Why can't canada just be happy for america?

The US's women's soccer team devastated thailand in the world cup with a 13-0 . Unexpectedly it was canadians that called foul. 

"Kyle added: "I'm all about passion, but as a Canadian we would just never ever think of doing something like that."

https://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_bc9b472fb869d9fc40c23ba56d793ebb

Edited by paxamericana

Ha, we all remember the cheap penalty in the World Cup semifinals that caused the US to tie it up.  A travesty!

“Referee Christiana Pedersen’s ruling that the Canadian goalkeeper had been wasting time, giving an indirect free kick to the Americans, was one that many veteran players and coaches say they have never seen, and many described it as baffling.”(NY Times, 2012)

During HNIC, Don Cherry often rants about the same thing, you don't rack up the score and embarrass the other team. However I disagree. If you're able to rack up the score like that, it's the other team that's embarrassing itself.  The only advice I have in that instance is, when the game is locked up don't make a big deal about every goal you score after that. There's no need for big showy celebrations when you've got a nice 5 goal lead or better. That's just poor sportsmanship.

Another fond CanAm memory...this time from the 2018 Winter Olympics...the Americans won gold...Canada...silver:

For more than half an hour no one could make Jocelyne Larocque wear her silver medal. Not the person handing them out. Not her teammates – who knew better than to mention it. And not the American fans shouting from the stands: "Put your medal on!"

And then someone finally forced her.

Z2ATOZ43FRDRJD334N7TFLV4WE.JPG

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/olympics/rules-trump-emotion-as-canadian-womens-hockey-player-ordered-to-wear-silver-medal/article38062105/

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fun and games with Canada aside, the American women's team does have a strong case for getting equal pay as the men, because the women have been far more successful in soccer.

Cut the men's pay and give it to the women !

Nahh i can't find myself sitting through an entire women's game. Its like watching a low energy version of fifa. The women's national team lost 5-2 against a under 15 boy's league. There would be equal pay if there is equal fan base but there isn't, at least not in america. Soccer is as much an emotional sport as it is physical. The women league just seems to have less drama and energy. Who'd pay to watch that!?

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Another fond CanAm memory...this time from the 2018 Winter Olympics...the Americans won gold...Canada...silver:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/olympics/rules-trump-emotion-as-canadian-womens-hockey-player-ordered-to-wear-silver-medal/article38062105/

I won’t cite all the Canadian men’s golds...

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah the women’s soccer and hockey teams are awesome.  Other sports coming up as well.  

Right.  There are differences in the experience, sure, but I'm really enjoying what I can see of the World Cup right now.

And as for athletics, another of my favourites to watch, I see no difference.

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Such chivalry.

How white is your knight armour!

Let me get this straight.  You think I'm a knight in shining armour because I like to watch women's soccer?

Neurotic didn't quite get to the nub of it, did it?

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Let me get this straight.  You think I'm a knight in shining armour because I like to watch women's soccer?

Neurotic didn't quite get to the nub of it, did it?

If I'm neurotic, you're one brave of a chivalrous man to give your time like that for this show.

Thank you.

Gillette should include you in their next ad as a what a man should be.

• Haha 1

It's not the racking up of the score that is offensive, the system almost demands that teams do that, It's the goal celebrations that were in poor taste.  I've seen coaches coaching 8/9yo kids tell their players to stop celebrating when the score is way out of hand, yet these adults cheered the 13th goal just the same as the first goal.  It was an appalling display.

Because the canucks are a bunch of arrogant snobs who want to fantasize that they are soooooo much better than their neighbor down south; they are the same with the europeans. I mean, if it was a european who was doing it, it would be alright because europeans at least have a history to back up what makes them better but what about you canucks, hmm? What about you? What do you have to show off? Let me guess, your healthcare? Your maple syrup? Your hockey? Your friendliness? This:

height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg

3 hours ago, Alex Reese said:

Because the canucks are a bunch of arrogant snobs who want to fantasize that they are soooooo much better than their neighbor down south; they are the same with the europeans. I mean, if it was a european who was doing it, it would be alright because europeans at least have a history to back up what makes them better but what about you canucks, hmm? What about you? What do you have to show off? Let me guess, your healthcare? Your maple syrup? Your hockey? Your friendliness? This:

height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg

Learn about New France, English and French Acadia, the Hudson’s Bay Company, the couriers du bois, the CNR, Confederation, and get back to me. 

16 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Learn about New France, English and French Acadia, the Hudson’s Bay Company, the couriers du bois, the CNR, Confederation, and get back to me. 

See, there it is again! The "I have to be better and prove to these people that I am better" mentality. You know what you sound like? You sound like those trying to make females strong wannabees on TV shows and movies. Instead of showing us how strong a woman is they have to tell us.......

Gosh, why don't you cancuks and your european masters form a super alliance and just go your own way? Prove to yourselves that you are not completely pathetic. Both of you are so annoying and honestly, I have never encountered a genuine kind canadian or european; all of you are horrible horrible snobs who I just want to punch in the face so hard.

The United States should just end NORAD and get itself out of NATO. You Americans are wasting billions  of dollars on an ungrateful bunch of swine while they enjoy the benefits from it. Oh and ms. canuck, if you dare tell me I am wrong or how arrogant the US is, I dare you to do just that and prove to me how pathetic you and your people truly are, arrogant canuck slime ball.