Will Justin Trudeau resign?

Will Justin Trudeau resign?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

All pols do that. The NDP are particularly notorious for it. But that is different from courting racists and homophobes: https://nowtoronto.com/news/alberta-election-2019-jason-kenney-racism-islamophobia-homophobia/

It's probably not their fault that conservative politicians attract these sorts of losers to their side of the political divide. I think it says more about the nature of the losers.

Its a bit of mystery why homophobes are attracted to Kenney though.  What's up with that anyway?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's probably not their fault that conservative politicians attract these sorts of losers to their side of the political divide. I think it says more about the nature of the losers.

Its a bit of mystery why homophobes are attracted to Kenney though.  What's up with that anyway?

Birds of a feather of course. The Reform Party has always been a party of exclusion because of its fundamentalist pinnings. 

Not a chance Trudeau will resign.  He is so self-delusional that he has convinced himself his moral integrity is unmatched, and literally everyone else is "experiencing it differently".  One only has to look at the interview he gave in the NYT last week when asked why he would not apologize to Jody Wilson-Raybould, a key quote completely reveals the level of his total narcissistic arrogance...

“There was a disagreement in perspective that was real and genuine,” he said. “I regret that it all happened. But there can’t be an apology, there can’t be a genuine apology, when I genuinely do not think that in that disagreement she was right and I was wrong.”

Then when asked of his anticipation of the upcoming election campaign, Trudeau responds with:

It’s going to be a fun year. Simple rule of politics: Whoever is actually having more fun, Canadians respond to better. We’re doing good things, we’re actually having fun. We went through these more difficult moments, and as a team and party we managed to stay positive.

I’m happy about coming to work every day. I’m excited about the challenges we face. This is what democracy is supposed to be: a contrast of ideas and a choice between different visions for this country. And with what we’ve been able to achieve and what we’re continuing to stay focused on, despite some noise.

No way a guy this completely out of touch with reality would even think of stepping aside, he would rather throw everyone else around him under the bus...and then blame Harper.

Edited by Spiderfish
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, egghead said:

Why will he resign? There is no pt in this action :rolleyes:

Despite the fact that the Liberals chose Trudeau to be the party poster boy during the last election, and despite the fact that he currently pretty much constitutes the total sum of the Liberal party identity at this moment.....he is in actual reality not the total sum of the Liberal party, only the leader.  

Two years ago Trudeau announced as part of proposed changes to House Rules, that he would be in Question Period for 45 minutes every Wednesday to answer every question posed to him.  despite this, he was suspiciously absent for the two Wednesdays proceeding the Stay of charges against Adm. Mark Norman.  Some suspect that he was just to chicken to face the music, however there were rumblings that he was actually told to stay away from QP by members of his own party, since he has personally tarnished the Liberal brand so badly, and his presence merely inflicts more damage to the party.

Some people jump, some people are pushed, and some have moral integrity and choose to step aside to preserve the greater good.  Trudeau won't jump, and he has certainly demonstrated he is positively devoid of any morals or integrity....the only way the Liberal party rids itself of the Trudeau stench is to give him a shove.  It's doubtful that will happen this close to October.  Trudeau's in it for the long haul.

Edited by Spiderfish

On 5/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, Realitycheck said:

Just because you disagree doesn't make me wrong or you right. Scheer is a religious white racist as is most of his base. He is a US style Repugnican with all the warts and pus that carries with it. See how the Repugs have ruined the US and attacked human and civil rights and ask yourself if you want to open that door when you know what is behind it? PM Milquetoast is a national disaster to be certain. Scheer and he merry band of religious nutbars will be worse.

Is that you Justin.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, Spiderfish said:

Not a chance Trudeau will resign.  He is so self-delusional that he has convinced himself his moral integrity is unmatched, and literally everyone else is "experiencing it differently".  One only has to look at the interview he gave in the NYT last week when asked why he would not apologize to Jody Wilson-Raybould, a key quote completely reveals the level of his total narcissistic arrogance...

Then when asked of his anticipation of the upcoming election campaign, Trudeau responds with:

No way a guy this completely out of touch with reality would even think of stepping aside, he would rather throw everyone else around him under the bus...and then blame Harper.

Of course he is having fun, Travelling the world while spending others people's money.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, Realitycheck said:

PM Milquetoast is a national disaster to be certain.

6 hours ago, PIK said:

Is that you Justin.

Why do lefties insist on being adamantly oblivious to the fact that most lefties can't stand Trudeau any more than they do?  It's another indication of how the right wing refuses to abide anything at all that implies an agreement with a lefty - even a shared sentiment is too much.  Its ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

He's made changes to this country . . . . have you ever seen the west as pissed-off as it is now?

Its taken a good couple of decades to build up this head of steam - maybe its just the pig giving the python indigestion.

45 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

He's made changes to this country . . . . have you ever seen the west as pissed-off as it is now?

No.  Wait ... yes.  When Trudeau Sr. was PM.  And when Chretien was PM and said Alberta was different they collectively shat their pants in a great Western fart heard coast to coast.   Oh, and when they made the Reform Party and those guys said would never take a government pension.  Of course they did but the West didn't get mad at that come to think of it.

They get mad at Toronto but when the Raptors make it to the final everybody calls it "Canada's Team".  I guess they live above a lot of oil, so that makes them smart.  Doesn't matter that they sell it to American companies to take it out of the ground.

Trudeau just spent billions of dollars to buy the pipeline and keep things rolling but they still hate him.  

Alberta's pissed off ?  Ok, well nothing new there.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No.  Wait ... yes.  When Trudeau Sr. was PM.  And when Chretien was PM and said Alberta was different they collectively shat their pants in a great Western fart heard coast to coast.   Oh, and when they made the Reform Party and those guys said would never take a government pension.  Of course they did but the West didn't get mad at that come to think of it.

They get mad at Toronto but when the Raptors make it to the final everybody calls it "Canada's Team".  I guess they live above a lot of oil, so that makes them smart.  Doesn't matter that they sell it to American companies to take it out of the ground.

Trudeau just spent billions of dollars to buy the pipeline and keep things rolling but they still hate him.  

Where do you come up with this stuff . . . ?

Please proof-read.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I agree that Trudeau is being unfairly vilified on pipelines.  He has tried to walk a line between climate action and oil sands production.  I’m afraid we’re in for a more polarized debate now that the Liberals have lost favour with the puritanically politically correct.  The Conservatives are going all in against the carbon tax and in support of Trump’s trade war on China, to an extent that looks like blatant collaboration, yet I think many Canadians, given the current populism internationally and seeing how poorly treated Trudeau was on trade and human rights, may figure it’s a better bet than having another Liberal government.  I don’t like the direction of world affairs.  It’s the US-China shit show and we’re caught in the crossfire.  We’re also feeling the migration heat from geopolitical messes in the Middle East and climate change.  We’re having to play a long tactical game because these world conditions aren’t shifting fast enough.  Another four years of Trump will only extend the atmosphere of fear and protectionism.  

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2019/05/28/liberal-insiders-looking-at-mark-carney-as-trudeaus-successor.html

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s leadership has not emerged unscathed from his trouble-plagued pre-election season.

With a possible Liberal defeat this fall in mind, some insiders are already strategizing a path to the party leadership for former Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney.

4 hours ago, August1991 said:

... for former Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney.

From The Honeymooners ?  What the ?  

No - you have a single face of intelligence known to the people right now and that is the public facing part of Chrystia Freeland.  Well-educated, and with a career in journalism this person blows away the ridiculous scions and lawyer boys heading the Libs, NDP and Conservatives now.  Also she negotiated NAFTA so she knows very well the art of the possible.  I hope a Scheer minority happens, followed by a fed-up Trudeau resigning followed by her nomination.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:11 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

Yes, as a matter of fact.  It was the case when olf Fuddle-Duddle himself asked why he should sell our wheat.

I am doing a project on a remote, very union site in Western Canada this month.  I was a bit surprised when our crane driver finished his day and put his street clothes on, topped by a hat with boldly embroidered FxCK TRUDEAU written across the front.  When he has pissed off the union guys so much, no surprise at all that the rest of Western Canada is a lot further down that road.

Edited by cannuck

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

When he has pissed off the union guys so much, no surprise at all that the rest of Western Canada is a lot further down that road.

What really pisses me off about Trudeau is how right-wing he is - far FAR to interested in the unequal distribution of power for my liking at all.  Given how the wealth gap also grew on his watch and how Canadian weapons are still flowing to our allies in Saudi Arabia, another overtly right-wing government, its a mystery why conservatives are so down on him.

Just not right-wing enough for some people I guess.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:26 AM, Michael Hardner said:

From The Honeymooners ?  What the ?  

No - you have a single face of intelligence known to the people right now and that is the public facing part of Chrystia Freeland.  Well-educated, and with a career in journalism this person blows away the ridiculous scions and lawyer boys heading the Libs, NDP and Conservatives now.  Also she negotiated NAFTA so she knows very well the art of the possible.  I hope a Scheer minority happens, followed by a fed-up Trudeau resigning followed by her nomination.

The Toronto Star, Chantal Hebert - it is hard to find more federal Liberal.

====

Yet, "Canada" - this civilised place - is far more than her or the Toronto Star.

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

What really pisses me off about Trudeau is how right-wing he is

I am more than a little amused by THAT presumption!!!!!!!!   Trudeau is simply a complete idiot.  I don't think he has any idea at all what the politics of the right or the left are, he just draws from either as it suits his perception of the PCLL should be.  His habit of following traditional Liberal corrupt practices of being directed by and protection of the backroom boys from Power Corp, SNC, Irving, etc. is just the structure left in place by others.  He is too stupid to realize it is not even vaguely legal (and we as a nation are too stupid to realize it should be and can be prosecuted), and it sure as hell is not there to serve any "right wing" political agenda.