Liberals exempt Chinese steel from tariffs, ship jobs to China

Argus

Dougie:  it is definitely lazy, chickenshit and greedy.

Sorry to have to point out: you are a perfect example.  The money you make created not one single job, as no wealth was created (you  bought your stocks as you have said AFTER the IPO, so the money was already at risk and working from the real investors).

Once Canadians start to give a flying purple fuck about anyone but themselves personally, then the solutions can be put in place.  For that to happen, they need to understand how the world and economies actually work.  Then DO something about other than, 'I got mine, so fuck you".

16 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Dougie:  it is definitely lazy, chickenshit and greedy.

Sorry to have to point out: you are a perfect example.  The money you make created not one single job, as no wealth was created (you  bought your stocks as you have said AFTER the IPO, so the money was already at risk and working from the real investors).

Once Canadians start to give a flying purple fuck about anyone but themselves personally, then the solutions can be put in place.  For that to happen, they need to understand how the world and economies actually work.  Then DO something about other than, 'I got mine, so fuck you".

But I no longer care about Canada, Canada is increasingly in Communist no man's land,  I refuse to go there willingly.

I'm falling back to the Americans, in Washington and Manhattan.   It's called the Flight to Quality.

In terms my equity profits, I had no idea there was going to be so much policy stimulus to juice the markets up 1000%

I just happened to get in at the right time to exploit that, blind luck, wasn't my expectation it was going to go up so far so fast, in a central bank incited biggest bull market of all time.

It's not me whose making it rain, it's the central banks. They are driving everything into the equity markets, I am simply taking my profits as they go.

I am a Cold Warrior, I fought the Cold War, I am an Anti-Communist, I am not going to capitulate to Canadian Communism, period, full stop.

Canada does not protect me, does not protect my property, does not protect my rights.  Canada is selling me down the river to Beijing.

Thus I am forced to seek the protection of the United Kingdom - United States Security Agreement.

Flight to Quality.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

Sorry to generalize: but your attitude is shared between left and right: cut off your news to spite your face.

No, my attitude is do the appropriate thing which is not make the most powerful dictator on the planet even more powerful by fuelling its growth.

Our grandparents sacrificed some 25% of their GDP to fight tyranny.  Who's fucking side are you on anyway?

And Canadians are not lazy, I am lazy, I defend my laziness, I am of the Anti-Work Movement, because again, jobs are jails, and that's very deliberate.

Canadians however are kept working all the time in this fake work regime, either working, or working to find work, which is kept scarce on purpose, to keep Canadians down.

Canadians are not chickenshit, they are simply naive and do not see the full structure of the regime set upon them, so they are not reacting to it.

in Hong Kong they see it, so they are reacting.   Canadians might react like that, if they understood how far down the rabbit hole Canada has gone.

What is happening to Hong Kong is happening to Canada too,  Canadians are not chicken, but they are docile and compliant.

In terms of greed, I have nothing against greed, because, again,  I am not a communist,  I am anti to all that Bolshevist tyranny, up to and including the threshold of war.

As in the First Cold War, up to and including the threshold of thermonuclear war, although, as ever, only as an absolute last resort.

God willing, Anglo-America will win Cold War Two as we won Cold War One, and so it won't come to that in the end.

Canada however, in no man's land, has become a liability, and so I am simply joining many others around the world, in backing away from Canada.

As Canada moves evermore towards Beijing.

I'm not following Canada to Beijing, buh-bye, Canada, sayonara, enjoy the monstrous Communist dictatorship if that is your preference.

I am not bound, morally, ethically, nor constitutionally, to follow a bunch of lemmings into an Orwellian Panopticon run by Xi Jinping & Co.

Edited by Dougie93

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, my attitude is do the appropriate thing which is not make the most powerful dictator on the planet even more powerful by fuelling its growth.

Our grandparents sacrificed some 25% of their GDP to fight tyranny.  Who's fucking side are you on anyway?

Cannuk has said that he is invested in China, so perhaps he is simply become one of the entrenched interests selling you down the river to Beijing, for his own profit.

Much as it is tempting to access all those US Dollars in China, I don't do business in China, because it's not really capitalism, it is as you say, a tyranny.

State authoritarian, totalitarian, and centrally planned to defend and uphold that.  Communist dictatorship.

Edited by Dougie93

One of the main reasons Trudeau has to go is that he is milquetoast towards the aggression of dictators like Xi and wannabe dictators like Trump.  He hasn’t recognized the fact that China benefits more from trade with Canada than we do from China.  Many countries can rely on their cheap labour to produce exports for North America: Vietnam, Indonesia, India, the list goes on.  A strong leader would apply equal or greater trade barriers to China for its ban on Canadian pork, beef. canola, and soy.  He or she would threaten to expel Chinese diplomats due to the illegitimate detention of Canadians.  He or she would also set a firm deadline for the decision on extradition of Meng to the US.  Canada is being taken advantage of.  

Eyeball is right on this.  Canadians made serious sacrifices to protect their way of life in the world wars and have paid heavily in earnings to resettle refugees.  A strong Canadian leader would put all trade options on the table with China, up to a ban on all imports of products that are majority Chinese-made.   Dougie wants to see Canada tank.  He’s a carpet-bagger, willing to bet against the country that employed him.  

I also think we’re at a point where the patience with belligerents like Trump needs to end.  He should be standing up for Hong Kong and doing something about the gun problem.  Instead he’s whining about not being able to buy foreign territories and calling himself the “Chosen One”.  I’ll give him this, he doesn’t care what people think and he is standing up to China, if ineffectively.  Trudeau is noticeably absent, allowing China to beat up on his foreign minister.  What a wimp.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

25 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Dougie wants to see Canada tank.  He’s a carpet-bagger, willing to bet against the country that employed him. 

I'm an Accelerationist. I'm not making a bet, I am trying to incite a crisis, because as the Chinese say, with crisis comes opportunity.

Disaster Capitalism as Naomi Klein calls it.  This was not my preference, but as Canada courts disaster, those are the cards I have been dealt.

The government that employed me is selling itself down the river to Beijing, again, I am not bound, morally, ethically, nor constitutionally, to follow Canada into the darkness.

Because of course, the actual country which employed me, is the House of Windsor at Buckingham Palace, which is not a government, but rather the living embodiment of the constitution.

Edited by Dougie93

Eyeball has it exactly right.   This has degenerated beyond the threshold of economics; "muh jerbs"  "muh taruffs"  "duh immugrunts"  That's all the fake work job jail.

This is now the threshold once again, of global war.

Cold War  Two.   Information Warfare.   Monstrous Communist Dictatorship encircling you in no man's land.

Stand to, stand to.

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm an Accelerationist. I'm not making a bet, I am trying to incite a crisis, because as the Chinese say, with crisis comes opportunity.

Disaster Capitalism as Naomi Klein calls it.  This what not my preference, but as Canada courts disaster, those are the cards I have been dealt.

The government that employed me is selling itself down the river to Beijing, again, I am not bound, morally, ethically, nor constitutionally, to follow Canada into the darkness.

Because of course, the actual country which employed me, is the House of Windsor at Buckingham Palace, which is not a government, but rather the living embodiment of the constitution.

That’s a lie.  Canadian taxpayers employed you. You worked for Canada.  Your misplaced overvaluation of the Queen is delusional.  She paid you nothing.  It’s like the poor people who grinned themselves to death in the palace parades, as the stylists picked out the designer dress that the monarch would only wear once.  As monarchs go, the Queen is exemplary, but monarchs deserve little or no authority in this day and age.  They are anachronisms, historic cultural features.  I’m not saying they have no value.  They have meaning to many people, including in our constitutional democracy, but have a realistic perspective.  

43 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s a lie.  Canadian taxpayers employed you. You worked for Canada.  Your misplaced overvaluation of the Queen is delusional.  She paid you nothing.  It’s like the poor people who grinned themselves to death in the palace parades, as the stylists picked out the designer dress that the monarch would only wear once.  As monarchs go, the Queen is exemplary, but monarchs deserve little or no authority in this day and age.  They are anachronisms, historic cultural features.  I’m not saying they have no value.  They have meaning to many people, including in our constitutional democracy, but have a realistic perspective.  

I have already fulfilled the contract of unlimited liability to the Canadian taxpayer.

The Canadian taxpayer contracted me to be an elite infantry soldier to fight against tyrannies at the gates, in broad strokes,  the Nazis and/or the Commies.

I was always told by the Canadian taxpayer, that when I fulfilled this contract, I would be allowed to turn my kit in to quartermaster stores and then I would receive a pension.

Professional Soldier.  Quid pro quo.  Contract of unlimited liability.

Fulfilled in all respects.  All is square.  The taxpayer doesn't owe me anything more, nor do I owe the taxpayer anything, all my taxes are paid in full.

My solemn oath to the Sovereign, Head of State, Commander-in-Chief, and living embodiment of the constitution however, remains in effect, as that is what protects me from tyranny, with failing hands I pass the torch to the troops I trained.

And I trained a lot of troops over the years, hundreds of them, so I was an exponential force multiplier,  thus in my professional estimation, the Canadian taxpayers got their monies worth.

The only other obligation I have vis a vis my service, is to the United Kingdom - United States Security Agreement.

To protect, secure and not disseminate any classified material which I was privy to by security clearance and to not compromise operational nor personnel security therein.

Which I do and will, so help me God, because again, House of Windsor is UKUSSA.

At the strategic level, in this case in the face of the dictatorship in Beijing, UKUSSA protects me, protects my property, protects my rights, so I protect UKUSSA

Furthermore, as I retain a Canadian passport and reside in Canada, I remain at the disposal of the Canadian taxpayer, by way of conscription, stage four mobilization.

I can pass the Battle Fitness Test, right now, if the Canadian taxpayer needs me to do that tomorrow morning even, that can be arranged, upon order in council.

Edited by Dougie93

12 hours ago, cannuck said:

I don't understand all of the animosity towards China.

It largely begins with China's animosity and threats towards us. Add in their influence peddling with Canadian politicians, attempts to bully and influence their diaspora in Canada, and propaganda and espionage and hacking efforts in Canada, which greatly exceed what any other nation has ever attempted, and you can find plenty of reason to dislike China.

Add in them being a Fascist state with an imperial expansion agenda and you've got the whole package

The "right" seems to despise China because they are successful and we sit here with far more resources per capita than ANY other country and we are just scraping by. 

Hundreds of millions of Chinese live in absolute poverty by Canadian standards. Hundreds of millions more work jobs which are akin to slave labour, earning barely enough to get by while living in hovels. The 'success' is largely concentrated among the party leaders and their friends and relatives. China's 'middle class' earns on average between $9k and $16k per year. The flow of immigrants out of China and into Canada ought to give a clue that masses of Chinese people believe life is much better in Canada.

The animosity from the left side is even more peculiar.  China is the real deal, a Communist dictatorship that has the sense

China is a fascist state, not communist.

3 hours ago, cannuck said:

I have worked with ironworkers in Ft. Mac who are on 28 on, 4 off cycle of 12s.  That gives them $230k for a year.   NOW you know why they get passed over.  For someone with basically no training, few skills and little repsonsibility, that is ridiculous

If we don't have enough ironworkers then we need to train more, not import foreigners to do the work.

Corporate welfare is a distortion, it's make work funded by the government, so it doesn't expand by market forces, so it doesn't train any people for the future.

Reason being, soon as that corporate welfare might go somewhere else, the artificial labour market created by that corporate welfare will collapse back down overnight.

In terms of investment, corporate welfare schemes are what is called Pump & Dump.

You get in, skim off the taxpayer, take your profits, and get out.

That's a short position.    You're not training people for the future, that would be a long position.

But since corporate welfare is artificial and inherently politicized, it is both capricious and fickle, so you don't want to bet long with that.

Edited by Dougie93

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't care about the Canadian fake job economy.

The Canadian economy is moribund because the government cripples it by protectionism of narrowly vested entrenched interests.

Work is bullshit, jobs are jails, it's make work,to keep people working all the time so they have no time to organize against the government of narrowly vested entrenched interests.

It's not about people being lazy, not stupid, nor chickenshit, they are brainwashed by the Canadian media to be apparatchiks for the government of this Company Town.

The fake work leaves people with no time to even think, they spend all their time working or trying to find work, this exhausts people, they have no substantial time for anything else.

In terms of China, China is a monstrous Communist dictatorship at the gates, infiltrating and taking control, by paying off the narrowly vested entrenched interests.

The Canadian government "IS" the problem. Canadians are lucky to have a job. With the liberals around and running the show, it may not be much longer before the only good job a Canadian can find will be with some fast food outfit. As I have mentioned many times here. Most of our politically correct puppet on a string politicians appear to be pro rest of the world and not pro Canada. Canada should be one wealthy country and all Canadians should be wealthy people. But when Canadians allow their screwed up in the head politicians to run this country what else can they expect but more taxes and more government. Our politicians are great at creating more new taxes and more red tape to stifle growth. 

Government 'IS" the problem , and not we the people that is the problem. Politicians need to get off the backs of Canadians and let then do their thing, even if it means that a turtle or a bird or a creek gets displaced. Environmentalists, Native Indians and animal lovers are also aiding in the destroying of the creation of new jobs in Canada. But hey, eh?  

I think that China pretty much controls much of the Canadian economy today and is taking more control of our economy every new day. Besides, why is Canada dealing with a communist country anyway? Isn't communism the sworn enemy of capitalism? Why isn't the world getting together to try and take down communist China like they did with apartheid in South Africa? Why is the freedom of the people in China and North Korea not as important as it was to take down apartheid and free the blacks in SA? I think that it was a racial anti-white thing. Just saying. But dealing and doing business with a communist China is propping up communism in China and keeping it's people in communist chains and slavery. Way the go, Canada. 

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

The Canadian government "IS" the problem. Canadians are lucky to have a job.

The Canadian Government is a problem, and potentially a catastrophic problem if they are permitted to sell Canada down the river to the Stalinist dictatorship in Beijing.

None the less, Canadians are not lucky to have a job. 

The promise of the modern world was supposed to be that technology innovation and entrepreneurship would allow people to have exponentially more leisure to pursue life, liberty and happiness.

That didn't happen, but the reason is actually religion. 

Protestant Puritanical Calvinism.   The underlying influence of this religious zeal led by John Calvin in the 16th century has persisted even to this day.

So people actually make themselves work, puritanically, the original purpose asserted by John Calvin was that it was the best way into Heaven.

Now it's simply a zombie legacy project of Protestants from 400 years ago, but the masses don't notice, because they are worked all the time, or forced to look for work, in a big make work fake work project which the elites use to keep people in line, so people do not even have the time and energies to consider why they do things and what they could do instead, if they stopped being Calvinist Puritans, even if only subconsciously by this point 400 years into this regime.

Edited by Dougie93

21 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

1,000,000,000 barrels of oil imported annually, while Alberta & Saskatchewan sit idle . . .

And if there are still many Canadians who still believe that their Canadian politicians care and love and have their interests in we the people have to be on something weird. We are being led by the nose by our politically correct puppet on a string politicians who from all appearances do not have we the Canadian people in mind. They appear to have contempt for we the people instead. Imagine what the price of oil would be in Canada today if we put more effort and time and money into the drilling of oil in Canada and in the ocean? I guess that what I keep saying all along is true. Our politicians are more interested in helping the rest of the world get rich while Canadians can just keep getting poorer. Pathetic. 

24 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

1,000,000,000 barrels of oil imported annually, while Alberta & Saskatchewan sit idle . . .

The Alberta and Saskatchewan hydrocarbon market is down, tho it's not in anyway idle, because there is a long term depression in the global hydrocarbon market.

It used to be 20% of the market in the 1970's, now it's only 5% of the market.

Greater efficiency is killing business in the Oil Patch, Information age revolution, oil is not the most valuable commodity on earth, information has become the most valuable commodity.

Not importing cheap oil from the world markets would not make Canadian oil more valuable, nor would it make it more available, it would however cause gas prices to go through the roof, obviously.

The dream of Alberta being Canada's station ain't ever gonna happen, in fact, that whole market will become worth ever less in the long term oil depression that it won't be worth extracting that much of it in the end.

1 minute ago, taxme said:

And if there are still many Canadians who still believe that their Canadian politicians care and love and have their interests in we the people have to be on something weird. We are being led by the nose by our politically correct puppet on a string politicians who from all appearances do not have we the Canadian people in mind. They appear to have contempt for we the people instead. Imagine what the price of oil would be in Canada today if we put more effort and time and money into the drilling of oil in Canada and in the ocean? I guess that what I keep saying all along is true. Our politicians are more interested in helping the rest of the world get rich while Canadians can just keep getting poorer. Pathetic. 

Tho the entrenched interests are screwing you, the oil market depression is not of their making.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

The Canadian Government is a problem, and potentially a catastrophic problem if they are permitted to sell Canada down the river to the Stalinist dictatorship in Beijing.

None the less, Canadians are not lucky to have a job. 

The promise of the modern world was supposed to be that technology innovation and entrepreneurship would allow people to have exponentially more leisure to pursue life, liberty and happiness.

That didn't happen, but the reason is actually religion. 

Protestant Puritanical Calvinism.   The underlying influence of this religious zeal led by John Calvin in the 16th century has persisted even to this day.

So people actually make themselves work, puritanically, the original purpose asserted by John Calvin was that it was the best way into Heaven.

Now it's simply a zombie legacy project of Protestants from 400 years ago, but the masses don't notice, because they are worked all the time, or forced to look for work, in a big make work fake work project which the elites use to keep people in line, so people do not even have the time and energies to consider why they do things and what they could do instead, if they stopped being Calvinist Puritans, even if only subconsciously by this point 400 years into this regime.

There’s some truth to that.  Now you’re talking about the high level social engineering that has persisted since time immemorial to keep people placated with shiny consumer goods that they don’t need and to work at jobs to earn the money to buy these goods, even though much of the production required to meet people’s needs can be done by machines.  Technology was supposed to give us more leisure time.  Instead we are competing for McJobs in a service economy that has offshored better jobs to low cost labour jurisdictions.  People in fact are earning less in real dollars, though their money goes further on cheap imports than it used to.  Housing has become the single greatest expense because that labour can’t be offshored.  So yes, we are partly beholden to China and partly beholden to the multi-nationals that benefit shareholders with low-cost production.  The money supply is also somewhat engineered because we have learned that governments (really their central banks) can print their way out of recessions/debt because no one wants to see the system collapse lest it gets replaced with something worse.  We have to believe that there’s a better way, that we have more control over our destiny than that.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

We have to believe that there’s a better way, that we have more control over our destiny than that.  

I do believe that and I am living it, to include being Anti-Work, I'm not complaining, I was merely passing Anti-Work analysis to help people see the cause of their prospensity to force themselves to the coal face rather than the elites actually needing to impose that, the elites don't impose so much as exploit Euro-American Protestant Calvinism.

Although not all peoples are like this, there are Anti-Work countries, the bourgeoisie in France being an example, where while they are often ostensibly working for pay in reality they are milking the system and goofing off and they feel no guilt about it. 

10 hours ago, cannuck said:

I have worked with ironworkers in Ft. Mac who are on 28 on, 4 off cycle of 12s.  That gives them $230k for a year.   NOW you know why they get passed over.  For someone with basically no training, few skills and little repsonsibility, that is ridiculous

What an ignorant thing to say.  I would love to see you work away from friends and family in some remote work camp up north, 28 days straight for 12 hours/day.  Most people can't cut it.  Unless you think some egghead University Professor teaching Woman's studies deserves more, while working 1 fraction of what trades people do, in the nice confines of the city with all the perks.  Talk about elitism. 

"NOW you know why they get passed over.  For someone with basically no training, few skills and little repsonsibility, that is ridiculous"

You do realize it takes a ton of intelligence and effort to become a red seal tradesman, but keep on looking down upon the working class if it makes you feel better.

Edited by J4L

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Cannuk has said that he is invested in China, so perhaps he is simply become one of the entrenched interests selling you down the river to Beijing, for his own profit.

Just like Alberta, Ottawa and everyone from the NDP to the CPC are all jumping in and making China and its dictatorship grow even more powerful in the process.  This is a network of totalitarianism that should be even more reviled and illegal than any network of terror and for the very same reasons.  George Orwell, when asked how to prevent the sort of totalitarianism he wrote of replied; "just don't let it happen". I mean how freaking hard can that really be?  That said our grandparents invested %25 of their GDP to the cause but I'm pretty sure they'd be wondering why if they could see their just how dependant we've become on the biggest most powerful totalitarian dictatorship on the planet for our...'profit'.

This certainly isn't why my grand-kid's other grandparents fled China some 40 odd years ago.  They didn't buy the notion that dealing with China would make them more like us either and its depressingly clear that the opposite is occurring while China's dictatorship doubles down.  Why wouldn't they given how we're handing it to them on a silver platter?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Just like Alberta, Ottawa and everyone from the NDP to the CPC are all jumping in and making China and its dictatorship grow even more powerful in the process.  This is a network of totalitarianism that should be even more reviled and illegal than any network of terror and for the very same reasons.  George Orwell, when asked how to prevent the sort of totalitarianism he wrote of replied; "just don't let it happen". I mean how freaking hard can that really be?  That said our grandparents invested %25 of their GDP to the cause but I'm pretty sure they'd be wondering why if they could see their just how dependant we've become on the biggest most powerful totalitarian dictatorship on the planet for our...'profit'.

This certainly isn't why my grand-kid's other grandparents fled China some 40 odd years ago.  They didn't buy the notion that dealing with China would make them more like us either and its depressingly clear that the opposite is occurring while China's dictatorship doubles down.  Why wouldn't they given how we're handing it to them on a silver platter?

Well now you are like the Premature Anti Fascists (PAF) MacKenzie - Papineau (Mac - Paps) 

• Like 1