This is what the Conservative Party in Canada has been reduced to

Rebel Media has been ejected from Conservative rallies two times, and even manhandled on the first occasion, for two events in a row.

Freedom of the press is in grave danger, and Andrew Scheer wants to make sure that the party that opposes the Liberals is also, like Trudeau, against the freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Boycott the party, or vote for someone else if you're a principled Conservative. 

Rebel Media really needs to up their game. It's just as hard to watch as CNN sometmes. 

By that I don't mean they need to get crazier, I mean reject some crazies, present a more coherent program, stop rambling on, don't use the sinister overtones that a Lisa LaFlamme type would use every time she talks about Trump, etc.

I think that they do provide valuable information about certain topics that you would never see on our alt-left msm, but regardless of what that information is I'd like to see it presented fairly and objectively. And I can't stand the way Ezra Levant rambles on. Anything that he doesn't say in the first twenty seconds is lost on me. 

On most shows you'll see a brief synopsis of what they're going to cover in the upcoming segment, or after the commercial break, and then they'll get into it. Ezra just blabs like a schoolgirl who's overdosing on Starbucks and you never know when he's going to finish. If I look down and see that the status bar is just a tenth of the way I panic. 

I don't think that they should be denied media credentials, and Scheer shouldn't be blacklisting them like the Liberal fear mongers do, but the Rebel isn't at the point where they can get private interviews either. They're sort of in media limbo. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Rebel Media has been ejected from Conservative rallies two times, and even manhandled on the first occasion, for two events in a row.

Freedom of the press is in grave danger, and Andrew Scheer wants to make sure that the party that opposes the Liberals is also, like Trudeau, against the freedom of speech and free

Yes, very much like the Liberals, as I've said before. There's nothing actually conservative about the Conservative Party. And Scheer is an anxious, hand-wringing little man desperate for the approval of the mainstream press - which is why his party does stuff like this. The sad thing is that he'll never even come close to getting it. They hate his guts no matter what he does. He abandons all principles and conservative beliefs like an eager plane girl at the dance, desperate for the hot boys to notice her, and they just laugh.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/true-north-journalist-banned-from-covering-liberal-campaign-for-fourth-day-in-a-row/

Edited by Argus
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, WestCanMan said:

Rebel Media really needs to up their game. It's just as hard to watch as CNN sometmes. 

By that I don't mean they need to get crazier, I mean reject some crazies, present a more coherent program, stop rambling on, don't use the sinister overtones that a Lisa LaFlamme type would use every time she talks about Trump, etc.

I think that they do provide valuable information about certain topics that you would never see on our alt-left msm, but regardless of what that information is I'd like to see it presented fairly and objectively. And I can't stand the way Ezra Levant rambles on. Anything that he doesn't say in the first twenty seconds is lost on me. 

On most shows you'll see a brief synopsis of what they're going to cover in the upcoming segment, or after the commercial break, and then they'll get into it. Ezra just blabs like a schoolgirl who's overdosing on Starbucks and you never know when he's going to finish. If I look down and see that the status bar is just a tenth of the way I panic. 

I don't think that they should be denied media credentials, and Scheer shouldn't be blacklisting them like the Liberal fear mongers do, but the Rebel isn't at the point where they can get private interviews either. They're sort of in media limbo. 

Lol Wes some of us Jewish guys talk too much you notice? I have to admit your take on Ezra is fair. He prattles more than he has to. He never used to be that bad. It may be he feels he has to fill the air waves. My favourite conservative Jewish commentator is Ben Shapiro. I think Ezra wants to be like him. Listen not all of us are dentists but dentists talk too all the time you notice? Never mind.

15 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Speech banning, gun grabbing, nanny police state where the politicians only answer questions from sycophants.

Any free press who are not sycophants, get led away in handcuffs.

F@ck Canada.

You need to let go sometimes Dougie and tell people how you really feel.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Yes, very much like the Liberals, as I've said before. There's nothing actually conservative about the Conservative Party. And Scheer is an anxious, hand-wringing little man desperate for the approval of the mainstream press - which is why his party does stuff like this. The sad thing is that he'll never even come close to getting it. They hate his guts no matter what he does. He abandons all principles and conservative beliefs like an eager plane girl at the dance, desperate for the hot boys to notice her, and they just laugh.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/true-north-journalist-banned-from-covering-liberal-campaign-for-fourth-day-in-a-row/

Well fair is fair. I was listening yesterday when Sheer was talking about Immigration and he went out of his way to sound like Trudeau on immigration yes if that was your point. In terms of economic platforms I am also having a hard time differentiating the two as well a this point. I think someone feels in the Conservative Party they need to go after Liberal votes and hope anti Liberals will vote for them anyways. The Conservatives clearly do not think Max Bernier is gonna take their votes away thus that tactic. I am a moderate middle ground person so I have to admit what you say. Cons and Libs are both trying to take moderate con and moderate Lib votes. Maybe that works for Trudeau in Toronto or in non rural Ontario, maybe it works for Sheer in Liberal ridings out West (if there are any) but I am not sure if the Con tactic will work in Atlantic Canada or Quebec. I have to see Quebec going back to Block Quebecois or going with Trudeau since they feel Sheer by being pro Western provinces has to be anti Quebec. Quebec has always felt in competition with the Western provinces.

22 minutes ago, Rue said:

Lol Wes some of us Jewish guys talk too much you notice? I have to admit your take on Ezra is fair. He prattles more than he has to. He never used to be that bad. It may be he feels he has to fill the air waves. My favourite conservative Jewish commentator is Ben Shapiro. I think Ezra wants to be like him. Listen not all of us are dentists but dentists talk too all the time you notice? Never mind.

Lol.

Shapiro is one smart cookie. That's why he's basically banned from talking on campuses. The leftists know that they just get completely annihilated in a battle of wits with him so they turn rioting to shut him up. 

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Scheer is an anxious, hand-wringing little man desperate for the approval of the mainstream press - which is why his party does stuff like this. The sad thing is that he'll never even come close to getting it. They hate his guts no matter what he does. 

Scheer saw what happened to Harper when the alt-left media here found a chink in his armour.

$90K duffygate was headline news for three years.

A $90K scandal for the liberals is the bar tab on flight from Ottawa to Hull. 

Yeah, sadly Dimples is a Conservative, no a conservative.  The notion that you can only elect a red tory is a red herring IMHO.   People are looking for some strong leadership and clear difference, again, once more through my eyes.  I knew the mushy middle was in deep doo doo when they were too inept to deal with Max and keep him on board.

Of course, the REAL problem is that the politicos no longer set the agenda, the media does.  With a billion plus in bribe money, the Libs are in far better position to cash in, but not since Erik Nielsen has there been a hope of anyone calling out the incredible waste and debt from our complete ignorance of the financial affairs of this "nation" (yes, tipping my hat to Dougie on that one).

Andrew Scheer himself is a problem. He looks uncomfortable in his own skin. Just can't get that grin off his face, neither. Stupid grinners make Hulk want to smash.

And when he's asked a question that's off-script, he doesn't have an answer and ends up looking like a fool. Not exactly a leader that inspires confidence...

So what's a poor conservative boy to do, vote for him anyway, because Trudeau? Hmm, maybe not. Maybe not vote for conservatives, to hell with them and Canada. Maybe vote for Trudeau instead!   :ph34r:

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Stupid grinners make Hulk want to smash.

There's never a shovel around when you need one? 

So what's a poor conservative boy to do, vote for him anyway, because Trudeau? Hmm, maybe not. Maybe not vote for conservatives, to hell with them and Canada. Maybe vote for Trudeau instead!   :ph34r:

Right...speaking of which, what you're disenchanted with is the alt-center meaning the only real right-wing conservative voice in Canada at the moment is Bernier's.  I'm pretty sure you already know that however so your apparent angst seems a little...odd.

Edited by eyeball