Breaking: Trudeau officially broke the law

Official report just released. Ethics Commissionner Mario Dion reports Trudeau has broke the Ethics Conduct by asking Wilson-Raybould to let SNC off the hook. Trudeau also broke the independance of the Justice System.

--

"The evidence showed there were many ways in which Mr. Trudeau, either directly or through the actions of those under his direction, sought to influence the Attorney General," Dion wrote, in his report released Wednesday.

"The evidence showed that SNC-Lavalin had significant financial interests in deferring prosecution. These interests would likely have been furthered had Mr. Trudeau successfully influenced the Attorney General to intervene in the Director of Public Prosecutions' decision," Dion said. "The actions that sought to further these interests were improper since they were contrary to the Shawcross doctrine and the principles of prosecutorial independence and the rule of law

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A judicial officer found guilt, time for rcmp to step in.  SNC did lobby the government to pass law which Trudeau did.  What he did is unprecedented,  the definition of corruption, a repeat offender no less.

He will be on TV soon lying to us again.  he should resign but won't giving us the opportunity to boot him out. 

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, scribblet said:

What he did is unprecedented,  the definition of corruption, a repeat offender no less.

Not unprecedented...as you aptly point out,  this is not the first time Trudeau has violated provisions in the Conflict of Interest Act.

I'm not sure what's more bewildering, Trudeau's willful contempt for moral integrity and dismal ethical standard, or the voters who are still defending his actions and supporting him despite such corruption.  One thing's for sure, if Canadians vote to give him another mandate, its' not on Trudeau....it's on Canadian voters.  Can't plead ignorance this time around.

Edited by Spiderfish
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Actually I think I'm wrong. I think there was a conflict of interest act violation.

He skates pretty close it seems, but I haven't read the article yet.  He sure seems to miss the point too often, making it harder to even think about supporting Liberals in October.  Might have to go NDP.

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Anyone who actually bought that nonsense is a complete rube anyway.

There are millions of Canadians that bought all of that and a lot more.....and are still buying all the shit that comes out of his mouth....You can't fix stupid....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

A judicial officer found guilt, time for rcmp to step in.  SNC did lobby the government to pass law which Trudeau did.  What he did is unprecedented,  the definition of corruption, a repeat offender no less.

He will be on TV soon lying to us again.  he should resign but won't giving us the opportunity to boot him out. 

Lobbying is not illegal. We have a ministry dedicated to it.

https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/eic/site/012.nsf/eng/h_00000.html

They do not make many commercials on that particular 'arm of government' but, yep. 

Not sure what you want the RCMP to do about it. Investigate a legal, incorporated, entity of the sovereign? Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Edited by Domitian

I think that the question should be put out to the people of Canada. Should lobbying be a legal entity with a duly formed office? 

I bet that during the elections not once will that be discussed. We will go through the same old tired subjects. Jobs, Education, Welfare... oh? What's this? Immigration? Let's add that useless discussion to the mix. Get them all hot an bothered, real emotional. 

Bombardier - BTW - recently took a 1 billion dollar bailout to 'save jobs' - now? They're cutting jobs. 

Headscarves people, are you not paying attention!?!?!?!?

36 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

There are millions of Canadians that bought all of that and a lot more.....and are still buying all the shit that comes out of his mouth....You can't fix stupid....

Ya, cannot logic with them, cannot work with them, cannot pass on with them. 
Actually, most of them will forgive JT when JT says "I am sorry ..." Somehow, he didn't say it today, very interesting :)

Yes we do have a dept. for lobbying , but Justin is not guilty of lobbying is he, SNC lobby to have laws put on the books that would be beneficial to that company and their predicament with breaking a few laws inter nationally  ..Major contributors to Justins liberal party, and Trudeau did just that, he hide that law in another bill so nobody would be any of the wiser or contest it.......once the law was passed, he then used his position to influence his chief justice into seeing that they were given a break under this new law....according to Justin "he is the law" and he is above the law now according to the ethics commissionaire ...Conflict of interest, is against the law,  but then again this is not his first time before the ethics commissionaire over other slight of hand issues.

Anyone catch his press conference? He says he accepts full responsibility then goes on to say he did nothing wrong, really, and so has no intention of apologizing. He's the prime minister and it's up to him to make such decisions. And if that's wrong, well it shouldn't be wrong. And anyway, there's no legal punishment for what he did.

To paraphrase:

"I'm the big boss! I'm the guy in charge! I can do whatever I want! There are no punishments for ME! The Justice Department works for ME! And if I decide they should not investigate or charge someone then that's what they should do. And if the attorney general doesn't like that I'll fire the attorney general and hire someone more cooperative."

Ironically, that's also the exact viewpoint of Donald Trump.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Anyone catch his press conference? He says he accepts full responsibility then goes on to say he did nothing wrong, really, and so has no intention of apologizing. He's the prime minister and it's up to him to make such decisions. And if that's wrong, well it shouldn't be wrong. And anyway, there's no legal punishment for what he did.

To paraphrase:

"I'm the big boss! I'm the guy in charge! I can do whatever I want! There are no punishments for ME! The Justice Department works for ME! And if I decide they should not investigate or charge someone then that's what they should do. And if the attorney general doesn't like that I'll fire the attorney general and hire someone more cooperative."

Ironically, that's also the exact viewpoint of Donald Trump.

What's ironic about that? Trump and Trudeau ain't so different, don't let the pro-wrestling feud fool you.

45 minutes ago, Shady said:

I can only imagine if it was Harper.

Harper bears some blame here as well. SNC-Lavalin was in Libya when Harper was PM.

Harper was PM from 2006 to 2015.  He had a decade to deal with SNC-Lavalin. But that obviously was a failure.

https://business.financialpost.com/news/rcmp-charges-snc-lavalin-with-fraud-and-corruption-linked-to-libyan-projects

The case against SNC and two of its subsidiaries stems from the company’s dealings in Libya between 2001 and 2011, when a senior executive established close ties with Saadi Gaddafi, son of dictator Muammar Gaddafi.

Again the issue with SNC-Lavalin is not a Liberal or a Conservative problem. It is a government problem as both parties have allowed SNC to get to this stage. This ia 20-30 year old problem that the government allows to continue no matter who is in power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1