Who is it?

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouvers...ad-e847689328f5

Carol Jamieson, vice-chair of the Greater Toronto Area Conservative Party Presidents Council, had this to say about Stephen Harper.

Said she:

"The Liberals are happy Stephen Harper is our leader. The only thing they fear is that we will change the game on him.

No amount of burger flipping can fix the image problems of this leader.

He can change his wardrobe, try more cornball commercials.

But nobody can hear our message if they can't stop looking at the pitch man in disgust."

Aren't these the same childish tactics that were successfully used against Preston Manning? Nerdy, high squeaky voice, funny haircut, clownish wardrobe, crooked teeth, etc..

Who's behind it?

Reading a big bunch of excerpts from my Czech compatriet's new book on Mulroney I'd say Brian is a definite candidate. But then so is HO HO HO Joe Clark, if he is anything like the NPWBN's poster, Uncle Joe, used to discribe him.

Who else could it be?

Brian Mulroney? The guy who dances with the girl who brought him?

Try instead:

Lucien Richard – 2004 election candidate

Francis-Pierre Rémillard – 2004 election and current candidate

Philippe Giguère, BAA – 2004 election organiser

Payam Eslami-Manoucheri – 2004 election candidate

You can read it all here.

It's a story, but I don't know if it's a big story. I note that no one in Harper's caucus of some 98 people is complaining. If there were a serious problem, there would be caucus stories.

It's a story, but I don't know if it's a big story. I note that no one in Harper's caucus of some 98 people is complaining. If there were a serious problem, there would be caucus stories.
He better handle this but quick so that it does not become a big issue during the campaign. As a New Democrat, I might have the most to lose if Harper is booted. :lol:

He better handle this but quick so that it does not become a big issue during the campaign. As a New Democrat, I might have the most to lose if Harper is booted. :lol:

If i were harper i'd tell em to shove it, come home and run for leader of alberta separation and push the first domino over.

He better handle this but quick so that it does not become a big issue during the campaign.  As a New Democrat, I might have the most to lose if Harper is booted.  :lol:

It ain't gonna happen. I hope.

Must admit the results on the CTV.ca instant poll aren't appealing.

A small but growing number of Conservatives are calling for Stephen Harper to resign. Do you think the party needs a new leader?

Yes - 72% No - 28 %. n=7992

People like politicians who kiss their kids, help old women cross the street, and who buy their suits at Value Village.

In other words, behaving like the common, disenfranchised people they aren't.

Regardless of how I view his policies, I honestly believe Stephen Harper is a decent guy. But he's a POLICY guy, not a feel-good guy. When Stephen Harper picks up your kids, it doesn't seem real. He's not intentionally being pretentious, but it comes across that way.

Jack Layton is a feel-good guy, Martin plays like he's your grandfather, and Duceppe plays the nationalist card.

For a Canadian Conservative politician who is not a feel-good guy with no sweet story, there is only one card he can play, and that is the American one. Unfortunately for Stephen Harper, the Liberals are more than happy to play this card for him.

there is only one card he can play, and that is the American one.  Unfortunately for Stephen Harper, the Liberals are more than happy to play this card for him.

So ... it'll be a race.

And THAT'S the ace card Stephen's got up his sleeve!

And THAT'S how is he going to win! I hope.

That is the ONLY way he can win this time around, IMO.

I'll give you that...

Right after I got my quick Elwis answer in I got to thinking .... I wonder how much the Americans can kick in?

Who does George Bush favor?

GO STEPHEN GO! GO STEPHEN GO!

If Stephen Harper became PM:

1) Canada would join missile defence.

2) The beef dispute would end.

3) George Bush would get the first bit of good news he has seen in the last two months.