Climate Cultists

scribblet

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Carbon taxes reduce emissions in the most economically effective manner.  

Shell supports carbon pricing and has even pulled out of lobbying groups whose policies are not in accord with the Paris Accord.

Who benefits from arguing against carbon taxes?  The oil industry and they spend lots of money to do that.  

I'm not against taxes.  I'm against the argument that they are going to slow down climate change.

Unless you can make everyone pay them.

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I also have contempt for future generations and don't like taking personal responsibility for anything.

Well, you don’t mind voting for governments that saddle future generations of Canadians with more and more debt.  So I guess it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm not against taxes.  I'm against the argument that they are going to slow down climate change.

Unless you can make everyone pay them.

I agree.  Yep, it Europe it’s slowed them down a bit, and in Canada it probably will to. But it ain’t slowing down the larger problem of climate change, China, India etc.  Anything Canada does is just nibbling around the edges.

China June coal output hits record high.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-output-coal/china-june-coal-output-hits-record-high-as-miners-ramp-up-ahead-of-summer-idUSKCN1UA07O

Canada could reduce its emissions to zero, and it still wouldn’t have an impact because the worst polluters don’t care right now.

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

So you're in "climate change is a serious problem that must be addressed by all concerned actors at once" mode again? You should stick around to debate your "climate change is a hoax" persona.

It’s the ridiculous predictions that are hoaxes.  Anyways, what do you think about China’s coal output?  Why aren’t they taking our example?  What gives man?

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

Elizabeth May says we have to git 'er done before the next election.  Better start partying now. 

Yeah, well Michael Moore says alternative energy solutions like wind, solar, and electric vehicles is a complete sham that's been perpetrated on weak minds for profit, so I guess it's apparently back to the drawing board.

Only took him 15 years to figure out what some of us have known pretty much all along.  At least he figured it out...some unfortunate individuals are still convinced it's our salvation.

• Like 1

The projections are the hoax? Isn't that all it is? So only the damage that has already happened is real and everything else an elaborate scheme to swindle you? I don't think you've thought your position through entirely. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There's a SOP wherein people will quote the wildest predictions from the past to try to establish that they are 'off'.

Yes, and with any mention of doing something about methane or animal waste, you get a bunch of fart and poop jokes with animated emojis. Poop is funny.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

There's a SOP wherein people will quote the wildest predictions from the past to try to establish that they are 'off'.

Predictions are wilder now than in the past, May says we have to do it before the next election.  one guy wants us to poop less and another to use less toilet paper and on it goes. 

ETA:  One person on twitter  says that we are denying that there are too many humans who depend on a consumption based society.  What is really needed is to get rid of 4 billion people, maybe you know, age based termination of life at age 63 .

Edited by scribblet

Trudeau and McKenna's real environmental legacy?      https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-provincial-government-quebec-dead-fish-1.5241703

Meanwhile

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2019/08/09/calls-to-eat-more-plants-less-meat-also-in-line-with-food-guide-mckenna.html   also shows that the meat guide was a political act to get us primed up for more taxes.  It`s all a trial balloon right now. 

Again, these crazies want to decide what we eat and you know If Trudeau gets in again, guaranteed he'll introduce a  meat tax.   Feeding our families will become more expensive as the low income people will be hit the hardest and it will decimate the cattle industry thereby a massive loss of jobs. 

Min. Catherine McKinnon says you need to eat more plants like she does because of, you guessed it, climate change. Since when are humans omnivores but maybe she experienced evolution differently.

Edited by scribblet

10 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Since when are humans omnivores but maybe she experienced evolution differently.

Humans have always been omnivores - it means eating both plant and animal.  For most of our history we have eaten far less meat than we do now in Western countries and in many countries people still eat much less meat than we do.

But continue in your calls to inaction. You'll likely be dead before the piper needs to be paid; you can leave that to your kids and grandkids. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Humans have always been omnivores - it means eating both plant and animal.  For most of our history we have eaten far less meat than we do now in Western countries and in many countries people still eat much less meat than we do.

But continue in your calls to inaction. You'll likely be dead before the piper needs to be paid; you can leave that to your kids and grandkids. 

I probably should have said herbivore.  I'm not calling for total inaction I'm calling out the hysteria and the fact that no matter what we do we can't change the weather or the earth's cycles.    Destroy the economy will kill society faster than any climate change will. 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, Michael Hardner said:

What's a scam and what isn't ?  Redistributed Carbon Tax has been politicized but they don't seem to like cap and trade either.  Soft persuasion won't do it, so ... ?

People don't trust the government to use this money effectively. And given that we (Canada, the Liberal govt) want to be "world leaders" on this, raises the question are we leading in siphoning money from our citizens into a general slush fund, for projects that don't even exist yet? 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, then... What to do?

Eat, drink and be apprehensive? 

There really is nothing, out of the realms of fantasy, that anyone can do.

Where's CLIMATE MAN!!! when you need him, eh?

7 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Eat, drink and be apprehensive? 

There really is nothing, out of the realms of fantasy, that anyone can do.

Where's CLIMATE MAN!!! when you need him, eh?

I've been learning to play the fiddle. Maybe you can join in for a chorus or two?

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge