The road to 2020

Welp, there are a bunch of crap candidates current and coming up. 

There is one I really want to hand the keys to the Whitehouse and that would be Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii. She is a well thought out speaker and can answer very difficult questions. I can't see any other candidate that has as much substance as her.

I do not want another round of Trump, and we really don't need Creepy Uncle Joe Biden hair sniffing things going on there.  Sanders is my next choice, but I am sure the DNC will work against him again.

Gabbard seems to be the best hope the USA has had in decades.

• Like 2

I don't mind Gabbard, but she's probably considered too young to be a serious candidate.  Biden is so-so.  The rest of the field is kind of a disaster.  Bernie Sanders is an economic illiterate.  So is Elizabeth Warren.  I'd rather not see Trump, but not at the expense of having one of them.  

1 hour ago, Shady said:

I don't mind Gabbard, but she's probably considered too young to be a serious candidate.  Biden is so-so.  The rest of the field is kind of a disaster.  Bernie Sanders is an economic illiterate.  So is Elizabeth Warren.  I'd rather not see Trump, but not at the expense of having one of them.  

So essentially anyone else is better than Trump, but you'd rather not have one of those others listed above? That does not make sense to me at all.

53 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

So essentially anyone else is better than Trump, but you'd rather not have one of those others listed above? That does not make sense to me at all.

No, not everyone is better, but some are.  Not many when it comes to policy.  Everyone is better when it comes to temperament.  But policy is more important.

The only Democrats who might be better than Trump have no chance of winning the Democrat nomination. So you're stuck with Trump due to lack of competition, brace yourselves now, and enough of the putting high hopes on pipe dreams. Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The only Democrats who might be better than Trump have no chance of winning the Democrat nomination. So you're stuck with Trump due to lack of competition, brace yourselves now, and enough of the putting high hopes on pipe dreams. Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

Well this is true.  If the Dems cannot put someone forth that is a powerhouse, we'll get another 4 years of Trump, if these current talks of impeachment drop off.

19 hours ago, GostHacked said:

"I'd rather not see Trump" isn't the same as "essentially anyone is better than Trump."

The Dems are throwing out crap candidates for a reason. They're by and large a bunch of morons. 

They throw around platitudes like they're trying to put out a fire, and they manage to suck in the casual observers, but on policy they're weak and stupid.

Honestly they go after Trump like he's the devil, but they just gush about Obama. It's like they completely missed what happened in the past 11 years.

Obama inherited an Iraq that was stable, and Syria was solid. Obama pulled out all the Americans from Iraq, and just left a bunch of tanks, artillery, mortars etc, which essentially  armed islamic state. The middle east turned to absolute crap. It was still getting worse when he left. Trump inherited that and put a hasty end to it. Do Dems honestly talk about Obama's abysmal failure and Trump's success? Nope. 

They're crap, top to bottom.

"Walls are racist" lol. Spare me.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The Dems are throwing out crap candidates for a reason. They're by and large a bunch of morons. 

They throw around platitudes like they're trying to put out a fire, and they manage to suck in the casual observers, but on policy they're weak and stupid.

Honestly they go after Trump like he's the devil, but they just gush about Obama. It's like they completely missed what happened in the past 11 years.

Obama inherited an Iraq that was stable, and Syria was solid. Obama pulled out all the Americans from Iraq, and just left a bunch of tanks, artillery, mortars etc, which essentially  armed islamic state. The middle east turned to absolute crap. It was still getting worse when he left. Trump inherited that and put a hasty end to it. Do Dems honestly talk about Obama's abysmal failure and Trump's success? Nope. 

They're crap, top to bottom.

"Walls are racist" lol. Spare me.

I'd rather talk about the potential candidates and what they say and stand for.

12 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I'd rather talk about the potential candidates and what they say and stand for.

All candidates but biden are busy to revamp / reboot / rebuild their campaigns and are trying to out-left each other. I think they are all standing for more air-time. Unlike others, I think dems have a better chance to win than in 2016. It will be a close race.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, egghead said:

All candidates but biden are busy to revamp / reboot / rebuild their campaigns and are trying to out-left each other. I think they are all standing for more air-time. Unlike others, I think dems have a better chance to win than in 2016. It will be a close race.

They are all full of negative attacks and idealistic nonsense for the most part. 

I think that Sen Warren is campaigning that she chugs brewskies in the Kitchen and O'Rourke goes to the dentist?

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They are all full of negative attacks and idealistic nonsense for the most part. 

I think that Sen Warren is campaigning that she chugs brewskies in the Kitchen and O'Rourke goes to the dentist?

Beto rebooted his campagning already, and he went to a barber shop and to the View instead (haha, downgraded from dentist and vanity fair). 

AOC, Sanders and  Omar are killing the Dems :wacko:

2 hours ago, egghead said:

Beto rebooted his campagning already, and he went to a barber shop and to the View instead (haha, downgraded from dentist and vanity fair). 

AOC, Sanders and  Omar are killing the Dems :wacko:

They SHOULD BE killing the Dems, but the Dems' base is so well-indoctrinated and so moronic that it's just barely making a dent lol.

8 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Well this is true.  If the Dems cannot put someone forth that is a powerhouse, we'll get another 4 years of Trump, if these current talks of impeachment drop off.

Impeach away, it will just make Trump stronger, just like it made Clinton stronger. Trump won't be out of the White House until 2025, health permitting.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Personally I think a Sanders/Gabbard would be the combination the USA needs to turn itself around. Health care for all, reducing tuition fees, getting out of stupid wars. I've been watching Gabbard for some months now, and I am impressed with the substance that woman carries.  Sure she has made mistakes but nothing remotely compared to what we've seen from the last 5 Presidents.

Beto is a non starter (regardless of him starting several times)

Butigege? Nothing there

Biden? Well as long as he gets permission to touch them.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Personally I think a Sanders/Gabbard would be the combination the USA needs to turn itself around. Health care for all, reducing tuition fees, getting out of stupid wars. I've been watching Gabbard for some months now, and I am impressed with the substance that woman carries.  Sure she has made mistakes but nothing remotely compared to what we've seen from the last 5 Presidents.

Beto is a non starter (regardless of him starting several times)

Butigege? Nothing there

Biden? Well as long as he gets permission to touch them.

ya, turn USA to be a doormat instead of powerhouse.  Beto, Butigete, Biden and others are clueless. 

I haven't seen anyone in the list yet that could be a credible threat to Trump. Why do you not want more Trump, when the nation is doing very well by most indications. Also it's reassuring that so far, Trump has more or less kept the peace. He has threatened war but seems more keen on making a deal than dropping bombs.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I haven't seen anyone in the list yet that could be a credible threat to Trump. Why do you not want more Trump, when the nation is doing very well by most indications. Also it's reassuring that so far, Trump has more or less kept the peace. He has threatened war but seems more keen on making a deal than dropping bombs.

Keen on making deals?  And what about all the deals Trump has broken?

Paris climate agreement

Iran nuclear deal

TPP

NAFTA

UNESCO

UNHRC

He's mused about pulling out of NATO.  No doubt there's more to come and probably a few missing from the list above.

52 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Crazy.  "So what if he threatens to nuke people ?  He hasn't done it... yet"  So when he nukes people you will probably also say "we didn't have a clue he would do this !"

Is it me or does it feel like the ultra-deficit, permanently low interest rates and monumental debt will come crashing at some point ?  Maybe in 2021 ?  With a Democratic president who would get blamed for it ?

Also - I don't know if Trump would win but let's also acknowledge that his approval ratings are abysmal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Crazy.  "So what if he threatens to nuke people ?  He hasn't done it... yet"  So when he nukes people you will probably also say "we didn't have a clue he would do this !"

Is it me or does it feel like the ultra-deficit, permanently low interest rates and monumental debt will come crashing at some point ?  Maybe in 2021 ?  With a Democratic president who would get blamed for it ?

Also - I don't know if Trump would win but let's also acknowledge that his approval ratings are abysmal.

Extending it to craziness is always crazy. If you mean threatened to nuke NK, is there any circumstance at all in which you think it would be appropriate to make that threat? Or is it just out, no matter what.

Don't know enough about economics to answer your what-ifs, but I suggest not to lose sleep over it. Count the good things you have. Prosperity good, increased production good, low unemployment good. Consumer confidence go up? Good.

Don't know what his ratings are now, but I thought someone said they were at the highest ever. The man cannot be stopped. No matter how many times you bash him down, he gets up again and comes back even stronger.

Edited by OftenWrong