Most Canadians say Canada is Broken

Argus

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Makes no sense in the Information Age, large countries are a product of modernity, they are no longer required in post modernity.

Hong Kong is richer and more successful than Canada, and it's just a rock with a port.

Hong Kong is even proving more able to stand up to Beijing than obsequious Canada.  

Tiny Singapore has a military which dwarfs Canada's, the city of Singapore could defeat Canada head to head in a war.

Canada is worse than useless,  doesn't serve any practical purpose, yet it costs an arm and a leg to run it.

Half the people in Canada are going broke, just trying to prop this zombie up.

It's nothing more than a giant boondoggle run by and for entrenched interest elites at the expense of everybody else.

Canada is like a giant Jonestown,  Canadians have Stockholm Syndrome, drinking the Kool Aid of the elites upon their necks.

I’d rather live in Canada than Hong Kong or Singapore any day of the week.  Canada could have 20 Hong Kongs.  Maybe one day it will.  

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You sound like the kid who has a full on temper tantrum in the restaurant because you got butterscotch ice cream instead of vanilla when most kids would be happy to get ice cream.  Find a cause worth fighting for.  Canadians, Americans, and most Europeans have it pretty good by world standards.  Yeah sometimes I get tired of the Canadian naïveté and overmothering by the state, which makes our taxes a bit higher.  Then again, I’m so grateful to live in this land of plenty where people work hard to take care of the infrastructure, themselves, and each other.  I bitch about, Canada, America, and much else, but then I remember Dale Carnegie’s famous chapter, “Never complain, never explain”, which means if something bothers you, change it.  If you can’t change it, accept it and move on.  Stop whining.  If you don’t like your situation, get the hell out of Dodge.  No government or organization is keeping you here.  

Wanh, wanh, butt hurt Canadian, you can't face the truth of it, so you want to shoot the messenger.

I come and go as I please, I pay the taxes, I own the property, I don't rely on the government of Canada at all

it's not me who is suffering, 50% of Canadians are on the brink of bankruptcy, they are the ones who feel the pain.

Edited by Dougie93

There is not one role of the federal government which is not either performed by America directly, or is propped up by America in the background.

As a resident of Ontario, I could get by quite easily without Canada, Ontario would be much better off without this ridiculous Canada clown show around our necks.

And so would every other province, we don't need a federal government anymore, just replace it with a customs union.

Canada is poison, all it is doing now is inciting lawlessness, chaos, bankruptcy, and social degeneracy with its absurdist dogma and rampant corruption.

Edited by Dougie93

19 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Dream on, Canada is a basket case, can't even tie its own shoelaces, American daddy does everything for you, infantile Canada.

Ha ha, that’s why the northeast US buys its electricity from Hydro Quebec.  Niagara Falls Canada keeps my lights on.  Oh yeah, third largest oil reserves, most uranium.  I could go on.  Canada and the US grew up from similar beginnings.  Canada without the US beside it would probably be like Australia.  

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Ha ha, that’s why the northeast US buys its electricity from Hydro Quebec.  Niagara Falls Canada keeps my lights on.  Oh yeah, third largest oil reserves, most uranium.  I could go on.  Canada and the US grew up from similar beginnings.  Canada without the US beside it would probably be like Australia.  

Australia kicks Canada's ass, because it is not right beside America.   Canada's attachment to America is what keeps Canada from ever progressing.

Edited by Dougie93

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Australia kicks Canada's ass, because it is not right beside America.   Canada's attachment to America is what keeps Canada from ever progressing.

It's difficult avoiding your opinions.

All you do around here is try to shove your opinion down people's throats, which are based on nothing. You're full of loud noise. That's it. No facts.

How is Australia kicking Canada's ass? Are you just talking about water sports?

Because if you're talking about the economy and the GDP:

image.thumb.png.3a6cc3ca83c8eb78a020b0d9b252314a.png

Edited by marcus

On 12/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, jacee said:

Nobody cares what you say US'ns think of Canadians.' You don't represent all US'ns: They are not of one mind. Neither are Canadians. And you're talking on a discussion board that's 95% white supremacists, who represent the lunatic fringe in your country and mine.  Lol   It doesn't get much more ridiculous than that. 

Be who you are. We don't care. We make our choices in how we do and don't associate.

Sorry, but the Canadian narrative says otherwise, as routinely reported in Canadian media...even when funded by the government.

CBC stories about a "broken Canada" often invoke the American experience/examples as not only a crutch, but to contrast/compare relevance to the issue/subject, as if it would be far less so without a healthy injection of US'n content and measurement.   Happened again yesterday in a report about BC coroners delayed reporting on impaired driving deaths (compared to the 50 "states").    Maybe the editors insist on such U.S. content because it has always been done that way and readers expect it.

So anybody trying to engage a "broken Canada" also has to deal with the historical one-way mirror and US'n benchmark, regardless of relevance.

49 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sorry, but the Canadian narrative says otherwise, as routinely reported in Canadian media...even when funded by the government.

CBC stories about a "broken Canada" often invoke the American experience/examples as not only a crutch, but to contrast/compare relevance to the issue/subject, as if it would be far less so without a healthy injection of US'n content and measurement.   Happened again yesterday in a report about BC coroners delayed reporting on impaired driving deaths (compared to the 50 "states").    Maybe the editors insist on such U.S. content because it has always been done that way and readers expect it.

So anybody trying to engage a "broken Canada" also has to deal with the historical one-way mirror and US'n benchmark, regardless of relevance.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/533847/

https://today.yougov.com/topics/travel/articles-reports/2019/06/28/what-america-thinks-canada-might-surprise-you

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

Another example....slathered with American (and European) affirmation:

Is Canada Broken?

The country seems more polarized than ever.

...The most amplified voices in Canada seem to lean toward the more pessimistic view. Anxieties around polarized politics touch on issues such as carbon taxes or pipelines, but they seem to centre most consistently on the menace of xenophobia and the backlash against pluralism—that profound challenge to our national narrative that is surely influenced by the racially charged dramas unspooling south of the border: Trump vs. migrants, Trump vs. Muslims, Trump vs. nonwhite members of Congress.

https://thewalrus.ca/democracy-is-canada-broken/

Canada's economic position has been deteriorating over the past ten years, not simply in comparison to the US but in comparison to the G7 and OECD. Our standard of living is falling. Yet the federal government has done nothing whatsoever to address this, instead focusing all its economic efforts on income redistribution from the productive to the unproductive in order to win votes.

It’s been about 12 years since the peak of the last business cycle in 2007. And as the 43rd federal Parliament sits for its first session, it’s a good time to reflect on how Canada’s economy has performed compared with other advanced countries over the current business cycle. Has Canada “kept up with the Joneses?"

Unfortunately, the answer is no. Canadians have seen a substantial deterioration in living standards relative to peer countries since 2007, according to Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development data. This is primarily because other countries have increased their productivity by more than Canada.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-is-canadas-economy-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-unfortunately-the/

9 hours ago, marcus said:

It's difficult avoiding your opinions.

All you do around here is try to shove your opinion down people's throats, which are based on nothing. You're full of loud noise. That's it. No facts.

How is Australia kicking Canada's ass? Are you just talking about water sports?

Because if you're talking about the economy and the GDP:

image.thumb.png.3a6cc3ca83c8eb78a020b0d9b252314a.png

Canada has the larger population.

When you break it down per capita, then you get the truth

Per capita GDP in Canada is $45,032 USD

Per capita GDP in Australia $53,799 USD

Australians are 20% richer per capita than Canadians.

Facts.

Edited by Dougie93

Perhaps one of the reasons Canada is broken is because it was never really whole. The Laurentian Elites have ruled the place pretty much from the inception, and their view doesn't go much beyond southern Ontario and the Montreal suburbs - with everything else just 'the provincials'. They are as divorced from the realities - and values - of the ordinary Canadian as the CEO is from the guy on the factory floor.

Meet the Laurentian Elite, the mediocre masters of Canada

Our self-declared social and political elite is like the air we breathe or the proverbial water around fish; it seems so natural as to be unnoticeable

Beginning in 1968, coincident with the election of Pierre Trudeau, our elites adopted contemporary left-leaning economic and social policies. Federal government spending mushroomed from 16 per cent of the economy in 1967 to 25 per cent (of a much larger pie) in 1984 when Trudeau Sr. departed — a vast increase in dollar terms. Simultaneously, the Canadian public sector became almost 50 per cent of the economy, with the programs implemented and institutions created almost too numerous to mention. This is the point: a robust civil society and private-sector economy were being supplanted by an expanding state.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/1206-ed-weissenberger

• Like 1

That is indeed the truth of it right there.  

Furthermore, Canada was never meant to be a country in the first place. 

The country was Britain, Canada was simply a trade and defense agreement within the British Empire.

For the purposes of keeping the French in, the Americans out, and the Indians down.

To wit, Canada is not only broken, it's obsolete.

Confederation has no purpose other than to serve the entrenched interests of these Laurentian elites, at the expense of everybody else.

Canadians are poorer than Americans, Canadians are poorer than Australians, because Canadians are subject to this cabal of interlopers.

They have erased Canada and replaced it with their Post National State, like a giant Jonestown, Kool-Aid distributed by their state media propaganda arms.

Confederation is a failed state, that power vacuum has simply been filled by these Nabobs and their perks, prerogatives and payola.

It is not revolutionary to call for their overthrow, they are the usurpers, to overthrow them ; would be a counterrevolution.

God save the Queen.  Die in a fire ; Post National State.

queen-canada_1671113i.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

23 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

That is indeed the truth of it right there.  

Furthermore, Canada was never meant to be a country in the first place.

The thing that doesn't make any sense is that Lower Canada and Quebec have always maintained the Western provinces as internal, resource rich colonies to be exploited, keeping power in the East, but now they won't support continued economic development of those resources, destroying the imperfect bargain of the past.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

The thing that doesn't make any sense is that Lower Canada and Quebec have always maintained the Western provinces as internal, resource rich colonies to be exploited, keeping power in the East, but now they won't support continued economic development of those resources, destroying the imperfect bargain of the past.

Giant Jonestown : burn the village to save the village.

If the Central-- and South-American countries instead of being different countries with different identities had become some sort of Estados Unidos Hispanicos with the obvious exception of Brazil would that country be better off than today's various separate countries? 

At least nothing like what is happening in Venezuela wouldn't be allowed. 

1 minute ago, -TSS- said:

If the Central-- and South-American countries instead of being different countries with different identities had become some sort of Estados Unidos Hispanicos with the obvious exception of Brazil would that country be better off than today's various separate countries? 

At least nothing like what is happening in Venezuela wouldn't be allowed. 

Latin America suffers from a lack of Anglo-Saxon rule of law.

America was founded on the classically liberal principles of the Enlightenment

Latin America was founded on the principles of Roman Catholic autocracy.

Thus how America came to rule the world while Latin America is hobbled by disorder.

3 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Australia has the extreme temperatures at the other end of the scale which Canadians are used to. Hence drought and severe water-shortages. Nothing to envy about that. 

Canada is will battered by floods and ice storms,  better to be warm and dry than to freeze and drown.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, marcus said:

Make Canada Great Again?

In average, Canadians are making more money, living longer and are better educated. Oh and there are more coloured people. 

In the past several decades there has been hundreds of millions of more colored people being brought into Canada that the majority of white Canadians never asked for. Why would white people want to commit racial genocide against themselves and their own white people, and want to hand over their white homeland to a bunch of other colored people? Here in the lower mainland of BC, I am starting to see less and less white people around, and I am getting to see more and more non-white people around. The color of BC, and the rest of Canada, is truly starting to change color, and it does not look very promising for those people of the other color out there. It's for dam sure that our present day immigration policy is broken. And with Trudeau back at running the country once again, it can only get worse rather than get better for the people who were once the majority in this country. But what the heck, you appear to be quite in favor of what is going on, eh? :unsure:

Edited by taxme

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Except that the anti-resource development Luddites are a subset of the worldwide climate action movement, led and symbolized by bot-like Greta Thunberg.  Trudeau has empowered these forces against the interests of the country, but that’s probably unavoidable.   The name of the game now is existence shaming: Don’t use resources and don’t have children because they also use resources, create an environmental footprint, and cause greenhouse gasses.  In fact, go and commit hari kari in the name of saving the planet, with a dour, inhuman Greta hanging in the background.  In fairness to Trudeau, he has tried to find a middle ground. I wonder if there is one.  

20 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Australia has the extreme temperatures at the other end of the scale which Canadians are used to. Hence drought and severe water-shortages. Nothing to envy about that. 

You will forgive me if I envy them nonetheless...

Guest ProudConservative
13 minutes ago, taxme said:

In the past several decades there has been hundreds of millions of more colored people being brought into Canada that the majority of white Canadians never asked for. Why would white people want to commit racial genocide against themselves and their own white people, and want to hand over their white homeland to a bunch of other colored people? Here in the lower mainland of BC, I am starting to see less and less white people around, and I am getting to see more and more non-white people around. The color of BC, and the rest of Canada, is truly starting to change color, and it does not look very promising for those people of the other color out there. It's for dam sure that our present day immigration policy is broken. And with Trudeau back at running the country once again, it can only get worse rather than get better for the people who were once the majority in this country. But what the heck, you appear to be quite in favor of what is going on, eh? :unsure:

At least the natives are being protected. Pretty soon the Natives will blame white people for their problems, when there are more natives than white people.