Native inquiry an orgy of progressive guilt-mongering

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

It's Canada's language, Canada is the party which is asserting a genocidal Canada, again, it's not my words, it's Canada's words.

It’s a highly politicized inquiry’s words.  The inquiry’s recommendations go far beyond their mandate and are very ideological, unfortunately.  The TRC has similar issues.  Sadly the problems with this committee work obfuscate real issues that need to be addressed.  

• Like 1

You know what else is eerily similar between genocidal Canada and genocidal Nazi Germany?

Not only are both regimes openly genocidal, they both make no bones about it and assert that they are genocidal, but as in Nazi Germany, nobody is responsible for it in Canada neither.

It's like Hitler never actually signed an order to direct the state to commit genocide, it was systematic, it was ingrained in the ideology of the state, nobody had to order, it was autonomous, with no central authority to direct it, that's how Canada commits genocide too.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

You know what else is eerily similar between genocidal Canada and genocidal Nazi Germany?

Not only are both regimes openly genocidal, they both make no bones about it and assert that they are genocidal, but as in Nazi Germany, nobody is responsible for it in Canada neither.

It's like Hitler never actually signed an order to direct the state to commit genocide, it was systematic, it was ingrained in the ideology of the state, nobody had to order, it was autonomous, with no central authority to direct it, that's how Canada commits genocide too.

You illustrate the ridiculousness of such comparisons, which is why using the term genocide to describe the plight of Indigenous in Canada is risky.  What happened to Jews in Germany or Armenians by the Turkish.  Those are full on genocides.  What happened in the US is far closer to genocide than what happened in Canada, yet I won’t call that genocide either.  Are we to say the English committed genocide against the French in Canada during the Expulsion?   We haven’t even got into slavery or segregation in the US.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

You illustrate the ridiculousness of such comparisons, which is why using the term genocide to describe the plight of Indigenous in Canada is risky.  What happened to Jews in Germany or Armenians by the Turkish.  Those are full on genocides.  What happened in the US is far closer to genocide than what happened in Canada, yet I won’t call that genocide either.  Are we to say the English committed genocide against the French in Canada during the Expulsion?   We haven’t even got into slavery or segregation in the US.  

A brave attempt to minimize and mitigate self-declared genocide in Canada.   But I don't think it will work going forward as the wheel turns.

"But Germany....but Turkey....but USA..."

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada exceeded Germany by exporting the monarchy approved reserve system to apartheid South Africa.

It is truly bizarre how an Apartheid state in South Africa was "totally unacceptable" to Canadians, but somehow the same sort of Apartheid state in Canada is asserted to be "Peace, Order, and Good Governance"

Seriously, Canadians are bat shit totalitarians, I shit you not.

• Like 1

Just now, Dougie93 said:

It is truly bizarre how an Apartheid state in South Africa was "totally unacceptable" to Canadians, but somehow the same sort of Apartheid state in Canada is asserted to be "Peace, Order, and Good Governance"

They’re very different systems.  I’d love to see the end of the reserve systems like most Canadians.   Read An Inconvenient Indian.  Many Indigenous want to keep the reserves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I know...it is the very definition of cognitive dissonance...on a national scale.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I know...it is the very definition of cognitive dissonance...on a national scale.

So long as you slap a Maple Leaf on it and invoke the American Reb Menace at the gates, there is no abomination Canadians will not embrace as Peace, Order and Good Government.

Canada is like Russia.  It's like the Kremlin is running things up in here yo.

Edited by Dougie93

And I have Russian neighbors, they grew up in the Soviet Union and then left Russia to come to Canada, and they say the same thing, they say Trudeau and Putin are the same.

Invoking the Americans as the menace in order to get the masses to rally around the totalitarian state.

The Liberal Party of Canada Flag flown while they dutifully sing the Liberal Party of Canada Song on Liberal Party of Canada Day.

It's literally Orwellian.

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Invoking the Americans as the menace in order to get the masses to rally around the totalitarian state.

Yes...it is a very common Canadian move....going back generations.   Even the Canadian natives invoke Palestinians (two oceans away) in their struggles with the white man's Indian Act.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...it is a very common Canadian move....going back generations. 

It was never as hateful as it is now, the Anti-American hatred is bizarre, and I grew up in the shadow of Vietnam and all that noise, but this a whole new level of cray cray.

And notice how they all invoke the same anti-American talking points all the time, this is not something which they have come to their own conclusions on after analysis, this is propganada which is being fed to them by the state and its propaganda arms.

It was never Pravda and TASS before, but that's what it's like now.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

It was never as hateful as it is now, the Anti-American hatred is bizarre, and I grew up in the shadow of Vietnam and all that noise, but this a whole new level of cray cray.

Agreed...I remember the anti-American rhetoric with PET and his minions 50 years ago.    But that won't help them out of the "aboriginal" genocide mess.

The Canadian perps who did this do not understand one advantage that the American natives have for their self esteem  and honour....Little Big Horn (aka Custer's Last Stand).

Native American warriors still serve proudly in the U.S. armed forces...even from Canada (Jay Treaty)....consistent with cultural tradition.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...I remember the anti-American rhetoric with PET and his minions 50 years ago.    But that won't help them out of the "aboriginal" genocide mess.

The Canadian perps who did this do not understand one advantage that the American natives have for their self esteem  and honour....Little Big Horn (aka Custer's Last Stand).

Native American warriors still serve proudly in the U.S. armed forces...even from Canada (Jay Treaty)....consistent with cultural tradition.

Nothing can help them out, because Canadian Confederation is a failed state, and it's getting worse, it's starting to tear itself apart at the seams as the dysfunction spreads into every organ of the state, which is why it is becoming increasingly totalitarian to try to compensate for its lack of dynamic flight in the Information Age where the Nanny State can no longer stave off freedom, whether that be the Indians, or anybody else, the Canadian Iron Curtain against American freedom is becoming irrelevant, and that's causing the entrenched interests here to panic.

Edited by Dougie93

40 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

We have our own Indigenous heroes, from Longboat to Robbie Robertson to Buffy St. Marie, NHL’ers, etc.  What are you going to do about your reserve system?  Oh yeah, squat.  

• Like 1