Steeling from Wildlife and killing them off

Whether there were humans in some parts of Canada, before the European settlers arrived or not, is more or less irrelevant to this topic.  For sure there were wild animals there, calling those places home.  There were animals and still there are animals in places untouched by humans.

But we advance on their land, invade their best feeding grounds, steeling their food - berries, salmon and even the herbivores (as food for carnivores); we destroy their homes - cutting down the forests they live in, we kill them for sport, food, accidentally or let them perish through our negligence.

They are very much like us - two eyes, two ears, four limbs, one nose and one mouth, same organs,  Most are considered cute.   But we, the idiots, cannot treat them with respect and like to call them stupid.  Some of us, like to show how macho they are by shooting them and posing with them in photo ops.  Those same hunters who do it, would have never had the intelligence to design a gun or figure out the components of gun powder, but they feel like they have achieved something when they've shot a grizzly with a powerful gun, powerful optics, GPS help, a helicopter to take them to the animal and all kinds of other advantages the technological progress can provide to them. 

There are few animals left, no way how we look at it.  But after invading their land and plonking a house where they used to live, we still expect a conservation officer to service our call and euthanize the offending animal that crossed the borders of our new property!

I tried to acquire a copy of the accident data between trains and animals in BC last month.  Both CP and CN refused to provide this information to me.  They stated they met their obligations to the Ministry of Environment.  I filed a FOI to get the info from them.  I was asked to pay $9,750 to get this info because much of the records were not in a database but on paper slips!

I was lucky to obtain the accident data for the BC highways last month.  Two days after I received the database I came across a recently killed black bear along HWY 113 in Northwest BC.  I decided to check what data I received from the Ministry.    Their database showed that between 1990 and today there was a total of 1 black bear, 2 moose and 1 rabbit killed along this highway!  No kidding!

If anyone thinks differently or not, I have to burst their bubble.  We live on the backs of those same animals / wildlife.  We take their food and space so our population can grow and they decline.  They have no voice because they speak no language.  They are doomed to die, because of us , the idiots.  We want things we do not really need at their expense.  We put our own survival in jeopardy by destroying the habitat, but our political leaders are too dumb to make a turn.

In the pictures below, one can see the bigotry of MOT.  'Driving with care"  for those 35 km after already driven 100 km in a similar "drive with care zone", of 4 lanes and incessant traffic - day and night by semi-s doing 120km/h.  If this is not enough, the railway runs in parallel to the highway. 

Lets not kid ourselves.  We have decided that all wildlife is expendable and has to die to give way to the growth of capitalism in Canada.

My second picture shows the poor dead black bear from last Saturday.  I should have taken a face shot t o show you the blood coming out of his nose - a small animal of only 60kg, caught at a bridge and run over by a common idiot doing 120km/h in a 80km/h zone.

It hurts me seeing this; a lot!

2019_Kamloops_109.jpg

2019_Kincolith-DeatBear.jpg

Edited by cougar
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, cougar said:

Whether there were humans in some parts of Canada, before the European settlers arrived or not, is more or less irrelevant to this topic.  For sure there were wild animals there, calling those places home.  There were animals and still there are animals in places untouched by humans.

But we advance on their land, invade their best feeding grounds, steeling their food - berries, salmon and even the herbivores (as food for carnivores); we destroy their homes - cutting down the forests they live in, we kill them for sport, food, accidentally or let them perish through our negligence.

They are very much like us - two eyes, two ears, four limbs, one nose and one mouth, same organs,  Most are considered cute.   But we, the idiots, cannot treat them with respect and like to call them stupid.  Some of us, like to show how macho they are by shooting them and posing with them in photo ops.  Those same hunters who do it, would have never had the intelligence to design a gun or figure out the components of gun powder, but they feel like they have achieved something when they've shot a grizzly with a powerful gun, powerful optics, GPS help, a helicopter to take them to the animal and all kinds of other advantages the technological progress can provide to them. 

There are few animals left, no way how we look at it.  But after invading their land and plonking a house where they used to live, we still expect a conservation officer to service our call and euthanize the offending animal that crossed the borders of our new property!

I tried to acquire a copy of the accident data between trains and animals in BC last month.  Both CP and CN refused to provide this information to me.  They stated they met their obligations to the Ministry of Environment.  I filed a FOI to get the info from them.  I was asked to pay $9,750 to get this info because much of the records were not in a database but on paper slips!

I was lucky to obtain the accident data for the BC highways last month.  Two days after I received the database I came across a recently killed black bear along HWY 113 in Northwest BC.  I decided to check what data I received from the Ministry.    Their database showed that between 1990 and today there was a total of 1 black bear, 2 moose and 1 rabbit killed along this highway!  No kidding!

If anyone thinks differently or not, I have to burst their bubble.  We live on the backs of those same animals / wildlife.  We take their food and space so our population can grow and they decline.  They have no voice because they speak no language.  They are doomed to die, because of us , the idiots.  We want things we do not really need at their expense.  We put our own survival in jeopardy by destroying the habitat, but our political leaders are too dumb to make a turn.

In the pictures below, one can see the bigotry of MOT.  'Driving with care"  for those 35 km after already driven 100 km in a similar "drive with care zone", of 4 lanes and incessant traffic - day and night by semi-s doing 120km/h.  If this is not enough, the railway runs in parallel to the highway. 

Lets not kid ourselves.  We have decided that all wildlife is expendable and has to die to give way to the growth of capitalism in Canada.

My second picture shows the poor dead black bear from last Saturday.  I should have taken a face shot t o show you the blood coming out of his nose - a small animal of only 60kg, caught at a bridge and run over by a common idiot doing 120km/h in a 80km/h zone.

It hurts me seeing this; a lot!

2019_Kamloops_109.jpg

2019_Kincolith-DeatBear.jpg

So, what the hell do you want all of us to do about this? Should everybody just pack up their belongings and leave the country? The killing will never end and the reason for that is that Canada has an immigration problem. There are just too many people immigrating to Canada and there are now too many people driving on the roads these days. 

Why is it that no one can see this writing on the wall that too much immigration is the real problem for just about all of our problems. More immigration means more animals will be killed. I cannot understand as to why some people seem to want to find any other excuse for what is happening to animals being killed when the answer is right in front of their bloody noses.

More new immigrants means more animals must die. It's that short, sweet, and simple. At least that is how I see things now. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, taxme said:

More new immigrants means more animals must die. It's that short, sweet, and simple. At least that is how I see things now. :)

I see things exactly the same way.  

What I want to see though is this being made public with all the bloodied animal noses 

shown in public    I want it in the face of all those screw ups of politicians!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A while back someone hilariously called me a racist. I said, "You're right, I AM a racist. I hate the human race. Except for certain individuals who have demonstrated they aren't completely self-centered, self-serving, self-absorbed twits that is".

Face it, humanity sucks. Everything we touch turns to shit, even when we try to do or think we're doing good. Look at medicine. It's been a wonder, miraculous at times even. We've cut way down in infant mortality rates around the world. We live longer lives. Death from a minor cut is pretty much unheard of.  On the surface this seems like a good thing, but it's costing us from both an economic and environmental perspective. If we're not encroaching on the wildlife, we're hacking down their habitats for our own domiciles. BUT, some wildlife actually does better in an urban environment than in the wild. Of course in many cities traffic would be a problem. But traffic aside, there are many animals that do better in cities. They tend to be smarter, better fed and thus healthier. Of course a lot of people would prefer NOT to have bears or cougars wandering around town either so...  But I get what you're saying. That's why I love seeing videos of people spontaneously rescuing a wild animal in distress. Hell, I've watched hunters free a deer tangled up in a wire fence.  Saw one of a guy coming home from a hunting trip and as he pulls up to his house there's a freakin' deer sleeping peacefully right smack under his living room window. Being a REAL hunter, he did not shoot it. 

When it comes to reduced speed limits in wild life corridors, you can bet your ass I only do the posted limit. Had a run-in with a moose once on the Trans-Canada in northern Ontario at 90Km/hr. Cops told me I was lucky to be alive. My car,...wasn't so lucky.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:11 AM, cougar said:

I see things exactly the same way.  

What I want to see though is this being made public with all the bloodied animal noses 

shown in public    I want it in the face of all those screw ups of politicians!

Then you need an attitude adjustment. This is not an immigrant problem.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:58 AM, Rue said:

Leave it to Taxme to blame Immigrants. Without a doubt the most stupid attempt to scapegoat immigrants yet for a problem he is  just as guilty of. 

Immigration is not the problem. It is the massive amounts of new immigrants that are being allowed to immigrate to Canada is the problem. Immigrants have become a big problem for Canada these days, especially those illegal criminal refugee ones who are here and sucking off me a Canadian taxpayer. The more immigration there is in Canada the more of an assault there will be on your precious animal wildlife. Something you seem to have a problem with trying to figure out. More social and medical services required. More infrastructure needed which means taking more land away from wildlife habitat. More garbage for our landfills. But trying to get some zionists here to get with the program is truly an exercise in futility. The lack of common sense and logic from these fools who are for more immigration is incredible. Canada has brought in millions of new immigrants in the past few years and unemployment is still around 2%. Well duh, eh? 

I am certainly not the guilty one here. It is your stupid politicians and the many stupid Canadians out there who seem to feel that more immigration is the answer to all of our woes. Our wildlife is in more danger than they ever were today thanks to the massive immigration policy that we have in Canada.  You need to start to think before you speak, if that is possible for you? 

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1

Listen, I read all the posts in this thread. I might like up a joint a take acid as this is some true hippie shit right here. Since when should we consider animals equal as humans, when it comes to consideration of their lives?

Despite all you read or watched on left wing media, the apocalypse isn't even close to happen.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:48 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

Since when should we consider animals equal as humans, when it comes to consideration of their lives?

Actually many of them are worth more than your life or my life.  But our stupid governments will not admit that and continue brainwashing us so people like you think animals are not equal.

There are a total of 3,500 tigers left in the world but there are 8 billion people.  If you want a fair value exchange of lives, the value of 1 tiger is worth the lives of 2,285,715 people like you.

And even this is not going to be fair, because when there are 2-3 tigers left , and they can no longer breed, there are still going to be 7 million people , enough to repopulate the whole World a few times over.

For most large species, life exchange rates to human lives will be similar - rhinos, elephants, whales, jaguars, giraffes.  For some they will be even worse. (I do not know if the ocappi is still among the living species on the Planet.

But your life may still be worth that of a rabbit or a mouse.

Edited by cougar

12 minutes ago, cougar said:

There are a total of 3,500 tigers left in the world but there are 8 billion people.  If you want a fair value exchange of lives, the value of 1 tiger is worth the lives of 2,285,715 people like you.

There are no dodos left.  Soon there will be no tigers left.  At least we have photos and videos of tigers.

I made another road trip last Saturday and came across another dead animal on the road.  This time a porcupine.  From the time I saw him being a bloody mass of meat to the time I returned to take a picture, some 6 hours later, the body of the porcupine was already gone, removed by scavengers.  But I found its head.  I wonder how animals eat a dead porcupine, considering the quills that can do substantial damage even to a grizzly.

There were moose in two spots that were staying on the road.  I do only 70km/h when I am in good wildlife habitat so those are safe with me.  Not so with other drivers.

I learned there are some 30 animal underpasses in BC.   Do you think we have too few, or too many?  How frequently should we build an underpass or an overpass on a road running in good wildlife habitat?

2019_Kincolith_63.jpg

2019_Kincolith_62.jpg

I was once driving in central Alberta, off road, to do with work, when I came across a site where the county puts any road kill they find.  Middle of summer too. 

It was surreal.

Edited by bcsapper

14 hours ago, cougar said:

Actually many of them are worth more than your life or my life. 

No they're not. They're animals. Maybe you have a special kind of relationship with animals though, who am I to judge. Maybe go take a hike with the Talibans and their goats, who knows?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Actually many of them are worth more than your life or my life.  But our stupid governments will not admit that and continue brainwashing us so people like you think animals are not equal.

And even this is not going to be fair, because when there are 2-3 tigers left , and they can no longer breed, there are still going to be 7 million people , enough to repopulate the whole World a few times over.

For most large species, life exchange rates to human lives will be similar - rhinos, elephants, whales, jaguars, giraffes.  For some they will be even worse. (I do not know if the ocappi is still among the living species on the Planet.

But your life may still be worth that of a rabbit or a mouse.

There are no more Sabre tooth tigers around anymore. Did the earth and life come to an end? Of course not. I will never miss any thing in life or will suffer from the extinction of tigers. Life will go on without them. Either animal lovers will have to demand less population growth in those countries that have tigers living in them or keep saying nothing about world population growth and maybe watch animals like tigers go extinct. We in the west are not responsible if the tiger goes extinct. It is the people living in the third world that are creating that problem. 

Most people in their life time will never get to see a tiger in the wild but yet most of them go crazy about trying to save them from going extinct. If an animal is about to go extinct in a country thousands of miles away from me, why should I worry my ass about it happening? I have no plans in the near future to go to India just to go see a tiger. Matter of fact I am on their dinner menu if they could get their teeth and claws into me. That is not something I would be looking forward too.  LOL. 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:48 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

Listen, I read all the posts in this thread. I might like up a joint a take acid as this is some true hippie shit right here. Since when should we consider animals equal as humans, when it comes to consideration of their lives?

Despite all you read or watched on left wing media, the apocalypse isn't even close to happen.

The left wing liberal media has no problem getting most people all riled up for nothing. Why? Because most people will believe most of the fake and phony libmedia bull chit that they like to create and spread. Only stunned and foolish people believe the left libmedia anymore. They are all fake news as my hero Trump calls them. :D

I made another road trip last Saturday and came across another dead animal on the road.  This time a porcupine.  From the time I saw him being a bloody mass of meat to the time I returned to take a picture, some 6 hours later, the body of the porcupine was already gone, removed by scavengers.  But I found its head.  I wonder how animals eat a dead porcupine, considering the quills that can do substantial damage even to a grizzly.

There were moose in two spots that were staying on the road.  I do only 70km/h when I am in good wildlife habitat so those are safe with me.  Not so with other drivers.

I learned there are some 30 animal underpasses in BC.   Do you think we have too few, or too many?  How frequently should we build an underpass or an overpass on a road running in good wildlife habitat?

2019_Kincolith_63.jpg

2019_Kincolith_62.jpg

It all depends on how much taxes that you want to keep spending for underpasses? The TCH is hundreds of miles long. How many underpasses will be needed to save all that wildlife out there? How many millions will it cost the taxpayer? 

5 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

No they're not. They're animals.

:D  And why is that????  Because you can talk and walk on two legs??? What exactly is your positive contribution to the environment? 

Don't strain your brains, I will answer this for you.  Your contribution is actually negative; not because you are stupid but because smarter people before you gave the humankind a huge technological advantage to all other forms of life.  You can now go shopping while someone is raping the environment on your behalf, you can take a flight putting pollution in the atmosphere to go to that exotic beach to look at those girls in their bikinis; drive your truck on the highways doing 120km'h and killing animals of all shapes and forms; you can type on a forum what you think that you think, jump on a dirt bike, a boat or a snowmobile and fart carbon in the atmosphere while feeling entitled.

But the bottom line is that the positives you can give in the form of processing food and producing food for the plants and insects to close the circle of life, is grossly outweighed by your toxic emissions.

You are not faster than a tiger, you are 100 or more times weaker, you do not have the endurance and will never survive in the wild a whole season without help, your eyes are not as good as his, you are smaller and inferior.  And no one will give a dime to see your head and skin stretched by a fireplace.  You are not worth a tiger's claw.   But in your own eyes and purely for yourself your life is way more important.

think at it from another perspective.  Universe is relatively endless, so there are endless opportunities that there are other species out there.  Species that can come over and take over the land the way we do.  And if they have your type of brain functions they will make pet food out of you; for their pets.    Because their lives will be infinitely more precious than yours.

33 minutes ago, cougar said:

:D  And why is that????  Because you can talk and walk on two legs??? What exactly is your positive contribution to the environment? 

Don't strain your brains, I will answer this for you.  Your contribution is actually negative; not because you are stupid but because smarter people before you gave the humankind a huge technological advantage to all other forms of life.  You can now go shopping while someone is raping the environment on your behalf, you can take a flight putting pollution in the atmosphere to go to that exotic beach to look at those girls in their bikinis; drive your truck on the highways doing 120km'h and killing animals of all shapes and forms; you can type on a forum what you think that you think, jump on a dirt bike, a boat or a snowmobile and fart carbon in the atmosphere while feeling entitled.

But the bottom line is that the positives you can give in the form of processing food and producing food for the plants and insects to close the circle of life, is grossly outweighed by your toxic emissions.

You are not faster than a tiger, you are 100 or more times weaker, you do not have the endurance and will never survive in the wild a whole season without help, your eyes are not as good as his, you are smaller and inferior.  And no one will give a dime to see your head and skin stretched by a fireplace.  You are not worth a tiger's claw.   But in your own eyes and purely for yourself your life is way more important.

think at it from another perspective.  Universe is relatively endless, so there are endless opportunities that there are other species out there.  Species that can come over and take over the land the way we do.  And if they have your type of brain functions they will make pet food out of you; for their pets.    Because their lives will be infinitely more precious than yours.

And eventually they will go extinct.  And the sun will go nova and there will be nothing left.

Don't knock yourself out over it.  This planet can't sustain 7-8 billion (and rising) people, and White Rhinos and Bengal Tigers.  Where would be get all our palm oil from if we didn't use their habitat?

It's not that we walk on two legs.  It's just that it's utterly inevitable, and in the end, meaningless.

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Where would be get all our palm oil from if we ddn't use their habitat?

I can see the Chinse being royally screwed without tiger balm, and all those special animal parts that are supposed to help Chinese men with their night life functions.    Probably this will eventually lead to a decline in the Chinese population.

1 minute ago, cougar said:

I can see the Chinse being royally screwed without tiger balm, and all those special animal parts that are supposed to help Chinese men with their night life functions.    Probably this will eventually lead to a decline in the Chinese population.

It probably won't, as they are just primitive, barbaric, superstitious, self centered bastards without a brain cell to share between them, but who knows, eh?

On 6/12/2019 at 10:16 PM, cougar said:

I made another road trip last Saturday and came across another dead animal on the road.  This time a porcupine.  From the time I saw him being a bloody mass of meat to the time I returned to take a picture, some 6 hours later, the body of the porcupine was already gone, removed by scavengers. 

The Department of Highways or one of their contractors remove 'road kill' . . . .

Up behind Hixon Falls south of Prince George is an abandoned gravel pit where the carcass's are dumped. From twilight to dawn you can listen to the wolves sing. Ravens there all day long. Animals get hit on roads . . . . predator/scavenger species have learned this and many travel the roads at night, and many are hit also.

With the Edgar Bergen / Charlie McCarthy duo forming the BC govt., and their uninformed cancellation of a highly controlled, sustainable G-bear hunt . . . . expect to see many more 'bear incidents' this year.  Wildlife decisions made to placate the many voting dummies walking around the lower mainland in their G-bear / wolf T-shirts. Wildlife biologist data thrown out with the trash. 

But you still refuse to acknowledge that there is just too much immigration and over population in the third world that is contributing to the problem of animals losing their habitat or being injured or killed by humans? If you want to save your precious animals from being killed then you have to take on those two problems that I mentioned above.

Why do you keep avoiding them? Just wondering? 

4 hours ago, taxme said:

But you still refuse to acknowledge that there is just too much immigration and over population in the third world that is contributing to the problem of animals losing their habitat or being injured or killed by humans?

I actually agreed with you on immigration in my second post above and gave you a like.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 1:19 AM, Armchairprophet said:

A while back someone hilariously called me a racist. I said, "You're right, I AM a racist. I hate the human race. Except for certain individuals who have demonstrated they aren't completely self-centered, self-serving, self-absorbed twits that is".

Face it, humanity sucks. Everything we touch turns to shit, even when we try to do or think we're doing good. Look at medicine. It's been a wonder, miraculous at times even. We've cut way down in infant mortality rates around the world. We live longer lives. Death from a minor cut is pretty much unheard of.  On the surface this seems like a good thing, but it's costing us from both an economic and environmental perspective. If we're not encroaching on the wildlife, we're hacking down their habitats for our own domiciles. BUT, some wildlife actually does better in an urban environment than in the wild. Of course in many cities traffic would be a problem. But traffic aside, there are many animals that do better in cities. They tend to be smarter, better fed and thus healthier. Of course a lot of people would prefer NOT to have bears or cougars wandering around town either so...  But I get what you're saying. That's why I love seeing videos of people spontaneously rescuing a wild animal in distress. Hell, I've watched hunters free a deer tangled up in a wire fence.  Saw one of a guy coming home from a hunting trip and as he pulls up to his house there's a freakin' deer sleeping peacefully right smack under his living room window. Being a REAL hunter, he did not shoot it. 

When it comes to reduced speed limits in wild life corridors, you can bet your ass I only do the posted limit. Had a run-in with a moose once on the Trans-Canada in northern Ontario at 90Km/hr. Cops told me I was lucky to be alive. My car,...wasn't so lucky.

Come on now? Not everything we humans touch turns to shit. Humans have done plenty of good for mankind's health and well being. The only things that end up turning to shit are the things that the globalist zionist AIPAC elites get involved with that turns to shit. It's not we the people that is screwing up anything. It is those aholes mentioned. Just saying.  :(