The road to 2020

So who is likely to be fired Wednesday morning?

Regardless of whether he wins or loses, he's certain to fire Fauci. He is apparently determined to fire the directors of the CIA and FBI because they keep ignoring his repeated messages that Russia isn't doing anything to interfere in the US election and that there is massive voter fraud and telling congress otherwise. Also apparently on the chopping block are Defense Secretary Mark Esper and chief of defense staff Mark Milley because they apologized for the military clearing peaceful protesters out so Trump could walk to a church he's never been to and hold up a bible he's never read for a photo op.

Biden is as dirty a politician as you can get. Over 40 years in politics and he achieved nothing for the people. He's a shill for lobbyists. That's usually the case for majority of lifelong politicians. They're in it for themselves. Biden is another Clinton. 

On the other side, you have Trump. He is certainly different than the usual politician. But he is corrupt in his own way. He has business deals with corrupt governments. He has family involved in many of these. He has used his position to leverage these business deals.

The sad and pathetic thing in front of us are the cheerleaders on both sides. They somehow turn a blind eye to the corruption on the side they're cheering for.

2 hours ago, marcus said:

Biden is as dirty a politician as you can get. Over 40 years in politics and he achieved nothing for the people. He's a shill for lobbyists. That's usually the case for majority of lifelong politicians. They're in it for themselves. Biden is another Clinton. 

On the other side, you have Trump. He is certainly different than the usual politician. But he is corrupt in his own way. He has business deals with corrupt governments. He has family involved in many of these. He has used his position to leverage these business deals.

The sad and pathetic thing in front of us are the cheerleaders on both sides. They somehow turn a blind eye to the corruption on the side they're cheering for.

When you haver to make a choice between the bad and worse the sensible option is baddy Biden.

The corporates are behind Trump and the Brits tacitly want him on a second term since his views on Brexit is more favourable with BoJo....

26 minutes ago, kactus said:

When you haver to make a choice between the bad and worse the sensible option is baddy Biden.

Joe Biden wasn't the sensible choice two times in the past, and he cannot escape from a much longer record in the "swamp" than Trump's brief stint as a politician.

That the race is even close in swing states speaks volumes about Joe Biden.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boges said:

Trumpers keep talking about a silent majority, yet their only evidence of support is a loud minority. 

More 2/3 of the vote has already been recorded from 2016. 

If that doesn't indicate a level of enthusiasm that eclipses 2016, I'm not sure what does. 

It indicates something. But are you sure that those votes are for democrats, and not just a random mix of people scared to vote in person? How do you know?

50 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It indicates something. But are you sure that those votes are for democrats, and not just a random mix of people scared to vote in person? How do you know?

Democrats encouraged their voters to vote early or by mail.  So they did.  It doesn’t mean anything than that right now.  They may have just cannibalized their vote on Election Day. 

12 minutes ago, Shady said:

Democrats encouraged their voters to vote early or by mail.  So they did.  It doesn’t mean anything than that right now.  They may have just cannibalized their vote on Election Day. 

As long as they are all counted, what does it matter?

Cannibalized?  How do you mean?

23 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

As long as they are all counted, what does it matter?

Cannibalized?  How do you mean?

I mean that they’re just shifting their votes from Election Day to days before. It doesn’t necessarily mean more voters.  That remains to be seen.

11 minutes ago, Shady said:

I mean that they’re just shifting their votes from Election Day to days before. It doesn’t necessarily mean more voters.  That remains to be seen.

The media is talking about a record turnout.  Most in a century, it seems. 

That said, the number touted is still less than 70% of the total number of eligible voters. I find that so hard to understand.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why ?    Is turnout much higher in other nations ?

I don't know.  I'm just talking about this election, because I've never seen one where emotions ran so high.  I just can't imagine an American staying on the couch.

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't know.  I'm just talking about this election, because I've never seen one where emotions ran so high.  I just can't imagine an American staying on the couch.

A lot of that is media hype.   There was a lot of emotion for the first Ali-Frazier fight too, but few actually placed a bet.    Campaigning for the 2022 midterms and 2024 election starts in a very short time.

Some Americans purposely refuse to participate in elections that just perpetuate the same BS in federal and local politics, regardless of the candidates.

We had fun with it in 1998...voted for and elected Jesse "The Body" Ventura.   A big finger to the Democrats and Republicans.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

A lot of that is media hype.   There was a lot of emotion for the first Ali-Frazier fight too, but few actually placed a bet.    Campaigning for the 2024 election starts in a very short time.

Some Americans purposely refuse to participate in elections that just perpetuate the same BS in federal and local politics, regardless of the candidates.

We had fun with it in 1998...voted for and elected Jesse "The Body" Ventura.   A big finger to the Democrats and Republicans.

I'll have to differ from you on that.  I don't think the current situation compares with anything I've seen.

Your President is suggesting violence in the streets if votes are counted in Pennsylvania as per the Supreme Court decision that went against him.  His court, too.

I think that kind of thing is worth making an effort for.

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'll have to differ from you on that.  I don't think the current situation compares with anything I've seen.

Your President is suggesting violence in the streets if votes are counted in Pennsylvania as per the Supreme Court decision that went against him.  His court, too.

I think that kind of thing is worth making an effort for.

What...so all of the sudden you are taking what Trump says to heart as Gospel ?

And how much have you seen ?    Were you alive in 1968 ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004