What happens in America happens to the rest of the world.

IMO it's just backlash to political "correctness" from the left, AKA divisive bullshit.

I'm so sick of seeing revisionist-history morons pontificating about slavery, white privilege, systemic racism, the "really bad Crusades", "islamophobia", misogyny, "homophobia", etc, the last thing I'd ever do is vote for PM navel-gazer and his everyone-over-Canadians philosophy.

My family fought in wars, worked in coal mines, built bridges, they were homesteaders on the prairies, and their contributions to society and the world in general totally dwarf anything that they ever received for free from the government, and they sure as hell never owned any slaves. I feel zero "white guilt" - all humans in general are guilty as sin. The worst thing that can ever happen to you is for another human to have absolute power over you. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I feel zero "white guilt"

A lot of white guilt is simply a reluctance to being on the hook for jurisdictional responsibility.  It's not you personally that's guilty its just your government - whatever the emotional response it should be as easy to shed as water off a duck's back.

Justice has usually evolved slowly over hundreds of years but like technology and advancement the pace has picked up.  Why get all bent out of shape over it?

- all humans in general are guilty as sin.

Didn't you learn in Kindergarten that two wrongs don't make a right?

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

A lot of white guilt is simply a reluctance to being on the hook for jurisdictional responsibility.  It's not you personally that's guilty its just your government - whatever the emotional response it should be as easy to shed as water off a duck's back.

Justice has usually evolved slowly over hundreds of years but like technology and advancement the pace has picked up.  Why get all bent out of shape over it

There is no "white" guilt. The concept is 50% racist and 50% stupid. 

If all white people voted on war and expansion/colonization or whatever you want to call it, and invented it, then there would be white guilt.

People did what they did, that's it.

Do you see people of spanish descent in Mexico feeling Spanish guilt? People of Portuguese descent in Brazil feeling Potuguese guilt? Muslims in India feeling muslim guilt? No? So if their skin blends in there's no guilt?

I never said that concept was being applied here.

People all did the exact same things all over the world regardless of what race they were. To say that white people should feel a higher level of guilt than anyone else is racist/moronic.

46 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. There is no "white" guilt. The concept is 50% racist and 50% stupid. 

2. If all white people voted on war and expansion/colonization or whatever you want to call it, and invented it, then there would be white guilt.

3. People did what they did, that's it.

4. Do you see people of spanish descent in Mexico feeling Spanish guilt? People of Portuguese descent in Brazil feeling Potuguese guilt? Muslims in India feeling muslim guilt? No? So if their skin blends in there's no guilt?

5. I never said that concept was being applied here.

6. People all did the exact same things all over the world regardless of what race they were. To say that white people should feel a higher level of guilt than anyone else is racist/moronic.

1. There is national responsibility. The concept is humanitarian often constitutional and increasingly legal.

2. That sounds logical, however unlikely.

3. And now people establish truth, reconciliation and reparation.  That's it.

4. I don't see guilt but I do see this List of truth and reconciliation commissions

5. Yet you applied it anyway.

6. And here you are applying it again.

Did I say anyone should feel guilty btw?  No, just accountable. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

1. There is national responsibility. The concept is humanitarian often constitutional and increasingly legal.

2. That sounds logical, however unlikely.

3. And now people establish truth, reconciliation and reparation.  That's it.

4. I don't see guilt but I do see this List of truth and reconciliation commissions

5. Yet you applied it anyway.

6. And here you are applying it again.

Did I say anyone should feel guilty btw?  No, just accountable. 

1) It's a kindness. Other nations should do it too. No one else does.

2) Of course it's logical if I said it

3) which people, re: what?

4) That list is pretty tiny compared to all the things that happened in the world over the centuries, don't ya think? I don't see Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, China, Japan, and a whole lot of other countries on that list. 

5 & 6) I never said that any odd or even number of wrongs make anything that people did right. Just normal. And who has been gracious enough to become accountable of their own free will eyeball? I'd like to see your list. The Turks still deny an entire genocide of over 1M people that happened not so long ago. In Pakistan their government still kills people just for talking about other religions. Entire countries full of people are still pure shit, almost down to the last man. I think we're doing pretty terrific here. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, eyeball said:

When I ask the question "If the USA is evil, why hasn't the world stopped it", one of the responses I get is "because the world is evil too" and some Canadians say the same thing about Canada. I'm going to use that argument against them now.