Native inquiry an orgy of progressive guilt-mongering

Amazing development....I wonder if NBA fans in the "states" should boycott the finals games because the Raptors are from a country with past and ongoing "genocide" ?

Too bad, because most Americans wanted the Raptors to win the championship (Warriors fatigue).

Now Canada = GENOCIDE...remarkable, eh ?

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Amazing development....I wonder if NBA fans in the "states" should boycott the finals games because the Raptors are from a country with past and ongoing "genocide" ?

Too bad, because most Americans wanted the Raptors to win the championship (Warriors fatigue).

Now Canada = GENOCIDE...remarkable, eh ?

Most NBA fans are probably Democrats who are just as vacuous as the Liberals are here.  I mean, the American left praises Trudeau like he is the second coming.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Most NBA fans are probably Democrats who are just as vacuous as the Liberals are here.  I mean, the American left praises Trudeau like he is the second coming.

This changes everything...now all the Canadian tourism ads I see will have to point out the existence of ongoing "GENOCIDE".  

Will "Oh, Canada" be changed to reflect "GENOCIDE" ?

Will protesters show up at the Canadian Open this week because of "GENOCIDE" ?

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

This changes everything...now all the Canadian tourism ads I see will have to point out the existence of ongoing "GENOCIDE".  

Will "Oh, Canada" be changed to reflect "GENOCIDE" ?

Will protesters show up at the Canadian Open this week because of "GENOCIDE" ?

One can only hope, but I assume Americans don't pay much attention to Canada.

It seems like the CBC state propaganda arm has realized that this GENOCIDE thing is backfiring already, so they are going hard with the D-Day Anniversary coverage right now, a convenient opportunity to change the subject and present the Liberal totalitarian regime as pro-military, even tho they hate the military,  it serves as a convenient prop from time to time.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Just moving on to something more interesting, it's boring  going in circles with you, because all you do is evade the point and prattle on.

No its you that's doing the evading but without really knowing what it is you're evading.  Thinking apparently.  Sorry, but politics is a rabbit-hole to Blunder-land. 

According to your conventional use of the terms right and left China's government would be labelled progressive. Would you agree or disagree with that and what would you point to as evidence that China's rulers are acting and behaving in a progressive which is also to say a liberal fashion?

You figure it was right-wing conservatives that were being massacred in Tiananmen Square 30 years ago?

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

No its you that's doing the evading but without really knowing what it is you're evading.  Thinking apparently.  Sorry, but politics is a rabbit-hole to Blunder-land. 

According to your conventional use of the terms right and left China's government would be labelled progressive. Would you agree or disagree with that and what would you point to as evidence that China's rulers are acting and behaving in a progressive which is also to say a liberal fashion?

You figure it was right-wing conservatives that were being massacred in Tiananmen Square 30 years ago?

Blah, blah, blah, what?  Try again, that's just a bunch of incoherent prattle.

45 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

One can only hope, but I assume Americans don't pay much attention to Canada.

But the provincial tourism wonks will still buy ad time in American television/cable markets.  (We get lots of them for hunting and fishing in Ontario.)

I could be wrong, but I think by international convention, once you are guilty of genocide it's like being a registered sex offender.

This is the wrong kind of attention.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But the provincial tourism wonks will still buy ad time in American television/cable markets.  (We get lots of them for hunting and fishing in Ontario.)

I could be wrong, but I think by international convention, once you are guilty of genocide it's like being a registered sex offender.

This is the wrong kind of attention.

I like it when the Government of Canada scores an own goal, but the ICC doesn't charge states with genocide, they would have to charge a specific person or persons in Canada, which would also make me cackle, but I don't know who would be the target of the investigation, who is the person or persons responsible for Trudeau's GENOCIDE?

This is why it's such vacuous blather, if you invoke genocide, you have to specify who are the perpetrators, like Adolf Eichmann, or Slobodan Milosevic.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True, but it is still entertaining to run with it.

Justin Trudeau has gone from "Sunny Ways" to Prime Minister "GENOCIDE".

He will forever be known as the "genocide" prime minister.

Oh it's all entertaining, this is a clown show, government by SJW is absurdity piled upon absurdity, because these Progressive are mindless Himbos and Bimbos beyond anything I've ever seen before, it's koo-koo cray-cray, but again, there is no real opposition, and so long as mortgage rates are sub 3%, the Canadian Normies don't care.

Oh it's all entertaining, this is a clown show, government by SJW is absurdity piled upon absurdity, because these Progressive are mindless Himbos and Bimbos beyond anything I've ever seen before, it's koo-koo cray-cray, but again, there is no real opposition, and so long as mortgage rates are sub 3%, the Canadian Normies don't care.

I just love the contrast of Canadian smug and "genocide"....even the Queen must be scratching her head on this one.

"Hey Justin, WTF is going on in Canada...you are making me look bad ! "

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The difference is in being found guilty after going to great lengths and whining about how you innocent you are as opposed to taking responsibility for past wrongs.

Being responsible and admitting guilt really are two different things.  The RCMP's lapse in judgement and apparent disregard for the darker side of the Highway of Tears has been correctly placed in the same context of the dispossession, assimilation and neglect - much of it resulting in death - that governments in Canada have been perpetrating against indigenous people ever since it was founded. By rights, taking responsibility and accounting for this should makes us more attractive to visitors.  I expect there'll still be lots of hard-boiled conservatives and racists who'll never visit Canada because of their fear of communism and Sharia but that's a good thing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I just love the contrast of Canadian smug and "genocide"....even the Queen must be scratching her head on this one.

"Hey Justin, WTF is going on in Canada...you are making me look bad ! "

The Organization of American States is apparently launching an investigation, so they have indeed blown this up into an international concern.

They don't think things through, they are getting desperate, they will say whatever to pander to their crazy SJW leftist base, the consequences of shooting their mouths off idiotically to idiot college students,  they never pause to consider

The Organization of American States is apparently launching an investigation, so they have indeed blown this up into an international concern.

They don't think things through, they are getting desperate, they will say whatever to pander to their crazy SJW leftist base, the consequences of shooting their mouths off idiotically to idiot college students,  they never pause to consider

Maybe they will do the perp walk and beg forgiveness with promises to do better.

"SORRY !!!"....(not sorry)

8 hours ago, PIK said:

Take a look at the EU elections, elites are getting tossed. Left or right, but mainly left wing. 

How about a little pee with your pancakes PIK?

Danish Nationalists Suffer Their Worst Result Ever in Election

Denmark’s nationalists had their worst drubbing ever in Wednesday’s election, resulting in a changed political landscape that will bring with it a new left-leaning government led by a 41-year-old woman.

People, as you like to say, are getting fed up.  As I wrote above the sneering hard-boiled brainless rhetoric on issues like immigration, climate change and the environment is what's increasingly turning un-conservative Europeans off...so please keep it up here too.  Normally I'd be tempted to bite my tongue rather than point out the obvious but that's never made a dent in how conservatives think or what they say before so. 

This is more like rubbing their stupid noses in it.

Edited by eyeball

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

The difference is in being found guilty after going to great lengths and whining about how you innocent you are as opposed to taking responsibility for past wrongs.

Being responsible and admitting guilt really are two different things.  The RCMP's lapse in judgement and apparent disregard for the darker side of the Highway of Tears has been correctly placed in the same context of the dispossession, assimilation and neglect - much of it resulting in death - that governments in Canada have been perpetrating against indigenous people ever since it was founded. By rights, taking responsibility and accounting for this should makes us more attractive to visitors.  I expect there'll still be lots of hard-boiled conservatives and racists who'll never visit Canada because of their fear of communism and Sharia but that's a good thing.

The governments of Canada have never perpetrated anything "against" indigenous peoples.  What many have done is make with their very best intentions what they THOUGHT was helping the indigenous community.  While almost everything they have done is about as inept as the current idiocy of the LPC and their Prime Mistake, none, not even the little twit himself have intended any harm to aboriginals.

Judging by the standards of today what was done in decades and centuries past is one perfect example of pure stupidity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cannuck said:

The governments of Canada have never perpetrated anything "against" indigenous peoples.  What many have done is make with their very best intentions what they THOUGHT was helping the indigenous community. 

That doesn't make our governments any less responsible for the results of their actions or lack thereof.

While almost everything they have done is about as inept as the current idiocy of the LPC and their Prime Mistake, none, not even the little twit himself have intended any harm to aboriginals.

Judging by the standards of today what was done in decades and centuries past is one perfect example of pure stupidity.

Today's standards hold governments responsible for the harm their actions and inaction cause. Stupidity is certainly no excuse. 

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

The governments of Canada have never perpetrated anything "against" indigenous peoples.  What many have done is make with their very best intentions what they THOUGHT was helping the indigenous community.  While almost everything they have done is about as inept as the current idiocy of the LPC and their Prime Mistake, none, not even the little twit himself have intended any harm to aboriginals.

It isn't as innocent as that at all.

Governments would like Indigenous people to get out of the way of business. Their land rights are an impediment to business. Business must have "certainty".

Governments have used many different methods to try to dispossess Indigenous Peoples of their lands and rights. 

Few people alive today have done anything but genuinely try to appease those who went long before.  I agree that government should do one thing that it most has done: admit that those before screwed up royally.   Similarly, outside of the residential schools students (I hesitate to call them "survivors" - this is being played for every nickel that can be squeezed out) few living aboriginals have suffered from anything but the greed and avarice of their own leadership.  The hundreds of billions in tax dollars that have been directed towards them (most of which evaporates in the massive bureaucracy and "Indian Industry" of consultants on the teats of the biggest sow out there) seldom trickle down to anyone with a treaty number.  Instead of bleeding hearts with absolutely no idea WTF an Indian is, a reserve is or rot that matter how a country SHOULD operate trying prop up the idiotic notion that there are over 200 "sovereign nations" within one country, we need leadership from the Federal government and aboriginal bands that recognize that the status quo is unsustainable.

Land claims are just that: claims.  The treaties that a far away colonial power imposed upon one of their colonies, IMHO, died the day the BNA ceased to define Canada.  And THERE is the real problem:   as Dougie would say: Canada is a long way from BEING a country - evidence the folly of "sovereign nations" being recognized within.  The idea that you can give one band ove4r another all of downtown Winnipeg for instance (a genuine claim) is preposterous....unless the recipients are prepared to re-imburse the developers and current property owners for 100% of their "improvements" and all future loss of revenue.  Nobody bought a lot on Portage and Main with the knowlege or intent to be "squatting" on something that was under administration of anything BUT some form of legitimate government.

All of that "business" that Jaycee decries is what creates 100% of the wealth that the residents of Canada live on.  Do you think we can survive on the largess of the aboriginals?????

On 6/3/2019 at 8:54 PM, eyeball said:

These 'orgies' can certainly be counted on to inspire the sort of hilarious anti-left rhetoric that caused Europeans to swing more left than right in their latest election.

Nothing makes ordinary people's eyes roll faster these days than the spectacle of a bunch of indignant conservatives lining up in forums like these to spout off in every direction possible about left-lib-commie-virtue-signalling-drunken-sailor-spending-feminist-LGBTQ, justice-warriors.  Notice all it takes is one slightly overblown word (genocide) to trigger a torrent of invective so riddled with cliches and hyperbole its guaranteed to make conservatism look a lot more silly than the Marxist-Stalinist-Maoist Sharia loving progressive bogyman they invoke.

By all means please keep it up.

As opposed to idiots using over blown hyperbole and rhetoric because they don't like the fact the stats don't bear out the "Blame Whitey" bullshit narrative? Tell us oh great adjective spewer, how exactly does male Natives murdering female Natives constitute "genocide"? Why is a 17% unsolved rate for non-Native women not even newsworthy but a 19% unsolved rate for Native women is an abomination? The simple fact is, there have been studies on this very subject before and they all came to the same conclusion.  There was even an independent study on murdered and missing women in general  in Canada and across all racial groups, the vast majority of women are murdered by men from the same racial group. This latest MMIW crap is just another example of leftists (and various elements in the Native community who can't resist playing the identity politics game) refusing to accept reality.

But then what can you expect from a group of worthless troglodytes who  scream "NAZI!!!!!!" every time someone rejects their morally and emotionally relativistic ideology while believing the Natives were caretakers of the Earth and lived in some Kum By Yah fantasy world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Armchairprophet said:

As opposed to idiots using over blown hyperbole and rhetoric because they don't like the fact the stats don't bear out the "Blame Whitey" bullshit narrative? Tell us oh great adjective spewer, how exactly does male Natives murdering female Natives constitute "genocide"? Why is a 17% unsolved rate for non-Native women not even newsworthy but a 19% unsolved rate for Native women is an abomination? The simple fact is, there have been studies on this very subject before and they all came to the same conclusion.  There was even an independent study on murdered and missing women in general  in Canada and across all racial groups, the vast majority of women are murdered by men from the same racial group. This latest MMIW crap is just another example of leftists (and various elements in the Native community who can't resist playing the identity politics game) refusing to accept reality.

But then what can you expect from a group of worthless troglodytes who  scream "NAZI!!!!!!" every time someone rejects their morally and emotionally relativistic ideology while believing the Natives were caretakers of the Earth and lived in some Kum By Yah fantasy world.

It would sure be refreshing to hear this no-nonsense tell-it-like-it-is bromide from Andrew Sheer.

What are the chances?

2 hours ago, Armchairprophet said:

Good post.  You nailed it. 

Welcome to the forum. Stick around, we need more members who will speak out against the absurd Orwellian contradictions of these totalitarian "Progressive" Bolshevists.

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Good post.  You nailed it. 

Welcome to the forum. Stick around, we need more members who will speak out against the absurd Orwellian contradictions of these totalitarian "Progressive" Bolshevists.

And don't be shy about weighing in on climate change too.  Conservative political parties need all the help they can get.