The Washington Post - Democracy Dies in the Darkness

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-gas-tycoon-and-the-vice-presidents-son-the-story-of-hunter-bidens-foray-in-ukraine/2019/09/28/1aadff70-dfd9-11e9-8fd3-d943b4ed57e0_story.html

LMAO at WashPo. These guys are just massive liars.They have no qualms about saying something that is 100% the opposite of the truth:

Giuliani’s primary allegation — that Joe Biden pushed for the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor to quash a probe into the former minister and Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevsky — is not substantiated and has been widely disputed by former U.S. officials and Ukrainian anti-corruption activists.

Is this what "unsubstantiated" looks like nowadays? LMAO!

Ignore the text at the beginning, I don't know how accurate that is and it's not important. What's important is that WashPo is saying that there is no evidence that Biden pressured the Ukraine Gov't into firing their top prosecutor. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM NOT TO HAVE KNOWN THAT THE EXACT OPPOSITE WAS TRUE!

They can quibble over what the motives were and when the investigation actually ended, but the topic of why, and what Biden's involvement in that process was, seriously needs to be investigated. Can we be led to believe that Biden didn't want the investigation ended (or wasn't aware of it?) but he was suddenly so irate with that investigator that he held $1B in aid ransom until he was sacked? Did he say to himself "I'll stay out of the process of ending the investigation but once it's over, I'll make sure that the prosecutor is fired". Why was his son hired there, and who else was on the board? If you google that you get sidetracked every which way, but everything points to Biden's purity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/politics/biden-son-ukraine.html

The broad outlines of how the Bidens’ roles intersected in Ukrainehave been known for some time. The former vice president’s campaign said that he had always acted to carry out United States policy without regard to any activities of his son, that he had never discussed the matter with Hunter Biden and that he learned of his son’s role with the Ukrainian energy company from news reports.

BUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLcraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

The hiring process isn't instantaneous and it doesn't happen out of the blue. Hunter B wasn't picking weeds from his garden and suddenly found out that he was hired to the board of a large gas company in a foreign country despite never having applied for it. They would have talked for weeks before he even got the job, and in that time we're supposed to believe that he never mentioned it to his dad? And when he got hired he never said "Hey dad I just got a job making $50K a week"? Does that kind of thing just always happen to him? Was he embarrassed by that paltry sum or something?

The people who are saying that Trump is guilty and there's absolutely no need to investigate the Bidens because they're as pure as snow are just plain liars or morons. "I found out that my son got a $50,000 per month job in the country that I just visited 12 times in the last year when I watched Hannity. And then I never discussed things with him." 

WashPo is 100% pure garbage (their motto is "Democracy Dies in the Darkness" lol. Do they call their paper "the Darkness"?) It's worse than the National Enquirer. Anyone who would quote WashPo and diss Fox News is just a bona fide 1,000% idiot. 

• Like 1

Anyway.....with all the direct accusation Trump makes about Biden and his son over and over again - they're corrupt -  (lol, to say he said it in public would be an understatement)……...

…….how come the Bidens aren't suing him for defamation, if the accusations are not true?

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, betsy said:

Anyway.....with all the direct accusation Trump makes about Biden and his son over and over again - they're corrupt -  (lol, to say he said it in public would be an understatement)……...

…….how come the Bidens aren't suing him for defamation, if the accusations are not true?

I highly doubt that they are corrupt.

As I mentioned,  Biden justs BS and wanted to be look tough. Same as his son, he used his last name to make money. In fact, both did nothing, Now, Dems believe Biden can be the sacrificial lamb

Edited by egghead

41 minutes ago, egghead said:

Joe Biden has been corrupt for big U.S. corporations and banks for decades, especially credit card usury laws.   That's why so many are incorporated in the state of Delaware.

Biden has a long, well documented history that any "progressive" lefty should run far away from, including the infamous 1994 Crime Bill that Bill Clinton signed into law.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Joe Biden has been corrupt for big U.S. corporations and banks for decades, especially credit card usury laws.   That's why so many are incorporated in the state of Delaware.

Biden has a long, well documented history that any "progressive" lefty should run far away from, including the infamous 1994 Crime Bill that Bill Clinton signed into law.

sorry, I mean in the Ukraine, not in the USA, since Ukraine is not in their "scope" :)

19 hours ago, egghead said:

His immediate family did $3,000,000,000.00  in business in China, Iraq and Ukraine while he was VP. Now suddenly they're not as fortunate. 

I highly doubt that any of this is above suspicion egghead. Why do you just instantly believe anyone who says that it is? Do you think that gov't corruption is a figment of the imagination?

Democracy really dies in the darkness. Speaking about us armed forces which act in the Pacific Rim I want to say as a man living there that after september military drills these 'democracy' little men worsened environment completely. Their vehicles polluted water and now we have no fresh water to drink and due to exhausted gases we have no fresh air to breathe. Thanks a lot, pigs

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

I personally suspect with zero proof anyone who is an elected US Senator has some sort of corrupt background. The entire process on capital hill deals with bribing congressmen and senators. That Biden used his insider knowledge to pass info to his son is likely and absolutely no different than what Trump has done with his family.

However the issue is not whether Biden is corrupt. That is a real issue and there is a legal system in the US that could be used to deal with that if its true,

It would be the same legal system that to assure its separation from state and is not influenced by political considerations that would taint its ability to fairly and independently investigate that also prevents the sitting US President from using his powers of office to pressure foreign heads of state or anyone to investigate Biden or anyone or for that matter prevent investigations against the US President for what he did that BEFORE he was US President or deal with actions that show he may have used his powers of office for personal gain.

When it comes to Trump his supporters claim any questioning of what Trump has done is a political conspiracy but would have you believe Trump's  for investigating Biden are not partisan. Trump demands one standard for himself that nothing he does is motivated by personal gain and can be questioned while at the same time accusing everyone else of being politically motivated against him.

That is the product of a person who has a Narcissistic personality disorder-Trump can not fathom anything that deals with him personally and benefits him personally is not automatically the best thing not just for Americans but the entire world. He is unable to differentiate himself from others and the possibility the two are not the same. The classic explanation is that at a particular time of emotional development as a child, he became arrested, or unable to learn to clearly differentiate you from me, other external from internal and as a result, in later life has a flawed cognitive process that in turn, results in  flawed emotional and psychological impulses and responses to the world around him and its needs  conflicting with his own.

The abusive language also illustrates insecurity and serious self doubts as he can feel a conflict between himself and the outside world but can't understand why. In his perceptions, anything that disagrees with him is a threat.

He grew up in a sheltered environment with little or no emotional displays and where no one would have told him NO and he pretty much was left alone and had all his needs met with no conflicts until he found himself in an outer world where people would not serve him. So he reconstructed a world of servants who would glorify him and never say no and his supporters serve as those servants fetching his slippers.

He has the psychological profile  of many flawed dictators.

EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin

https://www.irishtimes.com/...

The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:45 AM, betsy said:

A better question would be how come trumps DOJ hadn’t indicted the Bidens? What’s the problem? Trump shoots off his mouth attacking everyone and yet it’s only trump slime that has been indicted. Why is that?

9 hours ago, Jimwd said:

A better question would be how come trumps DOJ hadn’t indicted the Bidens? What’s the problem? Trump shoots off his mouth attacking everyone and yet it’s only trump slime that has been indicted. Why is that?

Yeah, why is that?   Refer to old episodes of Law and Order:)

Could it be the DOJ wants a solid evidence in order to successfully indict?

Could it be the reason why Trump asked Ukraine and China to investigate?  To provide that crucial evidence?

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, betsy said:

Yeah, why is that?   Refer to old episodes of Law and Order:)

Could it be the DOJ wants a solid evidence in order to successfully indict?

Could it be the reason why Trump asked Ukraine and China to investigate?  To provide that crucial evidence?

Is that why he sent his personal attorney who now has 4 of his “evidence “ buddies arrested ?

only the most extreme globalist would ask foreign nations to investigate his political opponents ..sheesh 

13 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Is that why he sent his personal attorney who now has 4 of his “evidence “ buddies arrested ?

I don't know.

I don't follow the story - haven't been following much of US politics lately.

only the most extreme globalist would ask foreign nations to investigate his political opponents ..sheesh 

That's your opinion....and it's a faulty one.

Anyway - I don't think only so-called "extreme globalist" would go tit-for-tat with foreign nations!  Lol.

Why do we even have any extradition treaties?  Or, trade agreements?  Or, any diplomatic immunities?  

But here is one tell-tale sign of an extreme globalistone who wants to eliminate borders and have nations follow one global order!!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

I don't know.

I don't follow the story - haven't been following much of US politics lately.

That's your opinion....and it's a faulty one.

Anyway - I don't think only so-called "extreme globalist" would go tit-for-tat with foreign nations!  Lol.

Why do we even have any extradition treaties?  Or, trade agreements?  Or, any diplomatic immunities?  

But here is one tell-tale sign of an extreme globalistone who wants to eliminate borders and have nations follow one global order!!

It’s my opinion that Giuliani was conducting a shadow foreign policy and 4 people have been arrested ?

Anyone want to discuss Trump offspring and tell me they are any different than Biden's son? All of them use their father's connections and name. Using Trump's very argument as to Biden's son Trump is corrupt and should be investigated and we do not need the assistance of Ukraine to do that.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Jimwd said:

It’s my opinion that Giuliani was conducting a shadow foreign policy and 4 people have been arrested ?

So, it's your opinion.

….and?   I already told you I wouldn't know anything about it!  Heck, that's the first time I even heard someone mention that!

What do you want me to say? :lol:

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

So, it's your opinion.

….and?   I already told you I wouldn't know anything about it!  Heck, that's the first time I even heard someone mention that!

What do you want me to say? :lol:

well...sorry..i generally don't comment on things i know nothing about,

8 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

well...sorry..i generally don't comment on things i know nothing about,

I don't, too.  Thus I told you right away.

What I was responding to was your definition of an "extreme globalist,"  which I say is faulty! 

Behind closed doors, do you think  there isn't any quid pro quo being negotiated by all nations' leaders especially so if one has the upper hand? 

Surely you guys aren't that naïve, eh?    

Edited by betsy

On 10/21/2019 at 5:41 PM, Jimwd said:

FYI Jim, indicting people when you don't have the evidence to get a conviction isn't a good idea unless you're a Dem and you have control over 90% of the MSM. The Dems take a huge swing and a miss every 4 months and not even one of their sycophants has even noticed yet. Do you know what I'm talking about? Didn't think so.

The "Trump slime", as you so childishly put it, is imaginary. 

Do you think that the Clintons, that you would have loved to see in the WH again, don't have their own "Manafort and Cohen"? What do you think CNN would say if Hillary was accused of something, for which no evidence had ever been found, and then one of her people was convicted for something that had nothing to do with her and the FBI offered that person ten years off their sentence just to fabricate testimony against her? You'd say "Hey, you're only allowed to do that to Trump!"

Media farce for Oct 31:

WIdespread stupidity prevails today as the leftist MSM is going into hyperbole hyperdrive to hammer home the notion that "al-Baghdadi (the austere religious scholar according to WashPo) was killed in spite of Trump's involvement". 

I know that I don't have to spell this out for the majority of people, but the operation was an absolute success from top to bottom. Hardly any civilians were killed (3 small children were killed by Baghdadi himself), and no Americans were killed. The US also killed islamic state's spokesperson in a separate attack. 

The Whitehouse gave proper credit to everyone involved from the dog who chased him down, to the American Special Forces involved in the raid, and the Kurdish SDF who provided valuable intel for the raid.

Powerless to use this info for the purpose of Trump-bashing, the media's only option to put spin on the story was to say that the incident happened in spite of Trump's leadership.

Truth is, the President had to give the OK to a mission to kill Baghdadi, he would have had multiple scenarios to choose from over the past two years, and he chose the grand-slam homerun option. 

A truly great leader isn't a micro-manager, they surround themselves with great people and heed the counsel of those people to make the best possible decisions. 

Trump is by far the best US President since Kennedy. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Media farce for Oct 31:

WIdespread stupidity prevails today as the leftist MSM is going into hyperbole hyperdrive to hammer home the notion that "al-Baghdadi (the austere religious scholar according to WashPo) was killed in spite of Trump's involvement". 

I know that I don't have to spell this out for the majority of people, but the operation was an absolute success from top to bottom. Hardly any civilians were killed (3 small children were killed by Baghdadi himself), and no Americans were killed. The US also killed islamic state's spokesperson in a separate attack. 

The Whitehouse gave proper credit to everyone involved from the dog who chased him down, to the American Special Forces involved in the raid, and the Kurdish SDF who provided valuable intel for the raid.

Powerless to use this info for the purpose of Trump-bashing, the media's only option to put spin on the story was to say that the incident happened in spite of Trump's leadership.

Truth is, the President had to give the OK to a mission to kill Baghdadi, he would have had multiple scenarios to choose from over the past two years, and he chose the grand-slam homerun option. 

A truly great leader isn't a micro-manager, they surround themselves with great people and heed the counsel of those people to make the best possible decisions. 

Trump is by far the best US President since Kennedy. 

Yeah because trump is famous for listening to the counsel of others   :lol:

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Yeah because trump is famous for listening to the counsel of others   :lol:

He actually is. Do you think that he's smart enough to do all of this by himself? Do you think that he's a pure genius in every facet of running an entire country? You have too much faith in him.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching Watters' World last night on Fox News, it was one of his best ever imo.

He opened with the story of Jeffrey Epstein's suicide and he was talking about how ABC quashed their story about Epstein because it didn't meet all of ABC's criteria for being verified and accurate, yet they gave the Kavanaugh story national attention and full credibility based on zero evidence and one discredited witness. 

Also, there's a woman who was working at CBS who was suspected of being the whistleblower (ie the person who leaked this video - at ABC they know for certain that she had accessed it from her computer at least once) and she was fired from CBS for a leak that she allegedly committed at ABC. 

I get that ABC and CBS don't want to have people around that leak their stories, but this isn't a story that ABC was ever going to release or they would have done it by now. In the 3 years since the story was ready to go how many young girls were forced to have sex with old pervs? 

Whoever leaked that story was an actual hero imo, and the kind of person that actually should be working in the MSM instead of the drooling sycophants who blindly follow Clinton stories like Russian collusion and ditch stories that could incriminate the Clintons like the Epstein story.

Biden is also getting Clinton-level protection from the media. LOOK AT TRUMP!!!! DON'T LOOK HERE!!!! THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE!!!!! It turns out that the home of Burisma's Chairman/CEO was raided just days before Biden's infamous quid pro quo. That completely destroys the narrative that the investigation was over long before Biden used the full influence of the American government to get rid of Ukraine's top prosecutor and put someone "solid" in his place lol (someone who isn't investigating Burisma). The legal team that was hired by Burisma to defend them lobbied the US gov't to get rid of that prosector and then they met with the new prosecutor. The solid one. Well, he's solid but he probably has a bullet allergy or something like that.