Jump to content

Death of Mohammed Morsi


Recommended Posts

For those of you who do not remember, Morsi was the democratically-elected President of Egypt, who came to power on the surge of what the western media inaccurately calls "The Arab Spring". Then, a year into his term of office, army officers who feared his constitutional shenanigens amounted to a coup, had him arrested and removed from office. He's been on trial several times. 

BTW, I'm not showing sympathy or antipathy for Morsi. I believe the situation is interesting, however. One does wonder, however, if Pres. Sisi will end up like Mubarak, or even Morsi.

 

Thoughts?

Edited by JamesHackerMP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JamesHackerMP said:

For those of you who do not remember, Morsi was the democratically-elected President of Egypt, who came to power on the surge of what the western media inaccurately calls "The Arab Spring". Then, a year into his term of office, army officers who feared his constitutional shenanigens amounted to a coup, had him arrested and removed from office. He's been on trial several times. 

BTW, I'm not showing sympathy or antipathy for Morsi. I believe the situation is interesting, however. One does wonder, however, if Pres. Sisi will end up like Mubarak, or even Morsi.

 

Thoughts?

Sisi is already worse than either. Morsi brought about his own downfall with authoritarian policies but the West should have protested the overthrow of Egypt's first democratically elected leader more vehemently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 12:09 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Sisi is already worse than either. Morsi brought about his own downfall with authoritarian policies but the West should have protested the overthrow of Egypt's first democratically elected leader more vehemently. 

Why? Was it really in our interests to see the Muslim Brotherhood grab most of Parliament and the Presidency of Egypt? Try telling that to CIA.

Edited by JamesHackerMP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 6:14 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

Why? Was it really in our interests to see the Muslim Brotherhood grab most of Parliament and the Presidency of Egypt? Try telling that to CIA.

Well then, let’s be more honest about our interests. If we want compliant dictators in control in the ME for the foreseeable future come out and say it: our murderers are preferable to their mullahs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,271
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    rstrats
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...