stalin's command managed to surpass the numbers  killed by the Nazis by some est 8 million people , no wonder Patton was tossing around the idea to continue the war and invade mother Russia....

https://historyofrussia.org/stalin-killed-how-many-people/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

Many historians have argued that the battle of Stalingrad was a major turning point in ww2, but as I mentioned earlier it would not have happened if the germans did not attempt to invade russia.

Would have been a very different world today, no cold war and all.  

What? Of course the Battle of Stalingrad would have not happened had the Germans not invaded Russia.

But they did...and it did.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

What a crock of shit, perhaps you should visit Europe where the allied grave sites that number in the hundreds and contain thousands of troops that would suggest that Herr Stalin did not destroy Nazism by himself.... He had a lot of help.. Anything else would be a lie...

Still wonder what the world would be like if Patton got his way and continued WWII right into mother Russia...Russia under Stalin's command managed to surpass the numbers  killed by the Nazis by some est 8 million people , no wonder Patton was tossing around the idea to continue the war and invade mother Russia....

As we discussed last night (Oct 7th), the USSR needed America to conduct its great offensives. The Soviets had almost no rubber...almost no gasoline...a chronic shortage of trucks and an appetite for steel, copper & aluminium that they couldn't fulfill themselves...hello USA & Lend Lease. 

Map_US_Lend_Lease_shipments_to_USSR-WW2.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

As we discussed last night (Oct 7th), the USSR needed America to conduct its great offensives. The Soviets had almost no rubber...almost no gasoline...a chronic shortage of trucks and an appetite for steel, copper & aluminium that they couldn't fulfill themselves...hello USA & Lend Lease. 

Map_US_Lend_Lease_shipments_to_USSR-WW2.

Wrong.  Russia was on the defensive.  Reverse lend lease is always left out for some reason.  But anyway commies suck, nazis suck.  Yadda yadda.  

The Soviet bomber force, the Aviatsiya Dal'nego Deystviya (Long Range Aviation; ADD), having taken crippling losses over the past 18 months, was restricted to flying at night. The Soviets flew 11,317 night sorties over Stalingrad and the Don-bend sector between 17 July and 19 November. These raids caused little damage and were of nuisance value only.[2]:82[78]:265

On 8 November, substantial units from Luftflotte 4 were withdrawn to combat the Allied landings in North Africa. The German air arm found itself spread thinly across Europe, struggling to maintain its strength in the other southern sectors of the Soviet-German front.[Note 7]

As historian Chris Bellamy notes, the Germans paid a high strategic price for the aircraft sent into Stalingrad: the Luftwaffe was forced to divert much of its air strength away from the oil-rich Caucasus, which had been Hitler's original grand-strategic objective.[79]

The Royal Romanian Air Force was also involved in the Axis air operations at Stalingrad. Starting 23 October 1942, Romanian pilots flew a total of 4,000 sorties, during which they destroyed 61 Soviet aircraft. The Romanian Air Force lost 79 aircraft, most of them captured on the ground along with their airfields.[80]

9 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Wrong.  Russia was on the defensive.  Reverse lend lease is always left out for some reason.  But anyway commies suck, nazis suck.  Yadda yadda.  

Reverse Lend Lease? What are you on about? No such thing existed.

The USSR first went on the OFFENSIVE starting in late 1941...right after the Germans failed before Moscow.

The massive German Summer of 42 campaign in Army Group South's region failed to accomplish its goals of capturing Russia's oil fields and drew them into the fatal Battle of Stalingrad. Then, in 43, Kursk happened which was the German's swan song...it was ALL downhill for Jerry after that.

https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/gi-roundtable-series/pamphlets/em-13-how-shall-lend-lease-accounts-be-settled-(1945)/how-much-help-do-we-get-via-reverse-lend-lease

On 22 June 1941, Hitler launched an invasion of the Soviet Union. Stalin was confident that the total Alliedwar machine would eventually stop Germany,[5] and with Lend Lease from the West, the Soviets stopped the Wehrmacht some 30 kilometers from Moscow. Over the next four years, the Soviet Union repulsed Axis offensives, such as at the Battle of Stalingradand the Battle of Kursk, and pressed forward to victory in large Soviet offensives, such as the Vistula–Oder Offensive.

please get an education.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

I live in Toronto Canada, fyi.

If you say so.

Though diminutive in comparison

Pretty much nothing...on returning American/British ships to boot. In other words, had the UK/USA not been supplying the USSR's needs, via Lend Lease already, none of that would have been shipped to the USA. It's all part of the USA/UK's program. Not something independent of Lend Lease as you suggested.

7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

If you say so.

Pretty much nothing...on returning American/British ships to boot. In other words, had the UK/USA not been supplying the USSR's needs, via Lend Lease already, none of that would have been shipped to the USA. It's all part of the USA/UK's program. Not something independent of Lend Lease as you suggested.

Would you like to see my driver's license?  Or perhaps my voter card that came in the mail last week?  

That was the deal they made with the Soviets because of the necessity.  Four years of defensive action can be quite expensive.  

https://www.rbth.com/defence/2016/03/14/lend-lease-how-american-supplies-aided-the-ussr-in-its-darkest-hour_575559

After the end of WWII the U.S. asked countries to pay for the civilian supplies they received (steamboats, trucks, power plants). The U.S. believed that the USSR had to pay $1.3 billion, yet Soviet government officials said they could only pay $170 million.

Obviously, the U.S. did not accept these conditions, which led to talks in 1972 at which the two countries signed an agreement whereby the USSR was obliged to pay the U.S. $722 million by 2001.

2 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Would you like to see my driver's license?  Or perhaps my voter card that came in the mail last week?  

That was the deal they made with the Soviets because of the necessity.  Four years of defensive action can be quite expensive.  

https://www.rbth.com/defence/2016/03/14/lend-lease-how-american-supplies-aided-the-ussr-in-its-darkest-hour_575559

After the end of WWII the U.S. asked countries to pay for the civilian supplies they received (steamboats, trucks, power plants). The U.S. believed that the USSR had to pay $1.3 billion, yet Soviet government officials said they could only pay $170 million.

Obviously, the U.S. did not accept these conditions, which led to talks in 1972 at which the two countries signed an agreement whereby the USSR was obliged to pay the U.S. $722 million by 2001.

You're free to have a fantasy where the USSR did everything and the rest of the Allies did nothing. Aid to the USSR was Lease as opposed to Lend. And as your Wikipedia page tells...the Commies were poor at paying what was due.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to have a fantasy where the USSR did everything and the rest of the Allies did nothing. Aid to the USSR was Lease as opposed to Lend. And as your Wikipedia page tells...the Commies were poor at paying what was due.

Where did I say the u.s.s.r did everything?  I actually stated differently, but you are obviously far too edumacted to read.  

23 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I didn`t say that Stalin did it by HIS OWN hands ALONE.

15 minutes ago, mazerunner said:

I didn`t say that Stalin did it by HIS OWN hands ALONE.

Nevertheless, it is the Germans who are still ashamed of their fascist past, moreover, it was the Stalin`s USSR that destroyed Nazism.

Maybe I did not understand you very well, but this is your quote and you did say it was Stalin's USSR that destroyed  Nazism…. Stalin was nothing more than mass murder, reasonable for killing more people than the entire Nazi regime put together...and he is answering for all that while he burns in hell... 

21 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

1. Describe how the Soviet Union shipped its spare war materials to America.

2. What part of the Russian Federation do you live in?

I`m not a Trump`s supporter but I want to recall his last year`s words (mb the only smart ones):

Trump also invoked the Soviet Union's role in fighting Nazi Germany during World War II: "In World War II, Russia lost 50 million people and helped us win the war. I was saying to myself the other day, 'You know, Russia really helped us.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-im-not-pro-russia-hits-ex-cia-chief-brennan-for-calling-putin-news-conference-treasonous

Just now, Army Guy said:

Maybe I did not understand you very well, but this is your quote and you did say it was Stalin's USSR that destroyed  Nazism…. Stalin was nothing more than mass murder, reasonable for killing more people than the entire Nazi regime put together...and he is answering for all that while he burns in hell... 

So how would you describe Hitler, I`m afraid to ask?.. The man whose name is a synonym for cruelty and genocide

Just now, Army Guy said:

So if we consider heaven and hell from your point of view, then we will all burn in hell or what? We smoke, drink, having sex before the marriage, swear, envy and so on

13 minutes ago, mazerunner said:

I`m not a Trump`s supporter but I want to recall his last year`s words (mb the only smart ones):

Trump also invoked the Soviet Union's role in fighting Nazi Germany during World War II: "In World War II, Russia lost 50 million people and helped us win the war. I was saying to myself the other day, 'You know, Russia really helped us.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-im-not-pro-russia-hits-ex-cia-chief-brennan-for-calling-putin-news-conference-treasonous

I'm actually a great admirer of the Soviet Union during WW2. But, I have much admiration for most of the Allies....and even some of the Axis. All for reasons not related to anything other than military history.

The Soviet Union sacrificed more than any other with perhaps the exception of Poland...at least as a percentage of the general population. But, Germany is up there, too: re casualties. Not every German was a Nazi...but all were bombed to dust just the same.