Mark Norman Case.

What a great victory for the Vice-Admiral!  Best move he made was to hire Marie - if anyone could bring this case to an end it would be her.  However, weenies that they are, the Crown did not 'drop' the charges today.  They 'stayed' them which means they have an entire year in which to decide whether to exonerate Mark Norman completely or bring forth actual, factual evidence against him.  After listening to a couple of lawyers comments on this today, there is zero chance that they will proceed with the case especially as they have dragged their feet on submitting the necessary documents Marie requested - over 6 months ago.

Personally, I am really happy that the Vice-Admiral has been vindicated but the drawback is that Canadians may never know the truth behind the false allegations or just how much political interference there was in this case.

• Like 2

Once this is all over I hope he his properly compensated for all that has been done to him, much like the convicted terrorist Omar was, naa the Admiral was not a convicted terrorist, liberals only like terrorists........... plus I hope he takes legal action against some of those involved, starting with Justin and ending with the current CDS who did nothing but throw him under the bus.  

• Like 3

As Liberal Warren Kinsella says:

Warren KinsellaVerified account @kinsellawarren

Warren Kinsella Retweeted National Post

These bastards bankrupted this man, tried to destroy him, and now are abandoning their show trial - because they realized they are the ones who were going to get destroyed. They’re the scum of the Earth. #cdnpoli

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The Liberals are pure scum, top to bottom

No, Liberals are hypocrites and corrupt. Socilalist Credit( aka communist aka reform aka Canadian Alliance aka CPC) are scum. They ripped off BC for decades under the bolshevik WAC Bennett.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, Liberals are hypocrites and corrupt. Socilalist Credit( aka communist aka reform aka Canadian Alliance aka CPC) are scum. They ripped off BC for decades under the bolshevik WAC Bennett.

You are just confused 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

From the article above:

“If your political party has been caught obstructing justice — as the political party led by Justin Trudeau assuredly was, in the SNC-Lavalin scandal — what’s the one thing you need to avoid, at all costs?

Getting caught obstructing justice again, of course.

And that’s what the Trudeau regime’s prosecution of Vice-Admiral Mark Norman would have exposed: Senior Trudeau government officials, implicated in a scheme to use the criminal justice system to punish an alleged whistleblower. In this case, the second-highest-ranking officer in the Canadian Forces.”

The Liberals are pure scum, top to bottom. It’s bad enough that they need to move shipbuilding contracts to their SNC-type buddies, but they were actively destroying a man’s life to punish him for exposing their corruption and greed.

Lmao at all the SJW types who think of the Liberals as knights in shining armor for everyday Canadians. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I found it also interesting their star military candidate who they never appointed Defence Minister of even Veteran Affairs Minister Andrew Leslie is not running again and was going to testify on behalf of the Vice Admiral. W

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rue said:

I found it also interesting their star military candidate who they never appointed Defence Minister of even Veteran Affairs Minister Andrew Leslie is not running again and was going to testify on behalf of the Vice Admiral. W

I wonder if that was the last straw for the Liberals, Leslie actually hugged Norman afterwards.    

Apparently Marie Henein has said that  PMO/PCO were "counselling witnesses as to what they could and could not say."

Kinsella nails it  which has me wondering if Kinsella is still actually a Liberal or is it just this crop of Trudeau Liberals he hates..

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-trudeau-government-trying-to-cover-its-tracks

• Like 1

Well we know why the Liberals bailed. A trial would have shown  the Liberal government has hidden documents from Norman and the courts-to be specific , suppressed and continue to suppress  evidence that would have been used to  exonerate the admiral and show the move to Irving shipyards was purely political in motivation and lacked merit.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I dunno if it's true or not because I never bothered to look it up, but I heard from a couple different people that they were famous for going around and buying up real estate before the province announced where big roads, etc were going in. Could just be urban myth. A lot of people hated him.

3 hours ago, Rue said:

One of many rats deserting that sinking ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

I wonder if that was the last straw for the Liberals, Leslie actually hugged Norman afterwards.    

Apparently Marie Henein has said that  PMO/PCO were "counselling witnesses as to what they could and could not say."

Kinsella nails it  which has me wondering if Kinsella is still actually a Liberal or is it just this crop of Trudeau Liberals he hates..

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-trudeau-government-trying-to-cover-its-tracks

From the article:

Justin Trudeau — who, angelic visage notwithstanding, is a vengeful and petty little man — went after Norman, viciously

Was he really a liberal before or just a bit gay? lol, jk.

Kudos to him if he is a Lib but he's still got the decency to recognize the current group for what they are.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I dunno if it's true or not because I never bothered to look it up, but I heard from a couple different people that they were famous for going around and buying up real estate before the province announced where big roads, etc were going in. Could just be urban myth. A lot of people hated him.

They even wrote songs about it. Rolf Harris "There were two wild Kelowna boys and Bennett was their name..."

Back to the topic, I get the sense that Trudeau is so convinced that anything he does is right and the ends justify the means. He also probably believes it is vital to the country that he remain Prime Minister as nobody else can do the job as well. Thus, ensuring the support of the SNC and Irving corporations is justified in the national (Prime Minister Trudeau's) interest. He's not a bad man. He is just arrogant and just not ready.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Army Guy said:

ending with the current CDS who did nothing but throw him under the bus.  

It's sounding more like Vance and Norman were rivals, Vance didn't want the "interim" supply ship, he didn't want to spend money on it.

Norman then did an end run around him, went outside the chain of command over Vance's head to Jason Kenney.

Vance has a wicked temper and he is vindictive.   I know, because I've gotten on the wrong side of him when he was DCO.

By going over Vance's head to Kenney, Norman broke the code, so it wasn't CYA so much as Vance was out to make an example of him as much as the Liberals were.

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

It's sounding more like Vance and Norman were rivals, Vance didn't want the "interim" supply ship, he didn't want to spend money on it.

Norman then did an end run around him, went outside the chain of command over Vance's head to Jason Kenney.

Vance has a wicked temper and he is vindictive.   I know, because I've gotten on the wrong side of him when he was DCO.

By going over Vance's head to Kenney, Norman broke the code, so it wasn't CYA so much as Vance was out to make an example of him as much as the Liberals were.

Good to see you back Dougie , Vance is a wing not, atleast during is tour as CO of 2 RCR , how he got to CDS is beyond me, I was extremely happy when he left the Regt, and now I can hardly wait until he moves on from being CDS.....

Norman was doing what he could to protect his Element, like any good commander he stuck his neck out when the navy desperately needed a supply ship....look what it cost him, almost everything, you don't see that happening everyday atleast in todays military. Vance is vindictive, and threw is 2 I/c under the bus, showing the entire Armed Forces what poor leadership is and not protecting his troops under him, and second for not listening to the commander of the Navy and Norman who were lobbing the CDS pretty hard for a ship and capability the military really needed....

Vance has not really pursued any large buy during his tenue, unless you count those Fing TPAV useless vehs....come to think of it all I think Vance accomplished is OP honor. and of course been the liberals yes man for his tenure...  

How Vance got the liberals to indorse the entire issue is also beyond comprehension...I'm hoping the CONS look at Norman for a senior position, the navy is or should be next on the list anyway....  

5 hours ago, scribblet said:

Not a big fan of leslie either, but I rather him as CDS than that flake Vance....Another example of liberals fleeing a burning ship I wonder if anyone is counting right now....

53 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Good to see you back Dougie , Vance is a wing not, atleast during is tour as CO of 2 RCR , how he got to CDS is beyond me, I was extremely happy when he left the Regt, and now I can hardly wait until he moves on from being CDS.....

Norman was doing what he could to protect his Element, like any good commander he stuck his neck out when the navy desperately needed a supply ship....look what it cost him, almost everything, you don't see that happening everyday atleast in todays military. Vance is vindictive, and threw is 2 I/c under the bus, showing the entire Armed Forces what poor leadership is and not protecting his troops under him, and second for not listening to the commander of the Navy and Norman who were lobbing the CDS pretty hard for a ship and capability the military really needed....

Vance has not really pursued any large buy during his tenue, unless you count those Fing TPAV useless vehs....come to think of it all I think Vance accomplished is OP honor. and of course been the liberals yes man for his tenure...  

How Vance got the liberals to indorse the entire issue is also beyond comprehension...I'm hoping the CONS look at Norman for a senior position, the navy is or should be next on the list anyway....  

Indeed, but the reason they don't want to spend money on kit is that they want to keep all the frills, like $100,000 change of command parades and soft ice cream machines in the mess.

The brass doesn't care about frontline kit, the important thing is the gravy, the military is nothing more than a public sector make work project and porkbarreling operation.

On the laughably useless TAPV,  that seemed like a combination of funneling pork to Textron, which owns Bell Helicopter Textron in Quebec which is Canadian entrenched interest vendor,  and also it was a sop to Harper buddy Bobby Jindal, as the vehicles are made in Louisiana.

Edited by Dougie93

And this is why, again, despite the CF being chronically underfunded in terms of combat capability, it is none the less platinum plated in terms of the gravy train for the senior brass.

Advocating for more military spending in Canada, is a fool's errand.

The money will never get where you want it to go.  It will simply be diverted into non combat related bloat.

It is broken beyond repair and has already collapsed for all intents and purposes.

It's like giving a blood transfusion to a Priority 4 Expectant casualty with his brains already blown out,  the blood just spurts out of the hole and ends up in the dirt.

So the thing to remember is that most of the military brass were opposed to this ship. They wanted to run a competition, estimated time thirty six months, and then have someone build one. This despite the navy having nothing at all because of a fire and not being able to wait. Davie told Norman they could do it in a year for a set price, and he took it to Kenney, who was defense minister, and Kenney overruled the rest of the military and ordered it done. But as soon as the Liberals came in Irving, through Brison started to try and get the decision changed. 

As an aside, the RCMP never interviewed Kenney and never interviewed Norman. WTF?

That's the backgrounder to why Vance and the brass were willing to help toss Norman under the bus. There are official processes to follow, you know! 

It was fairly clear the feds were dragging their heels as much as possible in hopes of delaying the trial until after the election. The last thing they wanted was Brison and Butts on the stand testifying under oath about their close relationships with the Irvings and how they got together to screw over the navy and an admiral.

I honestly don't think this was ever going to go to trial. Norman's lawyer had already brought a motion to have it all tossed out based on the government not producing the documents they kept asking for, and I think there's an excellent chance that would have happened.

Our unesteemed defense minister Sajjan, has already curtly stated that Norman is not going to get his job back, so I suspect the knives are still out for him and they're trying to figure out how to boot him out without further bad publicity and a whopping big lawsuit.

If Norman can hang on until November, though, and the Tories win the election, he could be the next CDS. 

Edited by Argus