Jump to content

Breaking: Trudeau officially broke the law


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

.You've spent time slagging both Cons and Justin, who by the way has taken a shit on your door step, lite it on fire, and Now your standing there in ankle deep  burning shit and Justin  is giving you the finger....

I guess I just don't agree that he's "taken a shit on your door step, lite it on fire, and Now your standing there in ankle deep  burning shit and Justin  is giving you the finger".  That sounds like hyperbolic partisanship BS to me. 

I don't like some of the things Liberals/JT have done, but I do like some other things they've done.  I am wary of Scheer because of how I see right-wing climate change denial and right-wing extremism has been developing.  I may be wrong on that count, but one has to decide these things for themselves, even if.they're wrong sometimes.  I would be a lot more comforrable if someone like Michael Chong had been chosen conservative leader.

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I'm not sure you know whom your going to vote for , your all over the place

I think this is better than knowing absolutley for certain who one is going to vote for, election after election after election.

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

What does this Justin have to do to change your mind ? 

He, his party and a significant portion of his supporters would have to downplay climate change, downplay right-wing extremism, and be supportive of preventing abortion access for women.

Edited by dialamah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I guess I just don't agree that he's "taken a shit on your door step, lite it on fire, and Now your standing there in ankle deep  burning shit and Justin  is giving you the finger".  That sounds like hyperbolic partisanship BS to me. 

The man has come out our National media and Lied, many times, over and over again. Not only about SNC, but his dismissal of 2 of his MP's, how he snuck in the last part of the bill for SNC dismissal crimes. To me it shows a lack of character, leadership, integrity, honesty, you know things we are looking for in a person, let alone our PM....he will not own his mistakes, he pushes blame on Harper for 99 % of his problems, once again showing his lack of leadership, integrity etc... To make it worse he promised all of us he was going to do politics differently, he was going to be honest , transparent , show true leadership, and conduct himself with the highest standards...or atleast higher than harpers....

Thats not partisanship...thats being a good judge of character....

Quote

don't like some of the things Liberals/JT have done, but I do like some other things they've done.  I am wary of Scheer because of how I see right-wing climate change denial and right-wing extremism has been developing.  I may be wrong on that count, but one has to decide these things for themselves, even if.they're wrong sometimes.  I would be a lot more comforrable if someone like Michael Chong had been chosen conservative leader.

Here is what we can do,  judge a man for his actions that he has done todate...and really Justin has not got a lot of pluses on his side...Scheer is not denying climate change , his plan may not be to your liking but he has not denied it,  Nobody that is running is denying it....

I think a lot of people would rather see another candidate as leader of the conservative party...I know I would, Scheer is what has drove me from the Cons side...the platforms are the same thing over and over again...we need change, and we need it now, and it's not liberal or cons....nor is it green...

Quote

I think this is better than knowing absolutley for certain who one is going to vote for, election after election after election.

I agree, I think we should be voting for the best platform....end of story...

Quote

He, his party and a significant portion of his supporters would have to downplay climate change, downplay right-wing extremism, and be supportive of preventing abortion access for women.

So these are the main points your looking for in a party....point to a party that has come out against any of these things....I can see how your so confused...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

The man has come out our National media and Lied, many times, over and over again. Not only about SNC, but his dismissal of 2 of his MP's, how he snuck in the last part of the bill for SNC dismissal crimes. To me it shows a lack of character, leadership, integrity, honesty, you know things we are looking for in a person, let alone our PM....he will not own his mistakes, he pushes blame on Harper for 99 % of his problems, once again showing his lack of leadership, integrity etc... To make it worse he promised all of us he was going to do politics differently, he was going to be honest , transparent , show true leadership, and conduct himself with the highest standards...or atleast higher than harpers....

It's not "mistakes", just call it what it is, he is a criminal who publicly asserts that he is above the law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They all promise the moon and deliver the dregs.  They all lie and blame the other party.  He's no different than any other leader that way.  

But yeah, he's arrogant for sure.   Also stubborn and maybe not the brightest.

Overall I do believe in the Liberal philosophy of inclusiveness and helping the less fortunate.   I'm not a fan of the Conservative idea that less taxes is better for the economy, trickle down economics have been a massive failure, to the point where the richest in the world sit in so much cash that negative interest rates are becoming a thing.   I'm not a fan of Conservative "concerns" over immigration, when immigration is what built this country.  And I was pretty annoyed when Scheer and the Conservatives supported and repeated the myth that the non-binding UN Migration Pact was an attack on Canada's sovereignty.  

No party has the high ground here so my only option is to select the one I think will be best for Canada overall, even though it has or will have warts.

Edited by dialamah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

No party has the high ground here so my only option is to select the one I think will be best for Canada overall, even though it has or will have warts.

Her Majesty is the high ground, the Queen is what frees you from having to bear any fealty to the government, while still remaining loyal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Overall I do believe in the Liberal philosophy of inclusiveness and helping the less fortunate.   I'm not a fan of the Conservative idea that less taxes is better for the economy, trickle down economics have been a massive failure, to the point where the richest in the world sit in so much cash that negative interest rates are becoming a thing.

Regardless of what measure of income you use (market, total or after-tax) or which threshold you use (top 10 per cent, five per cent, one per cent, 0.1 per cent, 0.01 per cent) you get the same answer: top-end income shares peaked in 2006 and have been declining ever since

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/stephen-gordon-despite-what-the-attack-ads-say-incomes-at-the-very-top-have-fallen-since-harper-took-power

Mr. Stanford and Mr. Brennan rank the Harper government second-last on income inequality, based on the average share of income held by the top 1 per cent of Canadians between 2006 and 2012. But Statistics Canada reported that the top 1 per cent’s share peaked at 12.1 per cent in 2006, the year Mr. Harper took office, and declined thereafter to reach 10.3 per cent in 2012. What's more, as the Parliamentary Budget Officer noted last year, the tax changes introduced under the Tories since 2006 "have been progressive overall. Low and middle income earners have benefited more, in relative terms, than higher income earners." 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-commentary/judge-harpers-economic-record-by-the-hand-he-was-dealt/article25867267/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The negative interest rates are a distortion, the policy stimulus intervention has sailed into uncharted waters, so those negative interest rates are more political than they are market forces.

There is inflationary pressure out there, they are simply tamping it down with a massive unprecedented policy stimulus, deflationary counterforce which they have become addicted to because they are desperately trying to stave off a correction.

They are basically punting the correction into the near future, when hopefully it will be somebody elses problem by then.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, Argus said:

Regardless of what measure of income you use (market, total or after-tax) or which threshold you use (top 10 per cent, five per cent, one per cent, 0.1 per cent, 0.01 per cent) you get the same answer: top-end income shares peaked in 2006 and have been declining ever since

What has that to do with negative income and mountains of cash kept out of circulation by the rich?

Anyway, I just responded to your ridiculous assertion on the other thread re: white supremacists barely existing.  You are now about as credible as taxpayer and are joining him on my "ignore the idiots" list.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dialamah said:

They all promise the moon and deliver the dregs.  They all lie and blame the other party.  He's no different than any other leader that way.  

But yeah, he's arrogant for sure.   Also stubborn and maybe not the brightest.

Overall I do believe in the Liberal philosophy of inclusiveness and helping the less fortunate.   I'm not a fan of the Conservative idea that less taxes is better for the economy, trickle down economics have been a massive failure, to the point where the richest in the world sit in so much cash that negative interest rates are becoming a thing.   I'm not a fan of Conservative "concerns" over immigration, when immigration is what built this country.  And I was pretty annoyed when Scheer and the Conservatives supported and repeated the myth that the non-binding UN Migration Pact was an attack on Canada's sovereignty.  

No party has the high ground here so my only option is to select the one I think will be best for Canada overall, even though it has or will have warts.

So arrogance , not the brightest, and stubborn … not the qualities I look for in a PM when voting, 

This is what we have been discussing.....your voting for a party and philosophy, and don't care about the any of the platforms content.. or the canidate 

Edited by Army Guy
x
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What has that to do with negative income and mountains of cash kept out of circulation by the rich?

The public is handing the money to the rich, by way of voting for the policy stimulus, Trump, Trudeau, exactly the same, they are both riding the wave of populist sentiment for the government to intervene in the markets, the rich are just sitting there as the money gets pushed up to them by the pallet load.   I take that money too, do as the rich do, they know what they are doing.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bear in mind, they are trying to make you fear the correction, to incite you to keep voting for stimulus, Trump comes right out and says "You have to vote for me, because if the Democrats get in, you know the market is going to go for a shit, and your 401k's are going for a shit with it".

But you don't have to fear the correction, you don't have to let someone else invest for you, you can make the correction work for you, it's not actually your problem, unless you chain yourself to the ship of state, which in the markets, you don't have to do, that's why they are free markets, even if and when the government tries to steer them.

We in the markets are going to punish the government for intervening when the time comes, but you don't have to throw yourself in front of that.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

This is what we have been discussing.....your voting for a party and philosophy, and don't care about the any of the platforms content.. or the canidate 

Well I don't agree with the way you select who you'll support either, since it appears to be  based on outrage and emotion rather than thoughtful contemplation, so I guess we're even.  :) Lucky we live in a country where we can vote our preference, even if other people disagree with our.choices and our reasons.

Good luck to your candidate, whoever that is, in October.

Edited by dialamah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

:) Lucky we live in a country where we can vote our preference, even if other people disagree with our.choices and our reasons.

Unfortunately for you, you live in a country where voting your preference has no meaningful effects, because there is an Elite Consensus which runs the country like a Company Town on behalf of narrowly vested entrenched interests, so no matter who you vote for, they will bend to the Consensus no matter what they promised to do to get your vote, they just want the perks and prerogatives which go with being one of the Elites, to include even being above the law, it's a cushy job being a Canadian political elite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Elite Consensus maintains control by trying to wall off the free market.

Walling off economic competition, walling off the free market of ideas too by controlling the narrative through the state run/crony media propaganda arms.

It's like the Iron Curtain in the Cold War, they are trying to keep you locked in, and as in the Soviet Union, the menace they invoke to get you to keep yourself locked in, is America.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having lived the Cold War, I can't help but see that the CBC is creepily like the Soviet news agency TASS was.

In that they cherry pick any negative story they can about America and amplify that absurdly, and edit out the rest.

As a Cold Warrior, it's eerie to see Canada become like the Soviets right before my eyes, it's even more creepy that most Canadians can't see it.

I'm glad to have Russian neighbors who grew up in the Soviet Union, because they at least see it, so I know I'm not imagining it.

Once we were enemies on opposite sides of the trace, now it turns out they were classical liberals all along, they were just locked in by an Iron Curtain.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Well I don't agree with the way you select who you'll support either, since it appears to be  based on outrage and emotion rather than thoughtful contemplation, so I guess we're even.  :) Lucky we live in a country where we can vote our preference, even if other people disagree with our.choices and our reasons.

Good luck to your candidate, whoever that is, in October.

Your right we are lucky to live in a nation where one can vote for whom ever and for what ever reason he or she wishes. And your 100 % right what I think does not matter one rats ass in the grand scheme of things....I was just trying to figure out why ? That was not my point, I was asking you how you could vote for someone who has deceived you and the rest of the country, for no other reason than he could, and he continued to do it for no other reason than he could... Your explanation was they all do it, so it is OK. 

Does Justin actions outrage me, outrage is to strong a word, I feel disappointed in his leadership, even though he is a liberal he is still the leader of our nation, and should be conducting himself as one, We should have higher standards for the men and women that take office, I see some of those qualities in  Wilson Raybould and  Philpott stepping down in protest for Justins actions that were not right........ he allowed men under his command to take the fall for his actions, his responsibilities, and punished them by accepting their resignations....….then if that was not enough he brought back one of the key players, his 2 minutes in the penalty box was enough to atone for their crimes. ...What I don't get is why this does not disturb you, it is like this happens every day...when it does not. 

I'm not voting for liberal or Conservative, I'm voting for the platform that I think is best for me, and my families future. I hope you take this vote seriously and do what is best for you and your family...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Your explanation was they all do it, so it is OK. 

I wouldn't say I think its "ok", but so far, Trudeau, Scheer, Bernier have all lied on their social media accounts.  Maybe May and Singh as well, but haven't been called out on it.  If I'm not prepared to vote for liars, I would have to avoid voting at all.

10 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I hope you take this vote seriously and do what is best for you and your family...

 That's my intention, so at least we agree there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

 I hope you take this vote seriously and do what is best for you and your family...

If you were really serious you would disabuse yourself of the big lie that the government is actually running the economy and stop looking to the state to save you, since they are actually an albatross around your neck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

 

What has that to do with negative income and mountains of cash kept out of circulation by the rich?

So I prove that your assertion that Conservative economics favors the rich and now you're introducing an entirely new strawman. I'm not interested in it.

Quote

Anyway, I just responded to your ridiculous assertion on the other thread re: white supremacists barely existing. 

Right. They're EVERYWHERE! Even though somehow neither goverment nor media can produce any numbers, nor can anyone name any kind of group which has ever done anything in Canada or has more than a handful of members away from Facebook.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Her Majesty is the high ground, the Queen is what frees you from having to bear any fealty to the government, while still remaining loyal.

The queen is a mannequin and the royal family is fiction. They have no bearing whatsoever on the welfare of Canada. Who (except you) cares what that old hag does ?  :rolleyes:

October 21st is fast approaching . . . Canadian Federal Election.  Please participate.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

The queen is a mannequin and the royal family is fiction. They have no bearing whatsoever on the welfare of Canada. Who (except you) cares what that old hag does ?  :rolleyes:

October 21st is fast approaching . . . Canadian Federal Election.  Please participate.

Oh I'll participate, I'm voting for Trudeau, bring on the chaos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Chaos is a ladder. Vote Trudeau, Accelerationism FTW.

I don't even care if they ban guns and I get ripped off in a buy back program, I'll make that money back very quickly when I jump on the bandwagon to short sell Canadian companies into their graves in an orgy of creative destruction, nemo me impune lacessit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,648
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Ccarina
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • CDN1 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Darrin earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • MikhailinNorthBay earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CDN1 earned a badge
      First Post
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Collaborator
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...