Why Canada is Great

On 5/17/2019 at 2:51 AM, August1991 said:

Taxme, I largely agree, Except for:

"...a lot less immigration." Immigration? We're a country with lots of space, the weather is awful.

"As I said many times before, Canada has been controlled...." Canada? What is "Canada?"

"Way to (sic) many children are suffering... "  In Canada? 

===

IMHO, what makes Canada great is that people in Canada often vote outside their tribe. 

Taxme, how will your rant change Canada? Will it make it greater?

Ranting makes my day. :D It helps me to survive each day in this mixed up multicultural mess called Canada. Immigration is the problem, and will never be the solution. More immigrants means more problems, something pro immigration people cannot seem to get thru their thick skulls. The only people who want more immigration into Canada are special interest pro minority non-western groups that want to bring their whole families here to Canada. 

Just because we have a large country does not mean that we have to fill it up and create more garbage to add to our landfills. More new immigrants means more damage to the environment, something the environmentalists seem to be crying about all the time but yet appear to want to ignore that true facts about immigration all the time. We are starting to see too many tribes starting to set up their own tribal communities in Canada today. New immigrants are not really assimilating anymore and thanks to multiculturalism they do not have to anymore. They are just allowed to abuse our system and values and ways of life for their own benefit. Canada has become a dumb ass country. Just my opinion of course. 

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There are actual Marxist and Communist parties.  Did you know?  

Why are there communist party's allowed in Canada when everyone knows that one of the greatest evil isms ever created was communism. Communism has been responsible for hundreds of millions of innocent deaths. If a Nazi or a pro white party are not allowed to exist, then why should there be a communist party allowed to exist? Care to comment on this? 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, Zeitgeist said:

The left will only win over the mainstream and keep the excesses of the right in check (such as Muslim bans), if it gets out of identity politics and focuses on creating opportunities without making certain groups feel under siege. We used to have the idea of big tent politics.  The political centre, like the middle class, is endangered.

No, the only thing that remains to be done is political annihilation of the left. There is no recovery, and no chance for redemption. Much too late.

So-called progressives have taken the left to an extreme end. The pendulum has reached its limit, and liberalism is caving in upon itself. Across this great land, Canada, we can see  the collapse already taking place. Like the calving of once mighty glaciers... beautiful, magnificent destruction. And in Ottawa, you can hear the sound from a distance.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think we are a pretty messed up country.  Look no further than the sign pictured below, showing the name of a river in the Pacific North West.  If you can read that name and pronounce it correctly you must be a real Canadian!   I think I am not.  (wouldn't even try)

2019_Kincolith_27.jpg

9 hours ago, cougar said:

I think we are a pretty messed up country.  Look no further than the sign pictured below, showing the name of a river in the Pacific North West.  If you can read that name and pronounce it correctly you must be a real Canadian!   I think I am not.  (wouldn't even try)

2019_Kincolith_27.jpg

Everyone knows it’s pronounced znukwe.  Lol.  First world problems...

On 5/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, taxme said:

Ranting makes my day. :D It helps me to survive each day in this mixed up multicultural mess called Canada....

One day, years ago while in Toronto, I spoke to the wife of an immigrant - I'd met/known the family abroad.

She asked, "Amazing. Different people here have no argument. How do you do this?"

I answered, "We do. Such is Canada, and people here."

=====

BTW, neither of us were speaking an official language.

Edited by August1991

5 hours ago, August1991 said:

She asked, "Amazing. Different people here have no argument. How do you do this?"

I answered, "We do. Such is Canada, and people here."

We stole the idea of the melting pot and the American dream and called it 'multiculturalism'... disarming liberals and giving the business community endless increasing population.  We have the luxury of seeing how experiments elsewhere unfold, then trying our own spin on them.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:40 AM, Michael Hardner said:

We stole the idea of the melting pot and the American dream...

Disagree. Strongly.

In Canada, you can vote for someone else. Speak another language. Yet still be, uh, Canadian.

==== 

"Canada", like "America", is a federal State.

16 hours ago, August1991 said:

Disagree. Strongly.

In Canada, you can vote for someone else. Speak another language. Yet still be, uh, Canadian.

==== 

"Canada", like "America", is a federal State.

We are Canadian because a piece of paper says we are, anyone can be Canadian if they have enough money, or get selected and approved by immigration dept. or by some politician or PM be it illegally or legally it did not matter up until recently .....Those are not very high standards  the government preaches that it is our diversity that makes us stronger, better, not sure how, as once immigrant land after they spend there time in buck fuc* now where , they up and move to centers that are more in tuned towards their own kind..ie china town, little Italy, etc etc...it is here where they don't have to conform to being Canadian, but rather can concentrate on being more like there old countries, or religious back grounds...How does that make us stronger, better.....is it because now I can get authentic Indian food, Chinese food ? 

You can do all of those things in most other countries including Russia, Pakistan, India, the list goes on.....how does that make it more Canadian

• Like 1

" You can do all of those things in most other countries including Russia, Pakistan, India, the list goes on.....how does that make it more Canadian "

Yes, and by the way, if I ever wanted to live among predominantly East Indian population I would have immigrated to Bombay.  If I wanted to be crowded by Chinese, I could have gone to Shanghai.   I never wanted to visit those places, but now every now and then, while in Canada, I feel like I am being unwillingly immersed in those cultures.  But no, you can say nothing, because one will be called a racist, biased, narrow minded, prejudiced, unfriendly and all the typical more common classifications that come to mind.

Mind you in past wars between countries they were able to tell without any problem who was who, just by their appearance and the language they spoke.     In our case, it will be totally impossible to tell who the commander of our division is fighting for. So lets hope we all live in peace forever.

• Like 1

I think a lot Canadians are more than willing to give up, our morals and values , traditions, customs, to accommodate our newly arrived guests. And a lot of Canadians feel threaten by that, not only white English  Canadians, but Canadians that have been here several generations, and are of different decent ie African American, European decent, assian decent..  There are a few exceptions that after several generations here in Canada although they have soften their outlook a lot, they are not sold on being Canadian, but still hold their old religion or culture as their primary interest...with some examples would be part time Canadians when it is to their benefit...., like say the over 100,000 Canadians in Lebanon...who wanted to be evaced when war was in the air, at Canadians expense, but quickly returned to Lebanon when the rumors of war vanished.... 

Once the topic is broached , normally after a few beers, true feelings come out, with most being uncomfortable with certain races, and religions, their cultures, and traditions, their morals and values....and find them to actually be a threat in some form to our culture and morals, values etc....I know we have had this discuss already, about what are Canadians morals ,values, customs and traditions, with the liberals side saying we don't have any really....while the conservative side spewing out lists....and asking why is it Canadians are the ones that have to change, and give up our culture, traditions, morals and values...and the immigrants are allowed to interject their cultures and traditions to be made to fell more like home...

Some countries the more conservatives ones , tell their immigrants like it or leave it, and they," being the immigrants" for the most part are happy to do it , well most cultures and races are. There are a few that don't want any part of that....they want things and life to be exactly like their home countries are or were like....and in a lot of cases that is what has brought down their nations in the first places...or played a role anyways...We are not one big melting pot, that makes us stronger,  but rather a pot with large chunks of different cultures dumped in...

Being multi race has little effect in our small military, one it's to small, you speak English or French, nothing else, and in NATO English is the primary language for radio traffic....Those immigrants coming from war torn countries don't normally enlist in our military , being that was what they were fleeing in the first place ,military oppression. Those immigrants that do join are normally 2 and or 3 rd. generation ...normally reserved for white or black immigrants, rarely do you have Assian, or middle easterner recruits and then normally in the reserve units...not so much in the reg force....more women in the ranks than visible minorities...It is getting better, but it is far from being multi cultural....or a slice of every culture or nationality.  

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, taxme said:

Ranting makes my day. :D

Just because we have a large country does not mean that we have to fill it up and create more garbage to add to our landfills.

===

Huh?

The world does not lack for children. Like CO2, it has too much/many.

taxme, we lack educated children.

Large country? Our country is large, and cold in winter.

Imagine how we could solve this possible problem of emitting too much CO2 if we had many more educated people.

Edited by August1991

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I think a lot Canadians are more than willing to give up, our morals and values , traditions, customs, to accommodate our newly arrived guests....

Strongly disagree.

===

Army Guy, we teach many kids, from around the world, to be civilised. Heck, some of the immigrants can even learn to speak French.

Sugar Sammy

Edited by August1991

5 hours ago, August1991 said:

Strongly disagree.

===

Army Guy, we teach many kids, from around the world, to be civilised. Heck, some of the immigrants can even learn to speak French.

You only need to work with 2nd generation Canadians to understand what a Canadian is.

I guess not liking Asian people isn't exactly racist but on the other hand why is it that those who are so opposed seem to live away from big cities?

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You only need to work with 2nd generation Canadians to understand what a Canadian is.

I guess not liking Asian people isn't exactly racist but on the other hand why is it that those who are so opposed seem to live away from big cities?

I've noticed that too.

Those who live outside cities tend to be politically conservative and have less human contact to balance the political fear-mongering that occurs to divide people against 'immigrants' ... just to spite Liberals. Smacks of very ugly opportunism.

I think it's shameful that politicians victimize rural people that way for personal political gain. I have a hard time reconciling that with the supposed Christian conservative element, who conduct or contribute to human rights support for marginalized people in developing countries ... but think it's somehow ok to villainize them in Canada. It just doesn't compute.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, August1991 said:

Strongly disagree.

===

Sugar Sammy

Perhaps you need to get out more, to see all the things Canadians have changed to accommodate immigrants, and a lot of others....before I give you the list, can't get me wrong in a lot of cases these cultural practices needed to be updated or change,  merry Christmas, or Christmas holidays in all federal depts. have been changed to "happy holiday" or simple "the holidays", the "Mens Christmas dinner", where senior NCO's give thanks to the Junior staff, is now called the the holiday dinner as it was sexists, and they did not want to offend other religions...... There are thousands of examples where Canadian culture, has been changed to accommodate, immigrants, other religions, other cultures,....Our culture changes everyday, some of it for good reason others because some people have nothing better to do than propose changes... 

such as,  the liberal minded crowd thought it was offensive, or it became some fad that drew media attention... ie statues of past PM's or important people in our history...another would be our national anthem, and "all thy sons command" or other verses within it...

I never said we as Canadians do not change the world for the good, what I sad was Canadians are more willing to change to accommodate other cultures ...than most other nations...not enven sure what learning French has to do with the topic , but OK I did not say they were dumb or incapable. in a lot of cases some immigrants fail to learn either French or English because they have settled in a large group of their own culture...Take china town in BC or large cities like Toronto, Montreal, I had a conversation with an elderly Chinese women in BC who had been in Canada for 20 years , and could only communicate in her native language, and used her daughter to translate everything....she is not the only example, there are many...which has got to say something about the melting pot idea....Canada is not made stronger by ignoring everything that is Canadian. They are Canadian by paper documents only...

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Would you not agree that most immigrants tend to move to these big city centers, where most have large concentrations of their own culture that they know and are familiar with....

with that said the average Canadian living away from these centers are not as exposed to many different cultures, and races...and they cling on to traditional Canadian practices. Which is not a bad thing in my opinion, it's how this nation was built , and it is our history good or bad.......but it is not just these areas where Canadians have expressed concern about old Canadian traditions that are changing as we move forward....and to turn this all around maybe , that it is a lot of city folks that have drawn a line in the sand and are telling the rest of the country, we don't talk about that it's racist.....And are expected to tow the line, after all,  what do all use back country folk know...

7 hours ago, jacee said:

I've noticed that too.

Those who live outside cities tend to be politically conservative and have less human contact to balance the political fear-mongering that occurs to divide people against 'immigrants' ... just to spite Liberals. Smacks of very ugly opportunism.

I think it's shameful that politicians victimize rural people that way for personal political gain. I have a hard time reconciling that with the supposed Christian conservative element, who conduct or contribute to human rights support for marginalized people in developing countries ... but think it's somehow ok to villainize them in Canada. It just doesn't compute.

Bull crap, most of the Maritimes voted red last election , and the largest city being Halifax, would not even qualify as a Ontarian town....and yet they're still a murmur about immigrants, I know we are not as sophisticated as you real city folks... it's not about ugly opportunism, and more about some liberal experiment to dump, hundred of Syrians in buck fuc* NB forcing multi- culturism on a group of people that were not ready for that amount of refugees, we knew nothing about Syria, or its cultural practices…. kind of like learning to swim by being pushed into the deep end...and this made it almost imposable for both sides of the equation....add all that to what is happening nationally like in Quebec with illegal immigration and now if we want to slow it all down your a racist , want to tighten up our borders it is racist....You drew the line....and we don't like it shoved down our throat....there is a reason we live away from the cities...to get away from finger pointers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

1. Would you not agree that most immigrants tend to move to these big city centers, where most have large concentrations of their own culture that they know and are familiar with....

2. with that said the average Canadian living away from these centers are not as exposed to many different cultures, and races...

3. ....and they cling on to traditional Canadian practices.

4. Which is not a bad thing in my opinion, it's how this nation was built , and it is our history good or bad.......

5. but it is not just these areas where Canadians have expressed concern about old Canadian traditions that are changing as we move forward....

6. and to turn this all around maybe ,

7. that it is a lot of city folks that have drawn a line in the sand and are telling the rest of the country, we don't talk about that it's racist.....

8. And are expected to tow the line, after all,  what do all use back country folk know...

1. Sure

2. Sure

3. Cling ?  I'm sure that Canadian practices, whatever you mean by that, are the dominant culture in their domains and most.

4. Cultural practices change and are very different today from 1867.

5. So, let's recap: they live in a place where there are few immigrants and their way of life hasn't changed.  They have expressed concern about their traditions that are changing... but they actually aren't changing where they live.

6. ...turn what around ?  Make people live in ways they agree with ?  

7. Ok, let's forget about whether it's racist or not.  Why is it their business to tell people what music to like, what foods to eat, how to live their lives ?

8. I guess you know so much that you can tell people who live in the cities how to live their lives.  If it's not racism, then ok.  But it amounts to saying "I don't want the fabric of Canada to change even though my area itself isn't changing".  Some of them evoke their grandparents having fought in wars as though that has something to do with it.  Others decry globalization and just want things to be the way they were decades ago.  Well, voting out Trudeau won't make that happen.  Scheer might promise to do things drastically differently but he won't be doing that.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 7:55 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Has anyone ever actually taken a poll on immigration which demonstrated who among those answering is rural vs urban?

I'll give you a reason, even without a cite or evidence to support your view. As Jonathan Haidt has said in a few lectures, those with a globalist mindset, those who love difference and novelty and thrive in that environment will, if born outside multicultural cities, tend to go there. Those born in those cities who are more traditionalist, who value God, Queen and Country, and believe in the tried and true, will not find such an environment much to their liking and will tend to try to move elsewhere. In this era, where movement is fairly free and easy, groups will tend to sort each other by what and where they feel comfortable.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1