Elizabeth May wants to fight against Québec

Benz

2 points here...

1) I respect her opinion about the religious symbols that should be allowed even in a position of authority. I totally desagree but, I am ready to fight for her right to express that opinion. If the other provinces prefer to allow it, I do not mind as well, it is their own business. I mind my own. However, she goes far beyond that. She litterally wants to fight Québec on bill 21. That is unacceptable. It would become a fight federal vs provincial reveals propensity to disctatorship. 

2) Her opinion also reveals her very high level of stupidity. Saying that bill 21 bans religious people to work and force them to choose between their faith and their work. This as imbecile as saying that the laws ban smokers to work. The laws ban the cigarette at work. Not the workers. Workers can still smoke outside of the perimeter. It's the very same thing with bill 21. It only bans the symbols. Not the faith. People can still work without any problems. They are just not allowed to wear religious symbols. If your faith is so fragile that you cannot keep it without your symbol, then question yourself about that faith. If your religion forbids you to remove your symbol at all cost, then the problem is your religion, not bill 21. Opinions like that disgust me and only reenforce the legitimity of bill 21.

That being said, I understand the english canadians and the Québécois have a very different perception of the place of religion in our society. Religions have several facets.

Regarding the spirituality, Québécois and Canadians are on the same page on this. The place of the religion and its role on the spirituality has the same place for both groups. Where both groups are different, is on the facet of politic and the intervention of the religion outside of the scope of spirituality. Like when religions tell you to wear this, do that, forbid this and that, eat this, not that... When a religion is attemptinng to rule your life, it goes far outside of the scope of spirituality and the mind of the Québécois, the religion loses its immunity on those topics. When the religion respects the bondary of private personal life or places of worship, it's ok. But when the religion tells you what to wear or do at work work, it is sometimes tolerated but, definitely not well seen in Québec. In english Canada, it seems to be totally accepted. I am not sure about why and there might be more than one explanation for this. I understand that the english canadians beleive that the Queen is chosen by God and the whole monarchy structure relies on the faith the people have in the religion. If one can question the place of religion, then the monarchy can be questionned as well. Even if it is a symbolic one. Like the symbolic role of sovereign of the Queen for the country. A role transmitted by bloodline, of course because the religion says that it is god's will. That scenario is accepted as fact in Canada and rejected as pure bullshit by Québec. Québec has alos alot of people that rejected religions, without necessarly reject their spirituality. People that still believe in their god, but do not follow any religion or barely the one of origin. People in Québec do not hesitate to question or challenge their religion, unlike in Canada where they rather tend to swallow anything that is being said. Of course not all the people but, definitely more than in Québec.

The relation of the english canadians with their religion is the last of my concerns. I really do not care despite my opinion on religion and I expect them to respect my opinion as well about what is good for Québec. What I do not respect, is the assholes who considere the bondaries we put on religions as xenophobia, islamophobia, racism or b.s. like that. Thinking like that is an intellectual mediocrity that deserves no respect at all.

• Thanks 2

Saying Bill 21 is against the practitioners of religion because we have the decency in Québec to ask our government employees to not display an overt religious symbol while on duty, is like saying smokers are banned from a cooking jobs because they are not allowed to smoke and ash their darts in the customers' plates in a restaurant kitchen.

She's not expecting any breakthroughs in Quebec so she feels free to virtue signal about this in hopes it enhances their popularity among ethnic groups in BC and Ontario. Simple as that. Plus, of course, only idiot progressives would vote for her party in the first place, and they probably agree with her.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Argus said:

She's not expecting any breakthroughs in Quebec so she feels free to virtue signal about this in hopes it enhances their popularity among ethnic groups in BC and Ontario. Simple as that. Plus, of course, only idiot progressives would vote for her party in the first place, and they probably agree with her.

I am rather progressive and I see nothing in common with them, nothing I can agree. Idiocy is not an exagerated term to weigh her statement. If the progressives of western canada are all like that, no wonder why you develop such an allergy to them.

It is difficult to evaluate from here, but the media tend to picture english canada like a whole monolitic block that thinks like her. I kind have a serious doubt about it. A certain majority at best.

Les Anglais ont reçu le Québec comme prix de guerre.

Les Anglais ne voulaient pas d'insurrection.

Ne sachant pas quoi en faire, ils ont quitté l'Église catholique romaine pour l'administrer.

Quand cela devint trop oppressif pour les Québécois, ils renversèrent l'Église dans une révolution non violente.

La Révolution tranquille ne consiste pas à réprimer les gens, mais à séparer église et État.

8 minutes ago, Benz said:

Oui, à une époque où les anglais n'étaient pas des canadiens. :D

Les Anglais ne sont devenus Canadiens qu'en 1812 Avant cela, les Anglais s'appelaient Américains.

Quand la guerre a mal tourné pour les États-Unis, ils ont attaqué la population locale du Canada comme ils le feraient au Vietnam

Cela a poussé les Anglais à craindre et à détester les Américains.

Les Anglais ont pris ici le nom de français et se sont distingués des Américains.

Le vrai père du Canada est George Washington.

Le major George Washington a attaqué la Nouvelle-France le 28 mai 1754.

Cela a déclenché la guerre de sept ans, qui était une guerre mondiale.

Les Britanniques ont gagné la guerre

Dans l'accord de paix, ils ont reçu le Canada et l'Inde de la France le 10 février 1763.

À l'instar de George Washington, les Québécois vont également déclarer leur indépendance de la couronne britannique.

La couronne britannique elle-même défend ce droit.

Aucun Anglais ne peut décider du destin du Québec.

Nous n'oublions pas, et n'oublierons jamais, notre ancienne lignée, nos traditions et nos souvenirs du passé

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Benz said:

2 points here...

1) I respect her opinion about the religious symbols that should be allowed even in a position of authority. I totally desagree but, I am ready to fight for her right to express that opinion. If the other provinces prefer to allow it, I do not mind as well, it is their own business. I mind my own. However, she goes far beyond that. She litterally wants to fight Québec on bill 21. That is unacceptable. It would become a fight federal vs provincial reveals propensity to disctatorship. 

2) Her opinion also reveals her very high level of stupidity. Saying that bill 21 bans religious people to work and force them to choose between their faith and their work. This as imbecile as saying that the laws ban smokers to work. The laws ban the cigarette at work. Not the workers. Workers can still smoke outside of the perimeter. It's the very same thing with bill 21. It only bans the symbols. Not the faith. People can still work without any problems. They are just not allowed to wear religious symbols. If your faith is so fragile that you cannot keep it without your symbol, then question yourself about that faith. If your religion forbids you to remove your symbol at all cost, then the problem is your religion, not bill 21. Opinions like that disgust me and only reenforce the legitimity of bill 21.

That being said, I understand the english canadians and the Québécois have a very different perception of the place of religion in our society. Religions have several facets.

Regarding the spirituality, Québécois and Canadians are on the same page on this. The place of the religion and its role on the spirituality has the same place for both groups. Where both groups are different, is on the facet of politic and the intervention of the religion outside of the scope of spirituality. Like when religions tell you to wear this, do that, forbid this and that, eat this, not that... When a religion is attemptinng to rule your life, it goes far outside of the scope of spirituality and the mind of the Québécois, the religion loses its immunity on those topics. When the religion respects the bondary of private personal life or places of worship, it's ok. But when the religion tells you what to wear or do at work work, it is sometimes tolerated but, definitely not well seen in Québec. In english Canada, it seems to be totally accepted. I am not sure about why and there might be more than one explanation for this. I understand that the english canadians beleive that the Queen is chosen by God and the whole monarchy structure relies on the faith the people have in the religion. If one can question the place of religion, then the monarchy can be questionned as well. Even if it is a symbolic one. Like the symbolic role of sovereign of the Queen for the country. A role transmitted by bloodline, of course because the religion says that it is god's will. That scenario is accepted as fact in Canada and rejected as pure bullshit by Québec. Québec has alos alot of people that rejected religions, without necessarly reject their spirituality. People that still believe in their god, but do not follow any religion or barely the one of origin. People in Québec do not hesitate to question or challenge their religion, unlike in Canada where they rather tend to swallow anything that is being said. Of course not all the people but, definitely more than in Québec.

The relation of the english canadians with their religion is the last of my concerns. I really do not care despite my opinion on religion and I expect them to respect my opinion as well about what is good for Québec. What I do not respect, is the assholes who considere the bondaries we put on religions as xenophobia, islamophobia, racism or b.s. like that. Thinking like that is an intellectual mediocrity that deserves no respect at all.

When did leftists like May ever make any sense at all in anything they say? May lacks common sense and logic and prefers to live in an emotional world of her own. Of course, talking like she does is probably her way of hoping to try and get more votes for her leftist party. The only votes that leftist like May need to get are votes to boot them out of politics altogether. They do not believe in freedom of expression and they should go live in China or Cuba. There they should feel quite at home. When May attacks others for their beliefs she can also then be seen as being a bigot or promoting hatred herself. May would make a great communist leader for Canada if she ever became the PM of Canada. Let's all hope that she does not. 

Elizabeth May is a Connecticut Yankee, dictionary definition of.

Protege of Hillary Clinton.

The leader of the Green Party in Ontario, Mike Schreiner, another Yankee, this one from Kansas.

The Green Party are carpetbaggers for the Democrat Party.

They couldn't get elected in America, so they set off to dupe the useful idiots in Canada.

3 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Saying Bill 21 is against the practitioners of religion because we have the decency in Québec to ask our government employees to not display an overt religious symbol while on duty, is like saying smokers are banned from a cooking jobs because they are not allowed to smoke and ash their darts in the customers' plates in a restaurant kitchen.

I do not see anything wrong with any kinds of Christian religious symbols being mounted and seen anywhere in Quebec, nor the rest of Canada. Christianity is and always has been a part of our Canadian culture. Other religions were not. They are all foreign religions and all have no right to demand that their religious symbols be recognized one bit. Here in Canada and Quebec, we are always being forced to have to accept other religions and traditions and cultures and they are supposed to become as equal to our own Canadian traditions and values and culture. I say hogwash to that. 

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

À l'instar de George Washington, les Québécois vont également déclarer leur indépendance de la couronne britannique.

La couronne britannique elle-même défend ce droit.

Aucun Anglais ne peut décider du destin du Québec.

Nous n'oublions pas, et n'oublierons jamais, notre ancienne lignée, nos traditions et nos souvenirs du passé

Stop showing such rudeness. There are some members here who do not understand french. The English language is the main language spoken here. Let's stick with the program. ;)

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

Stop showing such rudeness. There are some members here who do not understand french. The English language is the main language spoken here. Let's stick with the program. ;)

Je suis Canadien

Je suis Anglais, 

Je suis Français

j'existe dans les Deux Solitudes à la fois

Dieu sauve la reine, Je me souviens

50 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Elizabeth May is a Connecticut Yankee, dictionary definition of.

Protege of Hillary Clinton.

The leader of the Green Party in Ontario, Mike Schreiner, another Yankee, this one from Kansas.

The Green Party are carpetbaggers for the Democrat Party.

They couldn't get elected in America, so they set off to dupe the useful idiots in Canada.

She 'may' have an IQ off the top of the scale . . . but can't grasp the concept that the left shoe goes on the left foot.  Dumb as a stump !

• Haha 1

I hate E May, I think it’s a total insult to this country that she’s still the leader of a federal party. 

That being said, I have her back on this one. 

It has already been established that Sikhs can ride motorbikes without a helmet, and that’s a bigger deal than walking through a hallway with a piece of religious headwear. 

Bottom line is that Canada is a place that tolerates religions, and the last thing that I want to see is us starting to resemble a middle-eastern style country that’s enforcing a religious dress code. 

I draw an extremely hard line on people in a position of power over our children talking about their religious beliefs in public schools though. 

IMO they can wear what they want but if they tell the kids anything that resembles “this is what you can or can’t do because of my religion” or “this is what’s inferior about your belief system/country” that’s grounds for immediate dismissal.

There are schools where they can indoctrinate young, impressionable kids with their parents’ approval, but there’s not one square inch of a public school for that. 

Quebec is enforcing the absence of a religious dress code.

There are barriers to entry in government.

Not everyone can serve in the military.  Not everyone can pass a security clearance check.  Not everyone can be a public servant by default.

Not everyone can work for the Government of Quebec.

Entirely within Quebec's rights, Quebec is not subject to the Charter, as Quebec has not signed the Canada Act.

Those who must have a religious dress code, are free to seek work elsewhere, in English Canada, or America perhaps.