63% of Canadians want immigration cut - poll

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Sorry Dougie but I disagree, although I had sworn allegiance to the Queen and her heirs, it is nothing more than formality, I mean when was the last time the Queen ask anything from our country, dating back well before the second world war.....when was the last time she gave us a directive or made policy...when was the last time our PM went to England or the Governor General permission to send our forces to war or tasking....

This nation does belong to the people, it is what I and you served, yes I was at the queens pleasure, but it does not make this nation any less ours, to protect with our very lives, or enjoy its resources....We both have planted a lot of good soldiers, I'd like to think it was for Canada first, the queen second...after all they came home draped in a Canadian flag, not the union jack or the royal flag.... it was the Canadian flag that each proudly wore on their shoulders....

Well I'm simply following the constitution as per the Treaty of Paris 1763, associated British North America Acts, and Canada Act of 1982, which all assert that this land belongs to Elizabeth Windsor and not you.   You're free to test that in court, and I think you will find that I am right and you are wrong.

11 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Let her try to take it . . . 

Well, I for one will adhere to my oath, usque ad finem, thus I will resist Her Majesty's enemies unto death as necessary, as somebody in this land has to stand by the oaths that they swore, Clarity Act notwithstanding, vive le Quebec libre; Her Majesty actually defending that right, affirmed by rendered judgement of HM SCC.

Provinces have the right to secede from Confederation, but unless and until they do, Elizabeth Windsor is Canada and Canada is Elizabeth Windsor, by both the letter and spirit of the law, to include the Queen's Peace.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well, I for one will adhere to my oath, usque ad finem, thus I will resist Her Majesty's enemies unto death as necessary, as somebody in this land has to stand by the oaths that they swore, Clarity Act notwithstanding, vive le Quebec libre; Her Majesty actually defending that right, affirmed by rendered judgement of HM SCC.

You, in the name of a displaced German, are going to fight to the death to 'try' to take my land from me . . . . pffffft!

18 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You, in the name of a displaced German, are going to fight to the death to 'try' to take my land from me . . . . pffffft!

I am an Anglo-Saxon, so as my Hanoverian Queen, I am a North German.  

I have no interest in taking anything from you, none the less, should you make yourself an enemy of the Crown, I would answer the call to close with and destroy you as necessary.

Again, as Canada is a monarchy, I swore no allegiance nor am I bound to any fealty to;  the public.

Legally, constitutionally and ethically, I am only bound to defend the rule of the British Crown.

Edited by Dougie93

There's really only one way out, and that is by way of the Clarity Act, peaceful democratic self determination to secede from Confederation by referendum at the provincial level.

Other than that, Queen Elizabeth II rules here, to include the Queen's Peace.

A republic if you wish, but only if you have the votes, there is no other way to abolish the rule of the British Crown in North America, as per the Treaty of Paris 1763, the only legal claim on these lands.

Edited by Dougie93

57 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well I'm simply following the constitution as per the Treaty of Paris 1763, associated British North America Acts, and Canada Act of 1982, which all assert that this land belongs to Elizabeth Windsor and not you.   You're free to test that in court, and I think you will find that I am right and you are wrong.

Yes I can't argue with you it is historical fact, that Canada does belong to the British empire, and the royal monarchy….That being said i'm sure the Queen does not lose a lot of sleep over what her loyal Canadian subjects are doing...infact she has asked very little of this nation, nor has the Governor General , no taxes, no request for military actions, not to mention chastise us for all the treaties that we broke with native peoples...No she has been silent for most of her reign....

The only reason I think we don't become a Republic is because we are way to lazy as a people , elected governments don't want to spend their entire term in office correcting a issue that really has no value or meaning to average Canadian lives, and would create a mountain of political paper work that would last decades....

26 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes I can't argue with you it is historical fact, that Canada does belong to the British empire, and the royal monarchy….That being said i'm sure the Queen does not lose a lot of sleep over what her loyal Canadian subjects are doing...infact she has asked very little of this nation, nor has the Governor General , no taxes, no request for military actions, not to mention chastise us for all the treaties that we broke with native peoples...No she has been silent for most of her reign....

The only reason I think we don't become a Republic is because we are way to lazy as a people , elected governments don't want to spend their entire term in office correcting a issue that really has no value or meaning to average Canadian lives, and would create a mountain of political paper work that would last decades....

I disagree, I have had the privilege to meet Her Majesty and I am quite sure that she loves Canada and Canadians, and pays close attention to the goings on in her Confederation of the Dominion of Canada. 

in fact, I would suspect that she loves Canadians most of all, because in the end she actually gets treated quite shabbily by her subjects in the United Kingdom, the Australians are not particularity fond of the Crown, whereas when she comes to Canada she is showered with adulation, Canadians are ga-ga for the Queen as far as I can see.

Her Majesty is not a provincial, to her, it's all the House of Windsor, and for me as well, God save her.

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Hussein is concerned with this rising trend.

Hussein is concerned my butt. Hussein is the one along with that fool Trudeau who is pushing for more immigration, not less, especially from the non western countries in the world. Trudeau just recently was in Nigeria wanting to have a million Nigerians immigrate to Canada. What will those millions of Nigerians do to the Canadian culture when they get here? Assimilate right away? Nope. Not really because if there are a million more like you why would you try and assimilate into the main Canadian western culture? Those two misfits are truly a danger to Canada and it's decent and moral ways of life and values and culture. The insane inmates are truly running Canada these days. Canada has truly become a joke. LOL.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

This smells pretty weird.  Exactly how is a poll like this supposed to make this particular answer obvious?  They must have just asked what a bunch of cranky old white right-wingers thought.  Why should anyone give a shit what they think?

Why should any white conservative minded person who gives a shit about Canada and what the leftist liberal liars have to say? You know, those lefty liberals who are trying to make Canada into their own third world image. It is the "cranky old right wingers' that are trying to save this country from turned into a third world hell hole that is being created by those lefty bunch of loonie toons that are still being allowed to try and wreck this once great British/European nation. The lefties have nothing to offer but doom and gloom. :(   

37 minutes ago, taxme said:

The lefties have nothing to offer but doom and gloom. :(   

Not at all, progressives have reason to celebrate the evidence that reality favours their bias everyday - the fact that bitter cranky old conservative assholes will only die off faster moving forward is living proof.

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

And look what happened thanks to progressives - we stopped arresting gay people, we stopped (mostly) attacking/killing gay people, gay people can get married.  We also let women have abortions, and we don't insist everyone get married.  We don't send young girls away if they get pregnant, than take their children away from them. We've moved beyond "you chose him; you stay with him even if he beats the crapola out of you" and "It's better to be married, even if it means you get beat up regularly".  

You realize most immigrants would be opposed to all those reforms, right?

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

What a load of crap, I suppose all those that are in these protest marches and oppose Antifa are old white dudes...take a look again....

Its kind of weird. These people are posting from under their beds, where they're hiding, terrified of white supremacists. Where are the white supremacists? On the internet, and most of them are fairly young. Did you see any old geezers marching in that silly tiki torch parade in Charlottesville or fighting out in the streets? Nope.

But it's fairly routine for the Left to denigrate older people. It's like one of the last groups they feel totally free to sneer at and mock and blame for all life's problems.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Violence rates here are lower than Regina, Winnipeg etc.

The violence rates there are caused by natives. If we collected violent crime rates by race the one for whites would be practically non-existent.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Only if you don't give a shit otherwise misunderstanding simple plain English actually requires some effort.  You figure the term apple juice is subject to this sort of subjectivity too?

I can't help but laugh in the face of this inability to understand our language given how often we're told immigrants should before we let them in. 

I understand the language, but what’s it mean?  Justice is subjective.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Not at all, progressives have reason to celebrate the evidence that reality favours their bias everyday - the fact that bitter cranky old conservative assholes will only die off faster moving forward is living proof.

Haven’t you heard?  We only have like 10 years left to live thanks to climate change! :lol:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shady said:

Haven’t you heard?  We only have like 10 years left to live thanks to climate change! :lol:

10 years left to live - whatever that means is anyone's wild assumption but in any case its the deniers who deserve most of the thanks.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You realize most immigrants would be opposed to all those reforms, right?

You do realize that most Christians and conservatives had to be dragged, kicking and screaming all the way, into a progressive era don't you?  And that even now there are Christians and conservatives who would gladly turn back the clock. 

Even right now, many Christians and conservatives are following the same path with transgenderism-declaring it a mental illness, people just making things up and looking for attention, the failure of "liberals" to properly maintain the status quo (or morality if one is a Christian).  All the same arguments used to fight against women's rights, gay rights and abortion. 

If we "progressives" managed to force human rights down the throats of a few million Christians and conservatives, I don't imagine a few thousand immigrants are going to be a problem.  Especially given that by the second generation they're already making strides in progressive values.  Just like all Canadians, it's only the old folks clinging to the old ways that hold us back.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Bad news,  Millenial losers, you have the highest death rates and lowest life expectancy, the cranky old conservatives are literally going to outlive you. lol.

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You do realize that most Christians and conservatives had to be dragged, kicking and screaming all the way, into a progressive era don't you?  And that even now there are Christians and conservatives who would gladly turn back the clock. 

Even right now, many Christians and conservatives are following the same path with transgenderism-declaring it a mental illness, people just making things up and looking for attention, the failure of "liberals" to properly maintain the status quo (or morality if one is a Christian).  All the same arguments used to fight against women's rights, gay rights and abortion. 

If we "progressives" managed to force human rights down the throats of a few million Christians and conservatives, I don't imagine a few thousand immigrants are going to be a problem.  Especially given that by the second generation they're already making strides in progressive values.  Just like all Canadians, it's only the old folks clinging to the old ways that hold us back.

The Progressive Era is a debt bubble.  When it pops, your era will be done.

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

The Progressive Era is a debt bubble.  When it pops, your era will be done.

Cocky progressives think they can brainwash everyone and the further into the future they go, the more people they will have converted. The Progressive era culture war is propped up by the economy, when the bubble pops, that sh*t won't sell anymore, enjoy it while it last progressives, because the future won't be the "utopia" they perceive it to be, they won't remain ascendant forever, far from it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Cocky progressives think they can brainwash everyone and the further into the future they go, the more people they will have converted. The Progressive era culture war is propped up by the economy, when the bubble pops, that sh*t won't sell anymore, enjoy it while it last progressives, because the future won't be the "utopia" they perceive it to be, they won't remain ascendant forever, far from it.

Nice theory, but the anti-progressives who are on the populist bandwagon aren't exactly benefiting from the new economy, where you need tech skills or higher education to succeed.  Populism looks like a proletariat movement, and as soon as they figure out that tax cuts and automations aren't helping them they will head hard left, or their kids will.