Topic merge rules??

egghead

2 minutes ago, Charles Anthony said:

I did. I gave you the best advice you will ever get on the internet: Ask somebody in real life to read what you wrote. 

If you want to discuss public soap operas and circus acts of popular figures, feel free to start a group in the Clubs sub-forum and have at it.  Next time, I will enforce the forum Rules and Guidelines 

more strictly.

now, are you saying you deleted it, whatever you said,  you don't want to own it,  just don't :lol:

1 hour ago, Charles Anthony said:

If you want to discuss public soap operas and circus acts of popular figures, feel free to start a group in the Clubs sub-forum and have at it.  Next time, I will enforce the forum Rules and Guidelines 

there's a saying in my community that everything is political. You think that it is only a stupid soap operas. You better find out what really happened in Minneapolis. Too bad, for you, political may be only a Political Science. It is a life in real world. :lol:

Then, do you know that there are few follow-up news (TMZ-like) of that guy? If I want to make it this as a soap, I will post them too. The truth is that you just don't understand the topic.

Edited by egghead

3 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

more strictly.

What forum rule allows you to merge two threads of very different topics , together? Is there any repercussion for you for messing up? Or will forum members continue to pay for your moderation?

From Charle's DM , this is his response to me when I asked why the threads were merged.  Calling you out Charles. Had enough of this. This is not how you moderate.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:30 AM, Charles Anthony said:

The Omar crap is dying as it should.  It is already fixed.  Your thread fixed it. 

On 8/31/2019 at 11:12 AM, egghead said:

there's a saying in my community that everything is political.

For what it is worth, I agree with that.  Alas, your Opening Post did not make any political connection --- that is obvious.  Not surprisingly, your thread degraded into a clutter with no coherent political discussion.  The merger salvaged whatever "topic" you intended to provoke by turning it towards a political discussion and the clutter disappeared.  The intervention was a success. 

I want to see less childish banter and better quality discussion.  If you want to trash-talk a television personality, go right ahead by opening something in the clubs section and you can pretty much get away with anything except for breaking the laws of nature.   

20 hours ago, GostHacked said:

What forum rule allows you to merge two threads of very different topics , together?

Intuition. 

Both threads were degrading into trash talk and the merger fixed that.  You could not tell the difference as evidenced by this here your post: 

On 8/30/2019 at 1:36 PM, GostHacked said:
On 8/30/2019 at 1:22 PM, DogOnPorch said:

No cite would work with you if honeymooning in the USSR as a guest of the government doesn't. 

You might be right, but you have failed to even provide one simple cite to back up your 'claim'.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:24 PM, DogOnPorch said:

They all use the same guide book called the Quran which orders believers to fight the unbeliever until all religion is for Allah.

This is the exact rhetoric Omar was talking about. 

whereby you combined 2 quotes that originated each from both threads after the merger.

You fixed the problem. After your post, the garbage talk petered out.  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Charles Anthony said:

For what it is worth, I agree with that.  Alas, your Opening Post did not make any political connection --- that is obvious.  Not surprisingly, your thread degraded into a clutter with no coherent political discussion.  The merger salvaged whatever "topic" you intended to provoke by turning it towards a political discussion and the clutter disappeared.  The intervention was a success. 

I want to see less childish banter and better quality discussion.  If you want to trash-talk a television personality, go right ahead by opening something in the clubs section and you can pretty much get away with anything except for breaking the laws of nature.   

haha, it is crystal clear that you did not read the news yourself. You just read the title and make the call :lol::lol::lol:

1 minute ago, egghead said:

haha, it is crystal clear that you did not read the news yourself. You just read the title and make the call :lol::lol::lol:

And Charles A did it out of spite more than anything from what I can tell.  He did not like your thread so instead of locking it or addressing the OP, he smashed it into another thread of a completely different topic.  And then tells you , that YOU are wrong.  What a joke.

2 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

And Charles A did it out of spite more than anything from what I can tell.  He did not like your thread so instead of locking it or addressing the OP, he smashed it into another thread of a completely different topic.  And then tells you , that YOU are wrong.  What a joke.

First of all, I do not make the topic title. That is the newspaper title. Charles don't read it and too lazy to change the title. The story is about Omar's campaign money and her two marriages timeline.In fact, as I mentioned above, newspapers put this news into their political section, not TMZ section

Don't know, may be Charles is a Dems, too scare to let the truth comes out  :lol:

On 9/1/2019 at 12:13 PM, egghead said:

First of all, I do not make the topic title. That is the newspaper title. Charles don't read it and too lazy to change the title. The story is about Omar's campaign money and her two marriages timeline.In fact, as I mentioned above, newspapers put this news into their political section, not TMZ section

Don't know, may be Charles is a Dems, too scare to let the truth comes out  :lol:

Next time he says..'stay on topic'..... let's remember that threads have been locked for going off the rails and he derailed two threads by merging them. 

Because he felt like it. No other reason than that. No logic behind it, no reasoning, just for the hell of it calling it 'intuition'. 

Charles your intuition sucks.  I am going to keep going till you ban me or give us all an apology for fucking up.

Charles, you still need to answer for this.  Locking the other thread won't hide the fact that you merged two threads in error.

Go ahead and lock this one too. I'll make another, and another and another, until you correct the issue or give a formal apology to ALL of MLW for your 'intuition'.

14 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Charles, you still need to answer for this.  Locking the other thread won't hide the fact that you merged two threads in error.

We disagree on it being an error.  

I looked at this post:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1352303

and associated it with the clutter generated by this post:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1364916

and reckoned there was no need for the separate threads leading The road to 2020.  

You proved me right with this post:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1365293

where, after the merger, you combined 2 quotes that each originated from the 2 threads and you linked them together coherently.  

You did so without realizing they originated from the 2 threads:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1365299

You made the merger was a success.  

2 minutes ago, Charles Anthony said:

We disagree on it being an error.  

I looked at this post:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1352303

and associated it with the clutter generated by this post:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1364916

and reckoned there was no need for the separate threads leading The road to 2020.  

You proved me right with this post:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1365293

where, after the merger, you combined 2 quotes that each originated from the 2 threads and you linked them together coherently.  

You did so without realizing they originated from the 2 threads:  

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/39679-the-road-to-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1365299

You made the merger was a success.  

You counted on me to fix your shit? Make me a mod then.

Go fuck yourself. I am out of here.