Israel and BDS Movement

scribblet

The BDS movement and their anti semite supporters are pretty sneaky with their propaganda which is not as most understand.   

IF BDS HAD HONORABLE INTENTIONS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS et al, they would not be singularly attacking Israel and ignoring such countries as China, North Korea and Russia, and particularly many of the Muslim countries. Why is there no collective organization protesting their continuing deplorable actions?   Obviously because it's not in the interests of anti Semites to do so.

"The Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel often presents itself as a non-violent method to support Palestinian rights. It is critical to understand however, that to the founders and leaders of the movement, BDS is a tool to bring about the end of the State of Israel."

In the video below, Omar Barghouti -- a founding member and leading activist of the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) -- explains frankly and clearly that, despite what many might think, the end of Israel's military presence and the establishment of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza is not the end game of BDS.

Video
"If the occupation ends, let's say, would that end your calls for BDS? No, it wouldn't," he said.

https://www.creativecommunityforpeace.com/about-bds/

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Can someone criticize Isreal and support BDS without being anti--Semite?

Yes, if it it's in good faith and your end game is not the destruction of Israel.

This speaks to the issue very well

https://www.vaildaily.com/opinion/wissot-you-can-criticize-israel-without-being-anti-semitic-column/

Edited by scribblet

23 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Can someone criticize Isreal and support BDS without being anti--Semite?

Yes.  But if they don't also support BDS for places like China and Saudi Arabia they're giant hypocrites.

For instance, China is literally committing genocide against Muslim minorities:  https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/muslim-women-reportedly-sterilized-in-chinese-re-education-camps/

The silence is deafening.  To her credit, Ilhan Omar is a vocal critic of both the Saudi and Chinese regime.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Yes, if it it's in good faith and your end game is not the destruction of Israel.

Given the way many people think they can mind-read and make assumptions about motive, I would say this isn't really reassuring.

Officially, I oppose Israel's continued annexation of Palestinian land.  I have nothing against Jews, and I have no problem with Isreal having their own land.  But they should stick to their borders, defending if need be, but not moving settlers into land already populated by Palestinians.  For that reason, I would support BDS.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Given the way many people think they can mind-read and make assumptions about motive, I would say this isn't really reassuring.

I am with you on this notion.

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Officially, I oppose Israel's continued annexation of Palestinian land.  I have nothing against Jews, and I have no problem with Isreal having their own land.  But they should stick to their borders, defending if need be, but not moving settlers into land already populated by Palestinians.  For that reason, I would support BDS.

Exactly. Products/services made in the occupied territories passed off as 100% Isaeli products is what people have the problem with. Ethically I cannot support this.

'Palestinians' will never stop until Israel doesn't exist, that is their goal. They believe that Israel should not exist and has no right to any land and will not rest until Israel is gone. People seem to ignore that, which is why Israel needs a buffer zone Having said that Israel did agree at one time to give up 90% of it, didn't fly I guess.  

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

The Arabs started the war with the full intention of killing every Jew in the Levant. They followed the Nazi Grand Mufti and his call to continue the Holocaust against the Jews.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1893&dat=19470915&id=lLAfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=N9cEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1802,5405767&hl=en

gmjerus.jpg

The Arabs lost...badly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab–Israeli_War

Losers don't dictate terms...no matter how many airliners or cruise ships they hijack or blow-up in order to terrorize the planet into giving them another chance to murder all the Jews.

And here's something for everyone to remember, even you antisemites and BDS supporters out there: before 1967, there were no 'Palestinians'...just Egyptians and Jordanians respectively. They transformed magically after the Arabs lost yet another war that they, themselves, started...the Six Day War. 

I can only assume that if you support the "Palestinians" (PLO/Hamas), you're also a fan of Hitler and probably thought he was a good man. These folks won't sign on to Camp David...they only want dead Jews...as their Nazi Grand Mufti promised them.

Can't delete this, dialamah...hypocrite.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Exactly. Products/services made in the occupied territories passed off as 100% Isaeli products is what people have the problem with. Ethically I cannot support this.

I'm sure the Arabs working at these Israeli businesses in Judea/Samaria will be happy to learn you want them to be unemployed in order to stroke your supposed ethics.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

I have a freind who is a big supporter of Palestine and I've found that a lot of what she posts against Israel turn out to be lies.

This one for instance:  (Just one, I know of many because I read blogs more than mainstream media)

On Sept. 30, 2000, Charles Enderlin reported for France's TV channel - France 2 - that a 12 year old Palestinian boy was shot and killed by the IDF, dying in agony.  He provided a 55 second clip showing a boy and his father hiding behind some barrels.  The footage went viral and the boy was touted as a symbol of Palestinian victimhood and Israeli brutality.  The Palestinian cameraman who filmed it testified that the boy was killed intentionally and in cold blood.

It wasn't until 2004 that 3 reporters were allowed to view the actual 27 minute long video and discovered that it mostly depicted Palestinians ACTING as if they had been shot and were dying and that there was no actual footage of the boy in his death throes.  Comparison with other film from the same incident proved it was a hoax.

In 2006, 3 French reporters who reported on the hoax were charged with defamation and found guilty - clearly "good" lies are permitted and "bad" truths are punished.

The verdict was appealed and this time the judge asked to see the footage.  The reporter was finally cleared in May, 2008.  

The mainstream media reported very little after the initial accusations - the truth only came out in blogs.  I made my friend aware of this when she recently posted of the "Mohammed al-Dura boy" who was shot by Israel.

The mainstream media is complicit in covering up what's really going on and Islam is getting better and better at manipulating the masses through the media towards Islamic sympathies.  I rarely believe Palestine's version of events, until I've seen the proof.

Although I'm sure Israel engages in it's own share of brainwashing the public through mainstream media, I have difficulty faulting Israel - the Palestinian mandate is not to live peacefully next door to Israel.  It is to destroy them.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I have a freind who is a big supporter of Palestine and I've found that a lot of what she posts against Israel turn out to be lies.

This one for instance:  (Just one, I know of many because I read blogs more than mainstream media)

On Sept. 30, 2000, Charles Enderlin reported for France's TV channel - France 2 - that a 12 year old Palestinian boy was shot and killed by the IDF, dying in agony.  He provided a 55 second clip showing a boy and his father hiding behind some barrels.  The footage went viral and the boy was touted as a symbol of Palestinian victimhood and Israeli brutality.  The Palestinian cameraman who filmed it testified that the boy was killed intentionally and in cold blood....

The classic documentary...Pallywood...describes these events.

• Like 1

If you want to know more about the little trip to Israel by Omar and Tlaib read this.  They could've gone with the bipartisan congressional delegation to Israel but chose not to, going instead on a trip sponsored by vicious anti Semites who actually published the Blood Libel hoax on their site, printed neo-nazi propaganda, and celebrates terrorists who kill children:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/ilhan-omar-and-rashida-tlaib-partnered-with-vicious-anti-semites-to-plan-their-trip-to-israel/

Edited by scribblet

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

The classic documentary...Pallywood...describes these events.

Bruce Bawer is a journalist and writer who has written extensively about how the media in Europe has undermined freedom of speech,  out of fear of Muslim reprisal.

The riots over the Mohammed cartoons are the best example of this and I don't think most people understand how it impacted democratic freedom of speech.

For many Western supporters of Islam, freedom of speech must take a backseat to Muslims feeling offended.  I don't think they have fully thought this through to its logical end.  Freedom of speech has allowed religion to be criticized - rightly so.  Sharia law insists that Islam is not to be criticized and to do so means death.  A lot of mainstream media is towing the Islamic line.

It's interesting to watch how every time there's a major terrorist act, the media is quick to call in the "backlash ploy." - innocent Western Muslims suddenly fear a "backlash" - neatly  shifting focus away from real acts of violence against non-Muslims by Muslims, to imaginary acts of violence, again making Muslims the victims in even the terrorism they themselves commit.  Victimhood is huge in Islam.

This is what the Palestinians are doing.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, scribblet said:

If you want to know more about the little trip to Israel by Omar and Tlaib read this.  They could've gone with the bipartisan congressional delegation to Israel but chose not to, going instead on a trip sponsored by vicious anti Semites who actually published the Blood Libel hoax on their site, printed neo-nazi propaganda, and celebrates terrorists who kill children:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/ilhan-omar-and-rashida-tlaib-partnered-with-vicious-anti-semites-to-plan-their-trip-to-israel/

They should serve as a reminder that Islam is not just a religion, but a political system.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm sure the Arabs working at these Israeli businesses in Judea/Samaria will be happy to learn you want them to be unemployed in order to stroke your supposed ethics.

Suddenly you care about Arabs being employed?  Right.

6 hours ago, GostHacked said:

But you’re cool with products/services produced on what some consider native land but exported as Canadian.  Regardless, if you want to start getting into ethics, there are dozens of countries you should be boycotting too.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shady said:

But you’re cool with products/services produced on what some consider native land but exported as Canadian.  Regardless, if you want to start getting into ethics, there are dozens of countries you should be boycotting too.  

Is there a question you'd like to ask instead of making idiotic assumptions and projections?

11 hours ago, Goddess said:

On Sept. 30, 2000, Charles Enderlin reported for France's TV channel - France 2 - that a 12 year old Palestinian boy was shot and killed by the IDF, dying in agony.  He provided a 55 second clip showing a boy and his father hiding behind some barrels.  The footage went viral and the boy was touted as a symbol of Palestinian victimhood and Israeli brutality.  The Palestinian cameraman who filmed it testified that the boy was killed intentionally and in cold blood.

It wasn't until 2004 that 3 reporters were allowed to view the actual 27 minute long video and discovered that it mostly depicted Palestinians ACTING as if they had been shot and were dying and that there was no actual footage of the boy in his death throes.  Comparison with other film from the same incident proved it was a hoax.

In 2006, 3 French reporters who reported on the hoax were charged with defamation and found guilty - clearly "good" lies are permitted and "bad" truths are punished.

The verdict was appealed and this time the judge asked to see the footage.  The reporter was finally cleared in May, 2008.  

The mainstream media reported very little after the initial accusations - the truth only came out in blogs.  I made my friend aware of this when she recently posted of the "Mohammed al-Dura boy" who was shot by Israel.

The mainstream media is complicit in covering up what's really going on and Islam is getting better and better at manipulating the masses through the media towards Islamic sympathies.  I rarely believe Palestine's version of events, until I've seen the proof.

Although I'm sure Israel engages in it's own share of brainwashing the public through mainstream media, I have difficulty faulting Israel - the Palestinian mandate is not to live peacefully next door to Israel.  It is to destroy them.

Lets not forget the PLO strategically placed terrorist cells, which were designed to launch rockets into Israel, and recruit suicide bombers into ISrael, by placing them near Hospitals, daycare centres, elementary schools, nursing homes, etc. This is why I have no respect for these people.  They are willing to put innocent lives into the line of fire, in order to gain International sympathy when the IDF inevitably launches counter-strikes against these belligerents. 

6 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Is there a question you'd like to ask instead of making idiotic assumptions and projections?

Shady's comparison was fair, and historically accurate.  

9 hours ago, Goddess said:

Bruce Bawer is a journalist and writer who has written extensively about how the media in Europe has undermined freedom of speech,  out of fear of Muslim reprisal.

The riots over the Mohammed cartoons are the best example of this and I don't think most people understand how it impacted democratic freedom of speech.

For many Western supporters of Islam, freedom of speech must take a backseat to Muslims feeling offended.  I don't think they have fully thought this through to its logical end.  Freedom of speech has allowed religion to be criticized - rightly so.  Sharia law insists that Islam is not to be criticized and to do so means death.  A lot of mainstream media is towing the Islamic line.

It's interesting to watch how every time there's a major terrorist act, the media is quick to call in the "backlash ploy." - innocent Western Muslims suddenly fear a "backlash" - neatly  shifting focus away from real acts of violence against non-Muslims by Muslims, to imaginary acts of violence, again making Muslims the victims in even the terrorism they themselves commit.  Victimhood is huge in Islam.

This is what the Palestinians are doing.

This is precisely what is happening in France.  The country has the largest Jewish population in Europe at 600,000.  Unfortunately, Muslims make up 6,000,000 people in France.  As a result, Jews have been beaten in the streets for being Jews. You cannot wear any type of religious gear in public if you are Jewish, in fear of being mobbed spit on, harasse, or beaten by Islamic gangs. To a lesser extent, this also occurs in the UK, Germany, Holland.  However, French Jews are now leaving the country for Israel and North America in fear of their lives. 

The French Government has repeatedly denied that Muslim Antisemitism is a problem in France, for fear of upsetting the Muslims. 

This is from 2015.  How can a proposal like this not be considered anti semitic and reminiscent of Nazi Germany tactics,   what could possibly go wrong.  https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/eu-requires-labeling-products-produced-israeli-settlements-n461461

While there is no EU official wording, goods must carry the word "settlement" on the tag when sold in European shops. If an Israeli farmer refuses, a retail outlet can attach the label themselves, as the European Commission has sufficient information about where goods come from.

Meanwhile, fast forward to 2019 where are court will rule on this, a court that usually sides with the EU  but if the ECJ affirms the advocate general’s recommendation, as it does in most cases, it – and the EU in general – inevitably will be accused of anti-Semitism.  After all, such a ruling would effectively require products from the same geographical area to be labeled differently, according to whether they were made by Jewish settlers or by Muslims living under the Palestinian Authority. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-08-14/product-labels-aren-t-the-place-for-the-eu-to-play-politics

When I go shopping, everything I buy is labelled telling me where it came from.  This makes it remarkably easy for me to either support or boycott certain companies or countries.  This is considered information I'm entitled to as a consumer, but now because Isreal is involved its "anti-semitic"?  Give me a break.

• Like 1

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge