Do you consider Trump to be a Christian?

Marocc

28 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Somehow I had the impression you might be one those people who would fight to death for free speech for everyone.

That's good. I'm sure you then understand why the laws on hate speech are possibly being implemented better in the future.

I do not worry a little bit about that.

You have no power whatsoever and lost the public opinion a while ago. You won't be able to implement those rules anymore. :)

23 hours ago, Marocc said:

Despite not exactly supporting the values of Christianity or respecting probably any of the ten commandments, would you still call him a Christian?

I don't know much about him except what we read in the news.  Yeah, most of them are controversies - what about the good in him?   Are they published?

Anyway.......

What's different about him and practicing gays, adulterers, or humans who sin ............ like me?  Who doesn't sin?

Who's to judge?  GOD!  So, I'll leave the judging to Him.

Edited by betsy

14 hours ago, Marocc said:

Trump only plays golf - and you.

36331_e6dc2c6085abad8569cc0278ae819a6f.jpg

Ps. The person who drew this was fired for it.

He was fired?  GOOD!

I say good, not because I support censorship .....but.....

.....for trashing the outlet on which it was published.

That cartoon is based on an out-of-context narrative willfully intended to vilify Trump......and INFLUENCE readers against him!  The cartoonist had abused his power.

People have now a very low opinion of media, and no reputable publisher would want to be associated with any fake news!  The cartoonist had made a wrong move by creating such drivel. He picked the wrong time for it! :)

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

It's telling that a thread about if Trump is a Christian, immediately becomes a debate about if Obama was a Christian. 

How about Trump? 

If the defence of Trump is that, we all sin. Then no objective moral standard can be applied to anyone. Obama, Justin Trudeau. . . Anyone. 

It's hypocritical that the evangelical community will get behind a man who brags about infidelity and insults anyone that disagrees with him. All this because they think he'll enable them to ban women from aborting their pregnancies.

The myopic nature of Evangelical Christians is astonishing. They fixate on a handful of "sins" which what they'll devote their entire existence in ensuring their government will ban them. 

Jesus plainly teaches us that what our government does isn't important. It's how we live our own lives.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's telling that a thread about if Trump is a Christian, immediately becomes a debate about if Obama was a Christian.  

This is their strategy.  Fight the 2016 election over and over.  Make the 'left' about PC culture no matter how minor a part of the platform it is.  Convince working people that eliminating healthcare and programs to further cut taxes for the wealthy is in their best interests.  Keep them thinking the Democrats represent evil and America is under attack.

It's only worked for 40 years now so....

3 hours ago, betsy said:

He was fired?  GOOD!

I say good, not because I support censorship .....but.....

.....for trashing the outlet on which it was published.

That cartoon is based on an out-of-context narrative willfully intended to vilify Trump......and INFLUENCE readers against him!  The cartoonist had abused his power.

People have now a very low opinion of media, and no reputable publisher would want to be associated with any fake news!  The cartoonist had made a wrong move by creating such drivel. He picked the wrong time for it! :)

I don't know what you think is the context but for me it's just that trump is one of the reasons of the miserable faiths of many of the immigrants. And that he doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself. Seems accurate to me.

Edited by Marocc
  • Like 1