Qubec take heed ....

Army Guy

Justin has said he will be taking on Quebec's Bill 21 in the future, he just does not want to do it during the election for fear of losing some critical votes....Quebec this is your Boy in action, he does not want to stand up for those that feel that they are being discriminated against... Because it would be counter productive to do so, WTF and here I thought he was the PM.... This is the leader that you want, one that runs from issues because it is not convenient for him....because he wants your votes he is going to tell you what ever you want to hear, .....just like all the rest of his promises....This guy has to go....anyone but the liberals...

https://election.ctvnews.ca/trudeau-wouldn-t-close-door-on-intervening-on-bill-21-at-a-later-date-1.4592000

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says that while current federal intervention on Quebec’s secularism Bill 21 would be "counterproductive," he is not closing the door on doing so "at a later date."

11 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I'm not sure what Trudeau could do anyways.  Best bet is the courts.  I can't see the SCC letting this go by, if it gets that far.  Hopefully the Quebec courts kill it, so Quebec doesn't scream foul at the nation.

The bill is very popular in Quebec, and I'm not sure if they are going to let it go without a fight , a lot of kicking and screaming...That being said with Quebec not a signee on the constitution how much control does the feds have over them, enough to force them to scrap the bill, I'm asking because I don't know. 

11 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I'm not sure what Trudeau could do anyways.  Best bet is the courts.  I can't see the SCC letting this go by, if it gets that far.  Hopefully the Quebec courts kill it, so Quebec doesn't scream foul at the nation.

The courts have no say in it since Quebec used the notwithstanding clause. Trudeau has the power to overrule any law passed by a province, however, so he could do so in this case.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No, a cowboy hat is what cowboys wear.

Bernier is a city boy, a lawyer, a businessman and a politician. He doesn't wear a cowboy hat when he does any of his daily activities. When he wears a cowboy hat it's a costume.

It's funny wandering around offices in downtown Calgary during Stampede week.  All these uncomfortable looking people in business suits and almost new looking cowboy hats.

The percentage of the people in Québec that will votes for Trudeau, will determine the percentage of shame I feel on my nation-state. Well, except for the Anglos' votes. Anglos in Québec always vote at 95% for the Liberals no matter what.

Andrew Scheer has different values and interests than me. On many subjects, he is the opposite of what I cheer for. But he is not doing it against me. He is rather server the interests of other people thinking like him. I see him as a respectful opponent on which I just desagree. Trudeau is rather a real ennemi. A vicious traitor compulsory liar without moral and scruples. He is bad for all canadians and is capable of the worst to serve its own personal interests. He disgusts me more that I thought it would be possible even if my imagination is quiet fertile.

Lucky for me, I can vote for the Bloc. But Trudeau is so bad for Canada, that I would be ok for a conservative majority government for the next 4 years. Just to make it clear for the liberals that Trudeau is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Yesterday Jagmeet surpised me. He said he is ready to open the constitution to allow québec to get back in. Just like Layton few years ago. I wonder if this promise will work out as well this time. Jagmeet Sign has positionned himself against Québec on the bill 21. For sure he will be questionned about that. What kind of credibility his assertion on the constitution can be if on such subjects, he wants to fight against Québec. I am heating the pop corn.

Edited by Benz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Benz said:

Trudeau is rather a real enemy . A vicious traitor, a compulsory liar without moral and scruples. He is bad for all Canadians and is capable of the worst to serve his own personal interests. He disgusts me more that I thought it would be possible even if my imagination is quiet fertile.

Trudeau is so bad for Canada, that I would be ok with a Conservative majority government for the next 4 years. Just to make it clear for the Liberals that Trudeau is not acceptable under any circumstances.

As you mention above . . . . a traitor, liar, without morals or scruples.  The disgusting thing is that his behavior is 'acceptable' to many . . .  personally, I'd love to see him arrested, charged, and convicted  . . . . . would be great to see that smug prick behind bars.

10 hours ago, Benz said:

The percentage of the people in Québec that will votes for Trudeau, will determine the percentage of shame I feel on my nation-state. Well, except for the Anglos' votes. Anglos in Québec always vote at 95% for the Liberals no matter what.

Andrew Scheer has different values and interests than me. On many subjects, he is the opposite of what I cheer for. But he is not doing it against me. He is rather server the interests of other people thinking like him. I see him as a respectful opponent on which I just desagree. Trudeau is rather a real ennemi. A vicious traitor compulsory liar without moral and scruples. He is bad for all canadians and is capable of the worst to serve its own personal interests. He disgusts me more that I thought it would be possible even if my imagination is quiet fertile.

Lucky for me, I can vote for the Bloc. But Trudeau is so bad for Canada, that I would be ok for a conservative majority government for the next 4 years. Just to make it clear for the liberals that Trudeau is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Yesterday Jagmeet surpised me. He said he is ready to open the constitution to allow québec to get back in. Just like Layton few years ago. I wonder if this promise will work out as well this time. Jagmeet Sign has positionned himself against Québec on the bill 21. For sure he will be questionned about that. What kind of credibility his assertion on the constitution can be if on such subjects, he wants to fight against Québec. I am heating the pop corn.

Yes but he did an interview in Quebec without his turban, not sure what message he was sending but it's a big one....

17 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

As you mention above . . . . a traitor, liar, without morals or scruples.  The disgusting thing is that his behavior is 'acceptable' to many . . .  personally, I'd love to see him arrested, charged, and convicted  . . . . . would be great to see that smug prick behind bars.

or exiled to his islamic friends at North Captiva island.

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Yes but he did an interview in Quebec without his turban, not sure what message he was sending but it's a big one....

He is more wise than I expected. I think he is trying to make a point that he is not forced to wear the Turban and has no problem t remove it if required. It will probably influence few people here.

• 2 weeks later...