Doug Ford just isn't popular

Booing Doug Ford is a thing. To date ...

Special Olympics athletes

Collision Tech conference

Raptors NBA public celebration

https://globalnews.ca/news/5400233/premier-doug-ford-booed-raptors-championship-parade/

What does Doug say? 

In an interview with Global News following the Special Olympics event and Collision conference incidents Premier Ford said “these are the same people that have their hands in the public trough that have been getting money from the public, hard-working people, in the back of factories, in the offices, small business owners.”

Oh, that'll make him waaaay more popular! Lol 

Ford's widespread budget cuts are affecting everyone, including Conservatives. He's circling the toilet in the polls at present, has shut down the Legislature until after the Federal election - ostensibly so he and MPP's can campaign for Federal candidates, but in reality to SHUT HIM UP because he's damaging Andrew Scheer in the federal polls too. 

What's Ford going to do with his 5 months PAID holiday, when no federal politicians want him around, and he can't go to public events without getting booed? Filling pot holes perhaps? Call/text him and ask him what he's doing. 416-805-2156 

And now this ... 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-cabinet-shuffle-live-polling-1.5182720

Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli is no longer finance minister. He was demoted to minister of economic development, job creation and trade. Fedeli's departure from the top cabinet position comes after he oversaw the release of just one provincial budget.

So Ford is punishing Vic Fedeli for the budget ... and the booing? 

Edited by jacee

Polling Doug Ford:

Only 18 per cent approve of his performance with 71 per cent disapproving and 11 per cent unsure.

... The senior Conservative strategists agree the boo-birds could be like canaries in a coal mine, a warning sign of things to come. They point to former NDP premier Bob Rae being jeered at the SkyDome after the Toronto Blue Jays won the 1992 World Series.

"We saw that with Bob Rae. People just stopped listening to him and he couldn't catch a break for years," the PC insider said.

Mindful the booing bothers Ford — a populist who styled his administration as "the government for the people" — opponents have started an online campaign to text "booooo" to the cellphone number he gives out publicly.

"Over a million people booed #OntarioPremier #DougFord at Nathan Phillips Square today, but why stop there?!" the Twitter blitz says.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9442856-is-ford-being-booed-a-sign-of-things-to-come-for-the-premier-/?utm_source=facebook&source=the hamilton spectator&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=630pm&utm_campaign_id=ontarionews&utm_content=is-ford-being-booed-a-sign-of-things-to-come-for-the-premier

Edited by jacee

29 minutes ago, jacee said:

Polling Doug Ford:

Only 18 per cent approve of his performance with 71 per cent disapproving and 11 per cent unsure.

... The senior Conservative strategists agree the boo-birds could be like canaries in a coal mine, a warning sign of things to come. They point to former NDP premier Bob Rae being jeered at the SkyDome after the Toronto Blue Jays won the 1992 World Series.

"We saw that with Bob Rae. People just stopped listening to him and he couldn't catch a break for years," the PC insider said.

Mindful the booing bothers Ford — a populist who styled his administration as "the government for the people" — opponents have started an online campaign to text "booooo" to the cellphone number he gives out publicly.

"Over a million people booed #OntarioPremier #DougFord at Nathan Phillips Square today, but why stop there?!" the Twitter blitz says.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9442856-is-ford-being-booed-a-sign-of-things-to-come-for-the-premier-/?utm_source=facebook&source=the hamilton spectator&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=630pm&utm_campaign_id=ontarionews&utm_content=is-ford-being-booed-a-sign-of-things-to-come-for-the-premier

Hey lefty liberal, your dear communist leftist liberal leader lost the election so quit with your whining and crying about what Ford is doing. Ford is doing what the conservative taxpayer's want him to do. Get rid of Wynne's communist programs and agendas that she wanted for Ontario and which were destroying Ontario. Wynne only believed in more government/bureaucracy/communist red tape, more sexual perversion, and more taxes, and less freedom is what your dear leader was all about and gave Ontario. Today the conservative minded people in Ontario now have a real and true conservative leader that will get rid of and cut the many communist programs and agendas that commie Wynne was imposing on Ontario. Ontario is now free at last from her tyranny and dictatorship. You will get another shot at it in the next election. Hopefully, It will be another boot in the butt. :lol:

Ford is not doing what conservatives want him to do, he's wimping out in the face of the screeching and trying to be all things to all people, which means he's doomed.

On the trajectory he's on now, he's probably going to be deposed by his own party before the next election, maybe to be replaced by Vic Fedeli whom he just fired.

The man was given a majority premiership of the top province in Canada with no political platform, no track record, and no relevant experience. It makes a mockery of democracy.
As far as complaining now goes, Ontarians have exactly the government they voted for and deserve.

Edited by OftenWrong
removed comma splice!

It's rather pointless to blame the provincial politicians, they are simply doing what the public demands, the issue is that the central bank is keeping the interest rates artificially low, this is inciting a massive debt bubble, the public is not going to restrain themselves, so they are punting the pain into the future,  when interest rates are inevitably driven back up again, debt servicing will eat the budget and that is how public spending will be massively cut by default.

Indeed, Ontarians deserve what they are going to get and they are really not going to like it, it's not going to effect me much as I don't rely on public services, but I do what I can to responsibly try to spare the crushing effects on the most vulnerable, I am simply outvoted, so in the end I'll wash my hands of it and buy my healthcare in America as necessary. /shrugs

Edited by Dougie93

Ever though there would be someone worse than Kathleen Wynne?  Well here it is!!.

His buch o beer campaign is a very very stupid one. Alcohol is a luxury and this is why you pay a higher price for it. Sure it is run by the major breweries, but we see a well established supply chain, modern revamped stores with 250+ variety and brands,  the longest standing and BEST recycling program in existence. (this alone is a good reason to keep the beer store contract).  So with cancelling that contract it will cost Ontarians estimaled 200 million to cancel that conctract. And it will do the opposite of what Ford wants, meaning prices for beer will go higher and you'll have less variety in a grocery store or a depaneur.

Eviscerating special needs funding and education, is the other thing that has been an absolute fiasco.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Ever though there would be someone worse than Kathleen Wynne?  Well here it is!!.

His buch o beer campaign is a very very stupid one. Alcohol is a luxury and this is why you pay a higher price for it. Sure it is run by the major breweries, but we see a well established supply chain, modern revamped stores with 250+ variety and brands,  the longest standing and BEST recycling program in existence. (this alone is a good reason to keep the beer store contract).  So with cancelling that contract it will cost Ontarians estimaled 200 million to cancel that conctract. And it will do the opposite of what Ford wants, meaning prices for beer will go higher and you'll have less variety in a grocery store or a depaneur.

Do you work for the Beer Store monopoly?

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Eviscerating special needs funding and education, is the other thing that has been an absolute fiasco.

The Beer decisions are the correct ones. It should be sold in corner stores like in most of the rest of the world. 

The Beer Store sucks. And the Recycling program should be expanded to more than just the beer store. It's actually the only reason to ever go to a Beer Store. 

It's a shame that the crappy contract the Liberals signed is now being used as a weapon against the Conservatives. This is the 407 sell off in reverse. 

As for DoFos poll numbers. Dude is a putz and I'm not happy he's leading the PCs. I'm happy the Liberals are out, but a leader like Patrick Brown would have been much better, but he didn't appeal to the far right of the party. 

Conservatives in Canada have a similar problem to Liberals in the US. They occupy such a broad scope that it's tough to fit under the same tent. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 2

Recycling is just more fatuous virtue signalling, hence why I just throw everything in the trash, glass bottles, cardboard,   aluminum cans and all.

Stick it to the leftist elites where you can, refuse to recycle, drive a big truck and idle your engines, buy an "assault" rifle, etcetera.

Just don't scapegoat ethnic minorities and Jews, because it's the white gentiles who are the biggest commies of them all.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Recycling is just more fatuous virtue signalling, hence why I just throw everything in the trash, glass bottles, cardboard,   aluminum cans and all.

Stick it to the leftist elites where you can, refuse to recycle, drive a big truck and idle your engines, buy an "assault" rifle, etcetera.

Textbook Trolling. Recycling isn't some left-wing plot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Leftists are slaves to their delusions, Cucks are sycophants to the leftists, I have no evidence as to it being a plot, I see them as simply being weak minded and so lacking of critical thought.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Leftists are slaves to their delusions, Cucks are sycophants to the leftists, I have no evidence as to it being a plot, I see them as simply being weak minded and so lacking of critical thought.

You recycle because you'd prefer the city you live in re-purpose your trash and not have to store it in the ground or burn it. It's not a Liberal or Conservative concept. 

Regarding the Recycling of Alcohol bottles or cans. You pay a deposit on those bottles when you buy them to encourage you to return them for that money back. You store them in your basement then return them for a "discount" on a case of beer in the future. 

If more people treated recycling like you did, you could see a situation where governments would add a surcharge to your bottle of strawberry jam just to encourage you to return it for the money back. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

You recycle because you'd prefer the city you live in re-purpose your trash and not have to store it in the ground or burn it. It's not a Liberal or Conservative concept. 

Regarding the Recycling of Alcohol bottles or cans. You pay a deposit on those bottles when you buy them to encourage you to return them for that money back. You store them in your basement then return them for a "discount" on a case of beer in the future. 

If more people treated recycling like you did, you could see a situation where governments would add a surcharge to your bottle of strawberry jam just to encourage you to return it for the money back. 

Governments can do whatever they please, my strategy is to amass sufficient capital as to be able to ignore them for them most part, and sabotage them wherever I can.

I wouldn’t expect Doug Ford to be popular.  It’s never popular to be the adult and cut up the maxed out credit cards.  It’s easier and more popular to be the big spending Santa Claus type.  Where you “give” people all kinds of “free” goodies.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 9:18 AM, Dougie93 said:

Do you work for the Beer Store monopoly?

17 hours ago, Boges said:

Good thing I read a few posts before I actually responded. I believe Boges here is correct. This is trolling, I shall move on.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 7:51 AM, GostHacked said:

How is he in any way as bad as Wynne and her endlessly corrupt and incompetent government?

Every other province and country seems able to have retailers sell beer. Why do we need a special agency to do it?

Can you even tell me how much he's cut? I bet you can't. It seems to me that so far the cuts have been small and almost tentative.

22 hours ago, Argus said:

How is he in any way as bad as Wynne and her endlessly corrupt and incompetent government?

I am not willing to give him the time to find that out. I'd rather Ford be out before his first term ends.

Every other province and country seems able to have retailers sell beer. Why do we need a special agency to do it?

We don't need it, but it's a much better choice than what you'll get in a corner store or a grocery store. You have a well established supply chain , revamped stores and the best recycling program in existence. It's also efficient. If people are worried about global warming n shit, then they would be concerned about more deliveries to more places meaning more trucks on the road longer. Why the hell would we want to go another route? You'll get NONE of that going the way of smaller stores and independent retailers. A much lower selection and you can bet recycling will be gone for the most part.

Should we do that for the LCBO as well? Disband that and go for the corner store approach?

Can you even tell me how much he's cut? I bet you can't. It seems to me that so far the cuts have been small and almost tentative.

Apparently it is 25 million.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/specialized-school-programs-doug-ford-cut-catholic-teachers-oecta-1.4949439

On 6/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Shady said:

I wouldn’t expect Doug Ford to be popular.  It’s never popular to be the adult and cut up the maxed out credit cards.  It’s easier and more popular to be the big spending Santa Claus type.  Where you “give” people all kinds of “free” goodies.

Except - he hasn't cut the budget, and yet somehow seems to keep cutting services in ways that piss people off.  There are ways to do this, for those who are skillful.  

On 6/20/2019 at 6:00 PM, Dougie93 said:

Ford is not doing what conservatives want him to do ... 

Ford's is only doing what his rich cronies tell him to do. But he's polling at only 18% support for his leadership, because ordinary conservatives in Ontario have abandoned him.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Shady said:

I assume by "free goodies" you mean programs for Autistic students? 

Or did you mean flood and fire prevention and damage amelioration? 

Is having a lawyer appointed when you have to go to court a "free goodie", or a Constitutional right? 

Define "free goodies"... because to most of us it seems that only Ford's rich business cronies are the ones getting "free goodies".

The rest of conservative Ontarians have abandoned him because he has abandoned his voters.

And his Conservative MPP's are on the verge of revolt. That's likely why he shut down the Legislature.

Edited by jacee
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, jacee said:

Ford's is only doing what his rich cronies tell him to do. But he's polling at only 18% support for his leadership, because ordinary conservatives in Ontario have abandoned him.

Well I'm probably one of those "rich cronies" by your standards, but even though I am not rich by global standards, I am wealthy enough not to be anybodies crony, Doug Ford is supposed to be my crony, and if he was actually doing what I tell him to do, he'd be fine, the reason why he is being abandoned in droves,  is that he is foolishly trying to be all things to all people, which in this hyper polarized day and age is political suicide.

In actual fact, I am not expecting any politician to deal with the fiscal crisis, because the infantilized electorate in Ontario refuses to face up to it, thus in the end the issue will be decided by market forces, when inflation forces interest rates back to historical norms, debt servicing then eating the budget,  austerity being imposed on Ontario by that mechanism instead.

At the end of the day, all this nonsensical Green bugaboo does by default serve one good purpose, in that it is driving prices up across the board, which is the very thing which will break the back of the artificially incited debt bubble,  which is the only thing likely in the end to bring the fiscal insanity to a halt, one way, or the other.

51 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the reason why he is being abandoned in droves,  is that he is foolishly trying to be all things to all people,

No it's because he's a fool who only listens to rich business people and does what they want.

Then he's shocked and hurt when 'Ford nation' doesn't like his wild and crazy budget cuts that affect everybody. 

So far, his only justification for any and all budget cuts is "That's what I was told."   Lol 

He just takes orders from rich businessmen telling him how they can get richer.

He's just not too bright. 

He didn't even make the connection between cutting funds for Autistic kids and getting booed by Special Olympians.  <_<

57 minutes ago, jacee said:

No it's because he's a fool who only listens to rich business people and does what they want.

Then he's shocked and hurt when 'Ford nation' doesn't like his wild and crazy budget cuts that affect everybody. 

So far, his only justification for any and all budget cuts is "That's what I was told."   Lol 

He just takes orders from rich businessmen telling him how they can get richer.

He's just not too bright. 

He didn't even make the connection between cutting funds for Autistic kids and getting booed by Special Olympians.  <_<

Yes, yes, tiresome as it may be, everybody in Canada has a sob story.

Nobody is going to accept their handout oxen being cored, once entitlements are enacted, they are never willingly voted away.

As I say though, all of this will be dealt by market forces in the end, not to worry, as bond markets are not responsive to sob stories in the least.

I am impervious to sob stories myself, soon as anyone presents an appeal to emotion fallacy as rubric, I mark them as deserving to be thrown under the bus with alacrity, just on principle.

When the time comes, I will short sell Ontario sacred cows for profit, autistic children and all, without hesitation nor sympathy, and sleep like a baby after.

The thing you come to understand once you acquire some wealth and property, is not only that the wealthy will indeed always win, but more importantly why.

There's no need to try to cut the throats of the masses, rather they in their exponential delusion will cut their own throats for you, then you can simply feast on their carcasses, like carrion birds swaddled in designer clothing.

Nice work if you can get it, I assure you.

Edited by Dougie93