Breaking: Trudeau officially broke the law

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So with SNC still fresh in everyone's mind there's  just no way Sheer can be convinced to make the arrest and prosecution of Trudeau the main plank of his platform? That's pretty fucking pathetic. Even I'D vote for Sheer if he went for Trudeau's jugular.

Showing more of how weak our government really is on the whole. Absolutely pathetic. Sheer has been given the chance of a lifetime. But they are .. politicians...

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So with SNC still fresh in everyone's mind there's  just no way Sheer can be convinced to make the arrest and prosecution of Trudeau the main plank of his platform? That's pretty fucking pathetic. Even I'D vote for Sheer if he went for Trudeau's jugular.

I hear that Andrew Sheer has requested the RCMP to conduct an investigation.

Scheer requests RCMP probe

That is pretty much the most he can do, unless you actually mean slashing his throat for real. In which case, I wouldn't be surprised...

The Cons are interchangeable with the Libs, fake opposition kabuki theater, the prize of being elected to power in Canada is that you are above the law and there are all sorts of cushy perks, like cronies and limos and a pension for life, the Canadian political class are fundamentally bourgeois, it's all about dining out on the taxpayers dime, there is nobody in this class which is prepared to sacrifice anything, other than their stated principles, in order to get into the goodie room on Parliament Hill.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That is pretty much the most he can do, unless you actually mean slashing his throat for real. In which case, I wouldn't be surprised...

What are the consequences (if any) for a PM making the whole nation bleed?

31 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

What are the consequences (if any) for a PM making the whole nation bleed?

I'm sure the Chinese are shaking their heads in amazement, and consider anything Mr. Trudeau says as totally hypocritical. The SNC Lavalin case is similar in nature to the charges levelled at HuaWei, for which Canada detained Meng Whanzou. Our PM's infamous quote to China: "We are a nation of law" should now return back to him.

Consequences for Canada might be more economic retaliation from China, and less cooperation on trade in the future.

The best thing we can do is get rid of him as PM. Then no doubt he will quit politics (also good for Canada) and possibly return to his playboy ways, laissez faire, groping women at nightclubs whether they want it or not.

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The best thing we can do is get rid of him as PM. Then no doubt he will quit politics (also good for Canada) and possibly return to his playboy ways, laissez faire, groping women at nightclubs whether they want it or not.

The Chinese stuff was irrelevant, I am concerned about how Canadians view this.  This is about Trudeau's direct involvement in the SNC-Lavalin scandal. Which is what this thread is about.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

That is pretty much the most he can do,

He can do so much more than that.  He could easily ignore and sidestep virtually everything the Liberals throw at him by making corruption the paramount issue of this election.  He could legislate an end to in-camera lobbying.  He can legislate heavy jail time and financial pain for political scofflaws.  He could do away with DPA's.

But he won't because his base of support probably wouldn't stand for it.

unless you actually mean slashing his throat for real. In which case, I wouldn't be surprised...

Well, I suppose if the shovel slipped...shit happens sometimes. 

Edited by eyeball

21 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

The Chinese stuff was irrelevant, I am concerned about how Canadians view this.  This is about Trudeau's direct involvement in the SNC-Lavalin scandal. Which is what this thread is about.

I know what you meant, and gave a partial answer about the response from Canadians. The Chinese stuff I added to underscore the hypocrisy of the PM's position. He boldly stated he did it to defend Canadian jobs. I have asserted here in this forum, Canadians do not want jobs if they involve working for companies that do illegal things. Canadians want fair and honest work.

54 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

This country is fucked !

Who cares?  It's just a federation, a collection of interests which came together, but which can part ways as well, it's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the dictatorship of Ontario bribing Quebec with Alberta's money in order to keep the Indians down.

Look, Australia and New Zealand are not in a federation with each other, OMG!

Oh wait, no,  it's fine, never mind.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Showing more of how weak our government really is on the whole. Absolutely pathetic. Sheer has been given the chance of a lifetime. But they are .. politicians...

That is a dumb move to ask RCMP to conduct an investigation. Sheer needs JT to kill the Libs 

51 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Who cares?  It's just a federation, a collection of interests which came together, but which can part ways as well, it's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the dictatorship of Ontario bribing Quebec with Alberta's money in order to keep the Indians down.

Look, Australia and New Zealand are not in a federation with each other, OMG!

Oh wait, no,  it's fine, never mind.

Go dress up in your queen outfit . . . you'll feel better.  :D

Justin and the queen are 'your kind of guys' . . . . October 21st, fast approaching.  63 days

Please vote !

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Go dress up in your queen outfit . . . you'll feel better.  :D

Justin and the queen are 'your kind of guys' . . . . October 21st, fast approaching.  63 days

Please vote !

I feel great right now, I enjoy life, I'm happy go lucky, sure, Canada is screwed, but it's not actually my problem, I am not a totalitarian, I can distinguish between my interests and the interests of the state, and I distinguish that I don't need Canadian Confederation anymore, particularly as it is run by a bunch of bolshies.

Politicians are whores, they are simply a means to an end, I have no partisan loyalty, I am an agnostic servant of the Crown,  I simply vote my conscience, which in this case is Accelerationism, which is to incite chaos in order to cause a crisis which is then an opportunity, and Trudeau is the best candidate in pursuit of those ends.

Guy, guys, guys, this discussion has veered way too far off topic.  Trudeau was found guilty of ethics violations and using his office in a completely inappropriate way.  So let’s get back to what Harper knew, and what Harper has to do with it, and how disgusting Harpers behaviour has been! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Shady said:

Guy, guys, guys, this discussion has veered way too far off topic.  Trudeau was found guilty of ethics violations and using his office in a completely inappropriate way.  So let’s get back to what Harper knew, and what Harper has to do with it, and how disgusting Harpers behaviour has been! :lol:

If Harper is their excuse, then it is only logical to point out the Harper/Conservatives lost the election.

Ergo, J.T. and the Sunshine Band should be turfed as well.

Maybe it takes bigger sins....like a $16 glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Screw Harper, I'd like to know what Sheer intends to do to prevent future Trudeau's from violating their ethics in the office we provide them in such inappropriate ways.  Turning guidelines into laws for example or outlawing in-camera lobbying for another.

I get it that it's not Sheer's prerogative to see to it that Trudeau is simply arrested and charged with corruption, especially since there is next to zero freakin' laws against it to start with.  And this is precisely why there is no excuse for not passing laws and making changes that formally criminalize the sorts of things that were brought to light during Trudeau's term in office and that Sheer and many many Canadian are so obviously quite angry about.

So yeah screw Harper, what's Sheer's plan for doing something about corruption?

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Screw Harper, I'd like to know what Sheer intends to do to prevent future Trudeau's from violating their ethics in the office we provide them in such inappropriate ways.  Turning guidelines into laws for example or outlawing in-camera lobbying for another.

I get it that it's not Sheer's prerogative to see to it that Trudeau is simply arrested and charged with corruption, especially since there is next to zero freakin' laws against it to start with.  And this is precisely why there is no excuse for not passing laws and making changes that formally criminalize the sorts of things that were brought to light during Trudeau's term in office and that Sheer and many many Canadian are so obviously quite angry about.

So yeah screw Harper, what's Sheer's plan for doing something about corruption?

Outlawing in-camera lobbying is anti-free speech and won't curb corruption in the slightest. Terrible trade off, all downside.

Scheer had no plan to curb corruption, you wanting to hear him blow sunshine up your butt about corruption won't change that either. Even if he came up with a good plan, expecting him to deliver on it is a recipe for disappointment.

Edited by Yzermandius19