Prediction: Trudeau wins a majority this Fall

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Even TV as a shared experience is in decline as everyone tunes into their own devices.  How this relates to politics is that there’s a winner take all attitude at each end of the political spectrum.  Neither side respects or even understands the other anymore because there’s no dialogue.  We all disappear to our particular camps.  

I’m not interested in conservative or liberal.  I’m interested in sensible.  We’ve lost the centre.  

Not so much here as in the US. I don't know who I'd vote for if I was down there, between the wack-job Republicans and the identity politics Democrats. Here, Libs and Tories hugged the centre, pretty much, until Trudeau came along and started dragging the Liberals further to the Left.

But there are a lot of restless people who don't like what any of the major parties are doing and have proposed and are waiting for someone ... sensible... to come along.

49 minutes ago, Argus said:

Not so much here as in the US. I don't know who I'd vote for if I was down there, between the wack-job Republicans and the identity politics Democrats. Here, Libs and Tories hugged the centre, pretty much, until Trudeau came along and started dragging the Liberals further to the Left.

But there are a lot of restless people who don't like what any of the major parties are doing and have proposed and are waiting for someone ... sensible... to come along.

Maxine Bernier. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 1:19 PM, jacee said:

Just like Albertans vote for their own self interests in keeping billions in fossil fuel subsidies to keep flowing from the rest of us to them. Lots and lots! 

I think the facts will show that an enormous amount of money has flowed out of Alberta over past decades,mostly to the benefit of Quebec. Why wouldn't Albertans be frustrated with this? Where would we be in this country without the contributions from the oil and gas sector?

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/columnists/gary-lamphier-how-much-money-has-flowed-out-of-alberta-to-ottawa-a-lot

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I have to agree.  It would be a race to the left.  I might support national free pharmacare.   Huge cost savings in bulk purchasing. .

Public healthcare spending is a bottomless pit, the more money you throw at it, the more the vendors raise their prices.  You go deeper into debt to no particular gain.

A National Pharmacare Program would allow employers in Canada to get rid of excellent employer provided insurance for all but the most elite workers with leverage.

It would be a disaster for those who are working for corporations, which is everybody.

It would simply incite more hatred of the left and their endless hair brained schemes and mindless class warfare.

Accelerationism for the win, fetch the rope.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

A National Pharmacare Program would allow employers in Canada to get rid of excellent employer provided insurance for all but the most elite workers with leverage.

One problem is that the working poor do not have access to some expensive medications. A doctor working in my town was unable to prescribe drugs to patients that were available on the UK’s NHS. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

One problem is that the working poor do not have access to some expensive medications. A doctor working in my town was unable to prescribe drugs to patients that were available on the UK’s NHS. 

Agreed.  I think basic meds and meds for catastrophic illnesses should be covered.  No one should lose their home over the cost of medication.  

25 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If even the NHS can afford it, spending less than we do, we should be able to do it too. 

Do want you want, I wash my hands of Canada, like I say, I'm all in favor of Canada shooting itself in the head by electing the Greendippers.

I will feast on the economic carcasses of Canadian wannabe commie dupes and sleep like a baby after.

6 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Not the alaskan's!  :ph34r:

The Alaskans are the darkest, it's libertarian kook country up there, national helicopter mommy want's no part of that.

Regardless, the American Information Age Revolution is upon her, nothing she can do to stop it, that is why she is panicking and acting so weird.

1 hour ago, Rolfs said:

With less than one week to go, it's almost certain that Canada will be led by a minority Government. There will almost certainly be an election called by early 2021

I don't think that's a given, usually at the last moment the Kneedippers and Greens will rally around the Liberals to stop the Cuckservatives.

All Canadians care about is their gibs, handouts from national helicopter mommy, so they are easily bribed with their own tax dollars.

That's basically the Liberals strategy, and it's basically working.

1 hour ago, Rolfs said:

With less than one week to go, it's almost certain that Canada will be led by a minority Government. There will almost certainly be an election called by early 2021

Since it's virtually certain to be a Liberal/ndp government we can only hope there's another election soon, and that by that time the Tories have found a leader considerably more appealing than the one they've got now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

Since it's virtually certain to be a Liberal/ndp government we can only hope there's another election soon, and that by that time the Tories have found a leader considerably more appealing than the one they've got now.

You don't like the bug eyed Chucky puppet in place?

16 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why the constant doom and gloom? Even the CBC polls show the Conservatives in first place, and it's guaranteed that they are overrating the Libs and underestimating the CPC.