Entire Black Church Endorsing Trump

scribblet

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't fault you for having no understanding of the events of the US Civil War. Ignorance is common in many areas of history among folks like yourself.

It's not General Lee's fault that racists use him as a symbol now. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's not General Lee's fault that racists use him as a symbol now. 

No it isn't. Nor is it his horse, Traveler's, fault.

Trust me: if you were unfortunate enough to have fought in the US Civil War...on either side...you'd have wanted Lee as your general as opposed to Grant or...yikes...McClellan. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No it isn't. Nor is it his horse, Traveler's, fault.

Trust me: if you were unfortunate enough to have fought in the US Civil War...on either side...you'd have wanted Lee as your general as opposed to Grant or...yikes...McClellan. 

Would you also suspect that Mr. Kessler didn't appreciate Lee's military prowess like you do? 

Just now, Boges said:

Would you also suspect that Mr. Kessler didn't appreciate Lee's military prowess like you do? 

I don't give one shit about your white supremacists. But I really care about erasing history to appease crybabies.  

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Your white supremacist pets? Fuck off. They're only an issue because you make them one. 

Just to be clear. You really think the main motivation of the Charlotteville Rally was to celebrate the Military Greatness of General Lee and Stonewall Jackson. 

Was "Jews will not replace us" his Rebel Yell? 

Just now, Boges said:

Just to be clear. You really think the main motivation of the Charlotteville Rally was to celebrate the Military Greatness of General Lee and Stonewall Jackson. 

Was "Jews will not replace us" his Rebel Yell? 

Again...I don't give a single shit about your pet racists.

You do, however. 

Lee and Jackson were both great men. Neither pro-slavery. Their statues should remain to remind us all of that fact.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Again...I don't give a single shit about your pet racists.

You do, however. 

They are the main thrust of the narrative around 45's remarks of "fine people". 

I suppose this is all thread drift. But the OP relates to an outdated anecdote. 

Just now, Boges said:

They are the main thrust of the narrative around 45's remarks of "fine people". 

I suppose this is all thread drift. But the OP relates to an outdated anecdote. 

Folks like yourself have TDS. This colours everything you do. Trump could cure cancer and you'd find issue. 

So go ahead...get all in a knot over a Trump comment you'd have hated no matter what words were said.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Folks like yourself have TDS. This colours everything you do. Trump could cure cancer and you'd find issue. 

So go ahead...get all in a knot over a Trump comment you'd have hated no matter what words were said.

Well when he does cure cancer, be sure to check in with me and see my opinions. 

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No need: Trump can do no right to those with TDS.

This we all know.

Very defeatist attitude. 

TBH, I was initially amused an interested by the Trump presidency. I wanted to see him prove people wrong and be a competent leader. It's always fun to see the Woke Brigade freak out. 

But man, he's been an absolute embarrassment. Racism aside. His general decorum and treatment of other people is astonishingly pathetic. 

It's no wonder he's still popular amongst uneducated rubes. 

Edited by Boges

5 minutes ago, scribblet said:

It's pretty ridiculous. Another good example was the removal of Cornwallis's statue here due to him not being on the French side of Father Le Loutre's War.

Ridiculous, they go too far as always.  They are all part of history and tell a story that shouldn't be forgotten or changed.  It's pathetic that people would rather tear down history than worry about health or poverty.    Robert E. Lee was an abolitionist. 

Mayor Khan of London is backing a slavery museum in London, I hope if it happens they remember William Wilberforce and Britain's role in abolishing slavery.

Tad off topic but what the heck. 

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Ridiculous, they go too far as always.  They are all part of history and tell a story that shouldn't be forgotten or changed.  It's pathetic that people would rather tear down history than worry about health or poverty.    Robert E. Lee was an abolitionist. 

Mayor Khan of London is backing a slavery museum in London, I hope if it happens they remember William Wilberforce and Britain's role in abolishing slavery.

Tad off topic but what the heck. 

I wasn't kidding that Lee was a fine fellow. Well respected on both sides of the war...and as I mentioned...nearly in charge of the Union Army. Had Virginia stayed in the Union, he'd have taken the job. Lee was IN the US Army before the war serving out in the South West. As were most of his fellow officers on both sides...many graduates of places like West Point and VMI.

John Brown...William Wilberforce...Frederick Douglass...all famous abolitionists. Lee had the regrettable task of being ordered to put down the Harper's Ferry Raid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brown's_raid_on_Harpers_Ferry

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    paradox34

• SkyHigh earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • SkyHigh went up a rank
      Proficient
    • gatomontes99 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank