Why can't canada just be happy for america?

9 hours ago, Alex Reese said:

See, there it is again! The "I have to be better and prove to these people that I am better" mentality. You know what you sound like? You sound like those trying to make females strong wannabees on TV shows and movies. Instead of showing us how strong a woman is they have to tell us.......

Gosh, why don't you cancuks and your european masters form a super alliance and just go your own way? Prove to yourselves that you are not completely pathetic. Both of you are so annoying and honestly, I have never encountered a genuine kind canadian or european; all of you are horrible horrible snobs who I just want to punch in the face so hard.

The United States should just end NORAD and get itself out of NATO. You Americans are wasting billions  of dollars on an ungrateful bunch of swine while they enjoy the benefits from it. Oh and ms. canuck, if you dare tell me I am wrong or how arrogant the US is, I dare you to do just that and prove to me how pathetic you and your people truly are, arrogant canuck slime ball.

You’re demonstrating the worst stereotype of the “Ugly American” who thinks he owns the place wherever he goes and talks openly in front of the citizens of other countries about how everything is better in the U.S.   Such people are so damaging to US foreign relations and are not representative of many Americans. 

Learn about world history and Canada’s role in both world wars.  Learn how Canada played a key role in the release of American hostages in Iran.   Learn how NATO was drawn on to support the US after 911.  Learn how Canada is often the honest broker between the US and other countries that have a hard time with the US.  

Anyway, see how getting out of NATO would serve the US.  Your “punch in the face” mentality is an example of the kind of aggressive attitude that makes enemies.  Also, dump the misogyny. Are you an incel or something?   

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re demonstrating the worst stereotype of the “Ugly American” who thinks he owns the place wherever he goes and talks openly in front of the citizens of other countries about how everything is better in the U.S.

That's just a regular american though. 

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Your “punch in the face” mentality is an example of the kind of aggressive attitude that makes enemies.  Also, dump the misogyny.

trumpmeme-3-5c51da71c9e77c00016f38da.jpg

@Zeitgeist

I don't believe everything is better in the US by a long shot.  However, the US as a whole is better than everywhere else.

The Ugly American you describe is just a rude person, we don't like rude people either.  There are some issues with being the only real global super power, and it often comes out in many of our dignitaries.  I've worked with the US State Department in foreign countries and I've ashamed at some of the shenanigans they've pulled.   They are arrogant and sometimes abuse their positions.

I personally consider Canada a great ally and friend.  I've had close Canadian friends my entire life.  However, when coming to this site I was very taken back by the number of hateful threads about the US.  'Why don't we destroy the US' type stuff.  I've never found that kind of thing in American forums.  What's up with that ?

30 minutes ago, Carlus Magnus said:

@Zeitgeist

I don't believe everything is better in the US by a long shot.  However, the US as a whole is better than everywhere else.

The Ugly American you describe is just a rude person, we don't like rude people either.  There are some issues with being the only real global super power, and it often comes out in many of our dignitaries.  I've worked with the US State Department in foreign countries and I've ashamed at some of the shenanigans they've pulled.   They are arrogant and sometimes abuse their positions.

I personally consider Canada a great ally and friend.  I've had close Canadian friends my entire life.  However, when coming to this site I was very taken back by the number of hateful threads about the US.  'Why don't we destroy the US' type stuff.  I've never found that kind of thing in American forums.  What's up with that ?

I don’t know what’s up with that.  You’d have to ask the idiots who write such things.  We should be grateful for what we have here, including our allies. 

Thats part of the problem, we are not grateful, were free loaders and that contributes to Americans having the ugly attitude...the problem is Canada and a lot of the US allied are more than happy to keep sucking on the US teat, and enjoy and take advantage of US tax dollars being spent on our protection.... and when called out on it Canadians get defensive about it , like it was a right or something....One day the entire nation will wake up, but that takes political and military leadership something we don't have.

The American government has been to patient, and much to neiborly to force Canada to pay it's own way, yes the Americans have said or kindly reminded us that we should pour more into defensive pacts or contributing more to world peace. But in return all they get back is attitude...NO we are contributing enough, barely breaking 1 % of GDP , and here is the kicker, our security apparatus is in desperate need of funding and still we stuck our middle finger up at the US , fuc* you we are not playing because anti American sentiment gets Canadian votes...because most Canadians can not define what is it to be Canadian , so we took the lazy route and take pride in not being American, because we lack imagination ...

Not all Canadians are this way, there are still a lot of us that are grateful and apricate what you guys do for us on a daily basis...maybe what we need is sanctions on our asses until we mange to get to that 2 % of GDP mark....

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Thats part of the problem, we are not grateful, were free loaders and that contributes to Americans having the ugly attitude...the problem is Canada and a lot of the US allied are more than happy to keep sucking on the US teat, and enjoy and take advantage of US tax dollars being spent on our protection.... and when called out on it Canadians get defensive about it , like it was a right or something....One day the entire nation will wake up, but that takes political and military leadership something we don't have.

The American government has been to patient, and much to neiborly to force Canada to pay it's own way, yes the Americans have said or kindly reminded us that we should pour more into defensive pacts or contributing more to world peace. But in return all they get back is attitude...NO we are contributing enough, barely breaking 1 % of GDP , and here is the kicker, our security apparatus is in desperate need of funding and still we stuck our middle finger up at the US , fuc* you we are not playing because anti American sentiment gets Canadian votes...because most Canadians can not define what is it to be Canadian , so we took the lazy route and take pride in not being American, because we lack imagination ...

Not all Canadians are this way, there are still a lot of us that are grateful and apricate what you guys do for us on a daily basis...maybe what we need is sanctions on our asses until we mange to get to that 2 % of GDP mark....

Don’t buy into that argument.  Canada is the sixth largest contributor to NATO.  The fifth biggest contributor, Italy, is almost twice our population.  The US could cut its military spending in half and provide more than ample NATO support.  The US is the only country in NATO that chooses to do this overspending on military.  The biggest NATO intervention was in support of the US post-911.   While Canada should increase military spending, and 2% of GDP is probably the right amount, you need to factor in the huge price Canada has paid accepting and subsidizing in their first year the 60000 refugees from Syria.  The US has not accepted even close to that number, and in terms of population size, the US is far behind.  

Resettling migrants due to war (arguably at least in part the result of failed US action in Iraq) and climate change (due to drought, which contributed to political instability) was a major contribution from Canada.  Don’t buy the Trump rhetoric.  Canada is increasing military spending and should continue to do so, but we shouldn’t build traditional armaments that won’t see much use and will take away from higher priorities.  We’re also getting 12 coastal patrol ships.  Anyway, too many commentators on here treat Canada as though it has 10 times its population.  Canada is a middle power and one of the least populous middle powers.  It’s incredible to think we had the third largest navy and third or fourth largest airforce at the end of WW2, but that goes to show that when Canada needs to scale up, we can.  

Warfare, however, has greatly changed.  Now we’re into hidden cells within networks, satellite surveillance, and drones, so we have to make wise procurements.  We always hear that the US will have to come to NATO allies’ defence.  There’s truth in that, but it’s also true that we don’t have as many enemies as the US.  We do need to make our contributions to NATO and defend our coasts.  Canada’s security is also US security, since Canada is the northern gateway.  That’s what NORAD was mostly about.  Britain, France, a halfed US military, plus all other NATO allies, is plenty of force.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Canada spending 2% GDP on DND wouldn't make any difference at all, that's only $7 billion more than now, which is negligible, particularly as it wouldn't be spent on equipment, most of the budget for DND gets spent on overhead and keeping superfluous bases open.

The CF is a sinkhole, the more you spend the more they waste, don't feed the beast, it's just money down the drain.

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

we don’t have as many enemies as the US.

So no need to worry about big bad russia taking over the artic or how it appears easier to jail/execute canadian citizen in other countries compared to the us? Because that's the extent of canadian hard power and soft power.

Edited by paxamericana

13 hours ago, paxamericana said:

So no need to worry about big bad russia taking over the artic or how it appears easier to jail/execute canadian citizen in other countries compared to the us? Because that's the extent of canadian hard power and soft power.

I wonder what the costs are internationally of poor soft power under Trump.  Canada can’t compete with Russia, China or the US on hard power.  37 million people here.  We keep hearing how the US runs to show here, well I guess that’s the pleasure of being a military superpower: controlling canals, influencing geopolitics in your favour, having resources priced in your currency.  It would turn Canada into a ridiculous military dictatorship to have a million soldier military and divert spending to that area.  For what?  Again, if a country wanted to invade massive Canada, they’d have to manage it.  Last I heard NATO still exists and defends NATO countries.  Trump hasn’t yet turned it over to Russian oligarchs.  That’s next term in office.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wonder what the costs are internationally of poor soft power under Trump.  Canada can’t compete with Russia, China or the US on hard power.  37 million people here.  We keep hearing how the US runs to show here, well I guess that’s the pleasure of being a military superpower: controlling canals, influencing geopolitics in your favour, having resources priced in your currency.  It would turn Canada into a ridiculous military dictatorship to have a million soldier military and divert spending to that area.  For what?  Again, if a country wanted to invade massive Canada, they’d have to manage it.  Last I heard NATO still exists and defends NATO countries.  Trump hasn’t yet turned it over to Russian oligarchs.  That’s next term in office.  

You wouldn't need a million man army, all you would need is eight nuclear attack submarines, which is six available at any given time, two in the arctic, then you can just follow the Russian and Chinese subs around and illuminate them with active sonar.

In the event of war you could sink them, but that would only be in extremis, short of war, it's enough just to be able to sink them ,for them to know you could take them anytime,  to follow them around lightning up their positions to deter them and drive them off.

The Ship Submersible Nuclear Attack Submarine is the arm of decision, the ultimate deterrent for all seasons.

It would be entirely affordable if DND didn't waste so much money on useless frills, vastly overpaying for everything because the military is just a regional vote buying boondoggle.

Bear in mind that Canada spends $21 billion a year for a pathetically small and weak military, while Turkey, for example, with its massive armed forces, only spends $13 billion.

Mind you, Canada is a lost cause, don't waste your time on it, just saying, in theory, Canada could easily defend its territory, if it wasn't run by useless f**kwit Canadian leftists.

It's not about size, it's not about money, it's all about the leftists in downtown Toronto who control the agenda, they are purposely sabotaging the Canadian military on ideological grounds.

Edited by Dougie93

22 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don’t buy into that argument.  Canada is the sixth largest contributor to NATO.  The fifth biggest contributor, Italy, is almost twice our population.  The US could cut its military spending in half and provide more than ample NATO support.  The US is the only country in NATO that chooses to do this overspending on military.  The biggest NATO intervention was in support of the US post-911.   While Canada should increase military spending, and 2% of GDP is probably the right amount, you need to factor in the huge price Canada has paid accepting and subsidizing in their first year the 60000 refugees from Syria.  The US has not accepted even close to that number, and in terms of population size, the US is far behind.  

Resettling migrants due to war (arguably at least in part the result of failed US action in Iraq) and climate change (due to drought, which contributed to political instability) was a major contribution from Canada.  Don’t buy the Trump rhetoric.  Canada is increasing military spending and should continue to do so, but we shouldn’t build traditional armaments that won’t see much use and will take away from higher priorities.  We’re also getting 12 coastal patrol ships.  Anyway, too many commentators on here treat Canada as though it has 10 times its population.  Canada is a middle power and one of the least populous middle powers.  It’s incredible to think we had the third largest navy and third or fourth largest airforce at the end of WW2, but that goes to show that when Canada needs to scale up, we can.  

Warfare, however, has greatly changed.  Now we’re into hidden cells within networks, satellite surveillance, and drones, so we have to make wise procurements.  We always hear that the US will have to come to NATO allies’ defence.  There’s truth in that, but it’s also true that we don’t have as many enemies as the US.  We do need to make our contributions to NATO and defend our coasts.  Canada’s security is also US security, since Canada is the northern gateway.  That’s what NORAD was mostly about.  Britain, France, a halfed US military, plus all other NATO allies, is plenty of force.  

Not only do I buy into it, I lived it for 34 years, I want to make this clear our military members are second to none, they pull magic out of their asses every day , they give our nation far more than they take, and our country continues to deny them the basic modern equipment they need, it is our politicians who muddy the waters and misinform our public along with the rest of the globe about our military and it's capabilities....your comment of 6 th largest contributor, is a misinformation, those numbers include many other expenses that most NATO nations do not include, our actual defense budget are mostly consumed in wages, OEM projects very little of those dollars  go into  equipment or training, also cut out of the budget is all missions and taskings, so any where our troops around the globe that entire cost of that mission is cut out of DND's budget, also included in the Budget number is our national emergence preparedness Dept,yes it is fully budgeted by DND  .... .....Canada is a master of flipping numbers around to make it look good on the inter-national stage. when in reality our military is a hollow shell. 

Canada ranks 6 th from the bottom when compared what other nations spend as a percentage of GDP, combine this with how good our economy has been doing compared to the rest of our allieds and it's sad that we can not meet our agreed upon defense expenditures.....why is this so important this 2 % number ….it is to ensure that all NATO countries are maintaining a modern military force capable of responding to any NATO crises….Currently NATO has a huge deficit in these areas...The US is not the only nation that spends above this mark there are 6 NATO nations spending 2 % or more. 

Sorry but accepting Syrian refugees is not a NATO taking....Canada took on that project when it did not have to....your asking me to accept that as the excuse for cheating out on it's signed commitments...NO thanks....try again, because next time it is going to be something else, then something else....Why be in NATO if we have no intention to keep our commitment to it....

it continues to increase it's military budget....come on, now who is buying into the liberal kool aid...they have put more expenditures against DND than ever before, things I have already mentioned those are the programs that benefit the most form these small almost insulting defense budget increases...

WOW , yes lets devote an entire para on those AOP's that the cons wanted so badly, but our Navy is having problems with how to employ them, they are to slow, lightly armed, basically no good outside of Canada....Oh lets not forget that they are considering giving them to the coast guard....thats how bad the navy wants them....

You comment on how Canada could easily afford the 2 % of GDP, the real problem is there is NO interest on spending it...NONE, you say to many commentators on here think Canada has 10 times the population, and yet you say nothing of the Canadian military members that go on these tasking with little to no equipment or equipment that is so old it places them in danger....Just a reminder those are our sons and daughters we are talking about...

Scale up you think Canada is going to have the time to build aircraft, or ships, or tanks before the next conflict is over, the next conflict is come as you are....and trust me all the good equipment will be destroyed before you or your son or daughter gets there...

we have to make wise choices....you make me laugh , we can not even by trucks for fuc* sake...., the next conflict according to NATO and US senior staff is in the pacific, and its not going to be with terrorist but rather confronting Russia or china...

There’s truth in that, but it’s also true that we don’t have as many enemies as the US.  We do need to make our contributions to NATO and defend our coasts.  Canada’s security is also US security, since Canada is the northern gateway.  That’s what NORAD was mostly about.  Britain, France, a halfed US military, plus all other NATO allies, is plenty of force.  

This statement just confirms what I have been saying all along , we are free loaders....why don't you check how much we pay into NORAD, or now our coast line surveillance which is now part of NORAD, how is the bill divided....Might as well pack in our military and let the us take over our sovereignty….think of the billions we could save, not to mention all our service members lives....

Our military is on life support, we are losing capabilities hand over fist because we are to cheap, and it will continue to lose it's combat capabilities because of people with your very ideas...our military is top notch...we have the best equipment money can buy....how many dead soldiers will it take to convince you to open your wallet or atleast change your mind....the worse part about this , is it all has been reported in the media, in little pieces here and there, but Canadians are not smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, and the other half of Canadians don't give a shit...

Doesn't matter how great you are at the tactical level,  all war is logistics in the end, and Canada has no logistics tail.

The Canadian Forces are what is called a Boutique Military, there are some shiny toys in the showroom, but behind the scenes, the cupboard is empty.

You have no sovereignty from the Americans when your military is totally reliant on them for even the most basic logistics.

But whatever, only Canadians are under the delusion that they live in a sovereign country, everybody else in the world knows that Canada is an American finger puppet.

Personally, I don't mind, because Canadians are not capable of running their own affairs, thank goodness the Americans prop Canada up, God bless them.

I'd much rather fight for the Americans than the infantilized clown show of leftist village idiots masquerading as a government here.

It is in the end the Americans who defend my Commander-in-Chief, Canada couldn't defend its way out of a wet paper bag. lol

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Doesn't matter how great you are at the tactical level,  all war is logistics in the end, and Canada has no logistics tail.

The Canadian Forces are what is called a Boutique Military, there are some shiny toys in the showroom, but behind the scenes, the cupboard is empty.

You have no sovereignty from the Americans when your military is totally reliant on them for even the most basic logistics.

But whatever, only Canadians are under the delusion that they live in a sovereign country, everybody else in the world knows that Canada is an American finger puppet.

Personally, I don't mind, because Canadians are not capable of running their own affairs, thank goodness the Americans prop Canada up, God bless them.

I'd much rather fight for the Americans than the infantilized clown show of leftist village idiots masquerading as a government here.

It is in the end the Americans who defend my Commander-in-Chief, Canada couldn't defend its way out of a wet paper bag. lol

Now hold on.  It’s been a while, but Canada has a very significant military history in the World Wars.  Also, soft power has helped Canada and the US.  You can’t discount the significance of resettling 60000 Syrian refugees.  Someone has to provide long term stability for displaced people.  Also, Canada made important infrastructure and institutional contributions in Afghanistan post-invasion.  The reality is that even at 3% of our GDP on military, Canada won’t be all things to all people.  I do think Canada should aspire to having a force on the scale of France or Britain, as we once had.  It’s unbelievable how many destroyers, corvettes, battleships, etc. we had in WW2.  We even had aircraft carriers.  We were cranking out Hurricanes and making war in every force.  It’s sad how that capability was allowed to deplete, from marines to airborne.  Nevertheless, we still have maintained some essentials and niche gear.  It’s definitely time for the military to scale up.  I just don’t think people here take much interest.  I certainly see a lot of military recruitment ads.  I don’t know enough about it to be honest.  I have friends and family in the forces.  They complain about it but they also say Canadians are very well trained and that they don’t feel neglected.  I guess it depends on what you do and where you are.  I didn’t like what Afghanistan did to some of the soldiers I know.  Don’t really know if that’s an easy problem to prevent.  

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Now hold on.  It’s been a while, but Canada has a very significant military history in the World Wars.  Also, soft power has helped Canada and the US.  You can’t discount the significance of resettling 60000 Syrian refugees.  Someone has to provide long term stability for displaced people.  Also, Canada made important infrastructure and institutional contributions in Afghanistan post-invasion.  The reality is that even at 3% of our GDP on military, Canada won’t be all things to all people.  I do think Canada should aspire to having a force on the scale of France or Britain, as we once had.  It’s unbelievable how many destroyers, corvettes, battleships, etc. we had in WW2.  We even had aircraft carriers.  We were cranking out Hurricanes and making war in every force.  It’s sad how that capability was allowed to deplete, from marines to airborne.  Nevertheless, we still have maintained some essentials and niche gear.  It’s definitely time for the military to scale up.  I just don’t think people here take much interest.  I certainly see a lot of military recruitment ads.  I don’t know enough about it to be honest.  I have friends and family in the forces.  They complain about it but they also say Canadians are very well trained and that they don’t feel neglected.  I guess it depends on what you do and where you are.  I didn’t like what Afghanistan did to some of the soldiers I know.  Don’t really know if that’s an easy problem to prevent.  

World War Two might as well be a thousand years ago, the Canadian military is an empty shell now, the process began in 1967.

Two Canadian soldiers, with a combined 56 years of service are telling you how it is, if you don't believe us, put your money where your mouth is, down at the recruitment center, and sign the contract of unlimited liability and serve in the damn military that you love so much.

• Like 1

And stop with your knee jerk insecurity about the Americans,  don't compare DND to the DOD, pick any of Canada's near peers,  Australia, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, what have you, all their militaries put Canada's military to shame, Canada's military is a joke, yeah, Canadian troops are NATO trained, but all troops in NATO are trained pretty much the same, Canada has no military claim to fame anymore, and you're not doing the troops any favours by blowing sunshine up peoples asses about it.

Edited by Dougie93

41 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

World War Two might as well be a thousand years ago, the Canadian military is an empty shell now, the process began in 1967.

Two Canadian soldiers, with a combined 56 years of service are telling you how it is, if you don't believe us, put your money where your mouth is, down at the recruitment center, and sign the contract of unlimited liability and serve in the damn military that you love so much.

Well I did different stints overseas, one of them international development.  I considered time in the military but circumstances put me elsewhere.  No big regrets.  I don’t like how effetes like Trudeau Jr. have taken over and come to symbolize this country, but then I have to remind myself that it’s a new generation coming into power.  Trudeau has his own metrosexual currency and internationally people do still like him despite Trump’s attacks.  Whether you like the current leadership depends on your politics, but I do think JT’s in for a rough ride at the polls.  Lucky he got TransMountain revived.  

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well I did different stints overseas, one of them international development.  I considered time in the military but circumstances put me elsewhere.  No big regrets.  I don’t like how effetes like Trudeau Jr. have taken over and come to symbolize this country, but then I have to remind myself that it’s a new generation coming into power.  Trudeau has his own metrosexual currency and internationally people do still like him despite Trump’s attacks.  Whether you like the current leadership depends on your politics, but I do think JT’s in for a rough ride at the polls.  Lucky he got TransMountain revived.  

It was Trudeau's father who dismantled the military, or rather he assigned that wingnut Paul Hellyer the task.

This is not Justin Trudeau's doing, the Canadian military was long dead when Justin was still in high school.

This has been a mutligenerational project, executed by both the Liberals and the Tories, nobody in Canada gives a real shit about the military preparedness of the country, and it's not unionized, so it's just a slush fund for boondoggles handed out to parochial regional interests.

That's all DND is, a big corruption factory, it serves no actual military purpose at all.

The only thing I want now, is my money back as a taxpayer, take it out behind the woodshed and put it out of its misery, quit pretending that Canada has not handed off all military concerns to the Americans, and end this perpetually fraudulent boondoggle once and for all time.

Canada is a fake country with a fake government running a fake military, and I don't f**king care anymore, lets just stop wasting $20 billion dollars a year on this clown show. 

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

It was Trudeau's father who dismantled the military, or rather he assigned that wingnut Paul Hellyer the task.

This is not Justin Trudeau's doing, the Canadian military was long dead when Justin was still in high school.

True.  The uniforms said it all.  That’s the problem with Canada.  The guy who many think was the coolest PM did a lot of radical stuff.  Laurier, Pearson, and St. Laurent were such steady hands, whereas Trudeau took a sledgehammer to the old Canada and recreated it in his image.  For better and worse, we’re still in that Canada.  

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

For better and worse, we’re still in that Canada.  

I own property here, I'm married to a Canadian girl who wants to live close to her family, other than that, I checked out of Canada a ways back, I don't even feel like a Canadian anymore, I'm ashamed to carry a Canadian passport, I actually despise this country now.

It's not even a country, it's just a colony, always has been, always will be.

A bunch of regional parochial interests who first let London run things for them, then when London went broke, Washington started running it.

That's why you're so insecure and always have to make up bullshit about it, because you know its true, you just can't admit it, perhaps not even to yourself.

But once you embrace the truth of it, all that bullshit is just empty talk, talk, talk, Canadians talk a big game, but they never actually take to the field, and they never will.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I own property here, I'm married to a Canadian girl who wants to live close to her family, other than that, I checked out of Canada a ways back, I don't even feel like a Canadian anymore, I'm ashamed to carry a Canadian passport, I actually despise this country now.

I don’t understand that.  Canada is a great country.  It’s just become a bit of a la la land.  I know you want to see a US takeover.  Maybe that will happen naturally one day, though a century from now it may be Canada that sets the tone for America to follow.  Who knows where it’s all going.  I don’t get too stuck on nationality.  My guess if we joined the US is that we’d keep most things in place.  I plan to travel and write or do art when I eventually retire, but I’m grateful to be based in Canada.  

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t understand that.  Canada is a great country.  It’s just become a bit of a la la land.  I know you want to see a US takeover.  Maybe that will happen naturally one day, though a century from now it may be Canada that sets the tone for America to follow.  Who knows where it’s all going.  I don’t get too stuck on nationality.  My guess if we joined the US is that we’d keep most things in place.  I plan to travel and write or do art when I eventually retire, but I’m grateful to be based in Canada.  

The Americans don't want to take over, the Americans don't want to put up with the la la land idiots here, the Americans don't want anymore dependents than they already have.

The Americans are fine with Canada being a protectorate, they just prop Canada up so they don't have a Mexico North problem to go with their Mexico South problem.

Obviously when you swear an oath to kill and die for a nationality, you get stuck on it, but I'm done with that now, I did my duty, I don't owe Canada a blessed thing.

In terms of basing, this is a nice property here, but it's a property in what is for all intents and purposes just a richer version of Puerto Rico.

You know, even my family down home in Nova Scotia, who have been there for 262 years,  they don't go on and on about being "Canadian", they don't even say that, they say they are from Hants Country Nova Scotia and they have not much time at all for anything or anybody west of Pictou.

It's really just Ontario which is the Guardians of Confederation, nobody else really gives a shit, other than rooting for the hockey team.

When I go out to BC where I was born?   They despise Ontario, they hate us more than they hate the Americans, Ontario doesn't really notice them much, but I hate BC, I can't stand the people there.

People on the prairies?  Ignorant racist hicks.  Quebec?  More ignorant racist hicks.  New Brunswick? Shithole, worst province of them all.

Newfoundland? Okay, Newfies don't hate anybody and they are a fun bunch, but it's still a shithole.

I like Upper Canada and Nova Scotia, everybody else can f**k right off.

Edited by Dougie93

On 6/16/2019 at 4:11 AM, Alex Reese said:

See, there it is again! The "I have to be better and prove to these people that I am better" mentality. You know what you sound like? You sound like those trying to make females strong wannabees on TV shows and movies. Instead of showing us how strong a woman is they have to tell us.......

No, he's showing you what a ignorant sack of crap you are. Neither Canada nor Canadians burned down the White House. But worthless American shits did burn down Govt House in York. Typical too. The US has been invading counties since 1812 and yet they can't figure out why they are so globally hated. And look at your country's foolishness. The US had a problem with Japan deciding that Asia was its "sphere of influence" while long maintaining that the entire western hemisphere was America's sphere of influence. So you what you have is a continuing history of being a nation of hypocritical, ,war-mongering racist douchebags. "Wahhh why doesn't anyone like us, wahhhhh"

3 hours ago, Armchairprophet said:

No, he's showing you what a ignorant sack of crap you are. Neither Canada nor Canadians burned down the White House. But worthless American shits did burn down Govt House in York. Typical too. The US has been invading counties since 1812 and yet they can't figure out why they are so globally hated. And look at your country's foolishness. The US had a problem with Japan deciding that Asia was its "sphere of influence" while long maintaining that the entire western hemisphere was America's sphere of influence. So you what you have is a continuing history of being a nation of hypocritical, ,war-mongering racist douchebags. "Wahhh why doesn't anyone like us, wahhhhh"

I for one do not hate America, in fact,  I would kill and die for the Declaration of Independence preamble and associated light of civilization itself, without hesitation, I love America and Americans, they are my kin and brothers in arms, the friendliest, most forthright and upstanding people on earth, God bless America, long live the republic, and make no mistake,  we will free all the slaves everywhere, or die trying, Eagle with thunderbolts in talons grasped, through adversity to the stars.

Edited by Dougie93

I don't hate Americans. I don't hate America the country, hell I even lived there for 4-5 years. I do hate America the institution and its horribly wretched hypocrisy though.

As for Alex, he's just as arrogant and ignorant as the Canadians he whines about. If you listen to him you'd think only Canada benefited from the unique relationship that both countries enjoy.