Steeling from Wildlife and killing them off

15 hours ago, cougar said:

This is what GROWING THE ECONOMY looks like:

2019_07_19_Hazelton_03.jpg

2019_07_19_Hazelton_02.jpg

2019_07_19_Hazelton.jpg

Accidents will happen. I guess that those wild animals are just going to have to learn to live with it. Plenty more of this will happen as long as our Canadian population keeps growing. if you are all for more immigration well stop your crying about animals being displaced, injured or killed. One might say that those that want more immigration are wanting to see more animals injured or killed. Yes/no? 

17 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I'm sure that is great comfort for the tigers.

Tigers don't know dyk all about anything and could careless about any live species and their comfort. All they are well known for is just two things?  Breeding and killing. :)

On 7/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, taxme said:

Accidents will happen. I guess that those wild animals are just going to have to learn to live with it.

This is not an accident.  An accident is when a tree falls on a bear.

This is a road constructed by us with the full knowledge it will kill wildlife.   Then we put more and more trucks and pickups on it to "grow the economy" again with the full knowledge this will be killing wildlife.  Finally we started cracking a whip behind those truck drivers asking them to go faster and faster to make us more money, again knowing they will have no time to stop for a bear!      This is all premeditated carnage!     I told you I am against population growth, GDP growth, whatever growth.....so stop teaching me what I already agree with.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:19 PM, cougar said:

This is a road constructed by us with the full knowledge it will kill wildlife.   Then we put more and more trucks and pickups on it to "grow the economy" again with the full knowledge this will be killing wildlife.  Finally we started cracking a whip behind those truck drivers asking them to go faster and faster to make us more money, again knowing they will have no time to stop for a bear!      This is all premeditated carnage!     I told you I am against population growth, GDP growth, whatever growth.....so stop teaching me what I already agree with.

I agree with you up to a point. Nothing good comes when humans encroach on any form of life including their own species but the creation of highways, commerce, transportation, pollution, etc.,  We have always as humans mistaken ourselves as being superior to and not obliged to follow the rules of the earth as you are aware. That is as you also  know a spiritual disease. Trying to tell people entrenched in a world of material values that can be pointless because they probably do not want to  feel or breath what you do. 

That bear is a trigger for me of many obscenities. Just the picture. I think if I smelled the blood it would be worse. 

God damn it but all we can do is perform our miracles in the smallest and quietest of ways when adjusting our lifestyle. Nothing ever comes when you expect it but change comes. Its happening as we speak its just there are so many negative distractions you can't see it. 

I know you saw that picture of the husband and wife kissing behind a dead lion. Its what unfortunately many of us are-oblivious to the miracle of independent life. 

Scapegoating immediately grants for such issues makes no sense. All humans are responsible, some more than others depending on our lifestyles.

Edited by Rue

19 hours ago, taxme said:

Tigers don't know dyk all about anything and could careless about any live species and their comfort. All they are well known for is just two things?  Breeding and killing. :)

You project your self on to tigers.

https://www.indiawilds.com/diary/tiger-intelligence/

Hug a porcupine. You'll get the point.

Edited by Rue

17 hours ago, cougar said:

What is your solution to the problem you've outlined in your thread ?

I'm guessing that your home/neighborhood was once the home of a variety of wildlife.

Please be specific.

18 hours ago, cougar said:

I agree. But for those people who do not want to see more of this carnage to continue to happen on our highways is for those stupid politicians of ours to cut back on immigration. More immigration just means more problems. Why cannot anyone with an ounce of brains see and realize this? I cannot be blamed for all of the animals that are being killed on the highways in Canada because I have been saying for decades now that massive immigration will only lead to more problems. This is one of those problems. Canadians do not need hundreds of thousands of new immigrants, plus legal and illegal ones. And all I get for saying this is that I am anti-immigrant/refugee and even have been called a racist. All Canadians must demand less immigration. You should too or more bears and other wildlife carnage will continue on. :) 

Edited by taxme

5 hours ago, Rue said:

I agree with you up to a point. Nothing good comes when humans encroach on any form of life including their own species but the creation of highways, commerce, transportation, pollution, etc.,  We have always as humans mistaken ourselves as being superior to and not obliged to follow the rules of the earth as you are aware. That is as you also  know a spiritual disease. Trying to tell people entrenched in a world of material values that can be pointless because they probably do not want to  feel or breath what you do. 

That bear is a trigger for me of many obscenities. Just the picture. I think if I smelled the blood it would be worse. 

God damn it but all we can do is perform our miracles in the smallest and quietest of ways when adjusting our lifestyle. Nothing ever comes when you expect it but change comes. Its happening as we speak its just there are so many negative distractions you can't see it. 

I know you saw that picture of the husband and wife kissing behind a dead lion. Its what unfortunately many of us are-oblivious to the miracle of independent life. 

If you do not want to see more highways built and more traffic using those highways and adding more truck diesel fumes and pollution into the air then we all must demand less immigration. If you are for more immigration than you are being an accomplice to those animal killings on our Canadian highways. It's just plain common sense and logic. 

5 hours ago, Rue said:

You project your self on to tigers.

https://www.indiawilds.com/diary/tiger-intelligence/

Hug a porcupine. You'll get the point.

Like so many predators out there it is all due to nature putting the instinct to kill into their brains in order to survive. They quickly learn as to what they have to do to survive from their mothers teaching them as to what has to be done in order to catch food to eat. Other than that, they are not all that intelligent. Just sneaky and crafty. But I am pretty sure that the less tigers around their prey will be quite thankful for that. I personally do not feel sorry for the loss of Tigers. I have more feelings for their prey who when caught by a tiger are choked to death. 

A Tiger would quickly learn after one try to never try and hug another porcupine ever again. Many predators have tried and many have ended up with quills in their faces. Ouch. It's not intelligence that would stop him from hugging a porcupine. It is the pain that comes with it afterwards. :D 

8 hours ago, taxme said:

Other than that, they are not all that intelligent.

So what is being intelligent?  It may be a product of your own perceptions about yourself or what your teachers or friends told you, but there is always a higher power and level of intelligence.   Looking from that higher point of view, with all your intelligence you will still appear stupid and primitive.  Animals are looking for food.   People are looking for money.  At the end of the day, all animals and humans do about the same thing - eat, shit and f*  with some entertainment in between.  Oh, yes, we like to figure things out and find new challenges (only some of us, and I do not know where I stand there any more) but the final results are not impressive.  Take the computer games, internet, other screen entertainment aside and see what is left.  What is left is work, and more work and being stuck in industrial environments with noise, light, gas and all other kinds of pollution. And for what?  This is what we have built and is supposed to keep us excited?     

We in Canada still advertise our pristine environment and wildlife.  we put those on websites, stamps, in magazines, on our shirts and coffee cups.  But pretty soon those will be the only places to find them ; not in the forest or the ocean where they used to live.  Yes, we have been f* by politicians; yes, immigration is part of the problem.    Our consumer culture is also a problem; and the market based economy is yet another problem.

Do you listen to the radio any more?  I do not.   Because I am sick of having someone tell me what I need to buy and what is on sale in their stores today.  I am sick of having to buy mountains of cheap China made plastic and then buy some more a  few months or a year later, because this is where they are all made and this is the quality I have to be happy with today!

Every time we buy something, we pay for the transportation of our raw materials to China, the manufacture of the crappy item and its delivery back to the local store.  And somewhere along the process,  our bears, moose, deer, elk, goats, cougars, whales and hundreds of other smaller animals, birds, reptiles and insects get killed and wiped out.  Remember that!

Bringing the 300,000 immigrants/year virtually creates a new city of 300,000 in Canada, each and every year.  They all need their toys and plastic shit in addition to food, houses, airplanes to fly them, furniture and cars.  This puts another 300,000 vehicles on the roads in Canada, killing wildlife and of course more forests need to be chopped down, more mines need to be built and the pressure for more pipelines increases, because we have no other jobs to offer those people.  The value-added processing jobs were all given to China (the "developing" country).  We the highly developed country can only dig the ground to extract our raw materials and sell them to survive!  Talk about intelligence......something Canadian politicians are lacking.

So it is a vicious circle and there are many areas where meaningful improvements can be made.  But if we are concerned with what truck the neighbor has, what house, what boat, how many times he puts his ass on a plane, and we want to match that....IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

15 hours ago, cougar said:

So what is being intelligent?  It may be a product of your own perceptions about yourself or what your teachers or friends told you, but there is always a higher power and level of intelligence.   Looking from that higher point of view, with all your intelligence you will still appear stupid and primitive.  Animals are looking for food.   People are looking for money.  At the end of the day, all animals and humans do about the same thing - eat, shit and f*  with some entertainment in between.  Oh, yes, we like to figure things out and find new challenges (only some of us, and I do not know where I stand there any more) but the final results are not impressive.  Take the computer games, internet, other screen entertainment aside and see what is left.  What is left is work, and more work and being stuck in industrial environments with noise, light, gas and all other kinds of pollution. And for what?  This is what we have built and is supposed to keep us excited?     

We in Canada still advertise our pristine environment and wildlife.  we put those on websites, stamps, in magazines, on our shirts and coffee cups.  But pretty soon those will be the only places to find them ; not in the forest or the ocean where they used to live.  Yes, we have been f* by politicians; yes, immigration is part of the problem.    Our consumer culture is also a problem; and the market based economy is yet another problem.

Do you listen to the radio any more?  I do not.   Because I am sick of having someone tell me what I need to buy and what is on sale in their stores today.  I am sick of having to buy mountains of cheap China made plastic and then buy some more a  few months or a year later, because this is where they are all made and this is the quality I have to be happy with today!

Every time we buy something, we pay for the transportation of our raw materials to China, the manufacture of the crappy item and its delivery back to the local store.  And somewhere along the process,  our bears, moose, deer, elk, goats, cougars, whales and hundreds of other smaller animals, birds, reptiles and insects get killed and wiped out.  Remember that!

Bringing the 300,000 immigrants/year virtually creates a new city of 300,000 in Canada, each and every year.  They all need their toys and plastic shit in addition to food, houses, airplanes to fly them, furniture and cars.  This puts another 300,000 vehicles on the roads in Canada, killing wildlife and of course more forests need to be chopped down, more mines need to be built and the pressure for more pipelines increases, because we have no other jobs to offer those people.  The value-added processing jobs were all given to China (the "developing" country).  We the highly developed country can only dig the ground to extract our raw materials and sell them to survive!  Talk about intelligence......something Canadian politicians are lacking.

So it is a vicious circle and there are many areas where meaningful improvements can be made.  But if we are concerned with what truck the neighbor has, what house, what boat, how many times he puts his ass on a plane, and we want to match that....IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

People have been around for thousands of years and we have built hones to live in to get out of bad weather. Have tigers done this yet? So far, no. Just saying. :D

But besides that, why does Canada continue to buy chit from China? Is it because of the federal government that makes it too difficult for any Canadian to want to really start up a business? We appear to have a federal government that does not want people working. Hundreds of thousands of new jobs could be created in Canada if it were not for the thousands of rules and regulations/red tape, paperwork, and business taxes that are foisted on those free enterprise people. Canada can be one great wealthy nation but it is going down the tubes even though the liars in the federal government and their lackey media will tell you all is great. Massive immigration is one of the main problems that is causing animal habitat loss. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 4:46 PM, taxme said:

If you do not want to see more highways built and more traffic using those highways and adding more truck diesel fumes and pollution into the air then we all must demand less immigration. If you are for more immigration than you are being an accomplice to those animal killings on our Canadian highways. It's just plain common sense and logic.

Not it is illogical. The problems being caused are done by everyone not just immigrants.

Edited by Rue

On 7/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

What is your solution to the problem you've outlined in your thread ?

I'm guessing that your home/neighborhood was once the home of a variety of wildlife.

Please be specific.

Use of existing technology to warn of wildlife on the road in the dark. Safer driving. Not feeding wildlife at the side of roads.  Watching migration routes and building safer roads with more signs. More recycling and use of glass instead of plastic and biodegradable materials.

Miracles don' t require Jesus just your common sense.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, Rue said:

Not it is illogical. The problems being caused are done by everyone not just immigrants.

Indeed, it is not all new immigrants that are responsible for animal deaths on the highways but by bringing in hundreds of thousand of more new immigrants every year into Canada that can only help and add to more animals being killed on all kinds of roadways. Logical. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, Rue said:

I think you should deport wildlife that migrates to Canada.

But you would want to feed and house them for awhile while they wait for their migrant hearing claims to be heard, right? Clothing will be optional. :D 

Edited by taxme

On 7/23/2019 at 2:45 PM, taxme said:

People have been around for thousands of years and we have built homes to live in to get out of bad weather. Have tigers done this yet? So far, no. Just saying. :D

Tigers do not need homes.  And as a result they do no damage to their ecosystem.  We do!  In this respect they were smarter than us!

But then speaking about homes, think about beavers - they can build homes and dams and bridges.  Think about insects for example - ants and bees and wasps; they can build homes and have colonies and have kings and queens - just like in Great Britain! Birds - same thing.  Think about salmon - they have no GPS units but always find their ways.

But none of those species is complacent as we are.  We think we are number one in the whole F. Universe!

The reality is we are primitive and do not understand how the world works.  Since we do not, it would be better to adopt a more humble attitude and show some care for the inferior species.

At the end of the day, whatever we come up with is a product of our brains, which again were given to us by something else.  we did not make those brains.  We cannot take 80kg of non-organic matter and turn it into a human or an animal of 80kg.  Only nature can do that.

.....just saying.....

• 3 weeks later...

Disagree with the third world comment. What matters at the end of the day is consumption. People in the third world consume and dispose far, far less than we do. In fact, when you figure the energy use/disposed it takes about 15 people that live in a manner similar to the pre-industrial era to equal the energy use and disposal of one modern Canadian. 

Also how would immigration change any of that? It would not. Immigrants are generally from industrialized nations (tribal peoples have no interest in our system of 9-5 and taxation. The BBC had a good documentary on that a long time ago. This 'primitive' described our system as 'hell' as they envisioned it.) so moving from one piece of land to another does not change the overall use of energy in/out much in a global sense. What matters is overall global output.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

The only thing that will help the Earth is a one child policy for all peoples, but, especially those industrial and beyond. 

• Like 1

Dom you will be accused of being part of the illumanati for your comments, i.e., population control because it will impact more on China, India and the third world thanIst world countries where birth rates continue to shrink.

Interestingly nature agrees with you, Because of the amount of plastics we have thrown out, the estrogen from the plastics is in fact lowering the sperm count of all humans to the point where reproduction of our species without artificial insemination may be a fact in the near future.