Prediction: Trudeau wins a majority this Fall

8 years of mass migration and handouts.

8 years of increasing spending on foreigners.

8 years of no tax cut/breaks.

8 years of no major project, progress for Canada.

8 years of being an international pariah and laughingstock.

8 years of fancy Chewbacca socks.

8 years of virtue signalling paid by our taxes.

8 years of political involvement in corruption cases for major corporation.

8 years, flushed down the drain.

Buy hey, at least we got the legal weed! (Try to laugh, not to cry)

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't read any polls at all, polls before the election are meaningless, the poll on the night of the election is the only one that matters.

The Cons are feeble, they are not even appealing to conservatives, the Cons are appealing to the Liberal voters.

It's not going to work.

They appeal to Conservatives just fine, but Bernier is muddying the waters.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

They appeal to Conservatives just fine, but Bernier is muddying the waters.

In an election, if your hardcore base doesn't show up, you're dead.

Bernier has the core of real conservatives. 

Scheer will have to leave asap, and I hope he gets shamed for what he has done to the Conservative Party. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Scheer will be eviscerated as well, you are too busy tunnel visioning on Trudeau's weaknesses to realize it's not about how strong Trudeau is but how weak his opposition is compared to him. Trudeau wins that battle.

Scheer will not be eviscerated because he doesn't have any guts to be torn out. He's an empty man with dimples.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Argus said:

There is not a single thing about the Conservative party right now which appeals to me.

I kind of agree.  The only thing that appeals to me is that they’ll be a little better on deficits, taxes, immigration and energy.  But probably just a little.  Bernier would be a lot better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

I kind of agree.  The only thing that appeals to me is that they’ll be a little better on deficits, taxes, immigration and energy.  But probably just a little.  Bernier would be a lot better.

Yeah, but he's not going to get elected. I don't think he's the man to lead a new party, even though he's saying what a lot of people want to hear. If he can't get any sort of momentum in Quebec, given that province largely agrees with him on things like immigration, at least, I don't see him making much progress in English Canada given his heavily accented English. The last guy I saw who actually attracted enthusiasm on the right was Kevin O'Leary. He had the presence and charisma to do that despite being fairly progressive on social issues, including immigration.

I don't mind Scheer as a person, and I like Stephen Harper too, I'd probably see eye to eye with them on a lot of things if we were having coffee at a hockey arena.

None the less, as they are disgustingly cowering to the Elite Consensus of the Liberals and their state propaganda arms, the Cons are rendered nothing more than the Other Liberals.

I would prefer the actual Liberals to be the ones blamed for the Elite Consensus, I have no use whatsoever for the do nothing Cucks who cave in before they even get started.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm confident that voters are on a path to reject Trudeau, but Bernier is a real threat to the Conservatives. He can challenge Scheer for votes from the right and if Scheer fights back then he might lose swing voters to the Libs. He's making Scheer walk an extremely fine line.

I'm glad that the polls are the way they are now, it is going to push all the parties to drive harder...I to believe Justins days are over as they should be, the only mystery is going to be who or what coalition is going to form government ….

I think Scheer has driven his platform more to the left to capture those liberals who have not decided whom to vote for...and have left a lot of Conservatives hanging in the wind...the only alternative is MAX...

Besides I like his platform much better than Scheers, even you have said that....I think a lot of cons on here also see it that way...and while I do not think MAX will be victorious in the polls I think he is going to do a lot better than everyone thinks, perhaps some of his platform will make it into play.........Besides we have tried the libs and the cons....I think it is time for a change...

Bernier at least speaks some truth to power.   It's not the whole truth nothing but the truth, but he speaks outside of the Ottawa Overton Window at the very least.

So Bernier is more useful to me than the entire Conservative Party apparatus, because the Cons are totally supine in the face of the totalitarianism which Bernier points out.

• Like 1

Bear in mind how naive the general public is.

This totalitarian wrong think agenda is dangerous to all.

The MP's are cronies.   That means they can be intimidated and/or bought.

By hostile forces, both domestic and foreign.

So we are past the point of merely voting for an MP.

This is sailing towards the shoals, and with a crony culture, nobody is steering away from them.

These two tropes are constantly warring within the Confederation.

Trudeau is the ultimate Eastern Elite, not the political genius his father was, none the less he's trying to emulate PET as best he can

He's always been in the shadow of his father and his youngest brother Michel who died.

Justin is the oldest, he was the closest to his father, but his father was distant, so he's always been trying to live up to the legend.

Scheer is classic Prairie Populist, he's Diefenbaker.

Diefenbaker is not a cool guy, he's not a fun guy, Diefenbaker is the ultimate square.

That sells out West, but it quickly melts in the howling storm of the Eastern Elite media party and associated state propaganda arms,

This is like Canada is Lucy and Canadians are Charlie Brown, and we just keep going round and round with this, going nowhere but closer to the shoals of financial and security crisis

Trudeau's party may win something in October...like more attention from American comics:

From Maclean's ....the Two Sides of Canada interview with Trudeau...who was not amused:

Why the Liberals and Netflix don’t mix

Andrew MacDougall: The Liberals leaned in on Justin Trudeau’s appearance on the ‘Patriot Act.’ But what was supposed to be a push for ‘celebrity cool’ turned into one glorious disaster.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/why-the-liberals-and-netflix-dont-mix/

On 9/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, capricorn said:

I agree with those members that think Trudeau will win. Therefore, I will be voting for Bernier as a protest vote due to the Cons having chosen Scheer as leader. Scheer has the personality of a wet noodle. He's no match for Trudeau, the Adonis of Canadian politics.

Amen sister.....

On 9/5/2019 at 9:09 AM, QuebecOverCanada said:

In an election, if your hardcore base doesn't show up, you're dead.

*  Bernier has the core of real conservatives. 

Scheer will have to leave asap, and I hope he gets shamed for what he has done to the Conservative Party. 

Bernier has the core of real 'eastern' conservatives . . . .

Sadly, the west no longer trusts any politician with a French background or accent.  

If Bernier lived in Swift Currant, and spoke without a French accent . . . he'd kick Trudeau's sorry ass to the curb in a heartbeat.

Scheer is a non-entity . . . 

52 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

We need a proper prime minister who wears pants not skirts.

Why do you hate freedom ?  People can dress how they want.  We're not the Talliban.  I'm tired of rightista snowflake sentiments being put out all the time without a response.

If our PM wants to wear a dress, and thinks he can get away with it he can go ahead.  If somebody wants to wear a kippah I'm not going to have you tell them that they're not allowed to work for the civil service..

Can we please get past this reactionary mode of politics ?  

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why do you hate freedom ?  People can dress how they want.  We're not the Talliban.  I'm tired of rightista snowflake sentiments being put out all the time without a response.

If our PM wants to wear a dress, and thinks he can get away with it he can go ahead.  If somebody wants to wear a kippah I'm not going to have you tell them that they're not allowed to work for the civil service..

If he wanted to, he could also have a face tatoo saying "Fuck da rulz" and he could also wear just a g string when going to the G7.

We need to get past that stage of reactionism.

No responsibility and no decency required now.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

"When in Rome . . . "  Of course people can dress how they want. It's just that a leader should act/dress like a 'leader' . . .

The sad fact is that Justin Trudeau (Mr. Dress-up) is not really recognized for his fabulous mind when he's dressed up in feathers or an outfit from India. Is he gaining respect as a 'world' leader when he's prancing around like a fool . . . 

Nice deflection attempt leftista . . . .

Edited by Nefarious Banana
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think there is discourse on both sides of the spectrum, and while his dress does not make the man, you must admit the image of a PM is important and does play a role in how he is perceived by other world leaders.

Just a question why has the liberals let slip that very scenario with Quebec's bill 21, is it because he does not want any more negative press, or to loss the Quebec vote...His silence on the matter is telling , mind you the only leader to even bring it up as MAY.  

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I think there is discourse on both sides of the spectrum, and while his dress does not make the man, you must admit the image of a PM is important and does play a role in how he is perceived by other world leaders.

Indeed, the Queen's Executive should carry himself with gravitas, even military bearing to a certain extent.

Pierre Trudeau could do it,  Pierre Trudeau knew how to balance the impish playfulness with gravitas where needed.

He could do a little spin on the catwalk behind the Queens; back and get away with it, but if there was trouble in the land as there is now, he went to military bearing'; Just Watch Me.

There's no way Pierre Trudeau would have been on board with this plan to sell Canada down the river to Beijing.

Pierre Trudeau would not have been intimidated by Beijing.

Pierre Trudeau would have been willing to pay the price of standing up to Beijing, and he would have been fearless in articulating why he was doing it.

Pierre Trudeau would have walked into Beijing like Canadian Caesar and stared them down, with a smirk and a sneer.

Pierre Trudeau would also have charmed Trump, Trump would be gaga for Canadian Celebrity Caesar.

Nixon thought Trudeau was a Communist, but even then Tricky Dick couldn't resist the Ottawa Charm Machine that was in play back then.

Canada had the olive branch and the thunderbolts too, back then.

Love him or hate him, PET had Canadian steel when someone pissed him off.

And he carried himself like a Roman General, and he always looked the part.

There's only one piece of flair, the rose in the lapel, otherwise, he's all business, Westphalian war chief.

438931.jpg

Edited by Dougie93